Colin kaepernick gets contract extension

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
  • "The Slant" ..... according to Marvin :roll:
    User avatar
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3329
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • The deal doesn't help them sign other players. That's all spin. He signed for second tier money because he's a second tier QB (though I put him on the upper end of that tier). The deal has the potential to pay elite money to account for Kap's considerable upside. However, they can't plan around the de-escalators, so that money still has to be left aside. The whole "he did it for the team" stuff is nonsense. The April 1 opt-out provisions do nothing to help their cause as long as Kap is still on the team. This is a "try out" contract for no other reason than that they're not completely sold on him yet. That sentiment shouldn't be that surprising; there's a large contingent of the 49ers fanbase that felt the same way before this deal was ever announced.

    If you want to say they structured it in a similar way to their LB deals, then that says it all right there. Linebackers are fungible to some degree. Elite quarterbacks are not. They'd be laughed out of the room if they tried to get a young Joe Montana or Peyton Manning to agree to those clauses.
    User avatar
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3593
    Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am


  • I think KaeperFail is just grand. He has a Super strong arm and such a broad range of skills. He seems really smart too, especially when he talks. He is obviously a cerebral guy. When watching the WSJ interview he said he wanted to bring the "Hip Hop" look to the QB position to prove that tatted up guys are just like everyone else and to make a fashion statement. That is nothing short of Genius. :shock:

    The KaeperTract is the most perfect thing that could happen for both the Niners and KaeperTat. Now that the Niner Public Relations Committee has spoken, I totally understand that KaeperBust gets rich, the Niners don't have to pay a penny for him and that the KaeperDeal will not have any impact to the Niner salary situation ever. In fact, according to the Niner PR group, after signing the KaeperTract the Niners even have MORE salary to work with.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5570
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


  • Jville wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Really? If Wilson signed a deal this friendly to the Seahawks, what would you say?


    What do you think this is ....... a fantasy forum?


    Interesting question, because if you check out any page of conversations and you'll find a lot of "fantasy forum" type posts. What if this? What if that? What do you think will happen? etc..etc. All I see on this forum, especially in the offseason, is reminiscing about the past and putting guesses out there on the future "What if? What if?"

    Regarding Marvin49's question: I not only see nothing wrong with this "assumption", I think it is a valid question. And I agree: If the exact same story came out but you swapped Kap's name for Wilson's, the reaction here would be a lot different. And the opposite is likely true if you are on the 49ers forum - praising Kap for his selflessness, and if the names were swapped they'd be bagging on Wilson too.

    I'm guessing Marvin49 is just saying when you consider this likelihood, maybe just maybe it's possible Kap didn't go into this making a mistake, rather he actually did this to help the 49ers organization help build the team so he can win

    You don't think that's a valid way to support his point?
    User avatar
    byau
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 142
    Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:46 pm
    Location: Los Angeles


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    I have no idea if he's a Niner fan or a Seahawk fan....all I know is what he said is 100% true.



    That's never mattered and it isn't true anyways. The teams get to the same point in different ways and have entirely different views on drafting. They are however both capable FO and do things their own way. We know this and the sensitivity to hearing otherwise is ridiculous. Quit being a pussy about it. If you don't like it, leave. You have a DenialZone account, go find all the accurate and "fair" talk about the Seahawks there, then explain to me why anyone should consider anything you have to say.

    Just think, your imaginary friend is a nothing more than a dirtbag. A pillar of support.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5570
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


  • byau wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Really? If Wilson signed a deal this friendly to the Seahawks, what would you say?


    What do you think this is ....... a fantasy forum?


    Interesting question, because if you check out any page of conversations and you'll find a lot of "fantasy forum" type posts. What if this? What if that? What do you think will happen? etc..etc. All I see on this forum, especially in the offseason, is reminiscing about the past and putting guesses out there on the future "What if? What if?"

    Regarding Marvin49's question: I not only see nothing wrong with this "assumption", I think it is a valid question. And I agree: If the exact same story came out but you swapped Kap's name for Wilson's, the reaction here would be a lot different. And the opposite is likely true if you are on the 49ers forum - praising Kap for his selflessness, and if the names were swapped they'd be bagging on Wilson too.

    I'm guessing Marvin49 is just saying when you consider this likelihood, maybe just maybe it's possible Kap didn't go into this making a mistake, rather he actually did this to help the 49ers organization help build the team so he can win

    You don't think that's a valid way to support his point?


