Jim Harbaugh uses demeaning rhetoric against reporter

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
  • San Jose Mercury News columnist Tim Kawakami deserves praise. He’s the one who took on 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh over the team’s reaction to linebacker Aldon Smith’s legal issues. In a group interview before the 49ers’ weekend rookie camp, Kawakami challenged Harbaugh on whether the 49ers would ever discipline Smith after he pleaded no contest to two DUIs and gun charges. It’s rare that a journalist has the courage to risk condemnation from fans, from the coach and from the team to get answers. Kawakami had that courage.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/05/27 ... don-smith/

VIDEO: http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/harbaug ... ot-resolve
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

• I got no issue at all with how the douchebag answered the questions.

I think the reporter has an agenda. The douchebag was quite patient with him if you ask me.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Harbaugh never answered the question. He deflected and then tried to intimidate and embarrass the guy for asking a tough question that needed to be asked and followed up with after he attempted to obfuscate.

Then Harbaugh tells the Asian reporter he's sticking "bamboo shoots" under his fingernails for having the audacity to confront him with his blatant hypocrisy. Harbaugh is an arrogant SOB who has no respect for others. Could you imagine Pete Carroll treating a reporter like this? I don't think so.
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

• If Kawakami was Italian, Harbaugh would have said "whoa, don't put a horsehead in my bed!"
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Scottemojo wrote:If Kawakami was Italian, Harbaugh would have said "whoa, don't put a horsehead in my bed!"

And it would have been an equally offensive and demeaning attempt to shut someone down because you don't like that they're asking tough questions.
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2014 wrote:Harbaugh never answered the question. He deflected and then tried to intimidate and embarrass the guy for asking a tough question that needed to be asked and followed up with after he attempted to obfuscate.

Then Harbaugh tells the Asian reporter he's sticking "bamboo shoots" under his fingernails for having the audacity to confront him with his blatant hypocrisy. Harbaugh is an arrogant SOB who has no respect for others. Could you imagine Pete Carroll treating a reporter like this? I don't think so.

Meh. I think you are looking at this thru seahawks colored glasses.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Tech Worlds wrote:I got no issue at all with how the douchebag answered the questions.

I think the reporter has an agenda. The douchebag was quite patient with him if you ask me.

Have to agree the reporter had an agenda, I wish more reporters did. He asked a "tough" question. It is a question that a lot of people want to know. I loved the comments I have read about it.

Man we have a difference of patients, Jim looked like a person who cannot control himself. It took him a a while to calm down and he needed to show dominence in doing so. He looked visibily angry and hostile as soon as he was asked to follow up concerning past statements and that the matter is resolved except for sentencing. He got mad about a question he should know is coming.

I wish seattle had more reporters like this guy. We sure could of used them in the MH and TR years.
    "If we lose ... this place will be a Carnival of Stupidity." FlyingGreg
    Fudwamper
    NET Veteran

• There are many ways Jim could have or should have answered. Was he professional maybe not was he clear in his answers NO. But to state or suggest what he said was racist or even suggest that it is. Is bit ignorant and just looking for an argument. Why does everything in today's society automatically racist. When will we as a nation begin to grow up. And get over it.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

• rlkats wrote:There are many ways Jim could have or should have answered. Was he professional maybe not was he clear in his answers NO. But to state or suggest what he said was racist or even suggest that it is. Is bit ignorant and just looking for an argument. Why does everything in today's society automatically racist. When will we as a nation begin to grow up. And get over it.

Are you a 49ers fan?
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

• Have to agree the reporter has a agenda to sensationlize things, I also think the retort of Harbaugh was racially overtoned with the Bamboo Shoot statement. Both should be above this as professionals, bad on both of them.

Doesn't matter Seahawks Fans or 49ers, the point is how to be a professional.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:Have to agree the reporter has a agenda to sensationlize things, I also think the retort of Harbaugh was racially overtoned with the Bamboo Shoot statement. Both should be above this as professionals, bad on both of them.

Doesn't matter Seahawks Fans or 49ers, the point is how to be a professional.

:13:
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2014 wrote:
    rlkats wrote:There are many ways Jim could have or should have answered. Was he professional maybe not was he clear in his answers NO. But to state or suggest what he said was racist or even suggest that it is. Is bit ignorant and just looking for an argument. Why does everything in today's society automatically racist. When will we as a nation begin to grow up. And get over it.

