Colin kaepernick gets contract extension

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
  • Romans depth through much of the year consisted of a steaming pile of $h*t. Beyond Boldin for pass carchers was Baldwin and Osgood with a rookie TE in Macdonald. Patton and Crabs were out most of the season.
    User avatar
    Sourdough #49
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 63
    Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:18 am


  • Marvin49 wrote:Interesting....

    http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/tip-hat-kap

    "Prior to last season, the Baltimore Ravens paid Joe Flacco a signing bonus of $29 million, and Matthew Stafford received $27.5 million up front as part of an extension from the Detroit Lions. There is little question that Kaepernick could have received a lot more fully guaranteed money from the 49ers. And, obviously, a strong argument can be made that his agent should have insisted upon it.

    But sources told CSNBayArea.com that Kaepernick wanted it this way. Kaepernick, who recorded one of the top Wonderlic intelligence scores of all NFL starting quarterbacks, knew the exact details and ramifications of his contract.

    And while the agent community is panning the performance of his representation in accepting this kind of team-friendly deal, Kaepernick made good on his promises.

    A source with knowledge of Kaepernick’s mindset said the 49ers quarterback wanted his deal to be “flexible so that (the 49ers) could sign other guys.” Kaepernick's contract does not exhaust the 49ers' salary this season and figures to be manageable in future years, too."


    If true...I'm impressed.


    More contract breakdown. This one is fairly in depth.

    http://www.spotrac.com/blog/breaking-do ... nick-deal/

    Jeez...releasing him as early as NEXT YEAR would save the team 7 plus million. LOL.

    No risk at all by 49ers really.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2528
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • The headliner PR numbers are way overblown and overstated. The details reveal peculiar twists. From what I've read so far, I think Kaepernick's agent did a poor job in representing Colin's interests.

    The 49ers extend control of Kaepernick's career thru the option of choosing between retention or termination on a year to year schedule. The contract details reinforce the reported 49er practice of maintaining and amplifying stress on everyone within the organization to perform. A theme consistently favored by that organization as a pillar of their culture.

    I don't see any meaningful long term commitment to Colin Kaepenick. Colin assumes insurance costs and most of the risk including forfeiture of scheduled money for failure to perform. Within a carrot verses stick world, that contract is a big stick for the hands of Trent Baalke and Jeb Yiork. It says a lot about who they are.

    At the very least, more evidence that workplace stress is one of the pillars of 49er culture.

    I suspect Kaepenick has misplaced his trust.

    Which begs the question, where is the union when it is needed?
    User avatar
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3222
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • Jville wrote:The headliner PR numbers are way overblown and overstated. The details reveal peculiar twists. From what I've read so far, I think Kaepernick's agent did a poor job in representing Colin's interests.

    The 49ers extend control of Kaepernick's career thru the option of choosing between retention or termination on a year to year schedule. The contract details reinforce the reported 49er practice of maintaining and amplifying stress on everyone within the organization to perform. A theme consistently favored by that organization as a pillar of their culture.

    I don't see any meaningful long term commitment to Colin Kaepenick. Colin assumes insurance costs and most of the risk including forfeiture of scheduled money for failure to perform. Within a carrot verses stick world, that contract is a big stick for the hands of Trent Baalke and Jeb Yiork. It says a lot about who they are.

    At the very least, more evidence that workplace stress is one of the pillars of 49er culture.

    I suspect Kaepenick has misplaced his trust.

    Which begs the question, where is the union when it is needed?



    http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/tip-hat-kap

    As quoted above....

    "But sources told CSNBayArea.com that Kaepernick wanted it this way. Kaepernick, who recorded one of the top Wonderlic intelligence scores of all NFL starting quarterbacks, knew the exact details and ramifications of his contract.

    And while the agent community is panning the performance of his representation in accepting this kind of team-friendly deal, Kaepernick made good on his promises.

    A source with knowledge of Kaepernick’s mindset said the 49ers quarterback wanted his deal to be “flexible so that (the 49ers) could sign other guys.” Kaepernick's contract does not exhaust the 49ers' salary this season and figures to be manageable in future years, too."


    If Russell Wilson would have done this he'd be a hero. You wouldn't be slamming the agent.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2528
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    If Russell Wilson would have done this he'd be a hero. You wouldn't be slamming the agent.


    I know that as part of the 49er Defense Force, it's your personal goal to equivocate for your side, but would you please stop with the strawman arguments? Unless you have proof that he was saying in another thread, "I hope Russell Wilson takes a series of one-year contracts because I will love him for it," just stick to trying to cogently argue the actual point.
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    User avatar
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3484
    Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm
    Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Jville wrote:The headliner PR numbers are way overblown and overstated. The details reveal peculiar twists. From what I've read so far, I think Kaepernick's agent did a poor job in representing Colin's interests.

    The 49ers extend control of Kaepernick's career thru the option of choosing between retention or termination on a year to year schedule. The contract details reinforce the reported 49er practice of maintaining and amplifying stress on everyone within the organization to perform. A theme consistently favored by that organization as a pillar of their culture.

    I don't see any meaningful long term commitment to Colin Kaepenick. Colin assumes insurance costs and most of the risk including forfeiture of scheduled money for failure to perform. Within a carrot verses stick world, that contract is a big stick for the hands of Trent Baalke and Jeb Yiork. It says a lot about who they are.

    At the very least, more evidence that workplace stress is one of the pillars of 49er culture.

    I suspect Kaepenick has misplaced his trust.

    Which begs the question, where is the union when it is needed?



    http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/tip-hat-kap

    As quoted above....

    "But sources told CSNBayArea.com that Kaepernick wanted it this way. Kaepernick, who recorded one of the top Wonderlic intelligence scores of all NFL starting quarterbacks, knew the exact details and ramifications of his contract.

    And while the agent community is panning the performance of his representation in accepting this kind of team-friendly deal, Kaepernick made good on his promises.

    A source with knowledge of Kaepernick’s mindset said the 49ers quarterback wanted his deal to be “flexible so that (the 49ers) could sign other guys.” Kaepernick's contract does not exhaust the 49ers' salary this season and figures to be manageable in future years, too."


    If Russell Wilson would have done this he'd be a hero. You wouldn't be slamming the agent.


    I've seen the Bay area spin for the locals down there. That doesn't alter my remarks or opinions outside of that sphere of influence .

    Your Russell Wilson assumption is your fabrication.
    User avatar
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3222
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • Smelly McUgly wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    If Russell Wilson would have done this he'd be a hero. You wouldn't be slamming the agent.


    I know that as part of the 49er Defense Force, it's your personal goal to equivocate for your side, but would you please stop with the strawman arguments? Unless you have proof that he was saying in another thread, "I hope Russell Wilson takes a series of one-year contracts because I will love him for it," just stick to trying to cogently argue the actual point.


