Jim Harbaugh uses demeaning rhetoric against reporter

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
  • I do love his bald headed goon shaking his head and nodding right behind this Tim fellow the whole time the interview is going on, waiting for something bad to happen so he can FIX the situation :D
    User avatar
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2592
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Wa


  • Marvin49 wrote:<snippage>

    Should you be suspended from work if you owned illegal guns? Got a DUI?


    There certainly are companies that would--and legally could--suspend or fire an employee for those legal issues. The vast majority of Americans are "at will" employees, meaning we can be fired at any time for nearly any reason (obviously providing the employer doesn't illegally discriminate).
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    User avatar
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 4567
    Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:40 am
    Location: Southern CA


  • sc85sis wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:<snippage>

    Should you be suspended from work if you owned illegal guns? Got a DUI?


    There certainly are companies that would--and legally could--suspend or fire an employee for those legal issues. The vast majority of Americans are "at will" employees, meaning we can be fired at any time for nearly any reason (obviously providing the employer doesn't illegally discriminate).


    Darn straight. Some make it very clear when they feel like an employee could potentially cause embarrassment to the company or not qualify for the security clearance required to work on DOD jobs.

    Getting a single DUI is one thing, but even that carries trouble in my area. Breaking gun laws at my employer in my job? GONE.
    Eh... Whatever...
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5330
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


  • loafoftatupu wrote:
    sc85sis wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:<snippage>

    Should you be suspended from work if you owned illegal guns? Got a DUI?


    There certainly are companies that would--and legally could--suspend or fire an employee for those legal issues. The vast majority of Americans are "at will" employees, meaning we can be fired at any time for nearly any reason (obviously providing the employer doesn't illegally discriminate).


    Darn straight. Some make it very clear when they feel like an employee could potentially cause embarrassment to the company or not qualify for the security clearance required to work on DOD jobs.

    Getting a single DUI is one thing, but even that carries trouble in my area. Breaking gun laws at my employer in my job? GONE.


    I think it all really depends on what you do for a living.

    If you drive a school bus? Yeah, DUIs should get you fired.

    A cop? Yeah, getting charged for a felony in general might get you fired.

    Football players? Not so cut and dry. For the most part, they are entertainers. Do actors lose their jobs? Musicians?

    From a team perspective I think you have to take it on a case by case perspective and see how that player has an effect on the locker room. If you think the guy is a negative influence on the locker room, then he has to go. Its pretty clear that the 49ers feel that he isn't. Justin Smith has defended him in the past and I don't see Justin as the type of guy that puts up with a lot of BS.

    Does his talent level play a part? Abso-freakin-lutely. To say anything otherwise would be disingenuous. If a guy was barely hanging on to a roster spot, he's most likely really not worth the trouble. Bad PR if nothing else wouldn't be worth it.

    A guy who is as good as Aldon will get more latitude from a team...ANY team...than a scrub.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2551
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • I would think you would have to look at the good accomplishments of the perpetrator vs the bad and then use them in weighing a decision. Player in a circus (Dallas Cowboys) or operator of the camera that does charity work on his/her off time and messed up a few times. Those are things that make the person up. A scrub may be the most important person there...if the toilets are the issue. :mrgreen: :twisted: :stirthepot:
    Cats will rule the world...just ask my cat.
    Gollum had a ring...Bilbo took it...Frodo had it...Gollum got it back.
    Gollum never had OUR ring.
    User avatar
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1890
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:I think it all really depends on what you do for a living.

    If you drive a school bus? Yeah, DUIs should get you fired.

    A cop? Yeah, getting charged for a felony in general might get you fired.

    Football players? Not so cut and dry. For the most part, they are entertainers. Do actors lose their jobs? Musicians?

    From a team perspective I think you have to take it on a case by case perspective and see how that player has an effect on the locker room. If you think the guy is a negative influence on the locker room, then he has to go. Its pretty clear that the 49ers feel that he isn't. Justin Smith has defended him in the past and I don't see Justin as the type of guy that puts up with a lot of BS.

    Does his talent level play a part? Abso-freakin-lutely. To say anything otherwise would be disingenuous. If a guy was barely hanging on to a roster spot, he's most likely really not worth the trouble. Bad PR if nothing else wouldn't be worth it.

    A guy who is as good as Aldon will get more latitude from a team...ANY team...than a scrub.


    Why are you still pretending Aldon's only criminal offense is drunk driving?

    Aldon is 24 years old and now has two drunk driving convictions-- in the most recent incident, he smashed his car into a tree with a BAC of .15. You are also conveniently forgetting that he is facing two felonies for illegal weapons possessions-- illegal assault weapons were discovered after two people were shot at a party at his house, and while Aldson admitted he fired a gun into the air, no one has been willing to identify the shooter at his party. His fourth and most recent arrest was for a bomb threat at LAX.

    If you're telling me the average, reasonable employer would not fire their employee under these same circumstances, after FOUR arrests, for a total of three misdemeanors and two felonies, then your defense of Aldon and the 49ers has made you completely out of touch with reality. People get fired every day for much less. People get fired for being late to work, much less missing work after being arrested four times or going to rehab for two months. Aldon has continually jeopardized the public's safety and shown a habitual disrespect for the law. His fifth-year option should not have been picked up by the 49ers if they had any respect for those things.

    I await more of your myopic, fan-fueled excuse making.
    User avatar
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1331
    Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:59 am


  • I still don't get why people try to compare pro athletes to "regular" jobs when it comes to this. A star athlete will get preferential treatment from his team and the league. It has always been that way and will most likely always be that way. And i really don't get why some people get all sanctimonious when teams don't come out and say that. No team will come out and say the player is getting special treatment because he is a star and wins games.
    User avatar
    NorCal
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 252
    Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:10 pm


  • NorCal wrote:I still don't get why people try to compare pro athletes to "regular" jobs when it comes to this.


    Because Marvin was stupid enough to try to make that comparison.
    User avatar
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1331
    Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:59 am


  • Marvin, go read the NFL player contract and see what these guys agree to.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 24210
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


  • hawknation2014 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:I think it all really depends on what you do for a living.

    If you drive a school bus? Yeah, DUIs should get you fired.

    A cop? Yeah, getting charged for a felony in general might get you fired.

    Football players? Not so cut and dry. For the most part, they are entertainers. Do actors lose their jobs? Musicians?

    From a team perspective I think you have to take it on a case by case perspective and see how that player has an effect on the locker room. If you think the guy is a negative influence on the locker room, then he has to go. Its pretty clear that the 49ers feel that he isn't. Justin Smith has defended him in the past and I don't see Justin as the type of guy that puts up with a lot of BS.

