NFL top 100 Kap at 81 Stafford at 100

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
NFL top 100 Kap at 81 Stafford at 100
Thu May 15, 2014 11:33 am

• I saw this and I think they both are rated too low. The Seahawks have a lot of fun at Kaeperstank's expense, 50% of his 2013 INTs were to Seattle and that doesn't count the strip sacks he loves to give Seattle Linemen. But he handles most teams quite easily, even if it is on his legs.

I think CK should be higher than that. If Stafford didn't get picked so much he would much higher. That dude can pass like a machine.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Re: NFL top 100 Kap at 81 Stafford at 100
Sun May 18, 2014 12:20 am
  • This is a BS list, we all know that.

The most entertaining fact is Kap at 81 and the Niner fans comments on it.

Where do you as Hawk fans predict your RW comes in? Or Sherman?

Put your guesses in before it's listed in this little entertaining list.

As a Rams fam, only one person can make the list. I predict Quinn to be about 40ish.
    Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• loafoftatupu wrote:I saw this and I think they both are rated too low. The Seahawks have a lot of fun at Kaeperstank's expense, 50% of his 2013 INTs were to Seattle and that doesn't count the strip sacks he loves to give Seattle Linemen. But he handles most teams quite easily, even if it is on his legs.

I think CK should be higher than that. If Stafford didn't get picked so much he would much higher. That dude can pass like a machine.

Kaepernick was overrated in 2012 and underrated in 2013. Not by the NFL Top 100, just general league impressions.
    NINEster
    NET Rookie

• RedAlice wrote:This is a BS list, we all know that.

As a Rams fam, only one person can make the list. I predict Quinn to be about 40ish.

I think Quinn should be top ten. Best outside rusher in the game for sure.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Russell will be at 50 as people still have the misconception that he is a game manager and wouldn't be effective without a strong running game and tremendous defense.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Matt Stafford has had good seasons, but I don't think any QB with a below median level passer rating should be anywhere near the top 100. Especially when he had all those weapons and his team finished 7-9 in arguably the NFC's weakest division last year.

Kaepernick I am okay with. His passer efficiency was similarly uninspiring, but on a team like the 49ers big plays win games, and Kaepernick is a big play machine. If a few things had gone a little differently Kaepernick might be a two time NFL champion in his first two seasons as starter.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• kearly wrote: If a few things had gone a little differently Kaepernick might be a two time NFL champion in his first two seasons as starter.

"If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

• RedAlice wrote:This is a BS list, we all know that.

Quinn and Sherman better be top 20. Wilson and Thomas top 30.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• kearly wrote:Matt Stafford has had good seasons, but I don't think any QB with a below median level passer rating should be anywhere near the top 100. Especially when he had all those weapons and his team finished 7-9 in arguably the NFC's weakest division last year.

Kaepernick I am okay with. His passer efficiency was similarly uninspiring, but on a team like the 49ers big plays win games, and Kaepernick is a big play machine. If a few things had gone a little differently Kaepernick might be a two time NFL champion in his first two seasons as starter.

WE HAVE A NINER TROLL HERE

GET HIM GUYS
    JZ#1
    NET Rookie

• JZ#1 wrote:
    kearly wrote:Matt Stafford has had good seasons, but I don't think any QB with a below median level passer rating should be anywhere near the top 100. Especially when he had all those weapons and his team finished 7-9 in arguably the NFC's weakest division last year.

GET HIM GUYS

Man, I could have sworn this child said he wasn't going to be logging in anymore.

Now he's trying to make jokes. Go home, cry on your mum's shoulder and go to sleep young Trollwalker.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• JGfromtheNW wrote:
    JZ#1 wrote:
    kearly wrote:Matt Stafford has had good seasons, but I don't think any QB with a below median level passer rating should be anywhere near the top 100. Especially when he had all those weapons and his team finished 7-9 in arguably the NFC's weakest division last year.

GET HIM GUYS

Man, I could have sworn this child said he wasn't going to be logging in anymore.

Now he's trying to make jokes. Go home, cry on your mum's shoulder and go to sleep young Trollwalker.

I was until someone sent me a private message telling me you losers were still discussing me. So I had to come back for laughs. And I am not a troll at all. You guys are the ones trolling me.
    JZ#1
    NET Rookie

• JZ#1 wrote:
    JGfromtheNW wrote:
    JZ#1 wrote:

GET HIM GUYS

I was until someone sent me a private message telling me you losers were still discussing me. So I had to come back for laughs. And I am not a troll at all. You guys are the ones trolling me.

I'm just happy you admitted going home and crying on your mum's shoulder. Well done.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• My mom is 500 miles away from me. Grow up.

I haven't heard mom jokes since high school.
    JZ#1
    NET Rookie

• JZ#1 wrote:My mom is 500 miles away from me. Grow up.

I haven't heard mom jokes since high school.

Hold on, I'm trying to keep up with the lies.

She lives within 500 miles of NYC?
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• I am not lieing. That was an incredible bad estimation at the distance between Sea and NYC with out thought.

My IP address is right here in the heart of NYC. My dad went to franklin highschool. his brother went to lakeside. my mom went to shoreline.

Im done posting here. For good this time. So screw off. Have fun in Bellingham. My ex went to WWU. beautiful campus.
    JZ#1
    NET Rookie

• JZ#1 wrote:I am not lieing. That was an incredible bad estimation at the distance between Sea and NYC with out thought.

My IP address is right here in the heart of NYC. My dad went to franklin highschool. his brother went to lakeside. my mom went to shoreline.

Im done posting here. For good this time. So screw off. Have fun in Bellingham. My ex went to WWU. beautiful campus.