    ?

    Not sure how that's a straw man.

    He's basically saying the 49ers screwed Kaepernick. He's saying the Agent did a poor job representing his client.

    I'm saying his argument would be completely different had it been Wilson. That's not a straw man. That's an OPINION.

    Kaep INTENTIONALLY asked for his contract to be structured to help the team. That should be commended. Instead peeps just look for more reasons to slam the team and it's practices.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2528
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Jville wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Jville wrote:The headliner PR numbers are way overblown and overstated. The details reveal peculiar twists. From what I've read so far, I think Kaepernick's agent did a poor job in representing Colin's interests.

    The 49ers extend control of Kaepernick's career thru the option of choosing between retention or termination on a year to year schedule. The contract details reinforce the reported 49er practice of maintaining and amplifying stress on everyone within the organization to perform. A theme consistently favored by that organization as a pillar of their culture.

    I don't see any meaningful long term commitment to Colin Kaepenick. Colin assumes insurance costs and most of the risk including forfeiture of scheduled money for failure to perform. Within a carrot verses stick world, that contract is a big stick for the hands of Trent Baalke and Jeb Yiork. It says a lot about who they are.

    At the very least, more evidence that workplace stress is one of the pillars of 49er culture.

    I suspect Kaepenick has misplaced his trust.

    Which begs the question, where is the union when it is needed?



    http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/tip-hat-kap

    As quoted above....

    "But sources told CSNBayArea.com that Kaepernick wanted it this way. Kaepernick, who recorded one of the top Wonderlic intelligence scores of all NFL starting quarterbacks, knew the exact details and ramifications of his contract.

    And while the agent community is panning the performance of his representation in accepting this kind of team-friendly deal, Kaepernick made good on his promises.

    A source with knowledge of Kaepernick’s mindset said the 49ers quarterback wanted his deal to be “flexible so that (the 49ers) could sign other guys.” Kaepernick's contract does not exhaust the 49ers' salary this season and figures to be manageable in future years, too."


    If Russell Wilson would have done this he'd be a hero. You wouldn't be slamming the agent.


    I've seen the Bay area spin for the locals down there. That doesn't alter my remarks or opinions outside of that sphere of influence .

    Your Russell Wilson assumption is your fabrication.


    Really? If Wilson signed a deal this friendly to the Seahawks, what would you say?
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2528
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Smelly McUgly wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    If Russell Wilson would have done this he'd be a hero. You wouldn't be slamming the agent.


    I know that as part of the 49er Defense Force, it's your personal goal to equivocate for your side, but would you please stop with the strawman arguments? Unless you have proof that he was saying in another thread, "I hope Russell Wilson takes a series of one-year contracts because I will love him for it," just stick to trying to cogently argue the actual point.


    ?

    Not sure how that's a straw man.

    He's basically saying the 49ers screwed Kaepernick. He's saying the Agent did a poor job representing his client.

    I'm saying his argument would be completely different had it been Wilson. That's not a straw man. That's an OPINION.

    Kaep INTENTIONALLY asked for his contract to be structured to help the team. That should be commended. Instead peeps just look for more reasons to slam the team and it's practices.


    You're making up a position that he never said and then acting as if he took that position.

    Strawman. Also not helpful to this conversation.
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    User avatar
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3484
    Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm
    Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Jville wrote:The headliner PR numbers are way overblown and overstated. The details reveal peculiar twists. From what I've read so far, I think Kaepernick's agent did a poor job in representing Colin's interests.

    The 49ers extend control of Kaepernick's career thru the option of choosing between retention or termination on a year to year schedule. The contract details reinforce the reported 49er practice of maintaining and amplifying stress on everyone within the organization to perform. A theme consistently favored by that organization as a pillar of their culture.

    I don't see any meaningful long term commitment to Colin Kaepenick. Colin assumes insurance costs and most of the risk including forfeiture of scheduled money for failure to perform. Within a carrot verses stick world, that contract is a big stick for the hands of Trent Baalke and Jeb Yiork. It says a lot about who they are.

    At the very least, more evidence that workplace stress is one of the pillars of 49er culture.

    I suspect Kaepenick has misplaced his trust.

    Which begs the question, where is the union when it is needed?



    http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/tip-hat-kap

    As quoted above....

    "But sources told CSNBayArea.com that Kaepernick wanted it this way. Kaepernick, who recorded one of the top Wonderlic intelligence scores of all NFL starting quarterbacks, knew the exact details and ramifications of his contract.

    And while the agent community is panning the performance of his representation in accepting this kind of team-friendly deal, Kaepernick made good on his promises.

    A source with knowledge of Kaepernick’s mindset said the 49ers quarterback wanted his deal to be “flexible so that (the 49ers) could sign other guys.” Kaepernick's contract does not exhaust the 49ers' salary this season and figures to be manageable in future years, too."


    If Russell Wilson would have done this he'd be a hero. You wouldn't be slamming the agent.


    I've seen the Bay area spin for the locals down there. That doesn't alter my remarks or opinions outside of that sphere of influence .

    Your Russell Wilson assumption is your fabrication.


    Really? If Wilson signed a deal this friendly to the Seahawks, what would you say?
    User avatar
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3222
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Jville wrote:The headliner PR numbers are way overblown and overstated. The details reveal peculiar twists. From what I've read so far, I think Kaepernick's agent did a poor job in representing Colin's interests.

    The 49ers extend control of Kaepernick's career thru the option of choosing between retention or termination on a year to year schedule. The contract details reinforce the reported 49er practice of maintaining and amplifying stress on everyone within the organization to perform. A theme consistently favored by that organization as a pillar of their culture.

    I don't see any meaningful long term commitment to Colin Kaepenick. Colin assumes insurance costs and most of the risk including forfeiture of scheduled money for failure to perform. Within a carrot verses stick world, that contract is a big stick for the hands of Trent Baalke and Jeb Yiork. It says a lot about who they are.

    At the very least, more evidence that workplace stress is one of the pillars of 49er culture.

    I suspect Kaepenick has misplaced his trust.

    Which begs the question, where is the union when it is needed?



    http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/tip-hat-kap

    As quoted above....

    "But sources told CSNBayArea.com that Kaepernick wanted it this way. Kaepernick, who recorded one of the top Wonderlic intelligence scores of all NFL starting quarterbacks, knew the exact details and ramifications of his contract.

    And while the agent community is panning the performance of his representation in accepting this kind of team-friendly deal, Kaepernick made good on his promises.

    A source with knowledge of Kaepernick’s mindset said the 49ers quarterback wanted his deal to be “flexible so that (the 49ers) could sign other guys.” Kaepernick's contract does not exhaust the 49ers' salary this season and figures to be manageable in future years, too."


    If Russell Wilson would have done this he'd be a hero. You wouldn't be slamming the agent.


