Jim Harbaugh uses demeaning rhetoric against reporter

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
  • hawknation2014 wrote:bullying a reporter

:roll:
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

• Hawkfan77 wrote:
    hawknation2014 wrote:bullying a reporter

To be fair the whole "You must have practiced that in front of the mirror" was kind of an asshole thing to say
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    First off, any statement that says in was HARBAUGH who was bullying is wearing some serious blue and green colored glasses. Harbaugh was trying to step away from the conversation. He was trying to end it. Kawakami was the aggressor.

HAHAHAHA holly crap do you actually believe this, you can't you have to be trolling us. He asked follow up questions. He was never aggressive. The only person who got aggressive was good old I can't control myself jim.

Man you are funny.
    "If we lose ... this place will be a Carnival of Stupidity." FlyingGreg
    Fudwamper
    NET Veteran

• Who remembers the presser where Jim was insulting to Californians, said they were crying hand holding sissies, then when asked about his Cali roots said nope, I'm from Ohio? I think it was the post season presser after they lost in the playoffs.

Not every coach can say he ends every season with a loss.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Fudwamper wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    First off, any statement that says in was HARBAUGH who was bullying is wearing some serious blue and green colored glasses. Harbaugh was trying to step away from the conversation. He was trying to end it. Kawakami was the aggressor.

HAHAHAHA holly crap do you actually believe this, you can't you have to be trolling us. He asked follow up questions. He was never aggressive. The only person who got aggressive was good old I can't control myself jim.

Man you are funny.

Man, you don't have a clue what you're talking about.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    Fudwamper wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

Man you are funny.

The reporter asks a single follow up question after Harbaugh's one-word answer, and Harbaugh's response is to belittle him and put him in his place on camera in front of a group of reporters:

"Tim, I know you probably worked really hard on asking that question, and probably stared in the mirror and thought about just the way you could ask that.”

That's the not the way a professional and decent person behaves. And if someone made that mistake, you would expect that they would apologize for their patronizing and aggressive tactics. There is an obvious power imbalance between NFL coaches, who make millions of dollars a year and are idolized and protected by the fans, and the beat writers, who make peanuts for covering them for the fans. Kawakami had the balls to ask the tough questions about Harbaugh's hypocrisy, and he should be commended for not backing down after being mocked and belittled.
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

• Marvin do you have a problem with him asking the first question from the video?
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

• bigtrain21 wrote:Marvin do you have a problem with him asking the first question from the video?

Yes and no.

From just about any other reporter? No. The problem is that Tim knew what he was doing. Harbaughs response had ALOT to do with who was asking the question. He even used his first name. Harbaugh knew exactly how that line of questioning was going to go.

Harbaugh is no angel. Saying he can be a tough interview is an understatement.

Tim Kawakami is a hack and a sensationalist. Most of you here keep only referring to him as "the reporter" because the only person you know in that exchange is Harbaugh. If you really knew anything about Kawakami, you'd understand where I'm coming from. This isn't the first time Tim has pushed buttons, gotten a reaction, and then walked away as if he was an innocent bystander. That's pretty much his MO.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2014 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Fudwamper wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

Man you are funny.

The reporter asks a single follow up question after Harbaugh's one-word answer, and Harbaugh's response is to belittle him and put him in his place on camera in front of a group of reporters:

"Tim, I know you probably worked really hard on asking that question, and probably stared in the mirror and thought about just the way you could ask that.”

That's the not the way a professional and decent person behaves. And if someone made that mistake, you would expect that they would apologize for their patronizing and aggressive tactics. There is an obvious power imbalance between NFL coaches, who make millions of dollars a year and are idolized and protected by the fans, and the beat writers, who make peanuts for covering them for the fans. Kawakami had the balls to ask the tough questions about Harbaugh's hypocrisy, and he should be commended for not backing down after being mocked and belittled.

Again...your error is the assumption that this conversation is taking place in a vacuum. You don't understand WHY Harbaugh is reacting. Kawakami isn't the hapless victim here.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    hawknation2014 wrote:

Again...your error is the assumption that this conversation is taking place in a vacuum. You don't understand WHY Harbaugh is reacting. Kawakami isn't the hapless victim here.