    This.

    ...and yes, 49er fans would probably bag on Wilsons deal. Nature of the beast.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2900
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:He's 3-0 on the road in the playoffs. Montana only ever won once. Young never did.

    Err...What?
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 24799
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


  • Fudwamper wrote:I feel sorry for Kap.


    LOL at the concern trolling.

    Your argument is basically that:

    A) You are an outlier in that unlike most others you weren't expecting him to sign for a deal that, depending on his play, is lower than recently signed second-tier quarterbacks (e.g. Cutler, Flacco, Stafford, etc.; basically if he plays like these guys he'll get paid less than them).

    B) You don't understand how taking a MUCH lower guaranteed signing bonus than expected frees up room for more re-signings from today through the next league year.

    C) You don't understand how including de-escalators if they don't go to the SB or he isn't an All-Pro frees up money to bring in more firepower.

    The first is an opinion, and the later two are just strange claims to make.

    Also, it's worth saying that you rejecting an explanation is not the same thing as one not being offered, which is what happened above.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1034
    Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 am


  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:He's 3-0 on the road in the playoffs. Montana only ever won once. Young never did.

    Err...What?


    lol.

    oops. My bad.

    3-1
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2900
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm



  • Jville wrote:"The Slant" ..... according to Marvin :roll:


    Still. Can't. Answer. Simple. Question.

    "The Dodge" by Jville.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2900
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • RolandDeschain wrote:Super Bowls count as road games. (See how Pro Football Reference lists Peyton's playoff record, and it's the same number everyone refers to.)

    3-2. I guess you were only off by 40%. :lol:


    Really?

    Learn something new every day. I guess that's fair....but there is a huge difference between a neutral field and an away game. I don't think people usually count the SBs tho when they talk about the stats.

    If that were the case by the way then Montana doesn't have 1 road win as most say...he'd have 5. BTW, I don't see the road playoff record listed on Mannings page. I might just be blind, but I don't see it.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2900
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Damnit, now I can't find where I saw it at. Somewhere on that site, if I find it again I'll link it; Pro Football Reference has a lot of great information, but it's a pain in the ass trying to find some of their information. Their site could use an improved design.

    I completely agree that Super Bowls are unique in that regard. Rest assured, should the Seahawks get back to the Super Bowl and lose, I'll be counting it as a road loss in DangeRuss's overall playoff record, though. (Unless Seattle's literally the city hosting that particular Super Bowl, haha.)
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 24799
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Jville wrote:"The Slant" ..... according to Marvin :roll:


    Still. Can't. Answer. Simple. Question.

    "The Dodge" by Jville.



    I haven't been paying attention, but what exactly is your point again? And why does it matter?
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5570
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


  • byau wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Really? If Wilson signed a deal this friendly to the Seahawks, what would you say?


    What do you think this is ....... a fantasy forum?


    Interesting question, because if you check out any page of conversations and you'll find a lot of "fantasy forum" type posts. What if this? What if that? What do you think will happen? etc..etc. All I see on this forum, especially in the offseason, is reminiscing about the past and putting guesses out there on the future "What if? What if?"

    Regarding Marvin49's question: I not only see nothing wrong with this "assumption", I think it is a valid question. And I agree: If the exact same story came out but you swapped Kap's name for Wilson's, the reaction here would be a lot different. And the opposite is likely true if you are on the 49ers forum - praising Kap for his selflessness, and if the names were swapped they'd be bagging on Wilson too.

    I'm guessing Marvin49 is just saying when you consider this likelihood, maybe just maybe it's possible Kap didn't go into this making a mistake, rather he actually did this to help the 49ers organization help build the team so he can win

    You don't think that's a valid way to support his point?


    Your answer is in the thread. The problem is comprehension.
    User avatar
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3329
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • loafoftatupu wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Jville wrote:"The Slant" ..... according to Marvin :roll:


    Still. Can't. Answer. Simple. Question.

    "The Dodge" by Jville.



    I haven't been paying attention, but what exactly is your point again? And why does it matter?


    I simply asked him if he would be as critical of the deal had Wilson signed it instead of Kap. IE, would he think WIlson agents didn't represent him well, Wilson just didn't know what he was signing, or that the Seahawks screwed him if Wilson had signed the exact same contract.