    I've seen the Bay area spin for the locals down there. That doesn't alter my remarks or opinions outside of that sphere of influence .

    Your Russell Wilson assumption is your fabrication.


    Really? If Wilson signed a deal this friendly to the Seahawks, what would you say?


    What do you think this is ....... a fantasy forum?
    User avatar
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3222
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • Smelly McUgly wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Smelly McUgly wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    If Russell Wilson would have done this he'd be a hero. You wouldn't be slamming the agent.


    I know that as part of the 49er Defense Force, it's your personal goal to equivocate for your side, but would you please stop with the strawman arguments? Unless you have proof that he was saying in another thread, "I hope Russell Wilson takes a series of one-year contracts because I will love him for it," just stick to trying to cogently argue the actual point.


    ?

    Not sure how that's a straw man.

    He's basically saying the 49ers screwed Kaepernick. He's saying the Agent did a poor job representing his client.

    I'm saying his argument would be completely different had it been Wilson. That's not a straw man. That's an OPINION.

    Kaep INTENTIONALLY asked for his contract to be structured to help the team. That should be commended. Instead peeps just look for more reasons to slam the team and it's practices.


    You're making up a position that he never said and then acting as if he took that position.

    Strawman. Also not helpful to this conversation.


    Yes, I'm familiar with what a straw man argument is. I'm subjected to it on a very regular basis on this very website (like say arguing that I talk about the Niners 5 rings all the time...which I don't).

    Stating my opinion that he would have a different view if it were Russell Wilson is not a straw man argument. It is my opinion.

    At no point am I stating that he's made an argument that he hasn't made and arguing with him based on the argument he never made.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2528
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Jville wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

    http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/tip-hat-kap

    As quoted above....

    "But sources told CSNBayArea.com that Kaepernick wanted it this way. Kaepernick, who recorded one of the top Wonderlic intelligence scores of all NFL starting quarterbacks, knew the exact details and ramifications of his contract.

    And while the agent community is panning the performance of his representation in accepting this kind of team-friendly deal, Kaepernick made good on his promises.

    A source with knowledge of Kaepernick’s mindset said the 49ers quarterback wanted his deal to be “flexible so that (the 49ers) could sign other guys.” Kaepernick's contract does not exhaust the 49ers' salary this season and figures to be manageable in future years, too."


    If Russell Wilson would have done this he'd be a hero. You wouldn't be slamming the agent.


    I've seen the Bay area spin for the locals down there. That doesn't alter my remarks or opinions outside of that sphere of influence .

    Your Russell Wilson assumption is your fabrication.


    Really? If Wilson signed a deal this friendly to the Seahawks, what would you say?


    What do you think this is ....... a fantasy forum?


    No, its a simple question about hypocrisy.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2528
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • When Harbaugh's coaching the Dolphins in a year, will Colin demand a trade to his favourite team?
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7926
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    I've seen the Bay area spin for the locals down there. That doesn't alter my remarks or opinions outside of that sphere of influence .

    Your Russell Wilson assumption is your fabrication.


    Really? If Wilson signed a deal this friendly to the Seahawks, what would you say?


    What do you think this is ....... a fantasy forum?


    No, its a simple question about hypocrisy.


    So .... you chose to side tracked this thread with mud slinging. We do have a forum titled [ POLITICS, WAR & RELIGION FORUM ] specificallly for that activity.

    Your certainly way off topic here.
    User avatar
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3222
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:Stating my opinion that he would have a different view if it were Russell Wilson is not a straw man argument. It is my opinion.

    At no point am I stating that he's made an argument that he hasn't made and arguing with him based on the argument he never made.


    Your clear implication is that he's all for a team-friendly deal for Russell Wilson, and you are attacking him for being hypocritical about this, so...yeah.

    This conversation sucks. Blah. The point is that you should stick to what people are actually saying instead of making terrible assumptions or pretending that someone is holding a position that they don't hold.
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    User avatar
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3484
    Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm
    Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest


  • Jville wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Really? If Wilson signed a deal this friendly to the Seahawks, what would you say?


    What do you think this is ....... a fantasy forum?


    No, its a simple question about hypocrisy.


    So .... you chose to side tracked this thread with mud slinging. We do have a forum titled [ POLITICS, WAR & RELIGION FORUM ] specificallly for that activity.

    Your certainly way off topic here.


    Dude.

    I asked you a simple question that you don't want to answer. That isn't mud-slinging.

    Let me try it again.

    If Wilson signed the exact same contract, would you say Wilson or his agents are idiots or would you say that Wilson is a hero who took less to help the team?
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2528
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Smelly McUgly wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:Stating my opinion that he would have a different view if it were Russell Wilson is not a straw man argument. It is my opinion.

    At no point am I stating that he's made an argument that he hasn't made and arguing with him based on the argument he never made.


    Your clear implication is that he's all for a team-friendly deal for Russell Wilson, and you are attacking him for being hypocritical about this, so...yeah.

    This conversation sucks. Blah. The point is that you should stick to what people are actually saying instead of making terrible assumptions or pretending that someone is holding a position that they don't hold.


    Sigh. I'm not pretending anything. In fact I'm asking him directly and he won't answer the question.

    Its pertinent to the conversation if he chooses to attack Kaep, his agents, or the 49ers organization.

    What I'm asking is not out of bounds. If you think it is, you need a far thicker skin.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2528
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Marvin, any time you spend here trying to convince these guys that Kaepernick and Harbaugh aren't Hitler and Stalin themselves is falling on deaf ears. They don't want to hear it or believe it. They will constantly feed themselves lies or misrepresentations that supports their agenda, never mind any weight given to having an impartial view on things. Can it be that both the 49ers and Seahawks are run by great coaches and great people? That both Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick are great promising quarterbacks and good people? No because, the majority of people here aren't just satisfied with winning, they thirst to find happiness in other peoples misfortune or a construed sense that XYZ isn't as successful as them. They work their lousy jobs and come on here to feed off of "49er trolls" like its their god given obligation. Even so much, that they falsely accuse anyone not sharing their view point as a troll for the rival teams. You don't agree with me? F you, you are a 49ers troll. They get satisfaction out of being so disconnected from reality that I suspect is just a shield to replace something missing in their own life.
    JZ#1
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 193
    Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:33 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    What do you think this is ....... a fantasy forum?


    No, its a simple question about hypocrisy.


    So .... you chose to side tracked this thread with mud slinging. We do have a forum titled [ POLITICS, WAR & RELIGION FORUM ] specificallly for that activity.

    Your certainly way off topic here.


    Dude.

    I asked you a simple question that you don't want to answer. That isn't mud-slinging.

    Let me try it again.

    If Wilson signed the exact same contract, would you say Wilson or his agents are idiots or would you say that Wilson is a hero who took less to help the team?


    Dude

    Will not happen.

    Different Culture. Different Program.

    Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks will make a stronger mutual commitment than that.
    User avatar
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3222
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • Kaepernick's deal is basically just a 3 year deal with four "team option" years tacked on the end. Like Baldwin Kaepernick's deal is taking advantage of the one cheap year he had left, which coupled with backloading the deal means his first three seasons only pay him a combined $43 million, less than $15 million per year.

    After that, he gets paid $21 million or more each season, but with very little guaranteed money. SF could cut him after those affordable first three seasons and would only eat $4.9 million in dead money (barring injury).

    Looking at this deal, I'm not saying it's a bad deal for Kaepernick, but it strikes me as him taking less "real" money for a bigger contract number. Similar to Revis in his dealings. Not to disparage Kaep, but that strikes me as an ego motivated move.

    Edit: Kaep's original contract had him making about $900k in 2014. So when you subtract the $1 million he'd make from the $43 million over the first three years it works out to $21 million a year for two years plus the cheap year. So basically, this deal is the same as Kaepernick making $21 million a year every year plus the one cheap year in 2014.

    Sourdough #49 wrote:Source on the wife veto? I have not read that anywhere and I try to read any and all articles pertaining to the Niners.


    That particular detail was speculated by Mike Florio, who was the person that originally broke the story in February. Whether that detail is true or not, Cleveland admitted to the trade attempt and after initially denying them, the 49ers later admitted that talks did happen.
    Last edited by kearly on Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 10263
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Front7vLOB wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:LOL, it never changes with you.... Defend, deflect, repeat...... defend, deflect, repeat.... SMH.

    Refer to my post in between yours and this one and tell me where the logic is wrong, or how Marvin is wrong when he says you guys would gladly take this deal with RW.

    Look, Marvin has a new tag team partner! Neato! :34853_doh:



    They can just sit there, pretending to actually matter when really nothing they say or do will mean a thing here.

    I am just waiting for one more of Marvin's "That is fair, I can't argue with that" as if his role is to just come here and argue opinion.

    Look Niner fans, you have a mental FREAK at QB, that guy is going to pop any damn game now, Bowman is injured, Smith is going to miss some time, Cowboy is old, the Oline is pissed, Davis is missing work and the secondary is average at best. Roman could call his way out of a paper bag and Harbaugh still looks over his head because he is scared that Ditka will jump out and scream at him for calling an audible.

    No one REALLY cares about the Kaepertract. It is slow here so there is some commentary, but please.. spare us the red-carpet topic crap.

    :49ersmall:
    Eh... Whatever...
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5253
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


  • loafoftatupu wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Front7vLOB wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:LOL, it never changes with you.... Defend, deflect, repeat...... defend, deflect, repeat.... SMH.

    Refer to my post in between yours and this one and tell me where the logic is wrong, or how Marvin is wrong when he says you guys would gladly take this deal with RW.

    Look, Marvin has a new tag team partner! Neato! :34853_doh:



    They can just sit there, pretending to actually matter when really nothing they say or do will mean a thing here.

    I am just waiting for one more of Marvin's "That is fair, I can't argue with that" as if his role is to just come here and argue opinion.

    Look Niner fans, you have a mental FREAK at QB, that guy is going to pop any damn game now, Bowman is injured, Smith is going to miss some time, Cowboy is old, the Oline is pissed, Davis is missing work and the secondary is average at best. Roman could call his way out of a paper bag and Harbaugh still looks over his head because he is scared that Ditka will jump out and scream at him for calling an audible.

    No one REALLY cares about the Kaepertract. It is slow here so there is some commentary, but please.. spare us the red-carpet topic crap.

    :49ersmall:


    Image

    You in real life
    JZ#1
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 193
    Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:33 pm


  • Loaf a fine ass woman who loves the seahawks?
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 18785
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


  • JZ#1 wrote:Marvin, any time you spend here trying to convince these guys that Kaepernick and Harbaugh aren't Hitler and Stalin themselves is falling on deaf ears. They don't want to hear it or believe it. They will constantly feed themselves lies or misrepresentations that supports their agenda, never mind any weight given to having an impartial view on things. Can it be that both the 49ers and Seahawks are run by great coaches and great people? That both Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick are great promising quarterbacks and good people? No because, the majority of people here aren't just satisfied with winning, they thirst to find happiness in other peoples misfortune or a construed sense that XYZ isn't as successful as them. They work their lousy jobs and come on here to feed off of "49er trolls" like its their god given obligation. Even so much, that they falsely accuse anyone not sharing their view point as a troll for the rival teams. You don't agree with me? F you, you are a 49ers troll. They get satisfaction out of being so disconnected from reality that I suspect is just a shield to replace something missing in their own life.


    We get it, you're a 49er fan. Move on.
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    User avatar
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3484
    Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm
    Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest


  • Marvin49 wrote:http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/tip-hat-kap

    As quoted above....

    "But sources told CSNBayArea.com that Kaepernick wanted it this way. Kaepernick, who recorded one of the top Wonderlic intelligence scores of all NFL starting quarterbacks, knew the exact details and ramifications of his contract.

    And while the agent community is panning the performance of his representation in accepting this kind of team-friendly deal, Kaepernick made good on his promises.

    A source with knowledge of Kaepernick’s mindset said the 49ers quarterback wanted his deal to be “flexible so that (the 49ers) could sign other guys.” Kaepernick's contract does not exhaust the 49ers' salary this season and figures to be manageable in future years, too."


    If Russell Wilson would have done this he'd be a hero. You wouldn't be slamming the agent.


    Now hang on a minute. I can buy that Kaepernick wanted a deal that would help the 49ers retain some of their key players and I can buy that he knew some aspects of his contract, but I have a hard time accepting Maiocco's assertion that Kaepernick knew the "exact details and ramifications of his contract." But even if he did, that doesn't mean that his agent did a good job of representing his interests. There are some aspects of this contract that aren't just team-friendly, they are downright player-UNfriendly.

    For example, the guarantees in this contract convert from injury-only to full guarantees on April 1 of each contract year. This means the team can squat on his rights for the first few weeks of the free agency period, weigh their options, and potentially dump him three weeks into free agency long after all of the big money contracts have been signed. Why not have the guarantees become full on the first day of the league year? To cite another example, the de-escalators in the contract are only stopped if he plays 80% of the snaps and either wins a Super Bowl or is 1st- or 2nd-team All Pro. So Kaepernick could have a Pro Bowl season, lead his team to the NFC Championship game, and lose $2 million. As has been stated in this thread, making the All-Pro roster is tough. Why not tie it into making the Pro Bowl instead?