    Does his talent level play a part? Abso-freakin-lutely. To say anything otherwise would be disingenuous. If a guy was barely hanging on to a roster spot, he's most likely really not worth the trouble. Bad PR if nothing else wouldn't be worth it.

    A guy who is as good as Aldon will get more latitude from a team...ANY team...than a scrub.


    Why are you still pretending Aldon's only criminal offense is drunk driving?

    Aldon is 24 years old and now has two drunk driving convictions-- in the most recent incident, he smashed his car into a tree with a BAC of .15. You are also conveniently forgetting that he is facing two felonies for illegal weapons possessions-- illegal assault weapons were discovered after two people were shot at a party at his house, and while Aldson admitted he fired a gun into the air, no one has been willing to identify the shooter at his party. His fourth and most recent arrest was for a bomb threat at LAX.

    If you're telling me the average, reasonable employer would not fire their employee under these same circumstances, after FOUR arrests, for a total of three misdemeanors and two felonies, then your defense of Aldon and the 49ers has made you completely out of touch with reality. People get fired every day for much less. People get fired for being late to work, much less missing work after being arrested four times or going to rehab for two months. Aldon has continually jeopardized the public's safety and shown a habitual disrespect for the law. His fifth-year option should not have been picked up by the 49ers if they had any respect for those things.

    I await more of your myopic, fan-fueled excuse making.


    oi.

    1) First of all, I am not pretending anything. Stop with the straw man. I didn't say anything about Aldons offenses. I was simply making a point about what would happen to other people in other walks of life.

    2) I would say that its possible most employers WOULDN'T EVEN KNOW if had happened to their employee. I'm not sure but I don't even think it would be legal for an employer to fire an employee about something that happened outside the workplace. Sure, there are jobs where you will sign contracts that mediate some of the things you do outside of work, but a felony (or multiple) doesn't automatically get you fired in most jobs. I would suspect it would really depend on the crime. Murder? Yeah, a case can be made for the safety of people in the workplace. Rape? of course. Possession of illegal firearms? hrmmm....no so sure.

    As for his "missing work" etc....absolutely true. People can be fired for being late, not showing up, etc. Its between the employer and the employee though what happens in those instances and often depend on how valuable that employee is to the company.

    Does Aldon get the benefit of the doubt and keep his job when others might not? Absolutely. Why? Because he's a valuable commodity on the field. I don't think any team would treat him any differently. You are kidding yourself if you think any different. If you were a hugely valuable commodity in the workplace they'd let you get away with more as well. Thats life.

    3) Please. The fifth year option? Of COURSE they should have picked it up. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't understand the option. There is no guarantee there. If Aldon screws up, he's done. He's cut. No money given to him. If he turns it around they save HUGE against the cap because the difference between that option and the franchise tag is LARGE. NOT using the option would have made a point....and the point would have been that the 49ers are brain dead.

    4) Dude...why are you even arguing. I wasn't even defending Aldon in that post. LOL. Sometimes i think you guys are just looking for a reason to argue.
    Last edited by Marvin49 on Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2551
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • hawknation2014 wrote:
    NorCal wrote:I still don't get why people try to compare pro athletes to "regular" jobs when it comes to this.


    Because Marvin was stupid enough to try to make that comparison.


    oh no.

    He thinks I'm stupid. How will I live with myself.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2551
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • RolandDeschain wrote:Marvin, go read the NFL player contract and see what these guys agree to.


    Well of course its within the teams rights to let him go. That isn't my point though.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2551
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • sc85sis wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:<snippage>

    Should you be suspended from work if you owned illegal guns? Got a DUI?


    There certainly are companies that would--and legally could--suspend or fire an employee for those legal issues. The vast majority of Americans are "at will" employees, meaning we can be fired at any time for nearly any reason (obviously providing the employer doesn't illegally discriminate).


    I've got a union job which provides some protections but in my field if I had a rap sheet like Aldon Smith's I would have been escorted from the building by security long ago. But then I don't have much of a swim move.
    User avatar
    TXHawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 117
    Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 7:03 am
    Location: Arlington, TX


  • TXHawk wrote:
    sc85sis wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:<snippage>

    Should you be suspended from work if you owned illegal guns? Got a DUI?


    There certainly are companies that would--and legally could--suspend or fire an employee for those legal issues. The vast majority of Americans are "at will" employees, meaning we can be fired at any time for nearly any reason (obviously providing the employer doesn't illegally discriminate).


    I've got a union job which provides some protections but in my field if I had a rap sheet like Aldon Smith's I would have been escorted from the building by security long ago. But then I don't have much of a swim move.

    As would most jobs TX. I get it though, star player (but is he REALLY that good?) lots of sacks and young. A team that already has that will over look it because they know that even if fans hated Smith for being a criminal that if he plays good and the Niners win nobody will care. Most employers would fire a guy for 3 felony convictions no matter what they are. In addition, most employers would know about the convictions because they would be aware of the investigation (Marvin said that they might not even know) The popo would go out of their way to include the employer just to set the tone for the case.

    Some teams would cut a guy like Smith, Pittsburgh probably would, but that stuff doesn't bother me. Its a team choice. What bothers me is that wearing a Niner uniform means automatic reprieve from committing felonies that would ruin the lives of normal people. It isn't about money, the lawyer pled no contest. Any lawyer can tell you to do that. There are guys in prison for less. It is the same system that doesn't charge a guy for using a beer bottle as a weapon.

    The Niners know Smith is going to get sissy slapped, that's why Smith is in OTAs. They need their moron offsides machine on the field. No Bowman, what about Cully? Harbafreak doesn't give a crap about being "above reproach" he only cares about what the league imposes on his roster. A new group in the secondary needs that LBing set. One that looks a lot more friendly without Smith and Bowman.

    I am excited to see Smith coming into the neutral zone in 2014. This is a guy who did it on the goal line to get the Hawks out of a jam and arguably cost the Niners a real chance at winning the NFCC because he is stupid on 4th and 7. But Harbafreak will stand by his side and trade those sacks for stupidity.
    Eh... Whatever...
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5330
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


  • TXHawk wrote:
    sc85sis wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:<snippage>

    Should you be suspended from work if you owned illegal guns? Got a DUI?


    There certainly are companies that would--and legally could--suspend or fire an employee for those legal issues. The vast majority of Americans are "at will" employees, meaning we can be fired at any time for nearly any reason (obviously providing the employer doesn't illegally discriminate).


    I've got a union job which provides some protections but in my field if I had a rap sheet like Aldon Smith's I would have been escorted from the building by security long ago. But then I don't have much of a swim move.

