Cardinals Daryl Washington suspended for 2014 season

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
  • Sports Hernia wrote:Looks like we have a backup for the "whiner excuse machine" (see Marvin) if Marvin ever calls in sick or is on vacation!
    :34853_doh:
    You are on a Seattle Seahawks message board NOT your home board the Webzone Sparky!

If you don't like the content here you are free to leave, nobody is stoping you and you won't be missed.......

i do like the content on here. that's why i signed up. i'm not a masochist.

all i did was point out that someone made up a lie and presented it as a fact. as a member of the message board, you should want to prevent these things from happening. apparently, you don't mind if the lies are about the 49ers. which is fine. as you said, it's your message board and the Seahawks fanbase undoubtedly donates to Seahawks.net to keep this place running.

i have the right to call out someone for making things up. if you don't like it, you can leave
    Front7vLOB
    NET Practice Squad

• hawknation2014 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    hawknation2014 wrote:
    Correction: Three Felony Convictions for Aldon Smith + repeat DUI offender under CA law + misdemeanor bomb threat charges that are pending.

They will consider the totality of the circumstances, and it doesn't look good for Aldon playing in 2014.

Other than the LAX thing that he has yet and might not be charged for, I'm not really sure what's different about what you said and what I said.

You said "a felony" (and tried to downplay the three illegal assault weapons recovered after his little party shootout) when you should have said THREE felonies, each of which carries a 4 year maximum prison sentence. That's a total of 17 years in jail if the book were thrown at him for all four convictions. Then you have to consider how the NFL will react to his recent bomb threat at LAX. Aldon is not playing this year; that is a fantasy.

LOL...

1) I also said chargeS. I wasn't saying there was only 1, I was simply stating that each of the laws he broke was a felony. Sigh.

2) 17 years. ROTFLMAO. Dude, you have no clue. His max sentence is just over 4 years TOTAL. Its No time at all to 4 years in prison. That's it. 17 years is a fantasy.

3) Something needs to come of the LAX incident before it can be considered. Aldon has stated tat he didn't say bomb. If he isn't charged, its a non story. At this point its only even being considered as a misdemeanor, not a felony.

4) Entire season? Certainly possible but I highly doubt it. My guess is 4-8 games. Why? Because Goodell has already stated he'll take the 5 games he was out last year into account. What's unknown is how the league will come down on the weapons charges. As I said before...were he a Cardinal he's never have been charged. This isn't like Washington in Arizona either because there are no NFL rules about gun possession. Not defending here...just saying NFL has no specific rules there and the NFLPA can argue that this would never have been as issue if he were a player on another team. Just a sticky situation.

Bottom line, my guess is and has always been no jail time and a 4 game suspension. Time will tell if I'm right. I could very well be wrong.

Finally, this whole "excuse machine" thing. I know I'm a fan of another team and you guys are entitled to your fun, but if you really think that's what I'm doing then you aren't paying attention. At no point do I ever excuse any action. In fact when the news first broke on Kaep I said here that if the story was true as it was first reported there was no way I could back the guy.

It was actually a few on this board that kinda talked me down on that one. When the facts finally started coming out it was pretty clear it was all BS, but I never made any excuses.

What I am guilty of here is defending what I interpret as the truth when some of you like to invent your own version of the facts (17 years...lol). I'm not always right and I'm the first to admit that...but if I disagree with what someone is presenting as facts, will I say something?

Damn straight.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:LOL...

1) I also said chargeS. I wasn't saying there was only 1, I was simply stating that each of the laws he broke was a felony. Sigh.

2) 17 years. ROTFLMAO. Dude, you have no clue. His max sentence is just over 4 years TOTAL. Its No time at all to 4 years in prison. That's it. 17 years is a fantasy.

3) Something needs to come of the LAX incident before it can be considered. Aldon has stated tat he didn't say bomb. If he isn't charged, its a non story. At this point its only even being considered as a misdemeanor, not a felony.

4) Entire season? Certainly possible but I highly doubt it. My guess is 4-8 games. Why? Because Goodell has already stated he'll take the 5 games he was out last year into account. What's unknown is how the league will come down on the weapons charges. As I said before...were he a Cardinal he's never have been charged. This isn't like Washington in Arizona either because there are no NFL rules about gun possession. Not defending here...just saying NFL has no specific rules there and the NFLPA can argue that this would never have been as issue if he were a player on another team. Just a sticky situation.

Bottom line, my guess is and has always been no jail time and a 4 game suspension. Time will tell if I'm right. I could very well be wrong.