    Even if Colin Kaepernick did know all of the details of this contract--which, again, I doubt--his agent's job is to look out for his interests, not the team's interests. And it's possible to sign a team-friendly deal without giving up so much in the process. You can argue that Kaepernick wanted to help out his team and still argue that his agent didn't do a very good job representing him; the two are not mutually exclusive.
    User avatar
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 1140
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:05 am


  • Smelly McUgly wrote:
    JZ#1 wrote:Marvin, any time you spend here trying to convince these guys that Kaepernick and Harbaugh aren't Hitler and Stalin themselves is falling on deaf ears. They don't want to hear it or believe it. They will constantly feed themselves lies or misrepresentations that supports their agenda, never mind any weight given to having an impartial view on things. Can it be that both the 49ers and Seahawks are run by great coaches and great people? That both Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick are great promising quarterbacks and good people? No because, the majority of people here aren't just satisfied with winning, they thirst to find happiness in other peoples misfortune or a construed sense that XYZ isn't as successful as them. They work their lousy jobs and come on here to feed off of "49er trolls" like its their god given obligation. Even so much, that they falsely accuse anyone not sharing their view point as a troll for the rival teams. You don't agree with me? F you, you are a 49ers troll. They get satisfaction out of being so disconnected from reality that I suspect is just a shield to replace something missing in their own life.


    We get it, you're a 49er fan. Move on.


    You are missing the point and you are wrong
    JZ#1
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 193
    Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:33 pm


  • JZ#1 wrote:
    Smelly McUgly wrote:
    JZ#1 wrote:Marvin, any time you spend here trying to convince these guys that Kaepernick and Harbaugh aren't Hitler and Stalin themselves is falling on deaf ears. They don't want to hear it or believe it. They will constantly feed themselves lies or misrepresentations that supports their agenda, never mind any weight given to having an impartial view on things. Can it be that both the 49ers and Seahawks are run by great coaches and great people? That both Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick are great promising quarterbacks and good people? No because, the majority of people here aren't just satisfied with winning, they thirst to find happiness in other peoples misfortune or a construed sense that XYZ isn't as successful as them. They work their lousy jobs and come on here to feed off of "49er trolls" like its their god given obligation. Even so much, that they falsely accuse anyone not sharing their view point as a troll for the rival teams. You don't agree with me? F you, you are a 49ers troll. They get satisfaction out of being so disconnected from reality that I suspect is just a shield to replace something missing in their own life.


    We get it, you're a 49er fan. Move on.


    You are missing the point and you are wrong


    I get the point. You are whining about being exposed for being a 49er fan by Hernia and Lofa by trolling them and other Seahawk fans about how they are unreasonable because their lives suck even though this very thread shows examples of Seahawk fans being reasonable about this deal.

    You are so desperate to stay "undercover" that you posted a modified version of someone's, maybe your, birth certificate. What a depressing life you have. So desperate to troll that you go around posting birth certificates on internet message boads.

    Just admit that you're a 49er fan. Marvin still comes here and prattles on even after the abuse. Hell, there's a whole 49er Defense Force here and out in the open because the folks that run this board want to create a space for you to come in and talk.

    Instead, you're shook over being called out on a message board. Look inside yourself - you're a grown man that is shook because you got found out about going undercover as a "Seahawks fan" on a message board. Hasn't your life gone wrong somewhere? There is still time to turn things around!
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    User avatar
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3484
    Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm
    Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest


  • I don't see how his signing helps the team resign players anymore than a normal signing. What am I missing. The only thing about this signing is the unusual descalators, having to pay for injury protection for the niners organization, and 4 years worth of you can cut me options. All those things are good for the organization after he is gone not while he is there. I have to say I feel sorry for the guy, it looks like his agent did a poor job of getting him guaranteed money and structuring it so it helps him win while he is with the team.
    "If we lose ... this place will be a Carnival of Stupidity." FlyingGreg
    Fudwamper
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 805
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:06 am


  • Could it be that the 49ers wanted to pay him less and he was the one who pushed for more and added the incentives through the negotiations? They could have said we will not pay you more than X and he countered with ok, but if I do Y then I will get these bonuses? Total speculation, but that could be a possibility. He seems to be a pretty confident person and no one will believe in you more than you ever will.
    User avatar
    Mike 4G
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 29
    Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 1:17 pm


  • Fudwamper wrote:I don't see how his signing helps the team resign players anymore than a normal signing. What am I missing. The only thing about this signing is the unusual descalators, having to pay for injury protection for the niners organization, and 4 years worth of you can cut me options. All those things are good for the organization after he is gone not while he is there. I have to say I feel sorry for the guy, it looks like his agent did a poor job of getting him guaranteed money and structuring it so it helps him win while he is with the team.


    Yeah, basically, if he sucks they can get out of the contract which is good for them but then they would be left in the position of having to find another QB which would suck for them.

    If he does well then they would keep him and his contract would be expensive of course.

    Marvin do you have a problem with those two statements?
    User avatar
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *
     
    Posts: 1030
    Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:48 am


  • Kaep got taken as far as how the contract was set up, the 49ers did a great job in protecting themselves, long contract lots of outs, lower salary, Kaep has to basically insure himself for the 49ers, incentives that will be hard to acheive.

    Go back and see how Daunte Culpepper faired being a big mobile QB, or Randall Cunningham, injury can happen to ANYONE.

    As far as what Kaep wanted, I'm sure his initial statement was correct he and most players want to be able to sign their own players and FA to help the team. But much like his post game loss interviews he would never admit it if he was taken advantage of or his agent.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9720
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • bigtrain21 wrote:
    Fudwamper wrote:I don't see how his signing helps the team resign players anymore than a normal signing. What am I missing. The only thing about this signing is the unusual descalators, having to pay for injury protection for the niners organization, and 4 years worth of you can cut me options. All those things are good for the organization after he is gone not while he is there. I have to say I feel sorry for the guy, it looks like his agent did a poor job of getting him guaranteed money and structuring it so it helps him win while he is with the team.


    Yeah, basically, if he sucks they can get out of the contract which is good for them but then they would be left in the position of having to find another QB which would suck for them.

    If he does well then they would keep him and his contract would be expensive of course.

    Marvin do you have a problem with those two statements?

    First of all, I agree and disagree...

    Yes, there was a way the 49ers and Kap could have structured a deal that would guarantee more money, yet keep the $ figures relatively low to allow resignings/extensions of other players. So, in that sense, you are both correct.

    However, Kap is looking at a 3 year $45m deal. Everything else in the contract is conditional, optional, etc.

    Think about that for a second. The 49ers got a top 10 QB in this league for only $15m a year. That is incredible, and it undoubtedly saves up to $5m a year considering most NFL analysts and fans expected Kap to sign a $20m-$22m deal (not saying people think/thought he deserved that, just saying that was what people thought the market dictated).

    So, in the end, I do mostly have a problem with those two statements.

    49ers have an extra $5m to throw around at other players. That's a lot of money. And when you consider that Gore's $6m annual salary is off the books next year, that's $11m free to spend on extensions.