Are you a 49ers fan?

To the day I die. :)
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

• rlkats wrote:
    hawknation2014 wrote:
    rlkats wrote:There are many ways Jim could have or should have answered. Was he professional maybe not was he clear in his answers NO. But to state or suggest what he said was racist or even suggest that it is. Is bit ignorant and just looking for an argument. Why does everything in today's society automatically racist. When will we as a nation begin to grow up. And get over it.

Are you a 49ers fan?

To the day I die. :)

"Red and gold til I'm dead and cold"
    Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono
    lvnginhwktwn
    NET Veteran

• You guys are feelin the slow burn........hahahahaha.
    Hey Cardinals..........The FUN is OVER !!!
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Hahahahaha
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

• Harbaugh is a bag of dicks, always has been, always will be. F him, his team, and all Niner fans. (unless they are cool ones :D )
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Red and Gold.... Guaranteed to fold
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• SMDH.

He's used the exact same quote talking to other reporters. His point was that he could be tortured and he wouldn't have any more info than he was giving. Even Tim Kawakami whom I can't stand isn't charging a racist bias.

The bias here is on this forum where peeps want to label every single thing Harbaugh does as evil.

No worries...its a rival forum. Many Niner fans love to use Pete the Cheat and the like...

...but lets not pretend its any more than that. To suggest he was attempting to be racially insensitive toward an Asian reporter is total, utter and complete nonsense.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Tech Worlds wrote:
    hawknation2014 wrote:Harbaugh never answered the question. He deflected and then tried to intimidate and embarrass the guy for asking a tough question that needed to be asked and followed up with after he attempted to obfuscate.

Meh. I think you are looking at this thru seahawks colored glasses.

This
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Why the infatuation with Jed, Trent and Jim .....
    ............... there are much better acts out there.

Larry, Curly and Mo are the timeless standard.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Harbaugh right out of the gate with the, " I know you probably worked really hard on asking that question, and probably stared in the mirror and thought about just the way you could ask that." You know he had that queued up just in case a reporter asked him something he didn't like. What a DB.

After that line, I'm glad Kawakami didn't let him off the hook, and put some pressure on him, good for him. Harbaugh deserved it. Kawakami didn't look bothered by the exchange, Harbaugh was about ready to go Hulk Smash mode.

I really enjoyed that, too funny. :lol: :th2thumbs:
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• twisted_steel2 wrote:Harbaugh right out of the gate with the, " I know you probably worked really hard on asking that question, and probably stared in the mirror and thought about just the way you could ask that." What a DB.

After that line, I'm glad Kawakami didn't let him off the hook, and put some pressure on him, good for him. Harbaugh deserved it.

I really enjoyed seeing Harbaugh's blood pressure skyrocket, too funny. :lol: :th2thumbs:

I think the douchebag, Harbaugh, did that because there is a history between the two. Hard to hold yer tongue when there is someone who has a agenda against you.

I love it because I'm sure the douchebag has earned having an agenda against him. But I do understand his defensiveness.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami 55m

And for those asking, I have zero problem with Harbaugh's "bamboo shoots" comment. Just a Harbaugh-ism that I took only as that.
    Front7vLOB
    NET Practice Squad

• Tim Kawakami (@timkawakami) tweeted at 8:31 AM on Wed, May 28, 2014:
    @sal_castaneda The 49ers fan base is drawing more and more loonies every year. It's very notable. The team must be so proud.

Tim Kawakami (@timkawakami) tweeted at 8:43 AM on Wed, May 28, 2014:
    Again, the Harbaugh-fan rants circle around to an unspoken theme: He's too soft to handle direct questions about his team's standards. OK.

Tim Kawakami (@timkawakami) tweeted at 9:58 AM on Wed, May 28, 2014:
    If you think Harbaugh is so weak that he can't handle direct questions about his own player... how is he going to beat Seattle?

This guy is great!
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2014 wrote:Harbaugh never answered the question. He deflected and then tried to intimidate and embarrass the guy for asking a tough question that needed to be asked and followed up with after he attempted to obfuscate.

