Santa Clara 49ers already whining about Superbowl L

Hawknballs

Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... nt-3392744

The NFL traditionally identifies the Super Bowl with Roman numerals. The committee hosting the 50th edition of the game hopes to lose a one-letter designation that has become in recent years the universal designation for “loser.”

According to Alex Silverman of SportsBusiness Daily, the president of the San Francisco Bay Area Super Bowl Host Committee said Friday at the ’14 Intersport Activation Summit that the group wants to see the procedure for naming Super Bowls change.

“I think we’re at a point now with Super Bowl 50, it being recognized as 50, the NFL doing what it’s doing around the celebration of 50, that it’s probably time to introduce the Arabic ’50′ as opposed to ‘L,’” committee CEO and president Keith Bruce said.

Bruce added that the committee has already given its opinion to the NFL. The NFL had nothing to say on the matter.

A change would be surprising. After enduring Super Bowl XXX, the NFL can easily handle Super Bowl L and, in nine years, Super Bowl LIX. Which is still a lot better than Super Bowl SUX.

How embarrassing. is there anything they won't whine about down there?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
We're going to be the first team to threepeat and it's going to happen in your stadium, Santa Clara. Only then will you know the true meaning of anguish.

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
even with moving to Santa Clara, The Niners still get more national attention then you. The champs and still thought of the red headed step child. Except for on this board..

Marvin49

Reaction score
While I like the Roman numerals...I do think they are going to have to change soon. I actually don't mind the "L", but eventually its gonna be like 8 digits long and nearly impossible to read.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Marvin49":3h3t5tsu said:
While I like the Roman numerals...I do think they are going to have to change soon. I actually don't mind the "L", but eventually its gonna be like 8 digits long and nearly impossible to read.

It's a roman numeral and it's not impossible to read. I can't believe this is really an issue.

lucky49

Reaction score
inb4 "niners already had their suber bowl L" joke

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":2hyibfji said:

It will only be a handful of digits for several years and won't get to 8 digits until Super Bowl LXXXVIII, which is 40 years from now. The zombies will have overrun us by then anyway.

XLVIII looked great in the logo, but that's just my opinion. :)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":8vl3pmu3 said:
We're going to be the first team to threepeat and it's going to happen in your stadium, Santa Clara. Only then will you know the true meaning of anguish.
You go boooooooooooy! :th2thumbs:

Marvin49

Reaction score
Throwdown":16qgdnah said:
lucky49":16qgdnah said:
inb4 "niners already had their suber bowl L" joke

I just wanna know why SF has to whine so much about EVERYTHING

?

It's not even Niner fans. LOL.

It's the group that's putting together the stadium bid...largely SF Bay Area business leaders.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":yzyxkxz0 said:
Marvin49":yzyxkxz0 said:

It will only be a handful of digits for several years and won't get to 8 digits until Super Bowl LXXXVIII, which is 40 years from now. The zombies will have overrun us by then anyway.

XLVIII looked great in the logo, but that's just my opinion. :)

Yeah...I just wish they'd stop using the same logo. I hate that they standardized the SB logo.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Bob loblaw":bvgggc1y said:
even with moving to Santa Clara, The Niners still get more national attention then you. The champs and still thought of the red headed step child. Except for on this board..

Thats a low blow loblaw

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
TheRealDTM":us3t3suo said:
Bob loblaw":us3t3suo said:

Thats a low blow loblaw

This dude makes iffy posts about football and needs to stick to his law blog.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":pgjxf1ga said:
TheRealDTM":pgjxf1ga said:
Bob loblaw":pgjxf1ga said:

Thats a low blow loblaw

This dude makes iffy posts about football and needs to stick to his law blog.

He's brand new with 5 posts and still hasn't come up with one new idea that his fellow Niner fans haven't already been spouting here and everywhere for the decades since they've won a SB.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
RedAlice":3i5oyyzf said:
He's brand new with 5 posts and still hasn't come up with one new idea that his fellow Niner fans haven't already been spouting here and everywhere for the decades since they've won a SB.
I see what you did there, defining virtually every new 49ers poster that shows up on this forum. 8)

OrFan

Reaction score
Niners don't like roman numerals because it reminds them of when they were actually used by people on a daily basis, you know, the last time they actually won a super bowl.