Jim Harbaugh uses demeaning rhetoric against reporter

hawknation2014

Reaction score
San Jose Mercury News columnist Tim Kawakami deserves praise. He’s the one who took on 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh over the team’s reaction to linebacker Aldon Smith’s legal issues. In a group interview before the 49ers’ weekend rookie camp, Kawakami challenged Harbaugh on whether the 49ers would ever discipline Smith after he pleaded no contest to two DUIs and gun charges. It’s rare that a journalist has the courage to risk condemnation from fans, from the coach and from the team to get answers. Kawakami had that courage.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/05/27 ... don-smith/

VIDEO: http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/harbaug ... ot-resolve

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I got no issue at all with how the douchebag answered the questions.

I think the reporter has an agenda. The douchebag was quite patient with him if you ask me.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Harbaugh never answered the question. He deflected and then tried to intimidate and embarrass the guy for asking a tough question that needed to be asked and followed up with after he attempted to obfuscate.

Then Harbaugh tells the Asian reporter he's sticking "bamboo shoots" under his fingernails for having the audacity to confront him with his blatant hypocrisy. Harbaugh is an arrogant SOB who has no respect for others. Could you imagine Pete Carroll treating a reporter like this? I don't think so.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
If Kawakami was Italian, Harbaugh would have said "whoa, don't put a horsehead in my bed!"

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Scottemojo":nrz4lq9y said:
If Kawakami was Italian, Harbaugh would have said "whoa, don't put a horsehead in my bed!"

And it would have been an equally offensive and demeaning attempt to shut someone down because you don't like that they're asking tough questions.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2sexpn4q said:
Harbaugh never answered the question. He deflected and then tried to intimidate and embarrass the guy for asking a tough question that needed to be asked and followed up with after he attempted to obfuscate.

Then Harbaugh tells the Asian reporter he's sticking "bamboo shoots" under his fingernails for having the audacity to confront him with his blatant hypocrisy. Harbaugh is an arrogant SOB who has no respect for others. Could you imagine Pete Carroll treating a reporter like this? I don't think so.

Meh. I think you are looking at this thru seahawks colored glasses.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2idq8wdw said:
I got no issue at all with how the douchebag answered the questions.

I think the reporter has an agenda. The douchebag was quite patient with him if you ask me.

Have to agree the reporter had an agenda, I wish more reporters did. He asked a "tough" question. It is a question that a lot of people want to know. I loved the comments I have read about it.

Man we have a difference of patients, Jim looked like a person who cannot control himself. It took him a a while to calm down and he needed to show dominence in doing so. He looked visibily angry and hostile as soon as he was asked to follow up concerning past statements and that the matter is resolved except for sentencing. He got mad about a question he should know is coming.

I wish seattle had more reporters like this guy. We sure could of used them in the MH and TR years.

rlkats

Reaction score
There are many ways Jim could have or should have answered. Was he professional maybe not was he clear in his answers NO. But to state or suggest what he said was racist or even suggest that it is. Is bit ignorant and just looking for an argument. Why does everything in today's society automatically racist. When will we as a nation begin to grow up. And get over it.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
rlkats":20dno1os said:
There are many ways Jim could have or should have answered. Was he professional maybe not was he clear in his answers NO. But to state or suggest what he said was racist or even suggest that it is. Is bit ignorant and just looking for an argument. Why does everything in today's society automatically racist. When will we as a nation begin to grow up. And get over it.

Are you a 49ers fan?

chris98251

Reaction score
Have to agree the reporter has a agenda to sensationlize things, I also think the retort of Harbaugh was racially overtoned with the Bamboo Shoot statement. Both should be above this as professionals, bad on both of them.

Doesn't matter Seahawks Fans or 49ers, the point is how to be a professional.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
chris98251":3p52n4of said:
Have to agree the reporter has a agenda to sensationlize things, I also think the retort of Harbaugh was racially overtoned with the Bamboo Shoot statement. Both should be above this as professionals, bad on both of them.

Doesn't matter Seahawks Fans or 49ers, the point is how to be a professional.

:13:

rlkats

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3vejd0ww said:
rlkats":3vejd0ww said:

Are you a 49ers fan?

To the day I die. :)

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
rlkats":1gisn0bd said:
hawknation2014":1gisn0bd said:
rlkats":1gisn0bd said:

Are you a 49ers fan?

To the day I die. :)

"Red and gold til I'm dead and cold"

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Harbaugh is a bag of dicks, always has been, always will be. F him, his team, and all Niner fans. (unless they are cool ones :D )

Marvin49

Reaction score
SMDH.

He's used the exact same quote talking to other reporters. His point was that he could be tortured and he wouldn't have any more info than he was giving. Even Tim Kawakami whom I can't stand isn't charging a racist bias.

The bias here is on this forum where peeps want to label every single thing Harbaugh does as evil.

No worries...its a rival forum. Many Niner fans love to use Pete the Cheat and the like...

...but lets not pretend its any more than that. To suggest he was attempting to be racially insensitive toward an Asian reporter is total, utter and complete nonsense.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2ioxz2u1 said:
hawknation2014":2ioxz2u1 said:

Meh. I think you are looking at this thru seahawks colored glasses.

This

Jville

Reaction score
Why the infatuation with Jed, Trent and Jim .....
............... there are much better acts out there.

2F482F002F0e2F48000e7cccdf12ca3e7e815bc370eaed
Larry, Curly and Mo are the timeless standard.

Latest posts