Your post is a little hard of hearing. He certainly didn't say that in regards to bamboo shoots. Please listen again and report back. (Cant believe I just defended something Jimmy Boy said)
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• If Smith was half the player he is he'd have been cut a long time ago. There are only a few teams that would even keep a guy like that around and Ill say Seattle is one of them. As Seahawks fans we can't really dog douchebaugh on this one. Pete, god bless him, wouldn't have even entertained this reporter as long as Hairbag did. The journalist is also trying to make a name for himself and I'm sure he is so proud of this piece of work.

Point is, everyone has an agenda and this is a non story.
    BlueBlood
    NET Veteran

• BlueBlood wrote:If Smith was half the player he is he'd have been cut a long time ago. There are only a few teams that would even keep a guy like that around and Ill say Seattle is one of them. As Seahawks fans we can't really dog douchebaugh on this one. Pete, god bless him, wouldn't have even entertained this reporter as long as Hairbag did. The journalist is also trying to make a name for himself and I'm sure he is so proud of this piece of work.

Oh I dont know, I think its a story, a very entertaining story. That video is hilarious. The tweets are funny.

I'm enjoying it. Seeing Harbaugh go all....

Is always worth a laugh.
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

LOL.

What did the blind Asian say when he walked past the fish market?

Herro Radies!

Being African American myself, I enjoy a good joke and I think we as Americans are way too serious about this topic of race. I Love fried chicken and watermelon jokes. They're funny because they're true!! Hahahaha

Trying to rip on Hairball in this way is a reach at best. He gives us plenty of reasons without bringing race into it!! God it must be hell living in limelight with everyone out to get you!
    BlueBlood
    NET Veteran

• twisted_steel2 wrote:
    BlueBlood wrote:If Smith was half the player he is he'd have been cut a long time ago. There are only a few teams that would even keep a guy like that around and Ill say Seattle is one of them. As Seahawks fans we can't really dog douchebaugh on this one. Pete, god bless him, wouldn't have even entertained this reporter as long as Hairbag did. The journalist is also trying to make a name for himself and I'm sure he is so proud of this piece of work.

Oh I dont know, I think its a story, a very entertaining story. That video is hilarious. The tweets are funny.

I'm enjoying it. Seeing Harbaugh go all....

Is always worth a laugh.

I didn't watch the video, any excuse to laugh at Tardbaugh is worth it. The racist comments are so lame though.
    BlueBlood
    NET Veteran

• twisted_steel2 wrote:Harbaugh right out of the gate with the, " I know you probably worked really hard on asking that question, and probably stared in the mirror and thought about just the way you could ask that." You know he had that queued up just in case a reporter asked him something he didn't like. What a DB.

After that line, I'm glad Kawakami didn't let him off the hook, and put some pressure on him, good for him. Harbaugh deserved it. Kawakami didn't look bothered by the exchange, Harbaugh was about ready to go Hulk Smash mode.

I really enjoyed that, too funny. :lol: :th2thumbs:

Actually....he had that waiting not for the question specifically....but for Tim Kawakami.

You guys act like Tim is just a peace-loving beat reporter who was so cruelly victimized by cruel Jim Harbaugh.

Jim ain't no saint, so lets not get it twisted, but Tim Kawakami knew EXACTLY what he was doing and the response it would get and continued to push when the question had already been asked and answered. Tim was looking for a reaction. the "Is 10 felonies too much?" line in particular...he was looking for a reaction to become the story.

Just for a second....just try an experiment for me. Watch the video again. This time presuppose there is already bad blood between these two men and that Kawakami has a history of trying to push buttons. Watch how Kawakami pushes and how Harbaugh tries to back away from the conversation (as he should do).

The question that is so loved here about being above reproach....he explained it exactly as he did the first time. It's something the 49ers and EVERYONE strives for. He said that he can't imagine someone wouldn't strive for it. He even acknowledged that some members of his team have some work to do in that regard. That doesn't get the attention tho. What gets attention is an a frustrated coach getting tired of getting the same question over and over and makes a pun about not having any more information even if he was being tortured...which then here gets turned into a racially insensitive slur.

