Cardinals Daryl Washington suspended for 2014 season

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
  • Mike Jurecki
    BREAKING: I've been told #Cardinals LB Daryl Washington will miss the ENTIRE 2014 season. Spoke with a player who confirmed the news.
    8:05am - 30 May 14
    Kakaww
    NET Rookie

• puff puff give.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Scottemojo wrote:puff puff give.

If I was a Cards fan and Aldon doesn't get a year long suspension, I would be pissed
    Front7vLOB
    NET Practice Squad

• I can't find anything that says the suspension is for the conviction.

I just know that he had a 4 game substance last year, and a year would be the automatic next step.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Good. Helps us a little bit.
    keatonisballin
    NET Starter

• Scottemojo wrote:I just know that he had a 4 game substance last year, and a year would be the automatic next step.

I thought suspensions worked kind of like the three strikes programs usually do? That is, your next punishment is way more severe for getting caught at something even if it's not the same something you got caught doing last time? I could be wrong, I just thought I had read that somewhere.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:I just know that he had a 4 game substance last year, and a year would be the automatic next step.

I thought suspensions worked kind of like the three strikes programs usually do? That is, your next punishment is way more severe for getting caught at something even if it's not the same something you got caught doing last time? I could be wrong, I just thought I had read that somewhere.

isn't that what scottemojo said?
    Front7vLOB
    NET Practice Squad

• Don't forget: they also lost Dansby in free agency. Two of their best players on D. On the surface, that D looks a lot less impressive now. Arians is an offensive coach -- won't be able to scheme himself out of this one.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• Front7vLOB wrote:isn't that what scottemojo said?

I don't think so? I don't know. He made the puff, puff, give comment which correlates the year-long suspension to the weed, not the assault. :229031_shrug:

Doesn't really matter.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• This is a HUGE loss for Arizona. Not sure who can replace him, as their backup options at ILB are second-year players who barely played at all last season and an undrafted rookie free agent. They will probably need to move one of their OLBs inside, as this is a critical position to their defense.
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

• Darren Urban ‏@Cardschatter 57s
    The Washington suspension is unrelated to his recent court case.
    Front7vLOB
    NET Practice Squad

• FOX Sports NFL ‏@NFLonFOX 1m
    JUST IN: Cardinals announce LB Daryl Washington has been suspended 1 year for violating NFL's substance abuse policy
    RockHawk wrote:This has turned into nothing but a personal attack, which goes against our forum rules...... I'll allow it.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

• That's a pretty big loss. Washington is an outstanding player.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Cheaters never prosper.
    Jk

Sux for the cards.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• 710 ESPN is talking about it, and what this may mean for Beast Mode. Especially since he was already suspended once (with the Bills).
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Wow, a year? For what is probably weed?

They'd better suspend Irsay for a year, then.

On the other hand, though this does help us out a hell of a lot, I'd rather see that the Hawks can take the Cards at their best.
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

• SoulfishHawk wrote:710 ESPN is talking about it, and what this may mean for Beast Mode. Especially since he was already suspended once (with the Bills).

Lynch hasn't been in trouble again, right? it's a non-issue at this point. why speculate when Lynch has been a model player for a couple seasons now
    Front7vLOB
    NET Practice Squad

• SoulfishHawk wrote:710 ESPN is talking about it, and what this may mean for Beast Mode. Especially since he was already suspended once (with the Bills).

How are they related? Washington's suspension is for violating the substance abuse policy, which we all know is pretty iron-clad in the NFL. There was some speculation earlier that it was related to a domestic abuse incident, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• I'm not speculating anything. I'm passing on what they are talking about on 710 ESPN, THEY think that Lynch could still get some kind of suspension.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:I'm not speculating anything. I'm passing on what they are talking about on 710 ESPN, THEY think that Lynch could still get some kind of suspension.

