Refs Ron Winter and Scott Green retire, Hochuli's son hired

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Pac-12 fans should be familiar with Ed Hochuli's son Shawn, who was a head official in the conference for the past several years.. he was just "called up" to the big leagues

@SI_PeterKing: NFL confirms hiring Shawn Hochuli, Ed's son, as rookie side judge for 2014.

As for Winter and Green.. here's their announcement

http://nflcommunications.com/2014/05/22 ... confirmed/

Green wasn't a terrible ref by any stretch but Ron Winter was absolutely AWFUL. So this is great news.

For those that only know refs by a visual image of them.. here they are.

95916827.jpg

Ron Winter

Img19609377
Scott Green

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Ron Winter was the head ref for the Seahawks/Colts game last season, which was probably the worst officiated game all year and right up there with XL and any Mike Carey game you might see. He was also in charge of last pre-season's Seahawks/Packers game, which few might remember, but it was also a horrendously officiated game with flags being thrown on nearly every snap.

But all the best to him. I think maybe it was his time.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
Winter sucked.

For pre-season, I give a little leeway. Ref's are probably being directed to toss a lot of flags to set the tone for the regular season. Bad calls are bad calls though.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Surprised hochuli is going to the nfl. The PAC 12 has the worst officials I've seen of any conference in any sport. The dude is not a good official.

It's good for PAC 12 football fans though! Jay strickerz (better known as "glasses ref") retires and hochuli leaves. Good riddance to both.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JSeahawks":26jdpckb said:
Surprised hochuli is going to the nfl. The PAC 12 has the worst officials I've seen of any conference in any sport. The dude is not a good official.

It's good for PAC 12 football fans though! Jay strickerz (better known as "glasses ref") retires and hochuli leaves. Good riddance to both.
So he'll fit right in with the NFL officials. 8)

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
TriCHawk":31i877y4 said:
Winter sucked.

Yep...it was cold and quite miserable. So was the Ref. :mrgreen:

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

rideaducati

Reaction score
The NFL hired 12 new officials today. I want to know the 12 that are gone. Where's the list?