And again, your mistake is putting your fanaticism over decency. You say Harbaugh is "no angel," but what does that actually mean to you? Are you willing to acknowledge that intimidating a reporter because you don't like the question is poor conduct and that he should apologize? Step out of your fanatic "vacuum" for a minute and think about that.
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2014 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    hawknation2014 wrote:

And again, your mistake is putting your fanaticism over decency. You say Harbaugh is "no angel," but what does that actually mean to you? Are you willing to acknowledge that intimidating a reporter because you don't like the question is poor conduct and that he should apologize? Step out of your fanatic "vacuum" for a minute and think about that.

Dude...Pot? Meet Kettle.

PLEASE tell me where Harbaugh was "intimidating" a reporter. LOL. Insane hyperbole right there. Harbaugh didn't want to answer the question. He was pretty damn clear about it. That's his right. Kawakami pressed like the sensationalist reporter that he is. Where is this "intimidation"? LOL.

That's a reach.

Harbaugh is no angel: As in he's a tough interview who won't always give a reporter what they want. He won't only not answer a question, he'll reject the entire premise because he knows what the reporter is trying to do. He can see the picture the reporter is trying to paint and rejects the entire thing. He's always been that way.

Reporters like Kawakami and the Cohns seem to think he owes them something. He doesn't. He owes his players something.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• The reason I asked my question Marvin is that Harbaugh immediately went to the "practiced those questions in the mirror" comment which seemed to be jumping the gun. It's possible Harbaugh saw the whole line of questioning coming and was immediately on the defensive. Another way of looking at it though is that Harbaugh's comment about him practicing in the mirror brought on the further difficult questions that he knew would get a rise out of Harbaugh. In my mind, Harbaugh really jumped the gun on being a jerk to Tim. He could have deflected that question really easily, instead he took the opportunity to slam Tim.
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

• bigtrain21 wrote:The reason I asked my question Marvin is that Harbaugh immediately went to the "practiced those questions in the mirror" comment which seemed to be jumping the gun. It's possible Harbaugh saw the whole line of questioning coming and was immediately on the defensive. Another way of looking at it though is that Harbaugh's comment about him practicing in the mirror brought on the further difficult questions that he knew would get a rise out of Harbaugh. In my mind, Harbaugh really jumped the gun on being a jerk to Tim. He could have deflected that question really easily, instead he took the opportunity to slam Tim.

I see how you can get that. I just have way to much experience watching Kawakami. The guy is a total hack. I just don't see him as a victim because he starts this crap...ALOT.

He's on CSNBayArea quite a bit down here and I routinely have to mute the TV or change the channel when he's talking.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO arrogant. Acts like players and coaches owe him something.

Just can't stand the guy.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• twisted_steel2 wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:"Defend! Deflect! Excuse!"Image

So that's what Marvin looks like!

That's what I've I imagined if that's his moms basement. Now people here are figuring out why I refer to him as "the 9'er excuse machine".
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• I am with Marvin on this. Is the douchebag innocent? No but the reporter has a history, I know this because I have read his stuff before. Dude has an agenda and this is personal between him and the douchebag.

Because of the personal nature and history between the douchebag and the reporter I can totally understand the douchebag's behavior.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• There's enough douchebaggery there on both sides to fill a reservoir. I'd rather have those proverbial bamboo shoots shoved under my fingernails than to be locked in a room with those two.
    TXHawk
    NET Rookie

• Marvin49 wrote:
    hawknation2014 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    hawknation2014 wrote:

Dude...Pot? Meet Kettle.

PLEASE tell me where Harbaugh was "intimidating" a reporter. LOL. Insane hyperbole right there. Harbaugh didn't want to answer the question. He was pretty damn clear about it. That's his right. Kawakami pressed like the sensationalist reporter that he is. Where is this "intimidation"? LOL.

That's a reach.

Harbaugh is no angel: As in he's a tough interview who won't always give a reporter what they want. He won't only not answer a question, he'll reject the entire premise because he knows what the reporter is trying to do. He can see the picture the reporter is trying to paint and rejects the entire thing. He's always been that way.

Reporters like Kawakami and the Cohns seem to think he owes them something. He doesn't. He owes his players something.

After reading the rest of this comment, it's clear you don't know what this expression means.
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2014 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    hawknation2014 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

Dude...Pot? Meet Kettle.

That's a reach.