    It matters (well it doesn't really in the grand scheme, but none of this really does) only to show that there is a "slant" as he said to his opinion on Kaps motivation in signing the contract he did.

    My point is that Wilson would be celebrated as a hero if he'd signed the exact same contract.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2900
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Montana and Young probably did not have to go on the road very often because they tended to win the NFCW every year and either they or the Giants were the top seed in the NFC in the '80s (and either they or the Cowboys were the top seed in the NFC in the '90s).

    Kaepernick's team didn't win his division last year and had three road games already.

    I should probably look up the numbers, but that's the first thing I thought when reading about the road records.
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    User avatar
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3620
    Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm
    Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest


  • Jville wrote:
    byau wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Really? If Wilson signed a deal this friendly to the Seahawks, what would you say?


    What do you think this is ....... a fantasy forum?


    Interesting question, because if you check out any page of conversations and you'll find a lot of "fantasy forum" type posts. What if this? What if that? What do you think will happen? etc..etc. All I see on this forum, especially in the offseason, is reminiscing about the past and putting guesses out there on the future "What if? What if?"

    Regarding Marvin49's question: I not only see nothing wrong with this "assumption", I think it is a valid question. And I agree: If the exact same story came out but you swapped Kap's name for Wilson's, the reaction here would be a lot different. And the opposite is likely true if you are on the 49ers forum - praising Kap for his selflessness, and if the names were swapped they'd be bagging on Wilson too.

    I'm guessing Marvin49 is just saying when you consider this likelihood, maybe just maybe it's possible Kap didn't go into this making a mistake, rather he actually did this to help the 49ers organization help build the team so he can win

    You don't think that's a valid way to support his point?


    Your answer is in the thread. The problem is comprehension.


    Your answer was a dodge. Instead of answering a simple question you responding with "fantasy world", and "The Slant" comments that did nothing but dodge the question.

    You did say that the Seahawks won't do a deal like Kap and the 49ers did and that's entirely possible. It would be a good answer too...if it was an answer to the question I asked.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2900
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Smelly McUgly wrote:Montana and Young probably did not have to go on the road very often because they tended to win the NFCW every year and either they or the Giants were the top seed in the NFC in the '80s (and either they or the Cowboys were the top seed in the NFC in the '90s).

    Kaepernick's team didn't win his division last year and had three road games already.

    I should probably look up the numbers, but that's the first thing I thought when reading about the road records.


    True....

    But in their opportunities on the road they lost far more often on the road than they won. If you find those stats tho, let me know. I'd like to see them as well.

    As for Kap...yes, they won on the road because they had to play on the road....but that doesn't change the fact that they won in Atlanta, won in GB, and won in Carolina. They were in a position where they had to play on the road, but they still won those games.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2900
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Jville wrote:"The Slant" ..... according to Marvin :roll:


    Still. Can't. Answer. Simple. Question.

    "The Dodge" by Jville.


    "Trolling" by Marvin
    User avatar
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3329
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • F Krapsondick, F Hairball, and F most Niners fans.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2706
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Montana's 2-4 on the road not counting the Super Bowl (1-3 with the 49ers, two losses coming to the powerhouse Giants of the '80s).

    Young's 0-3 on the road not counting the Super Bowl (0-2, really because he apparently got hurt early in one game against Green Bay).

    I guess Marvin has a point about that.
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    User avatar
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3620
    Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm
    Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    My point is that Wilson would be celebrated as a hero if he'd signed the exact same contract.


    OK. So what is the problem with that?
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5570
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


  • Re-posted a second time.

    Jville wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    No, its a simple question about hypocrisy.


    So .... you chose to side tracked this thread with mud slinging. We do have a forum titled [ POLITICS, WAR & RELIGION FORUM ] specificallly for that activity.

    Your certainly way off topic here.


    Dude.

    I asked you a simple question that you don't want to answer. That isn't mud-slinging.

    Let me try it again.

    If Wilson signed the exact same contract, would you say Wilson or his agents are idiots or would you say that Wilson is a hero who took less to help the team?


    Dude

    Will not happen.

    Different Culture. Different Program.

    Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks will make a stronger mutual commitment than that.
    User avatar
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3329
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • loafoftatupu wrote:I think KaeperFail is just grand. He has a Super strong arm and such a broad range of skills. He seems really smart too, especially when he talks. He is obviously a cerebral guy. When watching the WSJ interview he said he wanted to bring the "Hip Hop" look to the QB position to prove that tatted up guys are just like everyone else and to make a fashion statement. That is nothing short of Genius. :shock:

    The KaeperTract is the most perfect thing that could happen for both the Niners and KaeperTat. Now that the Niner Public Relations Committee has spoken, I totally understand that KaeperBust gets rich, the Niners don't have to pay a penny for him and that the KaeperDeal will not have any impact to the Niner salary situation ever. In fact, according to the Niner PR group, after signing the KaeperTract the Niners even have MORE salary to work with.

    Your last sentence sums up NinaTroll math! It was created by a delusional bunch of folks that think that old antique trophies from decades ago have relevance to their current team, and how the leagues out to screw their "storied franchise" at every turn. It's not that Seattle is the better team, it's that they got lucky or the refs and the NFL like the Hawks better. Always an excuse or spin for their recent failures with these folks. ................. Sigh.
    Last edited by Sports Hernia on Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11154
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


  • loafoftatupu wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    My point is that Wilson would be celebrated as a hero if he'd signed the exact same contract.


    OK. So what is the problem with that?


    Nothing. Just pointed it out and called him on it.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2900
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Jville wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Jville wrote:"The Slant" ..... according to Marvin :roll:


    Still. Can't. Answer. Simple. Question.

    "The Dodge" by Jville.


    "Trolling" by Marvin

    Winner...... game, set, and match goes to Jville! :th2thumbs:
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11154
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    My point is that Wilson would be celebrated as a hero if he'd signed the exact same contract.


    OK. So what is the problem with that?


    Nothing. Just pointed it out and called him on it.


    This is the honest truth, not making this up. If Russell Wilson signed that contract which has plenty of money but not guarantees. I would wonder why the team wasn't confident in him. He didn't take less money, he took less guaranteed money. The fact that it was reported as 60 million guaranteed when it is only 12.7 or so is telling to me.
    User avatar
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *
     
    Posts: 1107
    Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:48 am


  • Jville wrote:Re-posted a second time.

    Jville wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    So .... you chose to side tracked this thread with mud slinging. We do have a forum titled [ POLITICS, WAR & RELIGION FORUM ] specificallly for that activity.

    Your certainly way off topic here.


    Dude.

    I asked you a simple question that you don't want to answer. That isn't mud-slinging.

    Let me try it again.

    If Wilson signed the exact same contract, would you say Wilson or his agents are idiots or would you say that Wilson is a hero who took less to help the team?


    Dude

    Will not happen.

    Different Culture. Different Program.

    Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks will make a stronger mutual commitment than that.


    As I said before, it would be a great answer if it was an answer to the question I asked.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2900
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • bigtrain21 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    My point is that Wilson would be celebrated as a hero if he'd signed the exact same contract.


    OK. So what is the problem with that?


    Nothing. Just pointed it out and called him on it.


    This is the honest truth, not making this up. If Russell Wilson signed that contract which has plenty of money but not guarantees. I would wonder why the team wasn't confident in him. He didn't take less money, he took less guaranteed money. The fact that it was reported as 60 million guaranteed when it is only 12.7 or so is telling to me.


    I don't agree with you, but thank you for answering the question
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2900
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • RolandDeschain wrote:Super Bowls count as road games. (See how Pro Football Reference lists Peyton's playoff record, and it's the same number everyone refers to.)

    3-2. I guess you were only off by 40%. :lol:

    BURN!

    That's NinaTroll math he was using iRo! In NinaTroll math you just make up crap as you go along, and if something doesn't go your way (like a couple of losses) then you simply don't count them. That way you don't have to deal with reality.
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11154
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Jville wrote:Re-posted a second time.

    Jville wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Dude.

    I asked you a simple question that you don't want to answer. That isn't mud-slinging.

    Let me try it again.

    If Wilson signed the exact same contract, would you say Wilson or his agents are idiots or would you say that Wilson is a hero who took less to help the team?


    Dude

    Will not happen.

    Different Culture. Different Program.

    Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks will make a stronger mutual commitment than that.


    As I said before, it would be a great answer if it was an answer to the question I asked.