Would be shocked if the league handed down anything for Money's "wet reckless" plea. Seems like they would have already announced it by now if they were. But I'm not listening right now, so I don't know what they're specifically talking about.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• Yeah, guess it would just be a surprise imo. This crap happened 2 years ago.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• And they say we cheat and have problem players? That punishment is a big one though.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• Suspended a year for smoking a doobie. Yes, he was idiotic, but so is this policy.
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

• While I completely agree that marijuana shouldn't be a banned substance, we have to remember that we have no evidence whatsoever that anybody's substance abuse suspensions are for weed. The NFL never says what item on the list the suspension is for, so of course every player is going to claim weed because most people don't give a crap about weed. He could have tested positive for a hallucinogen, heroin, crack, meth, or something as innocuous as Sudafed. They can't even take that for allergy relief without special consent. Look at the list here: http://images.nflplayers.com/mediaResou ... 20List.pdf
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Yeah, guess it would just be a surprise imo. This crap happened 2 years ago.

Lynch's DUI falls under the Personal Conduct Policy, I believe. The bad news for Lynch is that he previously served a 3-game suspension when he was at Buffalo for a violation of that same policy, so this is not his first offense. The good news for Lynch is that A) his previous suspension was several years ago (2009?) and B) he has kept his nose clean since his DUI in 2012. Both should help to mitigate his punishment, I would think.
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Shadowhawk wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Yeah, guess it would just be a surprise imo. This crap happened 2 years ago.

Lynch's DUI falls under the Personal Conduct Policy, I believe. The bad news for Lynch is that he previously served a 3-game suspension when he was at Buffalo for a violation of that same policy, so this is not his first offense. The good news for Lynch is that A) his previous suspension was several years ago (2009?) and B) he has kept his nose clean since his DUI in 2012. Both should help to mitigate his punishment, I would think.

You mean wet reckless conviction; there is no DUI conviction.
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

• According to Fox Sports it is for violating the substance abuse program and policy.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/repo ... son-053014
    :49ersmall: How many 49ers fans does it take to change a light bulb? They don't, they just talk about the ones they had. :49ersmall:
    lsheldon
    NET Veteran

• keatonisballin wrote:Good. Helps us a little bit.

Seahawks don't need this kind of help. They've beaten the Cards when Washington was playing for them.
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• My guess is Lynch doesn't get suspended.

It isn't apples to apples with Aldon as this appears to be a repeat problem (as in was suspended, and then did it again).

The offense itself if it is MJ shouldn't get you a suspension in my mind tho. Kinda arcane.

Big hit to Arizona tho.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• I'll take it! Anything to make these chump division rivals weaker is a good thing to me.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Marvin49 wrote:My guess is Lynch doesn't get suspended.

It isn't apples to apples with Aldon as this appears to be a repeat problem (as in was suspended, and then did it again).

The offense itself if it is MJ shouldn't get you a suspension in my mind tho. Kinda arcane.

Big hit to Arizona tho.

Was Aldon suspended for his initial wet reckless? If I recall, the answer is no. He played and faced zero discipline for that 2012 conviction.
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

• Now, if this was that p.o.s. Darnell Docket, I'd be doing this....... :thirishdrinkers:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• No Dansby, no Washington. Cards are losing some serious teeth on their defense. I doubt they have anyone better than those two who will have the same impact. Washington is an awesome LB'er, this hurts.
    Sherman4Prez
    NET Practice Squad

• hawknation2014 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:My guess is Lynch doesn't get suspended.

Big hit to Arizona tho.

Was Aldon suspended for his initial wet reckless? If I recall, the answer is no. He played and faced zero discipline for that 2012 conviction.

Correct.

The Commish also stated that any discipline this year on the DUI would take his 5 weeks he was gone to rehab into account when deciding discipline.

What's unknown tho is what happens in regards to the gun charges. Kinda sticky since he'd never have been charged if he were a Cardinal. It is a felony tho in his home state....not sure how the commish will handle that.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    hawknation2014 wrote:

Big hit to Arizona tho.

Correct.

The Commish also stated that any discipline this year on the DUI would take his 5 weeks he was gone to rehab into account when deciding discipline.