Its all good. This is a Seahawk fan site and you guys are entitled to your fun...I just hope you don't actually believe this BS.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• 49er fans don't like Kawakami because he asks tough questions not to be contrarian, but because sports media has enough lickspittles that lob softballs and write crappy fluff articles. Who is the guy that does that in our sports media? We need that guy or gal, even if that person ticks us off sometimes.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

• BlueBlood wrote:
    I didn't watch the video, any excuse to laugh at Tardbaugh is worth it. The racist comments are so lame though.

I agree with you there.
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• BlueBlood wrote:If Smith was half the player he is he'd have been cut a long time ago. There are only a few teams that would even keep a guy like that around and Ill say Seattle is one of them. As Seahawks fans we can't really dog douchebaugh on this one. Pete, god bless him, wouldn't have even entertained this reporter as long as Hairbag did. The journalist is also trying to make a name for himself and I'm sure he is so proud of this piece of work.

Thank You.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• twisted_steel2 wrote:Tim Kawakami (@timkawakami) tweeted at 8:31 AM on Wed, May 28, 2014:
    @sal_castaneda The 49ers fan base is drawing more and more loonies every year. It's very notable. The team must be so proud.

Tim Kawakami (@timkawakami) tweeted at 8:43 AM on Wed, May 28, 2014:
    Again, the Harbaugh-fan rants circle around to an unspoken theme: He's too soft to handle direct questions about his team's standards. OK.

Tim Kawakami (@timkawakami) tweeted at 9:58 AM on Wed, May 28, 2014:
    If you think Harbaugh is so weak that he can't handle direct questions about his own player... how is he going to beat Seattle?

This guy is great!

The fact that he felt the need to respond in this way tells you everything you need to know. 49er fans who know his act are responding to him and this is his response. Egotistical to the end. Making himself the story.

He can't let the facts or his story do it on their own so he is compelled to publically defend himself....FROM 49ER FANS. Not from Jim Harbaugh....but FROM FANS.
    Last edited by Marvin49 on Wed May 28, 2014 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Front7vLOB wrote:
    Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami 55m

And for those asking, I have zero problem with Harbaugh's "bamboo shoots" comment. Just a Harbaugh-ism that I took only as that.

Wow....I actually agree with him about something.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Smelly McUgly wrote:49er fans don't like Kawakami because he asks tough questions not to be contrarian, but because sports media has enough lickspittles that lob softballs and write crappy fluff articles. Who is the guy that does that in our sports media? We need that guy or gal, even if that person ticks us off sometimes.

i agree and disagree. The Raiders fanbase hates him even more than 49ers fans.

the guy is a shock-reporter. he purposefully seeks out rage on twitter, and he trolls the fanbases. I'm an NHL fan, and the main beatwriter for the Colorado Avs behaves the same way.

Overall, I think what Kawakami asked was fair. I think the way he asked it was immature. I think Harbaugh's response was immature. But i also think Harbaugh has the right to keep certain policies (like disciplinary standards) in house. There is really no need to comment on an ongoing legal matter.

Btw Marvin, I think you are exaggerating the feud between Harbaugh and Kawakami.. Kawakami has showered JH with praise these past 3 seasons
    Front7vLOB
    NET Practice Squad

• Front7vLOB wrote:
    Smelly McUgly wrote:49er fans don't like Kawakami because he asks tough questions not to be contrarian, but because sports media has enough lickspittles that lob softballs and write crappy fluff articles. Who is the guy that does that in our sports media? We need that guy or gal, even if that person ticks us off sometimes.

the guy is a shock-reporter. he purposefully seeks out rage on twitter, and he trolls the fanbases. I'm an NHL fan, and the main beatwriter for the Colorado Avs behaves the same way.

Overall, I think what Kawakami asked was fair. I think the way he asked it was immature. I think Harbaugh's response was immature. But i also think Harbaugh has the right to keep certain policies (like disciplinary standards) in house. There is really no need to comment on an ongoing legal matter.

Btw Marvin, I think you are exaggerating the feud between Harbaugh and Kawakami.. Kawakami has showered JH with praise these past 3 seasons

1) On the first bold, I'd say that's fair. Asking questions about Aldon or the way they plan on dealing with the situation is fair. Its the manner in which he did so and the way he kept pressing long after it was clear Harbaugh wasn't going to answer the question. Moreover, Kawakami knew BEFORE HE ASKED THE QUESTION that Harbaugh couldn't really answer the question. Its a legal proceeding. He was trying to get a rise out of him.