After reading the rest of this comment, it's clear you don't know what this expression means.

Weak.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    hawknation2014 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:Dude...Pot? Meet Kettle.

Weak.

Now THIS would be the appropriate time to use that expression.
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

• Tough questions from the media? WHEN DID THIS NONSENSE START HAPPENING?!?!

Come on; reporters have had hard-ons for asking tough and awkward questions since Watergate. It's not anything new, and there's certainly a reasonable expectation that an NFL head coach deal with it more gracefully than Harbaugh does. Take the Belichick approach if you have to and just sit there saying nothing from time to time, haha.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• I don't like the Kawakami guy. I think he is more of a douchebag than Harbafreak. It is like he is trying to bait Hardouche into making a mistake. I would imagine that there are other media guys that would enjoy causing embarrassment to him.

There is something about Harbafreak that is wrong though. Regardless of Smith's sentence, he is a convicted felon x3 and misdemeanor x2, yet he is perfectly welcome in Niner land. That is totally Harbafreak's choice, he did say that he would give him every chance to contribute.

I wonder if Harbafreak is just allowing Smith to be there to keep him off the streets, like a baby sitter. Maybe Douchebaugh is just trying to prevent any further tarnishing of the puke and red. That makes total sense. Just imagine what Smith would be doing if he wasn't playing football, knowing he was going to be suspended? At this moment Smith is salvageable for games this season, but another mistake is catastrophic.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• therealjohncarlson wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:
    hawknation2014 wrote:bullying a reporter

To be fair the whole "You must have practiced that in front of the mirror" was kind of an asshole thing to say

Yeah, but I laughed...ugh this was the first time I didn't think Harbaugh was the biggest douche in the "room"
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

• loafoftatupu wrote:I don't like the Kawakami guy. I think he is more of a douchebag than Harbafreak. It is like he is trying to bait Hardouche into making a mistake. I would imagine that there are other media guys that would enjoy causing embarrassment to him.

There is something about Harbafreak that is wrong though. Regardless of Smith's sentence, he is a convicted felon x3 and misdemeanor x2, yet he is perfectly welcome in Niner land. That is totally Harbafreak's choice, he did say that he would give him every chance to contribute.

I wonder if Harbafreak is just allowing Smith to be there to keep him off the streets, like a baby sitter. Maybe Douchebaugh is just trying to prevent any further tarnishing of the puke and red. That makes total sense. Just imagine what Smith would be doing if he wasn't playing football, knowing he was going to be suspended? At this moment Smith is salvageable for games this season, but another mistake is catastrophic.

As a 49ers fan, I mostly agree with all of this.

----------------------

Here is a link about Tim K. He is the infamous reporter that got into a fight with a Raiders' FO personnel. Obviously the Raiders are not a franchise to emulate, but it just shows that Tim K has a knack of starting crap.

http://deadspin.com/5053785/its-just-al-in-the-darkness-now-tim-kawakami-discusses-his-run-in-at-raiders-headquarters

In this instance at Raiders HQ, I thought Tim was mostly in the right, but then you hear him keep asking "do you want to hit me? do you want to hit me?"

That's not only unprofessional, but also pretty idiotic.
    Front7vLOB
    NET Practice Squad

• loafoftatupu wrote:I don't like the Kawakami guy. I think he is more of a douchebag than Harbafreak. It is like he is trying to bait Hardouche into making a mistake. I would imagine that there are other media guys that would enjoy causing embarrassment to him.

Well we've already done the debate over Aldon and the charges...so not going to go over that again...

...but you are dead on about Kawakami and kinda the way Harbaugh approaches it.

He said recently that if someone asks him for help then he is going to do his best to help that person. I think that's what he sees in Aldon...a kid who has made some mistakes and is redeemable. You can (and most will) have the debate over whether or not he'd help someone less talented or productive, but to me the bottom line is that Aldon needs help and as of right now the 49ers are willing to help him get that help.

If this keeps happening tho....I think he's on a short string. According to some reports this morning, Aldon has made some promises to the front office. It's really on him now to stay clean.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• What a let down, I was expecting a meltdown :roll: In this case its pretty obvious there is history between these two, much ado about nothing , two jerks pushing each others buttons....
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:I don't like the Kawakami guy. I think he is more of a douchebag than Harbafreak. It is like he is trying to bait Hardouche into making a mistake. I would imagine that there are other media guys that would enjoy causing embarrassment to him.