    Same boat I'm in. Smoking a joint alone would very possibly cost me my job, even though it's legal in the state of Washington. I am also a shop steward so I have a quasi-target on my back as is, so unless the company (a national company) changes it's policy and says you CAN smoke a J or ingest some "special brownies" when when your off, no potweed for me. :(

    Oh, and they can drug test us if they have "reasonable suspicion"...... Translation: if you piss off management or look at em crosseyed when they are on the rag, and they don't like it, they can make you go to the drug test place and take a pee test, blood test, or hair test.
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10819
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    TXHawk wrote:
    sc85sis wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:<snippage>

    Should you be suspended from work if you owned illegal guns? Got a DUI?


    There certainly are companies that would--and legally could--suspend or fire an employee for those legal issues. The vast majority of Americans are "at will" employees, meaning we can be fired at any time for nearly any reason (obviously providing the employer doesn't illegally discriminate).


    I've got a union job which provides some protections but in my field if I had a rap sheet like Aldon Smith's I would have been escorted from the building by security long ago. But then I don't have much of a swim move.

    Same boat I'm in. Smoking a joint alone would very possibly cost me my job, even though it's legal in the state of Washington. I am also a shop steward so I have a quasi-target on my back as is, so unless the company (a national company) changes it's policy and says you CAN smoke a J or ingest some "special brownies" when when your off, no potweed for me. :(

    Oh, and they can drug test us if they have "reasonable suspicion"...... Translation: if you piss off management or look at em crosseyed when they are on the rag, and they don't like it, they can make you go to the drug test place and take a pee test, blood test, or hair test.


    Dumbass dude at work got fired for admitting to eating brownies before a piss test. The idiot didn't even just take the test first. He snitched on himself and got escorted off the premises immediately
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6861
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


  • loafoftatupu wrote:
    TXHawk wrote:
    sc85sis wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:<snippage>

    Should you be suspended from work if you owned illegal guns? Got a DUI?


    There certainly are companies that would--and legally could--suspend or fire an employee for those legal issues. The vast majority of Americans are "at will" employees, meaning we can be fired at any time for nearly any reason (obviously providing the employer doesn't illegally discriminate).


    I've got a union job which provides some protections but in my field if I had a rap sheet like Aldon Smith's I would have been escorted from the building by security long ago. But then I don't have much of a swim move.

    As would most jobs TX. I get it though, star player (but is he REALLY that good?) lots of sacks and young. A team that already has that will over look it because they know that even if fans hated Smith for being a criminal that if he plays good and the Niners win nobody will care. Most employers would fire a guy for 3 felony convictions no matter what they are. In addition, most employers would know about the convictions because they would be aware of the investigation (Marvin said that they might not even know) The popo would go out of their way to include the employer just to set the tone for the case.

    Some teams would cut a guy like Smith, Pittsburgh probably would, but that stuff doesn't bother me. Its a team choice. What bothers me is that wearing a Niner uniform means automatic reprieve from committing felonies that would ruin the lives of normal people. It isn't about money, the lawyer pled no contest. Any lawyer can tell you to do that. There are guys in prison for less. It is the same system that doesn't charge a guy for using a beer bottle as a weapon.

    The Niners know Smith is going to get sissy slapped, that's why Smith is in OTAs. They need their moron offsides machine on the field. No Bowman, what about Cully? Harbafreak doesn't give a crap about being "above reproach" he only cares about what the league imposes on his roster. A new group in the secondary needs that LBing set. One that looks a lot more friendly without Smith and Bowman.

    I am excited to see Smith coming into the neutral zone in 2014. This is a guy who did it on the goal line to get the Hawks out of a jam and arguably cost the Niners a real chance at winning the NFCC because he is stupid on 4th and 7. But Harbafreak will stand by his side and trade those sacks for stupidity.



    First Bold: Yes.


    Second Bold: Oh please. ENOUGH of the conspiracy theories about 49ers players and law enforcement. Aldon and others are getting the "I have an expensive lawyer" treatment. It ain't fair but that's life. If you can afford expensive representation than you will likely get a better defense. That's ANYONE with a big bank account.

    If I get in trouble and I had the means I'd hire a good lawyer as well. Who wouldn't? Somebody of course is now about to accuse me of minimizing or whatever but come on...lets be real. Rich people get much better legal representation than people without means. It ain't cool. I don't approve. That does not however mean there is a 49ers conspiracy.


    Third Bold: Is it the teams responsibility to hand out punishment to players when there is already a mechanism in place with the league to do exactly that? Why should the 49ers do anything with Aldon if the league will as well? Hell, they already sent him to rehab LAST year forcing him to miss 5 games and hardly play in 2 more. They were under no mandate to do so and could have had him play all the way through those games because the league wouldn't have stepped in yet. It's kinda double speak to say that the 49ers are just sitting back and doing nothing when they already did something last year and the league already has a mechanism to handle these types of issues.

    No team would be imposing it's own punishment right now.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2551
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • loafoftatupu wrote:
    TXHawk wrote:
    sc85sis wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:<snippage>

    Should you be suspended from work if you owned illegal guns? Got a DUI?


    There certainly are companies that would--and legally could--suspend or fire an employee for those legal issues. The vast majority of Americans are "at will" employees, meaning we can be fired at any time for nearly any reason (obviously providing the employer doesn't illegally discriminate).


    I've got a union job which provides some protections but in my field if I had a rap sheet like Aldon Smith's I would have been escorted from the building by security long ago. But then I don't have much of a swim move.

    As would most jobs TX. I get it though, star player (but is he REALLY that good?) lots of sacks and young. A team that already has that will over look it because they know that even if fans hated Smith for being a criminal that if he plays good and the Niners win nobody will care. Most employers would fire a guy for 3 felony convictions no matter what they are. In addition, most employers would know about the convictions because they would be aware of the investigation (Marvin said that they might not even know) The popo would go out of their way to include the employer just to set the tone for the case.

    Some teams would cut a guy like Smith, Pittsburgh probably would, but that stuff doesn't bother me. Its a team choice. What bothers me is that wearing a Niner uniform means automatic reprieve from committing felonies that would ruin the lives of normal people. It isn't about money, the lawyer pled no contest. Any lawyer can tell you to do that. There are guys in prison for less. It is the same system that doesn't charge a guy for using a beer bottle as a weapon.

    The Niners know Smith is going to get sissy slapped, that's why Smith is in OTAs. They need their moron offsides machine on the field. No Bowman, what about Cully? Harbafreak doesn't give a crap about being "above reproach" he only cares about what the league imposes on his roster. A new group in the secondary needs that LBing set. One that looks a lot more friendly without Smith and Bowman.