    The 49ers could not have asked for a better deal. Literally couldn't.

    Have a problem with my statement?
    Front7vLOB
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 75
    Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:57 pm


  • Shadowhawk wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/tip-hat-kap

    As quoted above....

    "But sources told CSNBayArea.com that Kaepernick wanted it this way. Kaepernick, who recorded one of the top Wonderlic intelligence scores of all NFL starting quarterbacks, knew the exact details and ramifications of his contract.

    And while the agent community is panning the performance of his representation in accepting this kind of team-friendly deal, Kaepernick made good on his promises.

    A source with knowledge of Kaepernick’s mindset said the 49ers quarterback wanted his deal to be “flexible so that (the 49ers) could sign other guys.” Kaepernick's contract does not exhaust the 49ers' salary this season and figures to be manageable in future years, too."


    If Russell Wilson would have done this he'd be a hero. You wouldn't be slamming the agent.


    Now hang on a minute. I can buy that Kaepernick wanted a deal that would help the 49ers retain some of their key players and I can buy that he knew some aspects of his contract, but I have a hard time accepting Maiocco's assertion that Kaepernick knew the "exact details and ramifications of his contract." But even if he did, that doesn't mean that his agent did a good job of representing his interests. There are some aspects of this contract that aren't just team-friendly, they are downright player-UNfriendly.

    For example, the guarantees in this contract convert from injury-only to full guarantees on April 1 of each contract year. This means the team can squat on his rights for the first few weeks of the free agency period, weigh their options, and potentially dump him three weeks into free agency long after all of the big money contracts have been signed. Why not have the guarantees become full on the first day of the league year? To cite another example, the de-escalators in the contract are only stopped if he plays 80% of the snaps and either wins a Super Bowl or is 1st- or 2nd-team All Pro. So Kaepernick could have a Pro Bowl season, lead his team to the NFC Championship game, and lose $2 million. As has been stated in this thread, making the All-Pro roster is tough. Why not tie it into making the Pro Bowl instead?

    Even if Colin Kaepernick did know all of the details of this contract--which, again, I doubt--his agent's job is to look out for his interests, not the team's interests. And it's possible to sign a team-friendly deal without giving up so much in the process. You can argue that Kaepernick wanted to help out his team and still argue that his agent didn't do a very good job representing him; the two are not mutually exclusive.


    There is no way Kap signed a contract without knowing all of the terms and conditions in the contract. No fricking way. This dude probably has his own private attorneys and accountants, outside of his agents, who read the contract and offered their own opinions/representations..

    Also, you are forgetting this is the NFL.

    Let's play your hypothetical. Let's say, after the first 3 years, and after earning his $43m (that's pretty much what his contract is), the 49ers made it and lost in the NFCCG to the Seahawks in each of those 3 years. Let's also say Kap was voted to the Pro Bowl in each of those three years. Kap can hold out and demand a new new contract. And, if Kap truly performed well enough to earn Pro Bowl recognition and have playoff success, the 49ers would be compelled to restructure his deal.

    All this contract did was by the 49ers and Kap 3 more years. Some will argue it's because the 49ers don't know what they have in Kap and are unwilling to risk a good chunk of their cap space on an unproven talent. Others can argue it is because the 49ers and Kap want to win a Super Bowl as soon as possible, and the likelihood of that happening is within this 3 year period. If the 49ers win the SB, then they will reward Kap and hope he is a dominant enough QB to carry a team back to the SB, rather than relying on a talented, well-rounded supporting cast.
    Front7vLOB
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 75
    Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:57 pm


  • It's a good deal for the Noners, and a good deal for Kaep if he wins some Bowls and gets into that Loot pile after the first 2 years.

    I don't think Baalke is the drafting genius the Santa Clara fans do, but has been pretty good at keeping a team loaded with first round egos under the cap. That is not easy. Props.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 10538
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


  • JZ#1 wrote:
    Image

    You in real life


    Response is in the Shack.
    Eh... Whatever...
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5253
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


  • Front7vLOB wrote:
    bigtrain21 wrote:
    Fudwamper wrote:I don't see how his signing helps the team resign players anymore than a normal signing. What am I missing. The only thing about this signing is the unusual descalators, having to pay for injury protection for the niners organization, and 4 years worth of you can cut me options. All those things are good for the organization after he is gone not while he is there. I have to say I feel sorry for the guy, it looks like his agent did a poor job of getting him guaranteed money and structuring it so it helps him win while he is with the team.


    Yeah, basically, if he sucks they can get out of the contract which is good for them but then they would be left in the position of having to find another QB which would suck for them.

    If he does well then they would keep him and his contract would be expensive of course.

    Marvin do you have a problem with those two statements?

    First of all, I agree and disagree...

    Yes, there was a way the 49ers and Kap could have structured a deal that would guarantee more money, yet keep the $ figures relatively low to allow resignings/extensions of other players. So, in that sense, you are both correct.

    However, Kap is looking at a 3 year $45m deal. Everything else in the contract is conditional, optional, etc.

    Think about that for a second. The 49ers got a top 10 QB in this league for only $15m a year. That is incredible, and it undoubtedly saves up to $5m a year considering most NFL analysts and fans expected Kap to sign a $20m-$22m deal (not saying people think/thought he deserved that, just saying that was what people thought the market dictated).

    So, in the end, I do mostly have a problem with those two statements.

    49ers have an extra $5m to throw around at other players. That's a lot of money. And when you consider that Gore's $6m annual salary is off the books next year, that's $11m free to spend on extensions.

    The 49ers could not have asked for a better deal. Literally couldn't.

    Have a problem with my statement?


    First off, let me be clear that I am not criticizing the deal, but I think you are confusing why the deal is team friendly. He has the 10th highest cap hit in 2015 out of any QB so it's not like he is dirt cheap. His cap hit in 2015 is over 17 million and in 2016 it is over 18 million. In 2017 it jumps to 21 million. You want to say 3 year deal because it includes this year which is lower at under 4. However, that is still a significant raise. He was scheduled to make one million this year. If the 49ers wanted to consider it a 3 year deal they could have let him play this year and franchised him the next 2 and been better off. He is getting paid higher than Aaron Rodgers in 2016 and beyond.

    The reason it's a good contract for the 49ers is the flexibility to dump him after any season. Money wise, it's about right.
    User avatar
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *
     
    Posts: 1030
    Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:48 am


  • rideaducati wrote:
    Front7vLOB wrote:
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 53s

    Since Colin Kaepernick’s 1st start in 2012, he’s 3rd-highest rated QB w/ total QBR of 69.6, trailing only Manning (83.3) and Rodgers (71.3).


    He should thank Trent Dilhole for coming up with a rating system for QB's that emphasizes running so much.


    And yet by DVOA Kaepernick is 7th in passing and 19th in rushing. (for DYAR he is 8th and 7th respectfully)

    Hmmm....