    You have a reply Marvin. Comprehension is up to you.
    User avatar
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3329
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • Shaping discussions and perspectives about 49er subject matter is the preoccupation of 49er trolls.

    A plague insisting on imprinting their culture ... to the detriment of native culture.
    User avatar
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3329
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • Jville wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Jville wrote:Re-posted a second time.

    Jville wrote:
    Dude

    Will not happen.

    Different Culture. Different Program.

    Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks will make a stronger mutual commitment than that.


    As I said before, it would be a great answer if it was an answer to the question I asked.


    You have a reply Marvin. Comprehension is up to you.


    ...dodge...
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2900
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Jville wrote:Shaping discussions and perspectives about 49er subject matter is the preoccupation of 49er trolls.

    A plague insisting on imprinting their culture ... to the detriment of native culture.


    Asking you to answer a simple question isn't "A plague insisting on imprinting their culture ... to the detriment of native culture".

    ...dodge...

    Ya know what tho? I'm done hounding you on it. I've made my point.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2900
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • You Trolls are never done.

    Shaping discussions and perspectives about 49er subject matter is the preoccupation of 49er trolls.

    A plague insisting on imprinting their culture ... to the detriment of native culture.
    User avatar
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3329
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • And regardless where you are, there are Niners trolls calling Hawks trolls etc. They jump on every single Hawk story and make their stupid comments. Yet, when Hawks fans do it, they are "trolls" and "bandwagon" :roll:

    Santa Clara, not the brightest crew out there.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2706
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • SoulfishHawk wrote:And regardless where you are, there are Niners trolls calling Hawks trolls etc. They jump on every single Hawk story and make their stupid comments. Yet, when Hawks fans do it, they are "trolls" and "bandwagon" :roll:

    Santa Clara, not the brightest crew out there.

    Like I've said in the past, stupidity and mental illness is rampant amongst that fan base IMHO.
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11154
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    My point is that Wilson would be celebrated as a hero if he'd signed the exact same contract.


    OK. So what is the problem with that?


    Nothing. Just pointed it out and called him on it.


    Called who out? What for?
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5570
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:And regardless where you are, there are Niners trolls calling Hawks trolls etc. They jump on every single Hawk story and make their stupid comments. Yet, when Hawks fans do it, they are "trolls" and "bandwagon" :roll:

    Santa Clara, not the brightest crew out there.

    Like I've said in the past, stupidity and mental illness is rampant amongst that fan base IMHO.


    This is such a terrible statement. You should be ashamed. I have a family member who has a mental illness. And guess what? She is a product of the State of Washington and a Seahawks fan. You are so narrowminded. Its not even funny. News flash dude, mental illness is rampant in every single state.This is just as much an issue in Washington as it is in any state. And not only that, but I would venture to guess that there are more mental illness related deaths per person in Washington than in California because people are happier in California, than Washington since the weather is so dam poor.

    Shame on you. Not something you joke about.

    This is a football forum. We are talking about football. You take football WAY too seriously. I hope nothing bad happens to you where you have to eat your words, because I couldn't wish what my family has gone through to give my sister the best medication and treatment possible on ANYBODY. Not even my worse enemy.

    Its football. Its a game. WOW
    JZ#1
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 193
    Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:33 pm


  • If Wilson signed a contract like this we would probably be happy knowing we had cap room.

    2 seasons from now when he is holding out and demanding a trade because he understands he got fleeced we would be all pissed off because he signed a damn contract.

    This is what is on the horizon for the 49ers.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 10081
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • This brief lull in trolling can't last. So I had better post this now.

    In spite of all the noise, Kaepernick's contract details have revealed considerable differences between headline splash and actual details. Some predict it to be a president setting extension of image making. If they are right, then the priority for future contract language within many team cultures may be moving even further toward playing to the fans and media. Now more than ever, contract substance is buried in the details.
    User avatar
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3329
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Just like how you can't admit that Krapsondick makes you nervous as a Niner fan, at least when it counts in the big games.

    I thought this was an interesting post, so I went back and tried to determine (probably subjectively) how many "big games" Kap has started in his young career. I think it is fair so say he has played in 15 "big games."

    ----------------------------------

    6 "big games" back in 2012: @ New Orleans (his 2nd career start following his amazing MNF performance against CHI), @ New England, @ Seattle, Green Bay (first playoff game), @ Atlanta (NFCCG), Baltimore (SB).