    I am excited to see Smith coming into the neutral zone in 2014. This is a guy who did it on the goal line to get the Hawks out of a jam and arguably cost the Niners a real chance at winning the NFCC because he is stupid on 4th and 7. But Harbafreak will stand by his side and trade those sacks for stupidity.


    I find it oddly strange that Seahawk fans will debate Aldon Smith's talent level on top of all the legal nonsense going on.

    In terms of peak talent, he as is good or better than anybody on the Seahawks defense.

    If it was Sherman or Thomas or Chancellor facing similar legal issues, the Seahawk FO will treat the situation no different than the 49ers, maybe even go easier on their star player. Pete and John are supposedly more enlightened and understanding, right?

    This whole thing is comical.
    NINEster
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 193
    Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 7:06 pm


  • NINEster wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:
    TXHawk wrote:
    sc85sis wrote:
    There certainly are companies that would--and legally could--suspend or fire an employee for those legal issues. The vast majority of Americans are "at will" employees, meaning we can be fired at any time for nearly any reason (obviously providing the employer doesn't illegally discriminate).


    I've got a union job which provides some protections but in my field if I had a rap sheet like Aldon Smith's I would have been escorted from the building by security long ago. But then I don't have much of a swim move.

    As would most jobs TX. I get it though, star player (but is he REALLY that good?) lots of sacks and young. A team that already has that will over look it because they know that even if fans hated Smith for being a criminal that if he plays good and the Niners win nobody will care. Most employers would fire a guy for 3 felony convictions no matter what they are. In addition, most employers would know about the convictions because they would be aware of the investigation (Marvin said that they might not even know) The popo would go out of their way to include the employer just to set the tone for the case.

    Some teams would cut a guy like Smith, Pittsburgh probably would, but that stuff doesn't bother me. Its a team choice. What bothers me is that wearing a Niner uniform means automatic reprieve from committing felonies that would ruin the lives of normal people. It isn't about money, the lawyer pled no contest. Any lawyer can tell you to do that. There are guys in prison for less. It is the same system that doesn't charge a guy for using a beer bottle as a weapon.

    The Niners know Smith is going to get sissy slapped, that's why Smith is in OTAs. They need their moron offsides machine on the field. No Bowman, what about Cully? Harbafreak doesn't give a crap about being "above reproach" he only cares about what the league imposes on his roster. A new group in the secondary needs that LBing set. One that looks a lot more friendly without Smith and Bowman.

    I am excited to see Smith coming into the neutral zone in 2014. This is a guy who did it on the goal line to get the Hawks out of a jam and arguably cost the Niners a real chance at winning the NFCC because he is stupid on 4th and 7. But Harbafreak will stand by his side and trade those sacks for stupidity.


    I find it oddly strange that Seahawk fans will debate Aldon Smith's talent level on top of all the legal nonsense going on.

    In terms of peak talent, he as is good or better than anybody on the Seahawks defense.

    If it was Sherman or Thomas or Chancellor facing similar legal issues, the Seahawk FO will treat the situation no different than the 49ers, maybe even go easier on their star player. Pete and John are supposedly more enlightened and understanding, right?

    This whole thing is comical.


    Oh crap. This won't end well...
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2551
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    NINEster wrote:


    In terms of peak talent, he as is good or better than anybody on the Seahawks defense.



    Oh crap. This won't end well...


    There was only one pile of fresh cowpattie available....and he stepped into it....I think maybe facefirst too. Aldon that is. :mrgreen:
    Cats will rule the world...just ask my cat.
    Gollum had a ring...Bilbo took it...Frodo had it...Gollum got it back.
    Gollum never had OUR ring.
    User avatar
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1890
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm


  • NINEster wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:
    TXHawk wrote:
    sc85sis wrote:
    Should you be suspended from work if you owned illegal guns? Got a DUI?

    There certainly are companies that would--and legally could--suspend or fire an employee for those legal issues. The vast majority of Americans are "at will" employees, meaning we can be fired at any time for nearly any reason (obviously providing the employer doesn't illegally discriminate).


    I've got a union job which provides some protections but in my field if I had a rap sheet like Aldon Smith's I would have been escorted from the building by security long ago. But then I don't have much of a swim move.

    As would most jobs TX. I get it though, star player (but is he REALLY that good?) lots of sacks and young. A team that already has that will over look it because they know that even if fans hated Smith for being a criminal that if he plays good and the Niners win nobody will care. Most employers would fire a guy for 3 felony convictions no matter what they are. In addition, most employers would know about the convictions because they would be aware of the investigation (Marvin said that they might not even know) The popo would go out of their way to include the employer just to set the tone for the case.

    Some teams would cut a guy like Smith, Pittsburgh probably would, but that stuff doesn't bother me. Its a team choice. What bothers me is that wearing a Niner uniform means automatic reprieve from committing felonies that would ruin the lives of normal people. It isn't about money, the lawyer pled no contest. Any lawyer can tell you to do that. There are guys in prison for less. It is the same system that doesn't charge a guy for using a beer bottle as a weapon.

    The Niners know Smith is going to get sissy slapped, that's why Smith is in OTAs. They need their moron offsides machine on the field. No Bowman, what about Cully? Harbafreak doesn't give a crap about being "above reproach" he only cares about what the league imposes on his roster. A new group in the secondary needs that LBing set. One that looks a lot more friendly without Smith and Bowman.

    I am excited to see Smith coming into the neutral zone in 2014. This is a guy who did it on the goal line to get the Hawks out of a jam and arguably cost the Niners a real chance at winning the NFCC because he is stupid on 4th and 7. But Harbafreak will stand by his side and trade those sacks for stupidity.


    I find it oddly strange that Seahawk fans will debate Aldon Smith's talent level on top of all the legal nonsense going on.

    In terms of peak talent, he as is good or better than anybody on the Seahawks defense.

    If it was Sherman or Thomas or Chancellor facing similar legal issues, the Seahawk FO will treat the situation no different than the 49ers, maybe even go easier on their star player. Pete and John are supposedly more enlightened and understanding, right?

    This whole thing is comical.

    Too easy, anyone else want this??????????? 8)
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10819
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    NINEster wrote:I find it oddly strange that Seahawk fans will debate Aldon Smith's talent level on top of all the legal nonsense going on.

    In terms of peak talent, he as is good or better than anybody on the Seahawks defense.

    If it was Sherman or Thomas or Chancellor facing similar legal issues, the Seahawk FO will treat the situation no different than the 49ers, maybe even go easier on their star player. Pete and John are supposedly more enlightened and understanding, right?

