Giants Cut Josh Freeman

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Giants Cut Josh Freeman
Fri May 30, 2014 12:28 pm
  • Danny Kelly ‏@FieldGulls 28s
    I admit I haven't watched Freeman closely, but I wonder if the Seahawks would be intrigued with his skillset (as a backup)

Danny Kelly ‏@FieldGulls 45s
    (also assuming he clears waivers and then wants to sign for something very low)

:stirthepot:
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays. 
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Re: Giants Cut Josh Freeman
Fri May 30, 2014 12:39 pm
  • 6 QB's??? do it.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri May 30, 2014 1:15 pm
  • Giants must have realized they already have a QB that can throw interceptions........
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Fri May 30, 2014 3:15 pm
  • What has happened to Freeman? At one point he was Tampa's franchise QB in the making, now he can't hold a backup job :?
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Fri May 30, 2014 3:18 pm
  • Freeman threw for 3400 at just over a 61% completion rate with 25 TDs and 6 INTs his second year.

So was that a mirage? Was he bad, but lucky then? Did he just utterly regress from that second year? His footwork is terrible, I know, but it wasn't always that way, right? I wonder if any tape jockeys have any thoughts about this.

I am absolutely interested in him at a low price to come in and comPETE.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Fri May 30, 2014 4:22 pm
  • If the Seahawks bring in Josh Freeman, then it would mean the end for Pryor or BJ Daniels as a Seahawk. I highly doubt he comes here. There a plenty of teams looking for QBs - backup or starting. For example, the Packers were looking at Vince Young recently. Titans, Browns, and Texans are others who don't have a solid QB in place.
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Fri May 30, 2014 5:44 pm
  • Smelly McUgly wrote:Freeman threw for 3400 at just over a 61% completion rate with 25 TDs and 6 INTs his second year.

So was that a mirage? Was he bad, but lucky then? Did he just utterly regress from that second year? His footwork is terrible, I know, but it wasn't always that way, right? I wonder if any tape jockeys have any thoughts about this.

Derek Anderson had 1 good year. So did Rick Mirer. One good year doesn't mean much.
    razor150
    NET Veteran

Fri May 30, 2014 5:48 pm
  • So, should we bring him in? Why not? It seems we have become the island of misfit qb's. Let's build an entire team of qb misfits who cannot even hold a job as a backup on bad teams.

Do I really need the sarcasm thing here?
    OrFan
    NET Veteran

Fri May 30, 2014 5:53 pm
  • razor150 wrote:
    Smelly McUgly wrote:Freeman threw for 3400 at just over a 61% completion rate with 25 TDs and 6 INTs his second year.

Derek Anderson had 1 good year. So did Rick Mirer. One good year doesn't mean much.

Anderson didn't have a year that good, throwing for about 56% completion and having a hot streak of about seven games to make up the bulk of his positive stats. He was also four years into his career, not a two-year starter that improved from year to year. Freeman falling off is more like if Russell Wilson turned to dust from here on out.

Mirer's best year, he had a 12/17 TD/INT ratio and only completed 56% of his passes. I think people perceive Mirer as having had a "good year" because, you know, those numbers look great when compared to Dan Mc-FRIGGIN-Gwire.

Freeman looked like a progressing QB with some serious ability, not a one-year-wonder. Apples and oranges.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Fri May 30, 2014 6:22 pm
  • m0ng0 wrote:What has happened to Freeman? At one point he was Tampa's franchise QB in the making, now he can't hold a backup job :?

Substance abuse or mental health issues? Either would answer all the questions.
    RIP Les. We will miss you.
    Happy
    * NET Lead Admin *

Fri May 30, 2014 7:22 pm

Fri May 30, 2014 7:23 pm
  • Donk70 wrote:If I were Texas, I'd go after him.

This.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Fri May 30, 2014 7:52 pm
  • Smelly McUgly wrote:those numbers look great when compared to Dan Mc-FRIGGIN-Gwire.

Uhg please never speak of the greatest failed pick in Seahawks history. It ruined the 90, got Knox fired, and we could have had Favre.
    garrylt4
    NET Rookie

Fri May 30, 2014 7:59 pm
  • Freeman may still be redeemable though. Texans would be foolish not to give him a shot. QB is their one real weakness, and it's a huge one.
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Fri May 30, 2014 8:25 pm
  • I dunno. Did you guys see him in that Monday Night game he played for the Vikings? Granted, he was in a brand new offense, but that was some of the most inept QB play I've seen in my life. Remember Whitehurst versus Cleveland? This was worse. The Vikings had one of the worst QB situations in the league and didn't even give him a second look. Tampa Bay couldn't wait to ship him out. I think he's done, which is a shame.

Unbelievable fall from grace. This is a dude that had Russell Wilson type upside early in his career. He looks absolutely nothing like that version of Josh Freeman right now.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Fri May 30, 2014 8:45 pm
  • His first two years in Tampa were great though. Kid needs a real chance.
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:20 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:His first two years in Tampa were great though. Kid needs a real chance.

He's had multi chances...He is done..Cannot read defenses or his teams playbook...Don't feel sorry for the guy-He made his millions..Go to CFL or hang out with Tim Tebow..
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:10 pm
  • He needs a chance???? The Bucs canned him because he failed to put in the work required. The Vikings canned him because he didn't learn enough of their play book to make them believe he was putting in the effort they needed from a quarterback. The giants actually pulled him from a work out and told him to hit the bricks because it was obvious that he hadn't studied his play book. Why would you even consider bringing him here? Even if we didn't already have five freaking QBs on the roster I wouldn't want him. Look feel sorry for him if you want to. I don't know if he is on drugs or just won't take his Ritalin but we don't need him or his problems right now.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:03 pm
  • I blame Schiano
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:18 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:Freeman may still be redeemable though. Texans would be foolish not to give him a shot. QB is their one real weakness, and it's a huge one.

Agreed, they really are going in light at QB for 2014. Freeman has experience and had some level of success at one point. Sometimes a change in coaching can bring out the best in a player. Certainly worth it solid shot at backup there.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:32 pm
  • mikeak wrote:Giants must have realized they already have a QB that can throw interceptions........

Hah. Well played.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:02 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information