What's unknown tho is what happens in regards to the gun charges. Kinda sticky since he'd never have been charged if he were a Cardinal. It is a felony tho in his home state....not sure how the commish will handle that.

Correction: Three Felony Convictions for Aldon Smith + repeat DUI offender under CA law + misdemeanor bomb threat charges that are pending.

They will consider the totality of the circumstances, and it doesn't look good for Aldon playing in 2014.
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    hawknation2014 wrote:

Big hit to Arizona tho.

Correct.

Perhaps he should handle it like he did with players smoking weed in Washington.
    RockHawk wrote:This has turned into nothing but a personal attack, which goes against our forum rules...... I'll allow it.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

• DWash is an idiot.

But, I feel bad for Cards fans.

As someone on their forum put it: don't care to debate the right or wrong of weed. If the NFL says you cannot eat pizza and play in the NFL, then don't eat pizza.

This plus their losing the Dsomone or other to FA really kills their D. And I was hoping they would be good this year.
    Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.

"They call it Sack City because you'd rather live in a SACK."
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2014 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    hawknation2014 wrote:

Big hit to Arizona tho.

Correct.

Correction: Three Felony Convictions for Aldon Smith + repeat DUI offender under CA law + misdemeanor bomb threat charges that are pending.

They will consider the totality of the circumstances, and it doesn't look good for Aldon playing in 2014.

Other than the LAX thing that he has yet and might not be charged for, I'm not really sure what's different about what you said and what I said.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    hawknation2014 wrote:

Other than the LAX thing that he has yet and might not be charged for, I'm not really sure what's different about what you said and what I said.

You said "a felony" (and tried to downplay the three illegal assault weapons recovered after his little party shootout) when you should have said THREE felonies, each of which carries a 4 year maximum prison sentence. That's a total of 17 years in jail if the book were thrown at him for all four convictions. Then you have to consider how the NFL will react to his recent bomb threat at LAX. Aldon is not playing this year; that is a fantasy.
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

• Screw Aldon Smith...

also...

It will be fun watching Seattle's offense v. those line backers.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

• SouthSoundHawk wrote:It will be fun watching Seattle's offense v. those line backers.

What linebackers?

Oh, I see what you did there. :D
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• I clicked on the Daryl Washington thread, right? let me check. yes.

which team is more obsessed with the other? niner fans obsessed with the Hawks? well, you just turned a Cards player thread into a niner thread, so umm?
    Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.

"They call it Sack City because you'd rather live in a SACK."
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• A Rams fan on a Seahawks board, calling out a Hawks fan for changing a Cards thread into a Niner thread. That about covers the division.....

um.....ok
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• RedAlice wrote:DWash is an idiot.

But, I feel bad for Cards fans.

As someone on their forum put it: don't care to debate the right or wrong of weed. If the NFL says you cannot eat pizza and play in the NFL, then don't eat pizza.

This plus their losing the Dsomone or other to FA really kills their D. And I was hoping they would be good this year.

There is no way they would have let Dansby go if they knew that this was coming. Regarding the team statement I saw they are pissed at Washington, and for good reason.

And yeah, whether or not you agree with the league's stance on pot, that doesn't give players a pass for using it. Especially a guy like Washington who was in Stage 3 of the program and getting tested multiple times each month. Just unbelievably stupid on his part.
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• hawknation2014 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    hawknation2014 wrote:

Big hit to Arizona tho.

Correct.

Aldon is not a repeat DUI offender in CA. The first DUI was in FL and if I am not mistaken, is all cleared up as far as court punishment goes. The gun charges sound bad, but it is still one of those things where its perfectly ok in some states and a felony in others. He still has to answer for the CA dui but if you take the 5 games he already missed into consideration then I see a suspension being in the 8 game range. That would also get him back and likely Bowman back before both matchups against Seattle
    4freakin9
    NET Practice Squad

• hawknation2014 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    hawknation2014 wrote:

You said "a felony" (and tried to downplay the three illegal assault weapons recovered after his little party shootout) when you should have said THREE felonies, each of which carries a 4 year maximum prison sentence. That's a total of 17 years in jail if the book were thrown at him for all four convictions. Then you have to consider how the NFL will react to his recent bomb threat at LAX. Aldon is not playing this year; that is a fantasy.