    This whole thing is comical.

    Too easy, anyone else want this??????????? 8)

    To do it properly, would truly require an outline and some pre-writing. That would be the best way to organize the essay mandated to provide an effective response.

    Then I would suggest shackifying the post and giving it some genuine feeling.

    Either way, there are a number of us qualified to produce an effective response to this belly-high fastball down the middle.
    Eh... Whatever...
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5330
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


  • loafoftatupu wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    NINEster wrote:I find it oddly strange that Seahawk fans will debate Aldon Smith's talent level on top of all the legal nonsense going on.

    In terms of peak talent, he as is good or better than anybody on the Seahawks defense.

    If it was Sherman or Thomas or Chancellor facing similar legal issues, the Seahawk FO will treat the situation no different than the 49ers, maybe even go easier on their star player. Pete and John are supposedly more enlightened and understanding, right?

    This whole thing is comical.

    Too easy, anyone else want this??????????? 8)

    To do it properly, would truly require an outline and some pre-writing. That would be the best way to organize the essay mandated to provide an effective response.

    Then I would suggest shackifying the post and giving it some genuine feeling.

    Either way, there are a number of us qualified to produce an effective response to this belly-high fastball down the middle.


    I think we definitely shouldn't be going into hypotheticals with what would happen had this been a seahawks star player. I think what Harbaugh would love to say is that Aldon may be dumb as a doorknob off the field, but he does something as good or better than everyone else in the league, sacking the QB. That skill makes him a rich person and therefore he can let his expensive lawyers worry about the dumb stuff he does off the field. It is all based on his talent, if he was not as good at sacking the QB he would have been cut and would be out of the NFL in all likelihood. Since he excels at sacking the QB, all 32 teams in the league improve with him on the roster. How nasty would he make Arizona's defense? yeah that's why you don't cut him.
    4freakin9
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 80
    Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:53 am


  • 4freakin9 wrote:I think we definitely shouldn't be going into hypotheticals with what would happen had this been a seahawks star player.


    The Seahawks refused to re-sign Brandon Browner and Walter Thurmond this off season. And all they did was get caught with marijuana in their system, which is legal in Washington state. They didn't get arrested multiple times.

    Had one of our players been arrested FOUR times for two felonies, a bomb threat, and twice jeopardizing the public's safety by driving extremely drunk, there is no way the Seahawks would have picked up their option.

    Are we supposed to be surprised by the 49er's reaction to Aldon Smith and Chris Culiver when the franchise is run by the family of a convicted felon?
    User avatar
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1331
    Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:59 am


  • Who knows what PC would do with a convicted felon? The Hawks haven't yet had that issue. Some Niner fans say PC runs a PED program, yet one player that failed a test in the last offseason remains on the roster. The others are gone. Maybe PC doesn't just cut them, but he doesn't keep them.
    Eh... Whatever...
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5330
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


  • NINEster wrote:
    I find it oddly strange that Seahawk fans will debate Aldon Smith's talent level on top of all the legal nonsense going on.

    In terms of peak talent, he as is good or better than anybody on the Seahawks defense.

    If it was Sherman or Thomas or Chancellor facing similar legal issues, the Seahawk FO will treat the situation no different than the 49ers, maybe even go easier on their star player. Pete and John are supposedly more enlightened and understanding, right?

    This whole thing is comical.



    I know one thing that can't be argued, that if Smith is so important to Harbadouche and the Niners, that the time he is suspended is going to hurt in a big way with my favorite Niner player in Bowman injured.

    I have to ask, if Aldon Smith is better than any Seahawk defender, that with the awesomeness that is Bowman, Willis, Cowboy and Brooks why are the Hawks better on defense? Why is it that Wilson can outplay KaeperSpaz every game they have faced each other regardless of venue? Shall we compare turnovers to TDs? Yards?

    Why is it that Lynch can have great games against the Niners, with some great TD runs, but Gore gets one big run in 4 games when they match up?

    If Aldon Smith is better than any Seahawk, how come they can't stop that production anymore? If he is that great, then the other Niner stars out match the Hawks by a mile.

    I don't remember the Hawks going offsides in obvious hard count situations.
    Eh... Whatever...
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5330
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


  • :I
    loafoftatupu wrote:
    NINEster wrote:
    I find it oddly strange that Seahawk fans will debate Aldon Smith's talent level on top of all the legal nonsense going on.

    In terms of peak talent, he as is good or better than anybody on the Seahawks defense.

    If it was Sherman or Thomas or Chancellor facing similar legal issues, the Seahawk FO will treat the situation no different than the 49ers, maybe even go easier on their star player. Pete and John are supposedly more enlightened and understanding, right?

    This whole thing is comical.



    I know one thing that can't be argued, that if Smith is so important to Harbadouche and the Niners, that the time he is suspended is going to hurt in a big way with my favorite Niner player in Bowman injured.

    I have to ask, if Aldon Smith is better than any Seahawk defender, that with the awesomeness that is Bowman, Willis, Cowboy and Brooks why are the Hawks better on defense? Why is it that Wilson can outplay KaeperSpaz every game they have faced each other regardless of venue? Shall we compare turnovers to TDs? Yards?

    Why is it that Lynch can have great games against the Niners, with some great TD runs, but Gore gets one big run in 4 games when they match up?

    If Aldon Smith is better than any Seahawk, how come they can't stop that production anymore? If he is that great, then the other Niner stars out match the Hawks by a mile.

    I don't remember the Hawks going offsides in obvious hard count situations.

    That's some ownage right there! :th2thumbs:
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10819
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


  • Sports Hernia wrote::I
    loafoftatupu wrote:
    NINEster wrote:
    I find it oddly strange that Seahawk fans will debate Aldon Smith's talent level on top of all the legal nonsense going on.

    In terms of peak talent, he as is good or better than anybody on the Seahawks defense.

    If it was Sherman or Thomas or Chancellor facing similar legal issues, the Seahawk FO will treat the situation no different than the 49ers, maybe even go easier on their star player. Pete and John are supposedly more enlightened and understanding, right?

    This whole thing is comical.



    I know one thing that can't be argued, that if Smith is so important to Harbadouche and the Niners, that the time he is suspended is going to hurt in a big way with my favorite Niner player in Bowman injured.

    I have to ask, if Aldon Smith is better than any Seahawk defender, that with the awesomeness that is Bowman, Willis, Cowboy and Brooks why are the Hawks better on defense? Why is it that Wilson can outplay KaeperSpaz every game they have faced each other regardless of venue? Shall we compare turnovers to TDs? Yards?