Well we've already done the debate over Aldon and the charges...so not going to go over that again...

Im sorry.. did I miss something? What is it about my statement that is debatable?

Aldon Smith IS A CONVICTED FELON, regardless of the sentence. All I have "debated" is the outcome of that sentence.

You don't have to be a lawyer to understand that. Regardless of the sentence, the Niners have a convicted felon showing up for OTAs. Whether they have one on work release or probation is a different conversation.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• loafoftatupu wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:I don't like the Kawakami guy. I think he is more of a douchebag than Harbafreak. It is like he is trying to bait Hardouche into making a mistake. I would imagine that there are other media guys that would enjoy causing embarrassment to him.

Im sorry.. did I miss something? What is it about my statement that is debatable?

Aldon Smith IS A CONVICTED FELON, regardless of the sentence. All I have "debated" is the outcome of that sentence.

You don't have to be a lawyer to understand that. Regardless of the sentence, the Niners have a convicted felon showing up for OTAs. Whether they have one on work release or probation is a different conversation.

Your wasting your time. Marvin will never GET it!
    He will say "I get that but......" then he'll go on and on with a 4 paragraph word salad proving he doesn't get the point.
    He is strange, even for a whiner troll.
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• loafoftatupu wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

SMDH.

Even when I attempt not to discuss the issue in a post in which I'm mostly agree with you....you find the need to argue.

Sigh.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

He will say "I get that but......" then he'll go on and on with a 4 paragraph word salad proving he doesn't get the point.

This guy again...

Please enlighten me on what I don't "get".

Aldon plead No Contest. There is no deal. At no point have I said otherwise. Please school me on what I don't get.

All that's in question is what happens now.

The only discussion is what the lawyer was thinking in advising his client. Loaf says Aldon has simply thrown himself on the mercy of the court. All I'm sayin' is that the lawyer must have a pretty good idea what's about to happen if he advised his client to do so. That doesn't mean a deal...but that doesn't mean that the lawyer doesn't have a good idea what's going to happen.

For the life of me, I can't understand why this is so contentious an opinion.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:This guy again...

Aldon plead No Contest. There is no deal. At no point have I said otherwise. Please school me on what I don't get.

The only discussion is what the lawyer was thinking in advising his client. Loaf says Aldon has simply thrown himself on the mercy of the court. All I'm sayin' is that the lawyer must have a pretty good idea what's about to happen if he advised his client to do so. That doesn't mean a deal...but that doesn't mean that the lawyer doesn't have a good idea what's going to happen.

Aldon's lawyer likely advised him not to contest the three felony charges and repeat misdemeanor DUI because he knew they would not get a better deal and would lose if they went to trial. It's likely that the news of his recent misdemeanor bomb threat did not help Aldon's position for a more favorable plea deal. By not contesting the charges, he is merely hoping for a shorter jail/prison sentence from the sentencing judge.
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:n't like the Kawakami guy. I think he is more of a douchebag than Harbafreak. It is like he is trying to bait Hardouche into making a mistake. I would imagine that there are other media guys that would enjoy causing embarrassment to him.

This guy again...

The question I have for you is, have you EVER admitted to being wrong about anything without having a preamble statement before or a qualifying statement after it?

Have you ever admitted "I was wrong" and that was the end of the statement?

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• hawknation2014 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:This guy again...

Aldon's lawyer likely advised him not to contest the three felony charges and repeat misdemeanor DUI because he knew they would not get a better deal and would lose if they went to trial. It's likely that the news of his recent misdemeanor bomb threat did not help Aldon's position for a more favorable plea deal. By not contesting the charges, he is merely hoping for a shorter jail/prison sentence from the sentencing judge.

As I've said before...very possible. I don't think the LAX thing is a factor though as so far there are no charges and possibly won't be any.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    hawknation2014 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:This guy again...

As I've said before...very possible. I don't think the LAX thing is a factor though as so far there are no charges and possibly won't be any.