To the bold, you are completely wrong. The maximum amount of years for the sentence is 4 years and 4 months.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24569310/ers-aldon-smith-pleads-no-contest-to-six-charges-could-face-jail-time
    Smith will be sentenced on July 25 and could face up to 52 months in prison. Prosecutor Brian Buckelew told the Mercury News that the length of Smith's sentence will come at the sole discretion of the judge, "It's from zero days to four years and four months," Buckelew said of how long Smith's sentence could go.

If Smith stays out of trouble, he's expected to see a lighter sentence. "There is an acceptance of responsibility here that is factored in by the sentencing judge," Buckelew said.

See. Not 17 as you keep insisting. Now all of your brazen, know-it-all-confidence is destroyed by your lack of credibility.

Nothing will come about for the bomb threat. Aldon insists he never said bomb in that context, and, since then, the charges have been dropped to lower departments in the LAPD. If Aldon did in fact say the things reported initially when the news broke, he would be facing a felony. Obviously, the situation isn't all that bad.

I still think he may get a 1/2 season suspension.

I just don't like it when people make stuff up on here.
    Last edited by Front7vLOB on Sat May 31, 2014 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Front7vLOB
    NET Practice Squad

• Front7vLOB wrote:
    hawknation2014 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    hawknation2014 wrote:

To the bold, you are completely wrong. The maximum amount of years for the sentence is 4 years and 4 months.
    Smith will be sentenced on July 25 and could face up to 52 months in prison. Prosecutor Brian Buckelew told the Mercury News that the length of Smith's sentence will come at the sole discretion of the judge, "It's from zero days to four years and four months," Buckelew said of how long Smith's sentence could go.

If Smith stays out of trouble, he's expected to see a lighter sentence. "There is an acceptance of responsibility here that is factored in by the sentencing judge," Buckelew said.

See. Not 17 as you keep insisting. Now all of your brazen, know-it-all-confidence is destroyed by your lack of credibility.

Nothing will come about for the bomb threat. Aldon insists he never said bomb in that context, and, since then, the charges have been dropped to lower departments in the LAPD. If Aldon did in fact say the things reported initially when the news broke, he would be facing a felony. Obviously, the situation isn't all that bad.

I still think he may get a 1/2 season suspension.

Looks like we have a backup for the "whiner excuse machine" (see Marvin) if Marvin ever calls in sick or is on vacation!
    :34853_doh:
    You are on a Seattle Seahawks message board NOT your home board the Webzone Sparky!

If you don't like the content here you are free to leave, nobody is stoping you and you won't be missed.......
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Front7vLOB wrote:

Then leave. I can assure that no one gives a Squirt.

Oh, each possession charge carries a max of of 16 months. Who cares about LAX and DUIs (although the judge could still play hardball with those)

5 convictions, 3 of them felonies that are not affected by going to rehab and staying clean. OUCH. Talk about thin ice if he does get out.
    It will all be up to the judge, but even if the 5 convictions were misdemeanor crimes, there could jail time.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• loafoftatupu wrote:
    Front7vLOB wrote:

Then leave. I can assure that no one gives a Squirt.

Oh, each possession charge carries a max of of 16 months. Who cares about LAX and DUIs (although the judge could still play hardball with those)

5 convictions, 3 of them felonies that are not affected by going to rehab and staying clean. OUCH. Talk about thin ice if he does get out.
    It will all be up to the judge, but even if the 5 convictions were misdemeanor crimes, there could jail time.

apparently you give a squirt. whatever the hell that means. look, if you guys want to spread misinformation on a message board that has policies on providing links to "facts" then that's on your fanbase.

btw, the DUI is considered with the weapons charges. so the only remaining incident that isn't considered in that 0 - 4.3 years possible sentence is the LAX incdident.
    Front7vLOB
    NET Practice Squad

Next

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:43 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information