    Why is it that Lynch can have great games against the Niners, with some great TD runs, but Gore gets one big run in 4 games when they match up?

    If Aldon Smith is better than any Seahawk, how come they can't stop that production anymore? If he is that great, then the other Niner stars out match the Hawks by a mile.

    I don't remember the Hawks going offsides in obvious hard count situations.

    That's some ownage right there! :th2thumbs:


    LOL owned all right. What cracks me up is that the last team to win an away game between these two squads is the niners. That was back in 2011 which shows how much home field matters in this matchup. Kap is 1-3 against you guys but has traveled to seattle in 3 of the 4 matches, that aint easy. Maybe it wouldn't look as schewed if Seattle had actually beat Atl in 2012 playoffs forcing Wilson to win one in SF in the playoffs. Instead Kap had to travel to Atl and win there instead. Until Wilson actually wins a game in SF or Kap wins one in Seattle, nobody is owning nothin. The only difference last season was the one game better Seattle had on the niners in the regular season record, and for that they were the better team last year.
    4freakin9
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 80
    Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:53 am


  • loafoftatupu wrote:Who knows what PC would do with a convicted felon? The Hawks haven't yet had that issue. Some Niner fans say PC runs a PED program, yet one player that failed a test in the last offseason remains on the roster. The others are gone. Maybe PC doesn't just cut them, but he doesn't keep them.


    Let's not forget Sherman was a technicality (cracked specimen cup) away from being fine and punished for PED use. His piss sample still tested positive, just couldn't be used because it was transferred to another cup.

    Aldon is no different than any one of many pro athletes, movie stars, cops, judges, etc. These people are not going to be treated the same as John Q. Public. I don't even know why you waste your time debating this? He's not the first and won't be the last.

    Everyone needs to just take off their team glasses and move on and stop beating a dead horse.
    User avatar
    lvnginhwktwn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 679
    Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:41 am


  • 4freakin9 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote::I
    loafoftatupu wrote:
    NINEster wrote:
    I find it oddly strange that Seahawk fans will debate Aldon Smith's talent level on top of all the legal nonsense going on.

    In terms of peak talent, he as is good or better than anybody on the Seahawks defense.

    If it was Sherman or Thomas or Chancellor facing similar legal issues, the Seahawk FO will treat the situation no different than the 49ers, maybe even go easier on their star player. Pete and John are supposedly more enlightened and understanding, right?

    This whole thing is comical.



    I know one thing that can't be argued, that if Smith is so important to Harbadouche and the Niners, that the time he is suspended is going to hurt in a big way with my favorite Niner player in Bowman injured.

    I have to ask, if Aldon Smith is better than any Seahawk defender, that with the awesomeness that is Bowman, Willis, Cowboy and Brooks why are the Hawks better on defense? Why is it that Wilson can outplay KaeperSpaz every game they have faced each other regardless of venue? Shall we compare turnovers to TDs? Yards?

    Why is it that Lynch can have great games against the Niners, with some great TD runs, but Gore gets one big run in 4 games when they match up?

    If Aldon Smith is better than any Seahawk, how come they can't stop that production anymore? If he is that great, then the other Niner stars out match the Hawks by a mile.

    I don't remember the Hawks going offsides in obvious hard count situations.

    That's some ownage right there! :th2thumbs:


    LOL owned all right. What cracks me up is that the last team to win an away game between these two squads is the niners. That was back in 2011 which shows how much home field matters in this matchup. Kap is 1-3 against you guys but has traveled to seattle in 3 of the 4 matches, that aint easy. Maybe it wouldn't look as schewed if Seattle had actually beat Atl in 2012 playoffs forcing Wilson to win one in SF in the playoffs. Instead Kap had to travel to Atl and win there instead. Until Wilson actually wins a game in SF or Kap wins one in Seattle, nobody is owning nothin. The only difference last season was the one game better Seattle had on the niners in the regular season record, and for that they were the better team last year.



    If you have to include the Tarvaris Jackson and before years then you have already lost the argument. Even you know those were rebuilding years to put the team together that has thunder stomped your Niners by 29, 26 and 6 while you have won one game at 7 and the other game by 2 that was a bad call away from being a loss and that game (and the NFCC game) featured Crabtree and Boldin while Seattle was without Harvin and Rice. If that is not ownage then I don't know what is and don't kid yourself if the situation were reversed and you lost while missing key players Niner fans would be using that as the ultimate excuse. See the 29-3 drubbing without Crabtree or the 42-13 demoralization without Cowboy. How many times did we hear that Aldon's shoulder was hurting?

    Can you imagine the beating we would have put on you if you were without Crabtree and Boldin while we had Harvin and Rice on the field? Yeah that would probably be worse than the 42-13 thrashing you took even if it were at Candlestick and you absolutely know it.

    Think about it for a second. If they don't actually CHANGE the call on Crabtree's fumble (unbelievable they actually changed the call to prevent a challenge that would have overturned the call and gave Seattle the possession while taking points off the board for the Niners) Wilson wins in Candlestick without Harvin or Rice while you had both Crabtree and Boldin.

    Thank your lucky stars because if not for that call there is no better description of ownage right there and anyone with an ounce of common sense knows this. .
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2912
    Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am


  • LOL owned all right. What cracks me up is that the last team to win an away game between these two squads is the niners. That was back in 2011 which shows how much home field matters in this matchup. Kap is 1-3 against you guys but has traveled to seattle in 3 of the 4 matches, that aint easy. Maybe it wouldn't look as schewed if Seattle had actually beat Atl in 2012 playoffs forcing Wilson to win one in SF in the playoffs. Instead Kap had to travel to Atl and win there instead. Until Wilson actually wins a game in SF or Kap wins one in Seattle, nobody is owning nothin. The only difference last season was the one game better Seattle had on the niners in the regular season record, and for that they were the better team last year.[/quote]


    If you have to include the Tarvaris Jackson and before years then you have already lost the argument. Even you know those were rebuilding years to put the team together that has thunder stomped your Niners by 29, 26 and 6 while you have won one game at 7 and the other game by 2 that was a bad call away from being a loss and that game (and the NFCC game) featured Crabtree and Boldin while Seattle was without Harvin and Rice. If that is not ownage then I don't know what is and don't kid yourself if the situation were reversed and you lost while missing key players Niner fans would be using that as the ultimate excuse. See the 29-3 drubbing without Crabtree or the 42-13 demoralization without Cowboy. How many times did we hear that Aldon's shoulder was hurting?

