CB Wright contemplates retirement, Culliver's hearing is set

hawknation2014

Reaction score
"Coach Jim Harbaugh said, via Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com, that cornerback Eric Wright is contemplating retirement after seven seasons in the NFL."
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... etirement/

In other news, a preliminary hearing in the criminal case against cornerback Chris Culliver was for July 10. Culliver faces a felony charge of possession of brass knuckles and misdemeanor charges of hit-and-run causing injury and hit-and-run causing property damage.
http://profootballzone.com/nfl/chris-cu ... july-10th/

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":a1ti7n4q said:
"Coach Jim Harbaugh said, via Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com, that cornerback Eric Wright is contemplating retirement after seven seasons in the NFL."

In other news, a preliminary hearing in the criminal case against cornerback Chris Culliver was for July 10. Culliver faces a felony charge of possession of brass knuckles and misdemeanor charges of hit-and-run causing injury and hit-and-run causing property damage.

Just an update....Wright has officially retired.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Marvin49":1xrvd4a0 said:
hawknation2014":1xrvd4a0 said:

Marvin, is the plan to postpone Culliver's trial for as long as possible in hopes that he can avoid jail time and/or suspension during the season?

He's still penciled in as a starter, correct?

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Throwdown":2rao3ndr said:
Addition by subtraction or the 9ers, Wright wasn't really even that good.

In before the Niner fan base could say it!!!

They'll be saying the same thing about Gore, Cowboy and Boldin pretty soon.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Throwdown":1007vrjw said:
Lol I was serious though...

Wright sucks

True but look at the stat's of that entire CB corp. He kind fits right in. At least he had an era were he was good.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":13oyvyv6 said:
Marvin49":13oyvyv6 said:
hawknation2014":13oyvyv6 said:

Marvin, is the plan to postpone Culliver's trial for as long as possible in hopes that he can avoid jail time and/or suspension during the season?

As I understand it (and this was reported by some 49ers beat writers) the 49ers don't anticipate a suspension THIS year for Culliver.

They aren't postponing anything as far as I know....the system is slow enough all by itself. The guy who stabbed Aldon Smith like 2-3 years ago just NOW got convicted (like 2 days ago). The only reason Aldons situation is going to sentencing so quickly is because he plead "no contest" to the sheet in an effort to do so very early and hope for leniency from the judge. Even then it stemmed from last offseason (and during season in the case of the DUI).

As of right now, he and Brock are penciled in as starters, but Culliver is still coming off a torn ACL and not at full participation in practice. My guess is that Culliver and Brock start week 1 and Ward is the nickel.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1fkchvv0 said:
Throwdown":1fkchvv0 said:
Addition by subtraction or the 9ers, Wright wasn't really even that good.

In before the Niner fan base could say it!!!

They'll be saying the same thing about Gore, Cowboy and Boldin pretty soon.

Probably...but at the stages of their careers they will be at when they leave, we could be right.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Marvin49":vpks1nke said:
hawknation2014":vpks1nke said:
Marvin49":vpks1nke said:
hawknation2014":vpks1nke said:

As I understand it (and this was reported by some 49ers beat writers) the 49ers don't anticipate a suspension THIS year for Culliver.

They aren't postponing anything as far as I know....the system is slow enough all by itself. The guy who stabbed Aldon Smith like 2-3 years ago just NOW got convicted (like 2 days ago). The only reason Aldons situation is going to sentencing so quickly is because he plead "no contest" to the sheet in an effort to do so very early and hope for leniency from the judge. Even then it stemmed from last offseason (and during season in the case of the DUI).

As of right now, he and Brock are penciled in as starters, but Culliver is still coming off a torn ACL and not at full participation in practice. My guess is that Culliver and Brock start week 1 and Ward is the nickel.

So you're saying you will have someone, who was involved in a hit in run causing injury and then threatened a 15-year old boy with illegal brass knuckles, starting on your team . . . above reproach, that's the 49er way!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3cka1h7v said:
So you're saying you will have someone, who was involved in a hit in run causing injury and then threatened a 15-year old boy with illegal brass knuckles, starting on your team . . . above reproach, that's the 49er way!

This is exactly what I have been saying. The Niners FO will not do anything except pretend nothing is wrong until it has to be. Many teams have handled these things on their own in addition to what the NFL does for causing embarrassment to the team, just for misdemeanors. Not the Niners, welcome home!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":jiprzhhl said:
hawknation2014":jiprzhhl said:

This is exactly what I have been saying. The Niners FO will not do anything except pretend nothing is wrong until it has to be. Many teams have handled these things on their own in addition to what the NFL does for causing embarrassment to the team, just for misdemeanors. Not the Niners, welcome home!

In before the *sigh* ......... 8) :stirthepot:

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":gfk6lhn9 said:
Marvin49":gfk6lhn9 said:
hawknation2014":gfk6lhn9 said:

Man...you can't help yourself can you?

You ask an honest question, I give an honest answer, and you have to immediately put on the "the Seahawks are Angels and the 49ers are Devils" glasses.

oi.

PLEASE....give me a example of a team punishing a player (team punishment, not league punishment) with similar talent and similar transgressions.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3fdoyh5a said:
hawknation2014":3fdoyh5a said:

Really? Show me examples.

4freakin9

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2dilutsg said:
hawknation2014":2dilutsg said:

Except for how they sent Aldon to rehab in the middle of the freakin season. Yeah they do nothing :sarcasm_off:

bigtrain21

Reaction score
4freakin9":2c99uk0z said:
loafoftatupu":2c99uk0z said:
hawknation2014":2c99uk0z said:

Except for how they sent Aldon to rehab in the middle of the freakin season. Yeah they do nothing :sarcasm_off:

That's a pretty terrible example. That was when he plowed into a tree and passed out, right? The wheels were still turning when someone approached the SUV. They let him practice that day and he played in the game that very week.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":25gokyyq said:
hawknation2014":25gokyyq said:
Marvin49":25gokyyq said:
hawknation2014":25gokyyq said:

Man...you can't help yourself can you?

You ask an honest question, I give an honest answer, and you have to immediately put on the "the Seahawks are Angels and the 49ers are Devils" glasses.

oi.

PLEASE....give me a example of a team punishing a player (team punishment, not league punishment) with similar talent and similar transgressions.

That ain't it at all Marv. If coach dad pants had kept his mouth shut about our own troubles (which were legit troubles, not sugar coating anything) nobody would be throwing anything in the 9'ers face. But instead he had to come out with his "beyond reproach" nonsense, so he gets what he gets. Reap what you sow Jimmy...

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
4freakin9":311b140q said:
loafoftatupu":311b140q said:
hawknation2014":311b140q said:

Seriously? They sent him to rehab for one reason and one reason only. To avoid the possibility of Roger doing it at a much less convenient time. Think about it, he PLAYED against the Colts in spite of a lot of resistance from the public, then took a 5 game hiatus for the easiest part of the schedule and on the front side of a bye. So the Niners were in control of the games he missed rather than Roger nailing the Niners for a period where they needed him.

They knew he was gone for games at some point, so they took the matter as having a choice. There is one other reason, that being to make sure he doesn't get added punishment from the courts.

Either way, they let the guy play immediately following the incident and doesn't that just say it all? Heh.. I would not be surprised if Smith was busted again while drunk. That guy is too stupid to stay out of trouble and the rehab was a sideshow.