It's true, 500 miles IS a terrible estimation of the distance between Seattle and NYC because it's closer to 2500 miles.

Fail harder.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• Meh. Post or don't post just stop being a drama queen because that position is already filled.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• Scottemojo wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:This is a BS list, we all know that.

I think Quinn should be top ten. Best outside rusher in the game for sure.

Concur. If Quinn's not at least top 15, I'll be surprised. He's a friggin' manimal.

RW 31st...Sherman 6th. I don't know if I'll be close or not, but I'm curious to find out so I can be outraged or pleased based on their arbitrary rankings that mean nothing. :lol:
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• To be honest, I think RW will be in the 30's or low 40's. He is a champ and one hell of a football player, but the national mediots probably don't think his stats and production are enough to justify placing him in the 20's or lower. Being in the top 30-40 still puts him in the top 2% of active roster players (53 active X 32 teams). Pretty impressive I think.

Sherman and Thomas should be ranked lower (higher?) on the list. Sherm is arguably the best corner in the league, Thomas pretty much the unanimous best FS in the game. Those two should be top 20 easily.

It'll be interesting to see where Kam is ranked in this list. I think he will be somewhere between RW and Thomas/Sherm.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• Smelly McUgly wrote:
    kearly wrote: If a few things had gone a little differently Kaepernick might be a two time NFL champion in his first two seasons as starter.

Amazing :th2thumbs:
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

• JGfromtheNW wrote:To be honest, I think RW will be in the 30's or low 40's. He is a champ and one hell of a football player, but the national mediots probably don't think his stats and production are enough to justify placing him in the 20's or lower. Being in the top 30-40 still puts him in the top 2% of active roster players (53 active X 32 teams). Pretty impressive I think.

Sherman and Thomas should be ranked lower (higher?) on the list. Sherm is arguably the best corner in the league, Thomas pretty much the unanimous best FS in the game. Those two should be top 20 easily.

It'll be interesting to see where Kam is ranked in this list. I think he will be somewhere between RW and Thomas/Sherm.

Isn't this list voted on by players only?
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

• Yes. But they don't tend to have current information unless they actually play them or are division rivals. They're too busy actually preparing to play their next opponent in season to watch others unless they're out of playoff contention.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• 81 sounds right to me. He can be dangerous if used correctly but if they have to rely on him without the benefit of a dominant running game he becomes turn over prone. His numbers bare this out also. Most of the season they were pretty much winning in spite of being the lowest passing team in the league and when they tried to step up his passing to get back into the NFCC game against us he turned it over three times. He was also lucky he didn't have several other turn overs in the play offs. Multiple passes were inexplicably just missed or dropped.

He is still primarily a one read QB benefiting from Harbaughs system and has shown no reason to think he is learning to read defenses or even go through progressions properly.

Ask yourself how you think he would do without Harbaugh's system or if his O-line struggled the way ours did last year? I don't believe he would be anywhere near the top 100. Consider Boldin and Davis are a better combo than anything we put on the field last year outside the super bowl.

I think people would also give Kaep more credit if Harbaugh didn't take Alex Smith the the NFCC game his first year but that happened and so it raises the question of is it Harbaugh or Kaep. To me I think it is obvious.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Mon May 19, 2014 12:11 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    JGfromtheNW wrote:To be honest, I think RW will be in the 30's or low 40's. He is a champ and one hell of a football player, but the national mediots probably don't think his stats and production are enough to justify placing him in the 20's or lower. Being in the top 30-40 still puts him in the top 2% of active roster players (53 active X 32 teams). Pretty impressive I think.

Isn't this list voted on by players only?

Totally forgot that it's decided by the players. I honestly don't think it changes what I said, though. The players are going to be making their decisions with the information provided (talking head opinion, statistics, personal experience/belief).

I don't expect many players who play in the AFC East, AFC North, etc. to be able to assess many of the Seahawks players and how they compare to others that the national mediots drool over every week or they see on a regular basis.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Mon May 19, 2014 12:59 pm
  • I wonder how Jaworski's QB rankings will shake out this year.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• I got no prob with him at 81. I think he can potentially be much higher, but there is no doubting he had a significant rough patch last year (like half the year...lol).

Most of that was due to some poor play at the WR position, some bad play calling, and yes, some serious growing pains on his part. It wasn't any one thing...they all played a part.

He did seem to start pulling himself out of it toward the end of the year though.

As someone said above, counting the postseason he started 9 games last year and threw a total of 11 INTs. SIX of them were in three games against the Seahawks.

That's because the Seattle secondary is good. Really good. Pass rush not half bad either. I know....its a shocker. :)
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• SacHawk2.0 wrote:I wonder how Jaworski's QB rankings will shake out this year.

LOL...his quote last year was a reference to Kaps potential, not who he currently is.

I don't think saying he has the potential to be the best ever is all that Hyperbolic when you consider that there are a number of players whom you can say the same about...including Russell Wilson.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Even most QB experts overvalue the physical tools/skills of quarterbacks. It's like 90% cerebral.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:Even most QB experts overvalue the physical tools/skills of quarterbacks. It's like 90% cerebral.

Yeah....when they say stuff like that they are almost always talking about physical potential.

We can go round and round forever over whether or not Kap has the tools in his heart or between his ears.

Fact of the matter is tho that the 2 best ever in my mind (Montana/Brady) didn't have those physical tools.

It depends on the players dedication. If Kap goes the Randall Cunningham/Mike Vick route and not really dedicate himself till late in his career...it won't work out well. If he goes the Steve Young route and works his a$$ off to get better...there's really no limit.

Russell has already proved he will do the work. Kap is a workout demon...but we'll have to see how that translates.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:46 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information