    In those games, he was 4-2. He was 98/166 in pass completions and attempts (59% completion percentage). He threw 10 TDs and 5 INTs (2-1 TD/INT ratio). And he threw for 245 ypg.

    ------------------------------------

    Last season, in 2013, he played 9 "big games": Green Bay (first game of the season), @ Seattle, Carolina, @ New Orleans, Seattle, @ Arizona (Arizona was coming off a win at the CLINK and was fighting for a playoff spot), @ Green Bay, @ Carolina, @ Seattle.

    In those games, he was 5-4. He was 149/265 in pass completions and attempts (56.2% completion percentage). He threw 11 TDs and 9 INTs (1.22 TD/INT ratio). And he threw for 202 ypg.

    ------------------------------------

    Just for the record, he is 12-2 in all other games ("non-big games" ).

    ------------------------------------

    So, overall, he has been 9-6 in "big games."

    He beat Tom Brady in Foxburough in December (first team to do so in almost a decade)-- he threw 4 TDs in that game. He out gunned Aaron Rodgers in his first ever playoff game. He came from behind in a 0-17 deficit against Atlanta in the 2012 NFCCG. He won 2 away playoffs games in the most recent playoffs.

    I don't know how anyone could objectively say a fan of the 49ers should be nervous when Kap is in a "big game" situation. Sure, he lost in the SB. Sure, he lost in the NFCCG against your Seahawks.

    But, in the end of the day, he has more clutch performances than chokes.

    I get it. Kap isn't the best QB in the league. Hell, he might not even be in the top 5.

    But the guy has only 1 full year of starting under his belt, and he has already shown the entire NFL that he can win in "big games."

    So, no, Kap doesn't make me nervous. In fact, I have never and probably will never believe the 49ers are down and out when he is at the helm.
    Front7vLOB
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 75
    Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:57 pm


  • JZ#1 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:And regardless where you are, there are Niners trolls calling Hawks trolls etc. They jump on every single Hawk story and make their stupid comments. Yet, when Hawks fans do it, they are "trolls" and "bandwagon" :roll:

    Santa Clara, not the brightest crew out there.

    Like I've said in the past, stupidity and mental illness is rampant amongst that fan base IMHO.


    This is such a terrible statement. You should be ashamed. I have a family member who has a mental illness. And guess what? She is a product of the State of Washington and a Seahawks fan. You are so narrowminded. Its not even funny. News flash dude, mental illness is rampant in every single state.This is just as much an issue in Washington as it is in any state. And not only that, but I would venture to guess that there are more mental illness related deaths per person in Washington than in California because people are happier in California, than Washington since the weather is so dam poor.

    Shame on you. Not something you joke about.

    This is a football forum. We are talking about football. You take football WAY too seriously. I hope nothing bad happens to you where you have to eat your words, because I couldn't wish what my family has gone through to give my sister the best medication and treatment possible on ANYBODY. Not even my worse enemy.

    Its football. Its a game. WOW


    I find myself in the odd position of defending Sports Hernia. LOL.

    I don't think he was 100% serious and just making a "you guys are nuts" comment.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2900
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • chris98251 wrote:If Wilson signed a contract like this we would probably be happy knowing we had cap room.

    2 seasons from now when he is holding out and demanding a trade because he understands he got fleeced we would be all pissed off because he signed a damn contract.

    This is what is on the horizon for the 49ers.


    Thanks. That's an honest answer.

    I think Kaep knew what he was getting into, but that's an argument for another day.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2900
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Confirmation
    User avatar
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3329
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • Sports Hernia wrote:Like I've said in the past, stupidity and mental illness is rampant amongst that fan base IMHO.


    quality post IMHO.
    User avatar
    lucky49
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 82
    Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:29 pm


  • Jville wrote:Confirmation


    of?
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2900
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Well, if you think Kaep is a big game, clutch QB, that's fine. We can agree to disagree.
    He's a hell of a QB, I don't doubt that. But his decision making is what sets him apart from the top guys.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2706
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • You Trolls are never done.

    Shaping discussions and perspectives about 49er subject matter is the preoccupation of 49er trolls.

    A plague insisting on imprinting their culture ... to the detriment of native culture.
    User avatar
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3329
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


PreviousNext


It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:24 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online