RIP Chuck Noll - HoF Head Coach

The Radish

Reaction score
RIP Chuck, you changed the game.

75 or 76 Stillirs take your pick for greatest team ever. I think it was 75 that had 5 shutouts in one season.

:les:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The first football game I ever watched start to finish was the 74 Super Bowl (actually 75) born to a Steelers family, I knew who Noll was and what he meant as a 6 year old.

I was literally sad when his career ended, even as a Hawks fan. Bubby Brister, Louis Lipps and Merrill Hoge just couldn't get it done. Oh, neither could Malone or Stoudt.

RIP

The original creator of the "Dynasty"

OP
OP
drdiags

drdiags

Reaction score
Noll, Lombardi, Halas, Walsh and Landry all created something special, though Halas was more in the mid 1900s than the Superbowl era.

I am sure Shula, Belicheck, Stram and the Big Tuna are in the argument as well. Thinking about it, tough to rate the various HCs but Noll was up there. Loved the style of football his teams played with.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I was watching this video last night and kept thinking, "That sounds kind of like Pete," as they showed footage of Noll describing how he was a teacher of the game and he and his staff focused on fundamentals, how his teams were tough and physical, etc.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh-st ... Chuck-Noll

They're very different personalities, but I definitely see some parallels between Noll and PC. May the Seahawks have an equally (or more) successful dynasty before Pete is done!

RIP, Chuck. You were one of the truly great ones.