    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

    Seems Total QBR tends to correlate pretty well with most other total passing statistics. Can't understand why people hate it so much, other than the lack of specific information.



    Scottemojo wrote:We don't. But QBR is supposed to weight clutch performance in the 4th qtr. In a game where he blew chunks in the 4th, QBR rewards him for running yards in the first half.

    I only pulled that one example because it shows how QBR sucks, but I can top that.

    In Colins first three NFL appearances, he was 1 for 2 passing with 7 yards. In those 3 games he also had 10 runs for 63 yards and 2 TDs. His QBR in each game is 100. QBR is a joke.


    In the playoff game, up until the fourth quarter his QBR was probably near 100 (and rightfully so: he was literally THE ONLY reason the 49ers were even in the game). He threw the game losing pick, but without him this would have been a Seattle blow out. It seems reasonable that a metric would show that in the final analysis.
    User avatar
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 380
    Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:38 am


  • Front7vLOB wrote:
    bigtrain21 wrote:
    Fudwamper wrote:I don't see how his signing helps the team resign players anymore than a normal signing. What am I missing. The only thing about this signing is the unusual descalators, having to pay for injury protection for the niners organization, and 4 years worth of you can cut me options. All those things are good for the organization after he is gone not while he is there. I have to say I feel sorry for the guy, it looks like his agent did a poor job of getting him guaranteed money and structuring it so it helps him win while he is with the team.


    Yeah, basically, if he sucks they can get out of the contract which is good for them but then they would be left in the position of having to find another QB which would suck for them.

    If he does well then they would keep him and his contract would be expensive of course.

    Marvin do you have a problem with those two statements?

    First of all, I agree and disagree...

    Yes, there was a way the 49ers and Kap could have structured a deal that would guarantee more money, yet keep the $ figures relatively low to allow resignings/extensions of other players. So, in that sense, you are both correct.

    However, Kap is looking at a 3 year $45m deal. Everything else in the contract is conditional, optional, etc.

    Think about that for a second. The 49ers got a top 10 QB in this league for only $15m a year. That is incredible, and it undoubtedly saves up to $5m a year considering most NFL analysts and fans expected Kap to sign a $20m-$22m deal (not saying people think/thought he deserved that, just saying that was what people thought the market dictated).

    So, in the end, I do mostly have a problem with those two statements.

    49ers have an extra $5m to throw around at other players. That's a lot of money. And when you consider that Gore's $6m annual salary is off the books next year, that's $11m free to spend on extensions.

    The 49ers could not have asked for a better deal. Literally couldn't.

    Have a problem with my statement?



    That is what I am talking about. This deal is NOT 3 years 45 for Kap its 3 years 45 for the 49ers. The team has all the levearge. Again I feel bad for Kap this deal is all in favor of the 9ers and none for him. His agent did a bad job.
    "If we lose ... this place will be a Carnival of Stupidity." FlyingGreg
    Fudwamper
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 805
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:06 am


  • Who give a rats a** if he had a good QB rating going into the 4th Quarter? He choked, yet again, just like he did in the Superbowl. Some guys are clutch, some are not, period.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2619
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Fudwamper wrote:I don't see how his signing helps the team resign players anymore than a normal signing. What am I missing. The only thing about this signing is the unusual descalators, having to pay for injury protection for the niners organization, and 4 years worth of you can cut me options. All those things are good for the organization after he is gone not while he is there. I have to say I feel sorry for the guy, it looks like his agent did a poor job of getting him guaranteed money and structuring it so it helps him win while he is with the team.


    A couple things....

    1) He actually lowered his first year terms and took a small signing bonus which results in him only counting about 3 mil toward the cap this year which makes it easier to try to sign guys like Crabtree, Iupati, Boone, etc.

    2) If he doesn't hit those De-escalators, even though its still a lot of money, its actually a below market deal. That makes it easier to resign players and also is banking on himself to either become an all-pro or win a SB.

    3) He locked himself up for seven full years at a bit below market rate NOW. If the cap expands as expected and he pans out, in years 4, 5, and 6 he'll be grossly underpaid.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2528
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • JZ#1 wrote:Marvin, any time you spend here trying to convince these guys that Kaepernick and Harbaugh aren't Hitler and Stalin themselves is falling on deaf ears. They don't want to hear it or believe it. They will constantly feed themselves lies or misrepresentations that supports their agenda, never mind any weight given to having an impartial view on things. Can it be that both the 49ers and Seahawks are run by great coaches and great people? That both Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick are great promising quarterbacks and good people? No because, the majority of people here aren't just satisfied with winning, they thirst to find happiness in other peoples misfortune or a construed sense that XYZ isn't as successful as them. They work their lousy jobs and come on here to feed off of "49er trolls" like its their god given obligation. Even so much, that they falsely accuse anyone not sharing their view point as a troll for the rival teams. You don't agree with me? F you, you are a 49ers troll. They get satisfaction out of being so disconnected from reality that I suspect is just a shield to replace something missing in their own life.


    LOL.

    I know. I just like pointing it out even though most of them would never admit it.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2528
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Just like how you can't admit that Krapsondick makes you nervous as a Niner fan, at least when it counts in the big games.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2619
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Jville wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    No, its a simple question about hypocrisy.


    So .... you chose to side tracked this thread with mud slinging. We do have a forum titled [ POLITICS, WAR & RELIGION FORUM ] specificallly for that activity.

    Your certainly way off topic here.


    Dude.

    I asked you a simple question that you don't want to answer. That isn't mud-slinging.

    Let me try it again.

    If Wilson signed the exact same contract, would you say Wilson or his agents are idiots or would you say that Wilson is a hero who took less to help the team?


    Dude

    Will not happen.

    Different Culture. Different Program.

    Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks will make a stronger mutual commitment than that.


    LOL.

    Dodge.

    I get it. You won't answer the question. The 49ers are an evil organization who intend to screw their players. The Seahawks FO and QB walk on water and are pictures of all we want people to be.

    Yes, the above is hyperbole. My point is that you view everything through a lens that prevents you from seeing anything clearly in this conversation.

    I've read for months that there are people here who think that Wilson will sign a team friendly deal to help the team. He very well might and appears to be just the sort of individual who might do that.

    However, when a player you don't like (and I say you in general, not JUST you) on another team does exactly what they hope Wilson would do, the response here is that the 49ers screwed him, his agent is an idiot, and he clearly didn't know what he was signing. That's the response regardless of the fact that he stated several months ago that he wanted to sign a team friendly deal, despite the fact that he stated it again in his press conference and when asked how it was team friendly sited the structure specifically, and despite the fact the sources are reporting this was what he wanted.

    Instead, all we see here is "that's just 49ers spin".