There's no doubt the bomb threat was a factor. Aldon wanted to present himself as the model citizen post-DUI and shootout at his house with illegal assault weapons. That chance for a plea deal was spoiled when the news of his bomb threat came out. He now continues to look like a serious danger to society whom a jury would consider unsympathetic and who is generally undeserving of lighter charges.
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:Aldon plead No Contest. There is no deal. At no point have I said otherwise. Please school me on what I don't get.

Ummmmm

Marvin49 wrote:3) BTW, I'm pretty sure he'll serve no jail time. Has nothing to do with whether or not I think he deserves to, I just don't think he'd have agreed to plead no contest if there wasn't some deal or recommendation in place.
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

• bigtrain21 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:Aldon plead No Contest. There is no deal. At no point have I said otherwise. Please school me on what I don't get.

Ummmmm

Marvin49 wrote:3) BTW, I'm pretty sure he'll serve no jail time. Has nothing to do with whether or not I think he deserves to, I just don't think he'd have agreed to plead no contest if there wasn't some deal or recommendation in place.

Marvin is in full spin mode.
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    SMDH.

Even when I attempt not to discuss the issue in a post in which I'm mostly agree with you....you find the need to argue.

Sigh.

There is nothing to argue. I won't speak another word of it if you answer these questions properly.

1. Did Aldon Smith plead no contest to all his charges?

2. Did the judge instruct Smith that he would find him guilty of all the charges based on the no contest plea as explained by the Deputy DA?

3. Do you realize that the conviction and sentence are 2 different things?

It's as simple as that and it is why I question the actions of Harbafreak. No, the sentence has not been made. You post about Harbafreak as if the findings in Smith's case are still in question, not just the sentencing, then claim it was debated when I am referencing facts that aren't debatable.

What I see in your post is that Harbafreak is waiting for for the sentencing in Smith's case to determine the action by the team. Is that accurate?

If so, I have to ask why? Are the Niners saying that Smith should be allowed to take part in team activities based on his punishment? Not the crime? Do you understand where I am going with that?
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• hawknation2014 wrote:
    bigtrain21 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:Aldon plead No Contest. There is no deal. At no point have I said otherwise. Please school me on what I don't get.

Ummmmm

oops. Forgot I said that. My bad.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• loafoftatupu wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    SMDH.

Sigh.

There is nothing to argue. I won't speak another word of it if you answer these questions properly.

2. Did the judge instruct Smith that he would find him guilty of all the charges based on the no contest plea as explained by the Deputy DA?

It's as simple as that and it is why I question the actions of Harbafreak. No, the sentence has not been made. You post about Harbafreak as if the findings in Smith's case are still in question, not just the sentencing, then claim it was debated when I am referencing facts that aren't debatable.

What I see in your post is that Harbafreak is waiting for for the sentencing in Smith's case to determine the action by the team. Is that accurate?

If so, I have to ask why? Are the Niners saying that Smith should be allowed to take part in team activities based on his punishment? Not the crime? Do you understand where I am going with that?

:13:
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2014 wrote:

YOU GET IT. To the smallest detail.

It's not likely that his lawyer advised him, it is fact. The lawyers did the best they could do. They did exactly what they should have. They packaged it, delayed it in hopes that some type of development or detail would open the door for a plea bargain. That didn't happen. Knowing they were going to lose they plea no-contest and take the same findings that a trial would have brought and also get the benefit of a lighter sentence for not wasting the State's time and money.

Either way, Smith is a convicted felon and Harbafreak is letting him participate as such. Even if he doesn't get an hour in jail, he has been convicted of 5 crimes, even if they were all misdemeanor offenses.
    Now how's that "Above reproach"? I am starting to understand Kawakami's little war in this one even if I think he is trying to bait Hardouche. Harbafreak is still likely a Ditka hardened bad ass. Kawakami better watch his step because if Harbafreak unleashes the Dragon he will smear the pavement with his antagonistic reporting ass.

I got Harbs in the first by KO. Possibly a choke out.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• loafoftatupu wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    SMDH.

Sigh.

1) Yes.

2) Yes.

3) Yes.

As for the "debate" argument, I think far too often we (and I'm guilty as well) are guilty of just picking out words in an attempt to be "right". I don't think what we've been talking about all along is all that different. When it comes down to it, I think we are pretty close to being on the same page over what Aldons punishment will be from the league. We differ a bit on what his sentence will likely be. I used the word debate only in the context that we discussed it before and wasn't about to go into that again while agreeing with what you had said otherwise.