Finally, this whole "excuse machine" thing. I know I'm a fan of another team and you guys are entitled to your fun, but if you really think that's what I'm doing then you aren't paying attention. At no point do I ever excuse any action. In fact when the news first broke on Kaep I said here that if the story was true as it was first reported there was no way I could back the guy.

It was actually a few on this board that kinda talked me down on that one. When the facts finally started coming out it was pretty clear it was all BS, but I never made any excuses.

What I am guilty of here is defending what I interpret as the truth when some of you like to invent your own version of the facts (17 years...lol). I'm not always right and I'm the first to admit that...but if I disagree with what someone is presenting as facts, will I say something?

Damn straight.

You're right, Aldon faces four years in prison for all four charges. This does not include punishment he may face for his misdemeanor charge of threatening that he had a bomb at an airport. The article I read misstated the maximum penalty in CA as four years per felony conviction, plus one year for the his repeat DUI.

But Marvin wrote an ENTIRE PAGE of nothing to correct this simple error?

hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    hawknation2014 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    hawknation2014 wrote:
    Correction: Three Felony Convictions for Aldon Smith + repeat DUI offender under CA law + misdemeanor bomb threat charges that are pending.

They will consider the totality of the circumstances, and it doesn't look good for Aldon playing in 2014.

Other than the LAX thing that he has yet and might not be charged for, I'm not really sure what's different about what you said and what I said.

You said "a felony" (and tried to downplay the three illegal assault weapons recovered after his little party shootout) when you should have said THREE felonies, each of which carries a 4 year maximum prison sentence. That's a total of 17 years in jail if the book were thrown at him for all four convictions. Then you have to consider how the NFL will react to his recent bomb threat at LAX. Aldon is not playing this year; that is a fantasy.

LOL...

Damn straight.

Oh please! In the above post claiming NOT to be the "whiners excuse machine" you come up with more excuses! LMAO! Do you ever read your posts before hitting "send"? Keep on claiming to be the victim though........
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• hawknation2014 wrote:

I hate to bring political figures into this but Marvin is the "Sarah Palin of the whiner troll nation", master of the meaningless "word salad"......so he has that going for himself! 8)

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• hawknation2014 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:LOL...

Damn straight.

You're right, Aldon faces four years in prison for all four charges. This does not include punishment he may face for his misdemeanor charge of threatening that he had a bomb at an airport. The article I read misstated the maximum penalty in CA as four years per felony conviction, plus one year for the his repeat DUI.

LOL. You are proven wrong and need to resort to name calling...and I'm the loser?

Right. Moving on.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    hawknation2014 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

LOL...

Damn straight.

Oh please! In the above post claiming NOT to be the "whiners excuse machine" you come up with more excuses! LMAO! Do you ever read your posts before hitting "send"? Keep on claiming to be the victim though........

Do you? I think maybe you don't know the meaning of the word excuse.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    hawknation2014 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:LOL...

Damn straight.

LOL. You are proven wrong and need to resort to name calling...and I'm the loser?

Right. Moving on.

Yes Marvin, much like your team in the NFCCG, you are the loser! Deal with it, and as you say MOVE ON! :49ersmall: :0190l:

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Marvin49 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    hawknation2014 wrote:

LOL...

Damn straight.

Yes I do know the meaning but apparently you don't Mr Word Salad.....

BTW..... I thought you had me on the "ignore/foes list", or was that another one of your "whoppers"?

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

LOL...

Damn straight.

BTW..... I thought you had me on the "ignore/foes list", or was that another one of your "whoppers"?

I do.

When a person is on that list you still see that a person posts and have the option to expand the masked post.

I expanded it because I was curious what drivel you were posting this time.

I should have known better. Back you go.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    LOL...

Damn straight.

I'm just curious how Marvin finds the time to write an entire dissertation on a rival team's message board?

Would he be this obsessed with the Seahawks if they hadn't kicked his team's ass en route to a Super Bowl victory. If that's the case, we should expect many similar dissertations for the foreseeable future.
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:

LOL...

Damn straight.

I do.

When a person is on that list you still see that a person posts and have the option to expand the masked post.

I expanded it because I was curious what drivel you were posting this time.

I should have known better. Back you go.
    :34853_doh:
    You just contradicted yourself in the same post, you realize that don't you?

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• hawknation2014 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    LOL...

Damn straight.

I'm just curious how Marvin finds the time to write an entire dissertation on a rival team's message board?

Would he be this obsessed with the Seahawks if they hadn't kicked his team's ass en route to a Super Bowl victory. If that's the case, we should expect many similar dissertations for the foreseeable future.