    I know its hard to imagine, but most 49ers players enjoy being 49ers. They like it here. I know that doesn't fit your narrative, but its true.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2528
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Just like how you can't admit that Krapsondick makes you nervous as a Niner fan, at least when it counts in the big games.


    ...because that has something to do with the conversation. LOL. :D

    He's 4-2 in the playoffs. I think that counts as "big games". He's 3-0 on the road in the playoffs. Montana only ever won once. Young never did.

    His first playoff loss came in the SB where he put up his first 300 yard game an scored more points than any team had ever scored and lost the game...in his 10th NFL start. That loss was on the defense.

    His second loss was to Seattle IN Seattle in one of the best knock down drag out fights I've ever seen against the best secondary in the NFL...and was still in it right there at the end before a great play was made by Richard Sherman.


    So no, he doesn't make me nervous.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2528
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Well, he should make you nervous. But hey, he's your quarterback, I totally get that you're gonna' have his back. I guess I just can't imagine the Hawks w/a guy like that. And we'd be right where the Niners are, wondering what the hell happened, and why we don't have a title w/this quarterback.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2619
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Fudwamper wrote:I don't see how his signing helps the team resign players anymore than a normal signing. What am I missing. The only thing about this signing is the unusual descalators, having to pay for injury protection for the niners organization, and 4 years worth of you can cut me options. All those things are good for the organization after he is gone not while he is there. I have to say I feel sorry for the guy, it looks like his agent did a poor job of getting him guaranteed money and structuring it so it helps him win while he is with the team.


    A couple things....

    1) He actually lowered his first year terms and took a small signing bonus which results in him only counting about 3 mil toward the cap this year which makes it easier to try to sign guys like Crabtree, Iupati, Boone, etc.

    2) If he doesn't hit those De-escalators, even though its still a lot of money, its actually a below market deal. That makes it easier to resign players and also is banking on himself to either become an all-pro or win a SB.

    3) He locked himself up for seven full years at a bit below market rate NOW. If the cap expands as expected and he pans out, in years 4, 5, and 6 he'll be grossly underpaid.


    You do realize that nothing you wrote really answered any question.

    He could have signed a normal/standard contract with good guaranteed money and base salary and had the same cap hit/take. I don't think he signed below market, I think he got market money but he just signed a really dumb contract. Again he did not lock himself up at all. He has 3 years with 4 years of we can hatchet your contract at anytime. He is at the whim of the organization. Like I posted above bad contract by his agent. Did his customer no good. I feel sorry for Kap.
    "If we lose ... this place will be a Carnival of Stupidity." FlyingGreg
    Fudwamper
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 805
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:06 am


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    JZ#1 wrote:Marvin, any time you spend here trying to convince these guys that Kaepernick and Harbaugh aren't Hitler and Stalin themselves is falling on deaf ears. They don't want to hear it or believe it. They will constantly feed themselves lies or misrepresentations that supports their agenda, never mind any weight given to having an impartial view on things. Can it be that both the 49ers and Seahawks are run by great coaches and great people? That both Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick are great promising quarterbacks and good people? No because, the majority of people here aren't just satisfied with winning, they thirst to find happiness in other peoples misfortune or a construed sense that XYZ isn't as successful as them. They work their lousy jobs and come on here to feed off of "49er trolls" like its their god given obligation. Even so much, that they falsely accuse anyone not sharing their view point as a troll for the rival teams. You don't agree with me? F you, you are a 49ers troll. They get satisfaction out of being so disconnected from reality that I suspect is just a shield to replace something missing in their own life.


    LOL.

    I know. I just like pointing it out even though most of them would never admit it.


    Hey Marvin.. go ahead and keep playing along with your imaginary friend. I can assure you that your stay is as comfortable.

    You have nothing to really point out here because you have worn out the readability of your material. All your posts remind me of an audio book titled "Building the Ford Big Block" that was narrated by Stephen Hawking.
    Eh... Whatever...
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5253
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


  • Fudwamper wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Fudwamper wrote:I don't see how his signing helps the team resign players anymore than a normal signing. What am I missing. The only thing about this signing is the unusual descalators, having to pay for injury protection for the niners organization, and 4 years worth of you can cut me options. All those things are good for the organization after he is gone not while he is there. I have to say I feel sorry for the guy, it looks like his agent did a poor job of getting him guaranteed money and structuring it so it helps him win while he is with the team.


    A couple things....

    1) He actually lowered his first year terms and took a small signing bonus which results in him only counting about 3 mil toward the cap this year which makes it easier to try to sign guys like Crabtree, Iupati, Boone, etc.

    2) If he doesn't hit those De-escalators, even though its still a lot of money, its actually a below market deal. That makes it easier to resign players and also is banking on himself to either become an all-pro or win a SB.

    3) He locked himself up for seven full years at a bit below market rate NOW. If the cap expands as expected and he pans out, in years 4, 5, and 6 he'll be grossly underpaid.


    You do realize that nothing you wrote really answered any question.

    He could have signed a normal/standard contract with good guaranteed money and base salary and had the same cap hit/take. I don't think he signed below market, I think he got market money but he just signed a really dumb contract. Again he did not lock himself up at all. He has 3 years with 4 years of we can hatchet your contract at anytime. He is at the whim of the organization. Like I posted above bad contract by his agent. Did his customer no good. I feel sorry for Kap.


    LOL.

    Well, the 49ers and Colin Kaepernick disagree with you. Its all good tho.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2528
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • loafoftatupu wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    JZ#1 wrote:Marvin, any time you spend here trying to convince these guys that Kaepernick and Harbaugh aren't Hitler and Stalin themselves is falling on deaf ears. They don't want to hear it or believe it. They will constantly feed themselves lies or misrepresentations that supports their agenda, never mind any weight given to having an impartial view on things. Can it be that both the 49ers and Seahawks are run by great coaches and great people? That both Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick are great promising quarterbacks and good people? No because, the majority of people here aren't just satisfied with winning, they thirst to find happiness in other peoples misfortune or a construed sense that XYZ isn't as successful as them. They work their lousy jobs and come on here to feed off of "49er trolls" like its their god given obligation. Even so much, that they falsely accuse anyone not sharing their view point as a troll for the rival teams. You don't agree with me? F you, you are a 49ers troll. They get satisfaction out of being so disconnected from reality that I suspect is just a shield to replace something missing in their own life.


    LOL.

    I know. I just like pointing it out even though most of them would never admit it.


    Hey Marvin.. go ahead and keep playing along with your imaginary friend. I can assure you that your stay is as comfortable.

    You have nothing to really point out here because you have worn out the readability of your material. All your posts remind me of an audio book titled "Building the Ford Big Block" that was narrated by Stephen Hawking.


    If you say so Loaf.

    I have no idea if he's a Niner fan or a Seahawk fan....all I know is what he said is 100% true.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2528
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


PreviousNext


It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:50 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online