    Can you imagine the beating we would have put on you if you were without Crabtree and Boldin while we had Harvin and Rice on the field? Yeah that would probably be worse than the 42-13 thrashing you took even if it were at Candlestick and you absolutely know it.

    Think about it for a second. If they don't actually CHANGE the call on Crabtree's fumble (unbelievable they actually changed the call to prevent a challenge that would have overturned the call and gave Seattle the possession while taking points off the board for the Niners) Wilson wins in Candlestick without Harvin or Rice while you had both Crabtree and Boldin.

    Thank your lucky stars because if not for that call there is no better description of ownage right there and anyone with an ounce of common sense knows this. .[/quote]

    You sure have to come up with a bunch of "what ifs" to support your argument. Go on believing Seattle "Owns" San Fran even though they are 0-5 at SF over the last five years, yeah they own it big time. Seattle won the super bowl, they have that. It sure as hell was a close game that decided it. If you think Seattle owned SF in the NFCCG then you are delusional.
    4freakin9
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 80
    Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:53 am


  • 4freakin9 posted:
    You sure have to come up with a bunch of "what ifs" to support your argument. Go on believing Seattle "Owns" San Fran even though they are 0-5 at SF over the last five years, yeah they own it big time. Seattle won the super bowl, they have that. It sure as hell was a close game that decided it. If you think Seattle owned SF in the NFCCG then you are delusional.

    The only if was the "if they don't change the call" and that is not in question. It is a fact. The only reason you won that game was that call, without it (and you know it was bogus) you lose and you entire argument is debunked.

    It is a fact we didn't have our best two receivers on the field and you did. There is no debate in that and it's not even a Niner style fact based strickly on opinion. It is an actual fact that cannot be argued.

    Again I see you want to build your argument around years where we were rebuilding. You really need to understand we didn't suck in the dweller for a decade getting top ten picks year after year so we didn't have a top talent team sitting in wait for Pete to start off with like Jimmy did. Pete had to build this program from the ground up and still only had one year picking in the top ten. Yet here we are just 4 years later and super bowl champions. You are still trying to get over the hump and in the mean time have been surpassed. That's really gotta hurt.

    For fun lets look at your roster:

    Aldon Smith: 7th overall draft pick. Wow you guys really sucked to get him.
    Michael Crabtree: 6th overall pick. Holy shit, I thought you were bad before. You guys really stunk up the joint.
    Patrick Willis: 11th overall pick.
    Vernon Davis: 6th overall pick. Holy bajeezez, you guys must of felt like you over achieved picking 11th for Willis.
    Anthony Davis: 11th overall pick. Look another year of 49er over achievement.

    There's more that were all on the roster before Jimmy arrived but these are the ones you were in position to select because you guys sucked so hard for so long.

    If it makes you feel better to think you guys beat Tarvaris Jackson then you go ahead and hold onto that but I can tell you no Seahawks fan I have ever talked to thinks beating you guys when you were in suck mode is an accomplishment.

    By the way do you know how many top ten picks were handed to Pete and John when he took over in Seattle? Yeah that number would be zero. You know how many players are still on the roster from before Pete arrived? That would be two. Two out of 53 and neither were top ten picks or even 1st round for that matter. In fact there now is only one with Bryant departing.

    And before you go into the standard 5 trophies. Do you know how many players, coaches, owners, water boys and any other element of that era are still with the Niners? Yeah that would be a big fat ZERO. So get back to me when your team that is currently on the field has done something because right now the trophy count is Pete (who built his team from the ashes) Carroll 1 and Jimmy (handed a stacked roster that will likely only get worse without the benefit of top ten picks every year) Harbaugh, ZERO.

    How's that for ignoring the ifs and games that don;t belong in the conversation?
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2912
    Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am


  • RichNhansom wrote:4freakin9 posted:
    You sure have to come up with a bunch of "what ifs" to support your argument. Go on believing Seattle "Owns" San Fran even though they are 0-5 at SF over the last five years, yeah they own it big time. Seattle won the super bowl, they have that. It sure as hell was a close game that decided it. If you think Seattle owned SF in the NFCCG then you are delusional.

    The only if was the "if they don't change the call" and that is not in question. It is a fact. The only reason you won that game was that call, without it (and you know it was bogus) you lose and you entire argument is debunked.

    It is a fact we didn't have our best two receivers on the field and you did. There is no debate in that and it's not even a Niner style fact based strickly on opinion. It is an actual fact that cannot be argued.

    Again I see you want to build your argument around years where we were rebuilding. You really need to understand we didn't suck in the dweller for a decade getting top ten picks year after year so we didn't have a top talent team sitting in wait for Pete to start off with like Jimmy did. Pete had to build this program from the ground up and still only had one year picking in the top ten. Yet here we are just 4 years later and super bowl champions. You are still trying to get over the hump and in the mean time have been surpassed. That's really gotta hurt.

    For fun lets look at your roster:

    Aldon Smith: 7th overall draft pick. Wow you guys really sucked to get him.
    Michael Crabtree: 6th overall pick. Holy shit, I thought you were bad before. You guys really stunk up the joint.
    Patrick Willis: 11th overall pick.
    Vernon Davis: 6th overall pick. Holy bajeezez, you guys must of felt like you over achieved picking 11th for Willis.
    Anthony Davis: 11th overall pick. Look another year of 49er over achievement.

    There's more that were all on the roster before Jimmy arrived but these are the ones you were in position to select because you guys sucked so hard for so long.

    If it makes you feel better to think you guys beat Tarvaris Jackson then you go ahead and hold onto that but I can tell you no Seahawks fan I have ever talked to thinks beating you guys when you were in suck mode is an accomplishment.

    By the way do you know how many top ten picks were handed to Pete and John when he took over in Seattle? Yeah that number would be zero. You know how many players are still on the roster from before Pete arrived? That would be two. Two out of 53 and neither were top ten picks or even 1st round for that matter. In fact there now is only one with Bryant departing.

    And before you go into the standard 5 trophies. Do you know how many players, coaches, owners, water boys and any other element of that era are still with the Niners? Yeah that would be a big fat ZERO. So get back to me when your team that is currently on the field has done something because right now the trophy count is Pete (who built his team from the ashes) Carroll 1 and Jimmy (handed a stacked roster that will likely only get worse without the benefit of top ten picks every year) Harbaugh, ZERO.

    How's that for ignoring the ifs and games that don;t belong in the conversation?

    Post of the month right there! :)
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10819
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


  • Any Niner fan making reference to beating the TJack Hawks is just desperate.