2) On the second bold, you are sorta correct. Kawakami was "at his best" when the 49ers were bad...IE, pre-Harbaugh. He hadn't had much to say until very recently...but that's when it got bad. It was Kawakami who reported that Harbaugh and Baalke weren't speaking (false). It was Kawakami who reported that the 49ers were trying to get rid of Harbaugh (False). It was Kawakami who reported that the 49ers wouldn't exercise Aldons 5th year option (false). On that last one he got flack on Twitter as well and fended off twitter peeps as well...his only response what that they "changed their mind". He routinely takes very small parts of shoddy data and constructs his little story that has no basis in reality and passes it off as insider news.

I lost all respect for the guy several years ago...pre Harbaugh. He was on a radio show with the Razor and Mr. T. He accidently let it slip that he couldn't agree with what the 49ers were doing because it wouldn't create news. He quickly tried to restate what he said but both the radio hosts were cracking up because they knew he had just made the classic mistake of screwing up by telling the truth.

Bottom line, the guy is a hack. As you said, he's a shock-reporter. He's only slightly better than the Cohns. I don't read what he writes regardless of it its good or bad. Its always skewed by his lens.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    Front7vLOB wrote:
    Smelly McUgly wrote:49er fans don't like Kawakami because he asks tough questions not to be contrarian, but because sports media has enough lickspittles that lob softballs and write crappy fluff articles. Who is the guy that does that in our sports media? We need that guy or gal, even if that person ticks us off sometimes.

2) On the second bold, you are sorta correct. Kawakami was "at his best" when the 49ers were bad...IE, pre-Harbaugh. He hadn't had much to say until very recently...but that's when it got bad. It was Kawakami who reported that Harbaugh and Baalke weren't speaking (false). It was Kawakami who reported that the 49ers were trying to get rid of Harbaugh (False). It was Kawakami who reported that the 49ers wouldn't exercise Aldons 5th year option (false). On that last one he got flack on Twitter as well and fended off twitter peeps as well...his only response what that they "changed their mind". He routinely takes very small parts of shoddy data and constructs his little story that has no basis in reality and passes it off as insider news.

I guess I didn't realize he was the one publishing those stories. If that's the case, I can see why Harbaugh is not cool with him (Kawakami could have been right all along for all we know).
    Front7vLOB
    NET Practice Squad

• Front7vLOB wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Front7vLOB wrote:

I guess I didn't realize he was the one publishing those stories. If that's the case, I can see why Harbaugh is not cool with him (Kawakami could have been right all along for all we know).

That's kinda the thing....

...Kawakami has sources. None of his stories are 100% incorrect. What he does though is take very small snippets of data and constructs a grand story and passes it off as news.

Good Example: The 49ers are probably not going to extend Aldon Smith. BS. They were ALWAYS going to extend him. They just wanted Aldon to sweat it. It made no sense not to extend him since they could release him anyway after the year. All the extension did was allow them to keep him for 10 mil instead of having to resign him for much more than that if he kept himself clean.

That's not interesting though. No...as Kawakami had it, the 49ers were not only not going to renew him, but might not even let him play this year. He had played his last down as a 49er according to Kawakami. That's part of what that exchange was about...Kawakami trying to be right.

Dude is an ego maniac. So is Harbaugh. The difference is one of them is a football coach and the other is supposed to be an impartial reporter.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• I see too much excuse making for Harbaugh's bully tactics. Kind of like the excuses these same fans are making for hit and runs, brass knuckle threats, an NFL quarterback sleeping with drunk randoms on spring break, felony weapons possession charges, multiple DUIs, and fake bomb threats.

This is coming from someone who has been highly critical of the non-prescribed adderall uses by Irvin and others, as well as Sherman's poor sportsmanship in post-game.

When you put fanaticism over ethics, you risk losing your moral compass.
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

• I wish the Seattle press had somebody with Kawakami's balls.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• "Defend! Deflect! Excuse!"Image
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• -The Glove- wrote:"Defend! Deflect! Excuse!"Image

So that's what Marvin looks like!
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• twisted_steel2 wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:"Defend! Deflect! Excuse!"Image

So that's what Marvin looks like!

