Vernon Davis not participating in OTAs

Laloosh

Reaction score
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 37s
More
#49ers TE Vernon Davis is staying away from OTAs because he wants a new deal with 2 years left (as @MaioccoCSN said). Top 3 paid at his spot

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Give the guy a break, he is still recovering from getting "Kamtraked" in late Janurary. 8)

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Sounds like he's going to hold out. Missing OTAs already cost him $200K.

Kind of surprising to me. He has two years left and isn't making peanuts. They don't have much cap room and still need to extend Kaep, Crabtree and Iupati, who are all due before VD. Apparently, OL Alex Boone wants a new deal, too, and he also has two years remaining on his contract.

They have to make a sacrifice somewhere.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2cukftpo said:

Kind of surprising to me. He has two years left and isn't making peanuts. They don't have much cap room and still need to extend Kaep, Crabtree and Iupati, who are all due before VD. Apparently, OL Alex Boone wants a new deal, too, and he also has two years remaining on his contract.

Why does missing out on Otas cost him money? I thought they were optional?

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":urd33sde said:
DavidSeven":urd33sde said:

Don't most players have financial incentives built into contracts to encourage participation? Seem to recall a Niner losing out on more than that last year because his agent didn't read the damn contract.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
The Niners are imploding before our eyes.

Who's next? Staley is severely underpaid.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":33rsa9qb said:
DavidSeven":33rsa9qb said:

He has a workout bonus written into his current contract. He's forfeiting it by not showing up.

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 21h
TE Vernon Davis forfeits $200K in workout bonuses by not participating in the 49ers' offseason program. http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/davis-b ... n-workouts

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Apparently the RG, Boone, is also not at OTAs, wants more money as well.

TAB420

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":25xu2av0 said:
Largent80":25xu2av0 said:
You can tell him it's ok to show up......Kam isn't there.

Incorrect.

Kam is everywhere.

No your thinking of Chuck Norris. But now that you mention it, I have never seen them in the same place at the same time.....Hmmmm

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Davis needs to fire his agent. He signed a 6 year deal in 2010 that would have him hitting free agency at 32 years of age. I think it is kind of crappy to try and get a new deal right now, but I understand why.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Dude should play out the contract he signed (at least through this season). I hate it when players holdout for more money when they still have a few years left on their current contract. It just puts a bad taste in my mouth, as if they think they're bigger than the team.

In this case, that's great! The more turmoil in SC, the better...love watching that organization and fans do their thing (whine).

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2e0pyzo9 said:
Davis needs to fire his agent. He signed a 6 year deal in 2010 that would have him hitting free agency at 32 years of age. I think it is kind of crappy to try and get a new deal right now, but I understand why.

The Niners' FO has screwed over a lot of their players with deals like this one. It's great . . . until it blows up in your face.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
2 years left on his deal? I actually like Vernon Davis but its hard to imagine this generation of Seahawk players behaving this way. Just another example of how Seattle is on another level organizationally.

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
Laloosh":13ybu8ru said:
More
#49ers TE Vernon Davis is staying away from OTAs because he wants a new deal with 2 years left (as @MaioccoCSN said). Top 3 paid at his spot

By the way, the #49ers have known about Vernon Davis’ desire for a new contract for a while, at least back in February. Not news to them.
2:41 PM - 29 May 2014

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Look, if I had to play a game where I got hit so hard my soul left the football field, I'd hold out to get paid more too.