    The Niners have squeaked out a few games against the Hawks, getting a win in Seattle in 2011. But the Hawks have embarrassed the Niners badly on national TV on multiple occasions. The Hawks ended the Niners season, then rubbed salt in the wound by destroying the Donks badly. The Hawks embarrassed Kaeperchoke so badly that he ran off the field pouting.

    They got owned. They are clearly a good team, but the RW Hawks are better. There is no argument proving otherwise.
    Eh... Whatever...
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5330
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


  • The Hawks did have one top ten pick.... just one and that was Okung.

    The Niners spent the 2000s with them. Lol.. they even had a number 1. They chose Alex Smith rather than the kid who played at Cal and is currently lighting up defenses with a Super Bowl to his name.

    Oh, but Rich.. don't forget that even during the rebuild that the Hawks won the division and backed it up by taking out the Super Bowl Champs in the playoffs. That was the year that Niner fans thought they would win the division by default. They opened the season in Seattle against a Carroll team in their first game, holding hands in unity and taking a 31-6 ass kicking on their way to 0-5.
    Eh... Whatever...
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5330
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


  • loafoftatupu wrote:The Hawks did have one top ten pick.... just one and that was Okung.

    The Niners spent the 2000s with them. Lol.. they even had a number 1. They chose Alex Smith rather than the kid who played at Cal and is currently lighting up defenses with a Super Bowl to his name.

    Oh, but Rich.. don't forget that even during the rebuild that the Hawks won the division and backed it up by taking out the Super Bowl Champs in the playoffs. That was the year that Niner fans thought they would win the division by default. They opened the season in Seattle against a Carroll team in their first game, holding hands in unity and taking a 31-6 ass kicking on their way to 0-5.


    Okung wasn't handed to Pete, he was selected by him with our only top ten pick. Zero were here when Pete arrived.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2912
    Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am


  • RichNhansom wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:The Hawks did have one top ten pick.... just one and that was Okung.

    The Niners spent the 2000s with them. Lol.. they even had a number 1. They chose Alex Smith rather than the kid who played at Cal and is currently lighting up defenses with a Super Bowl to his name.

    Oh, but Rich.. don't forget that even during the rebuild that the Hawks won the division and backed it up by taking out the Super Bowl Champs in the playoffs. That was the year that Niner fans thought they would win the division by default. They opened the season in Seattle against a Carroll team in their first game, holding hands in unity and taking a 31-6 ass kicking on their way to 0-5.


    Okung wasn't handed to Pete, he was selected by him with our only top ten pick. Zero were here when Pete arrived.

    I see.. misread that.
    Eh... Whatever...
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5330
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


  • lvnginhwktwn wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:Who knows what PC would do with a convicted felon? The Hawks haven't yet had that issue. Some Niner fans say PC runs a PED program, yet one player that failed a test in the last offseason remains on the roster. The others are gone. Maybe PC doesn't just cut them, but he doesn't keep them.


    Let's not forget Sherman was a technicality (cracked specimen cup) away from being fine and punished for PED use. His piss sample still tested positive, just couldn't be used because it was transferred to another cup.

    Aldon is no different than any one of many pro athletes, movie stars, cops, judges, etc. These people are not going to be treated the same as John Q. Public. I don't even know why you waste your time debating this? He's not the first and won't be the last.

    Everyone needs to just take off their team glasses and move on and stop beating a dead horse.


    Sherman got off in a technicality called : "the tester lied about the samples. Which he exposed to the elements. Aka contaminated." Sherman was caught is a 49ers fantasy. Just like Kaepernick is as good as Wilson and 1 more foot.

    We can talk because your guy has nearly killed people and the 49ers care more about wins than human decency. Hence the intense rationalization shown by the fans of the NFCCG losers because they want to believe they'll get their 6 rings.
    Last edited by Sarlacc83 on Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 14392
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


  • lvnginhwktwn wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:Who knows what PC would do with a convicted felon? The Hawks haven't yet had that issue. Some Niner fans say PC runs a PED program, yet one player that failed a test in the last offseason remains on the roster. The others are gone. Maybe PC doesn't just cut them, but he doesn't keep them.


    Let's not forget Sherman was a technicality (cracked specimen cup) away from being fine and punished for PED use. His piss sample still tested positive, just couldn't be used because it was transferred to another cup.

    Aldon is no different than any one of many pro athletes, movie stars, cops, judges, etc. These people are not going to be treated the same as John Q. Public. I don't even know why you waste your time debating this? He's not the first and won't be the last.

    Everyone needs to just take off their team glasses and move on and stop beating a dead horse.


    According to Whiner logic, taking prescription adderall without an exemption from the league is akin to multiple felonies, smashing your car with a .15 BAC, a bomb threat here, a hit and run there . . . what's the difference?
    User avatar
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1331
    Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:59 am


  • Sarlacc83 wrote:
    Sherman got off in a technicality called : "the tester lied about the samples. Which he exposed to the elements. Aka contaminated." Sherman was caught I'd a 49ers fantasy. Just like Kaepernick is as good as Wilson and 1 more foot.

    We can talk because your guy has nearly killed people and the 49ers care more about wins than human decency. Hence the intense rationalization shown by the fans of the NFCCG losers because they want to believe they'll get their 6 rings.


    Did Lvng really draw a comparison of a flawed PED test to a guy that just became a 3x felon? FYI, Sherman was retested and passed. How about Brooks? The Niner FO did NOTHING to address the Brooks beer bottle, even though he clearly attacked a teammate. Why? Because the police didn't press charges?

    What it really looks like is that Harbaugh doesn't care about anything except on the field play. I mean all Richie Incognito did was verbally abuse Martin and he is toast. Brooks attacked another player and didn't miss a beat.
    Eh... Whatever...
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5330
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


  • Hardouche is the biggest damn whiner ever his sideline antics are pathetic I can't stand the man . I really wish SF would fire his ass.
    User avatar
    General Manager
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2203
    Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:04 pm


  • RichNhansom wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:The Hawks did have one top ten pick.... just one and that was Okung.

    The Niners spent the 2000s with them. Lol.. they even had a number 1. They chose Alex Smith rather than the kid who played at Cal and is currently lighting up defenses with a Super Bowl to his name.

    Oh, but Rich.. don't forget that even during the rebuild that the Hawks won the division and backed it up by taking out the Super Bowl Champs in the playoffs. That was the year that Niner fans thought they would win the division by default. They opened the season in Seattle against a Carroll team in their first game, holding hands in unity and taking a 31-6 ass kicking on their way to 0-5.


    Okung wasn't handed to Pete, he was selected by him with our only top ten pick. Zero were here when Pete arrived.

    Curry.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 10595
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Previous


It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:43 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online