You guys are wrong lol.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2014 wrote:I see too much excuse making for Harbaugh's bully tactics. Kind of like the excuses these same fans are making for hit and runs, brass knuckle threats, an NFL quarterback sleeping with drunk randoms on spring break, felony weapons possession charges, multiple DUIs, and fake bomb threats.

This is coming from someone who has been highly critical of the non-prescribed adderall uses by Irvin and others, as well as Sherman's poor sportsmanship in post-game.

Comparing coach-reporter interactions with potentially criminal acts is a bit extreme, don't you think?

The problem with Kawakami and the Cohns is they try to make a news story out of nothing, and often become the story themselves. Thats a problem for reporters. There is a reason Matt Maiocco and Matt Barrows are widely respected as 49ers reporters. They will ask the tough questions too, but they don't set it up to create a controversy.

Many of these reporter types are working for a dying industry, newspapers. I am sure they are pressured to come up with articles to sell papers. It must be difficult. But that is no excuse in my opinion. Its not about losing my "moral compass" but rather expecting some professionalism on the reporter as well.

On a side note, where did you get the "drunk randoms on spring break" part? Are you assuming that in the Kap situation in Miami?
    NorCal
    NET Rookie

• NorCal wrote:
    hawknation2014 wrote:I see too much excuse making for Harbaugh's bully tactics. Kind of like the excuses these same fans are making for hit and runs, brass knuckle threats, an NFL quarterback sleeping with drunk randoms on spring break, felony weapons possession charges, multiple DUIs, and fake bomb threats.

Comparing coach-reporter interactions with potentially criminal acts is a bit extreme, don't you think?

The problem with Kawakami and the Cohns is they try to make a news story out of nothing, and often become the story themselves. Thats a problem for reporters. There is a reason Matt Maiocco and Matt Barrows are widely respected as 49ers reporters. They will ask the tough questions too, but they don't set it up to create a controversy.

Many of these reporter types are working for a dying industry, newspapers. I am sure they are pressured to come up with articles to sell papers. It must be difficult. But that is no excuse in my opinion. Its not about losing my "moral compass" but rather expecting some professionalism on the reporter as well.

On a side note, where did you get the "drunk randoms on spring break" part? Are you assuming that in the Kap situation in Miami?

I was comparing all forms of bad conduct. And yes, bullying a reporter because you don't like his questions is bad conduct.

It was no less bad than the poor sportsmanship that Sherman displayed, and he took a lot of criticism (both justified and unjustified attacks) for his words. Harbaugh has faced basically zero public scrutiny for his bullying and hypocrisy. Instead, he has merely been defended by the fanatics, while the reporter is attacked.
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:Its all good. This is a Seahawk fan site and you guys are entitled to your fun...I just hope you don't actually believe this BS.

Just a nice bit of schadenfreude to help pass the time on a boring Wednesday afternoon. ;)
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• hawknation2014 wrote:
    NorCal wrote:
    hawknation2014 wrote:I see too much excuse making for Harbaugh's bully tactics. Kind of like the excuses these same fans are making for hit and runs, brass knuckle threats, an NFL quarterback sleeping with drunk randoms on spring break, felony weapons possession charges, multiple DUIs, and fake bomb threats.

I was comparing all forms of bad conduct. And yes, bullying a reporter because you don't like his questions is bad conduct.

It was no less bad than the poor sportsmanship that Sherman displayed, and he took a lot of criticism (both justified and unjustified attacks) for his words. Harbaugh has faced basically zero public scrutiny for his bullying and hypocrisy. Instead, he has merely been defended by the fanatics, while the reporter is attacked.

Wow....the crap is getting shoveled pretty high in here.

First off, any statement that says in was HARBAUGH who was bullying is wearing some serious blue and green colored glasses. Harbaugh was trying to step away from the conversation. He was trying to end it. Kawakami was the aggressor.

Second, since when has Harbaugh escaped public scrutiny? I see it all the time. I'm a Niner fan and even I know he's one of the more disliked (by fans) coaches in the NFL
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Shadowhawk wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:Its all good. This is a Seahawk fan site and you guys are entitled to your fun...I just hope you don't actually believe this BS.

Just a nice bit of schadenfreude to help pass the time on a boring Wednesday afternoon. ;)

:D
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Did I miss something?

What demeaning rhetoric did harbaugh use?
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:46 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information