Cardinals Daryl Washington suspended for 2014 season

Kakaww

Reaction score
Mike Jurecki
BREAKING: I've been told #Cardinals LB Daryl Washington will miss the ENTIRE 2014 season. Spoke with a player who confirmed the news.
8:05am - 30 May 14

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I can't find anything that says the suspension is for the conviction.

I just know that he had a 4 game substance last year, and a year would be the automatic next step.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3962ikjy said:
I just know that he had a 4 game substance last year, and a year would be the automatic next step.
I thought suspensions worked kind of like the three strikes programs usually do? That is, your next punishment is way more severe for getting caught at something even if it's not the same something you got caught doing last time? I could be wrong, I just thought I had read that somewhere.

Front7vLOB

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1kt8xop1 said:
Scottemojo":1kt8xop1 said:
I thought suspensions worked kind of like the three strikes programs usually do? That is, your next punishment is way more severe for getting caught at something even if it's not the same something you got caught doing last time? I could be wrong, I just thought I had read that somewhere.
isn't that what scottemojo said?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Don't forget: they also lost Dansby in free agency. Two of their best players on D. On the surface, that D looks a lot less impressive now. Arians is an offensive coach -- won't be able to scheme himself out of this one.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Front7vLOB":2nbh6ujs said:
isn't that what scottemojo said?
I don't think so? I don't know. He made the puff, puff, give comment which correlates the year-long suspension to the weed, not the assault. :229031_shrug:

Doesn't really matter.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
This is a HUGE loss for Arizona. Not sure who can replace him, as their backup options at ILB are second-year players who barely played at all last season and an undrafted rookie free agent. They will probably need to move one of their OLBs inside, as this is a critical position to their defense.

Laloosh

Reaction score
FOX Sports NFL ‏@NFLonFOX 1m
JUST IN: Cardinals announce LB Daryl Washington has been suspended 1 year for violating NFL's substance abuse policy

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
That's a pretty big loss. Washington is an outstanding player.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
710 ESPN is talking about it, and what this may mean for Beast Mode. Especially since he was already suspended once (with the Bills).

Front7vLOB

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":59n1mh9i said:
710 ESPN is talking about it, and what this may mean for Beast Mode. Especially since he was already suspended once (with the Bills).
Lynch hasn't been in trouble again, right? it's a non-issue at this point. why speculate when Lynch has been a model player for a couple seasons now

DavidSeven

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1ajys77r said:

How are they related? Washington's suspension is for violating the substance abuse policy, which we all know is pretty iron-clad in the NFL. There was some speculation earlier that it was related to a domestic abuse incident, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm not speculating anything. I'm passing on what they are talking about on 710 ESPN, THEY think that Lynch could still get some kind of suspension.

Latest posts