As for the Harbaugh stuff....well of course he'll be allowed to participate until the legal system punishes him and the league steps in with its punishment. That's what every team would do.

Harbaugh isn't waiting for anything from a team standpoint because the team won't and shouldn't do anything. That's the leagues responsibility...in particular with the new CBA. Should you be suspended from work if you owned illegal guns? Got a DUI? Is it the teams responsibility make a judgment on events of a players personal life and to dole out punishment? Hell, most teams wouldn't have done what the Niners did LAST year and sending him away for 5 games in the middle of the season. Why is it incumbent on the 49ers do essentially punish Aldon a third time (so punishment coming from Legal System, League, AND team). Dude...no team would do that.

The 49ers will let the systems in place do what they do. It's that simple.

Aldon f'ed up. No question. He will be punished.
    Last edited by Marvin49 on Sat May 31, 2014 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    SMDH.

Sigh.

1) Yes.

2) Yes.

3) Yes.

As for the "debate" argument, I think far too often we (and I'm guilty as well) are guilty of just picking out words in an attempt to be "right". I don't think what we've been talking about all along is all that different. When it comes down to it, I think we are pretty close to being on the same page over what Aldons punishment will be from the league. We differ a bit on what his sentence will likely be. I used the word debate only in the context that we discussed it before and wasn't about to go into that again while agreeing with what you had said otherwise.

As for the Harbaugh stuff....well of course he'll be allowed to participate until the legal system punishes him and the league steps in with its punishment. That's what every team would do.

Harbaugh isn't waiting for anything from a team standpoint because the team won't and shouldn't do anything. That's the leagues responsibility...in particular with the new CBA. Should you be suspended from work if you owned illegal guns? Got a DUI? Is it the teams responsibility make a judgment on events of a players personal life and to dole out punishment? Hell, most teams wouldn't have done what the Niners did LAST year and sending him away for 5 games in the middle of the season. Why is it incumbent on the 49ers do essentially punish Aldon a third time (so punishment coming from Legal System, League, AND team). Dude...no team would do that.

OK.. very good. And I get your point about the league/team. It just seems a little "weird". Kind of that short period of time I had with girls between the time I signed my papers and actually left for the Navy. I knew I wasn't getting any after I left for a couple months but I might as well have played while I could.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• loafoftatupu wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    SMDH.

Sigh.

1) Yes.

2) Yes.

3) Yes.

OK.. very good. And I get your point about the league/team. It just seems a little "weird". Kind of that short period of time I had with girls between the time I signed my papers and actually left for the Navy. I knew I wasn't getting any after I left for a couple months but I might as well have played while I could.

lol

:D
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:Should you be suspended from work if you owned illegal guns?

Suspended?

No, my employer would instantly erase my existence. I just finished my paperwork for my annual background check on Friday.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• loafoftatupu wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:Should you be suspended from work if you owned illegal guns?

Suspended?

No, my employer would instantly erase my existence. I just finished my paperwork for my annual background check on Friday.

LOL....if you don't mind my asking, what do you do for a living?
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• loafoftatupu wrote:

Suspended?

Owned three illegal assault weapons that were uncovered during a shooting at your house that you took part in . . . after your second drunk driving incident in which you careened your vehicle into a tree, which easily could have been a person. And then you are arrested a FOURTH time for a bomb threat at LAX. Aldon has proven himself to be a dangerous and reckless individual who is willing to threaten the safety of others for his own gratification. Most people would be fired under those circumstances.
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    hawknation2014 wrote:
    bigtrain21 wrote:

Ummmmm

oops. Forgot I said that. My bad.

That seems to happen a lot to you, just sayin'....

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Marvin49 wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:

Suspended?

Troll exterminator. 8)

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Marvin49 wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:

Suspended?

I may or may not be employed by a large aerospace company and yes they really would shit can me if I had gun charges in my current position.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:

Suspended?

Troll exterminator. 8)

Always 2 there are, a Master and a student. Isn't that right master?
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• loafoftatupu wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:Should you be suspended from work if you owned illegal guns?

Suspended?

Troll exterminator. 8)

Always 2 there are, a Master and a student. Isn't that right master?

Truth ;)

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

PreviousNext

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:02 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information