You'd better watch it, you are on thin ice with Marvin, if you don't knock it off he will pretend to put you on his foes/ignore list! 8)

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• The 49er Defense Force that always has to jump in and "correct" anything that doesn't fit their narrative is tiresome as hell. We get it, the sun always shines in San Francisco or Santa Clara or Alcatraz or wherever.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

• Smelly McUgly wrote:The 49er Defense Force that always has to jump in and "correct" anything that doesn't fit their narrative is tiresome as hell. We get it, the sun always shines in San Francisco or Santa Clara or Alcatraz or wherever.

Then don't read it.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    Smelly McUgly wrote:The 49er Defense Force that always has to jump in and "correct" anything that doesn't fit their narrative is tiresome as hell. We get it, the sun always shines in San Francisco or Santa Clara or Alcatraz or wherever.

Then don't read it.

How about you folks have some self-control and stop trying to push a narrative in every thread. Trolls like you folk de-railing every thread with the same garbage is ruining this part of the forum.

Not everything is about you.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

• Smelly McUgly wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Smelly McUgly wrote:The 49er Defense Force that always has to jump in and "correct" anything that doesn't fit their narrative is tiresome as hell. We get it, the sun always shines in San Francisco or Santa Clara or Alcatraz or wherever.

Then don't read it.

How about you folks have some self-control and stop trying to push a narrative in every thread. Trolls like you folk de-railing every thread with the same garbage is ruining this part of the forum.

Where do you think he gets it?

hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

• Smelly McUgly wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

Then don't read it.

Or you can not read it.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    Smelly McUgly wrote:

Or you can not read it.

"The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• THERE IS ALREADY AN ALDON SMITH BEING A TOTAL SHIT BAG THREAD.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

• SouthSoundHawk wrote:THERE IS ALREADY AN ALDON SMITH BEING A TOTAL SHIT BAG THREAD.

AMEN BROTHER.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Marvin49 wrote:
    Smelly McUgly wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

Then don't read it.

Or you can not read it.

No.

Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

• Scottemojo wrote:
    SouthSoundHawk wrote:THERE IS ALREADY AN ALDON SMITH BEING A TOTAL SHIT BAG THREAD.

AMEN BROTHER.

HEAR, HEAR.
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2014 wrote:
    Where do you think he gets it?

That is priceless, he could teach a 3 year old a thing or two about how to throw a tantrum.
    :49ersmall: How many 49ers fans does it take to change a light bulb? They don't, they just talk about the ones they had. :49ersmall:
    lsheldon
    NET Veteran

• How is it there is arguing about Smith and his dumb ass antics. On a thread about the Cards. Christ this dude is getting more publicity than the Bengazi investigation.

Aldon please go away. Please I'm over hearing your name.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

• Scottemojo wrote:
    SouthSoundHawk wrote:THERE IS ALREADY AN ALDON SMITH BEING A TOTAL SHIT BAG THREAD.

AMEN BROTHER.

All I said was it wasn't an apples to apples comparison when someone else brought it up.

Personally, I don't think MJ should get you suspended for a year.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• rlkats wrote:How is it there is arguing about Smith and his dumb ass antics. On a thread about the Cards. Christ this dude is getting more publicity than the Bengazi investigation.

Aldon please go away. Please I'm over hearing your name.

Don't blame you one bit. Had a guy named Jeramy Stevens that played on the '05 Super Bowl team that I got sick of, and he wasn't as bad as Smith. Not as talented as Smith but was given the "superstar free pass" when he went to college at the UW and his infractions with the law were swept under the rug. IMHO could have been a probowl caliber tight end if he had 2 brain cells to run together.

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Marvin49 wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:

AMEN BROTHER.

All I said was it wasn't an apples to apples comparison when someone else brought it up.

Bullshit. This thread is littered with post after post of you arguing about Aldon. There is no need to track that dogshit into every thread.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Scottemojo wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:

AMEN BROTHER.

Bullshit. This thread is littered with post after post of you arguing about Aldon. There is no need to track that dogshit into every thread.

True. I misspoke...

...what I meant was that was all I responded with before I was asked directly about Aldon...IE, I didn't bring Aldon into this. I was responding.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin, you may or may not be an "excuse machine", but you are definitely a "minimizing machine".
    Do continue though if it makes you feel better. I'll just continue to laugh.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Marvin, you may or may not be an "excuse machine", but you are definitely a "minimizing machine".
    Do continue though if it makes you feel better. I'll just continue to laugh.

You do that.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:03 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information