Colin kaepernick gets contract extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
Through 2020 worth up to 126 million, 61m guaranteed. Top 10 among contracts, most guaranteed money among all QBs

rlkats

Reaction score
Man if he got that think what Wilson will deserve. Good God. Can we say PAY DAY

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Colin Kaepernick was an unknown commodity two seasons ago, a backup quarterback behind a division champion starter. Now Kaepernick is a true franchise quarterback, with the contract to prove it.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports that Kaepernick and the San Francisco 49ers have agreed to terms on a six-year mega extension through 2020 that will pay the signal-caller up to $126 million. The deal includes $60 million guaranteed.

Kaepernick was entering the final year of his rookie contract, which was set to pay him under $1 million.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... _rosenthal

rastahawk

Reaction score
Kaep can still get better. Franchise QB's are hard to come by and not everyone has the time to groom them. Esp if your team is good "now". We are lucky we have the secondary we have because without the LOB we could be in a lot of trouble with signal callers like Kaep. His kryptonite is CLink. But if I'm San Fran I still have a few doubts about his conduct and also his QB mechanics. Looks like Harbaugh has hitched his trailer on the Kaep wagon. Interesting times ahead for sure.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Throwdown":1yk8nhnn said:
Russ is about to hit the forbes next offseason if that's what Kaep got.

I think your avatar is a good representation of the reaction I had when I saw the contract...

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Bahahaha good. Hopefully it cripples them and that trash team falls apart. Gonna be funny watching them lose all their key players due to no money. Ravens did the same but at least they have a trophy to show for it.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
So $18m/year for Kaep, then? Since this is a six-year extension added to the final year of his rookie contract?

JZ#1

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see if Wilson takes below market value. If he truly wants to be a sports owner some day, its probably not advisable. I mean, I sure as hell wouldn't. This isn't baseball where players get crazy crazy contracts. The NFL, you got to take all you can get.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
RolandDeschain":2zfjpc26 said:
So $18m/year for Kaep, then? Since this is a six-year extension added to the final year of his rookie contract?

That's what it looks like, which isn't bad when projecting our QB, except RW will make 20M+ since he has a Super Bowl ring already.

I know we hate Kaepernick around here, but he will at least be a threat in the future because of his legs even if he struggles to make reads under pressure, good enough to win a title, and I'd rather have him for 18M than Cutler, Flacco, or Alex Smith's overvaluing himself behind.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I hope this deal is heavily back-loaded so the Niners are screwed in a couple of years, haha. I can't wait to see the details...We'll see how good Baalke really is with the numbers.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
JZ#1":1bj6w196 said:
Will be interesting to see if Wilson takes below market value. If he truly wants to be a sports owner some day, its probably not advisable. I mean, I sure as hell wouldn't. This isn't baseball where players get crazy crazy contracts. The NFL, you got to take all you can get.

He's already taken well below market value over the first 3 years, hoping for a discount is really far fetched.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Until I see differently, Krapsondick will never win a title. His decision making in the clutch is a joke. Glad he's sticking with the team. More years of "almost"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts