49ers Remain "Above Reproach"

godawg

Reaction score
Apparently the Whiners have not learned any lessons from the Aldon Smith fiasco when it comes to evaluating the psychological makeup of their players. Here is what the South Florida Strength Coach had to say about 5th Round pick Aaron Lynch:

"Thought an organization with 5 Super Bowl titles would have a stricter draft criteria. Clearly, integrity & character are not a priority," Straub wrote.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Saw this, thought it was pretty funny. That coach got suspended for his words.

If Lynch gets arrested in the next year, I will have to refer to Aldon and Lynch as Bonnie and Clyde.

JZ#1

Reaction score
All teams evaluate players with questionable off the field behavior. If you don't, you are going to lose out. Make fun of our rival for taking a guy with a questionable past in the mid rounds, but completely neglect the fact we took a 1st round pick who was arrested for stealing someones purse? Can't have it both ways guys. :179422:

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local ... 67784.html

Three incoming freshman UCLA football players were arrested in an on-campus incident and face felony theft charges.

"We are aware of the situation and we are looking into it," UCLA spokesperson Marc Dellins told the Los Angeles Times. "We will have a comment at the appropriate time."

Bruin recruits Paul Richardson, Shaquille Richardson and Josh Shirley were the ones arrested on June 23 by UCLA police on campus, according to the Times. The three incoming freshman UCLA football players who were arrested last week face felony burglary charges for reportedly stealing the purse of another student, a police sergeant said Sunday.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
JZ, the Hawks head coach hasn't pointed a finger at a division rival and condemned them while claiming his team is "above reproach" only to see how many guys on his roster get in trouble with the law?

JZ#1

Reaction score
I get your point. But its silly to expect the whiners to change how they draft after a few bad apples. Everyone wants the best talent and will give incoming draft picks the benefit of the doubt over most off the field problems.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
JZ#1":aiw5qx23 said:
All teams evaluate players with questionable off the field behavior. If you don't, you are going to lose out. Make fun of our rival for taking a guy with a questionable past in the mid rounds, but completely neglect the fact we took a 1st round pick who was arrested for stealing someones purse? Can't have it both ways guys. :179422:

Three incoming freshman UCLA football players were arrested in an on-campus incident and face felony theft charges.

"We are aware of the situation and we are looking into it," UCLA spokesperson Marc Dellins told the Los Angeles Times. "We will have a comment at the appropriate time."

Bruin recruits Paul Richardson, Shaquille Richardson and Josh Shirley were the ones arrested on June 23 by UCLA police on campus, according to the Times. The three incoming freshman UCLA football players who were arrested last week face felony burglary charges for reportedly stealing the purse of another student, a police sergeant said Sunday.
Yeah, well, the Hawks Brass didn't have a presser in the weeks before the draft announcing how character is really important to them. The Niners did.

I would have to assume that a strength coach calling a guy out is more related to his football character. Also, Lynch's defense of whatever it is is classic loser. He essentially says he just did the dumb stuff kids his age do. While quite likely true, no one wants to hear excuses from Lynch. I can say it was dumb stuff kids do, he needs to just stand up and be accountable.

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought Harbaugh was directly responding to a question from a reporter. I also don't recall a press confrence set up specifically for that purpose.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":3sf9ev44 said:
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought Harbaugh was directly responding to a question from a reporter. I also don't recall a press confrence set up specifically for that purpose.

All I remember is that whiny bitch jumping up and down and screaming like a little girl who didn't get her cabbage patch doll as he watched his soft team get pimp-slapped out of the playoffs for the third time in a row. And it was pretty damn funny.

Almost as funny as listening to Kaepernick predict a Denver win in the Superbowl a few days before we gutted the Donkies and hung their corpses over that billboard in Fife.

Or the bonus laughs when your team started shooting people at parties, and making bomb threats at airports or threatening children with brass knuckles.

Above reproach? Looks to me like the Santa Clara whiners just want to pick on somebody but can't find anyone weaker without targeting children and people on bicycles.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":2dbwzjws said:
Baalke addressed it too. You have to understand, all our mock outrage is mostly because when we had a rash of suspensions, Harbaugh couldn't keep his trap shut and tried to talk about his superior ways. This thread isn't about Hawk fans thinking they are better than you, it's about pointing out that the holier than the Seahawks talk from Harbs where he even invoked the name of his football god, Schembechler, was a bunch of horse shit. Above reproach my ass.

It doesn't really matter, there are not many angels in the world or the draft, it's just kind of funny.

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
Hans, I remember Harbaugh actually being a good sport after that perticular game. Isn't that when Sherm slapped him on the back, ran away and then said Harbs was ignoring him when film shows him turning around to congratulate him?

Now I will be the first to say that Harbaughs tantrums are embarrassing as a Niner fan but quite often fans take things out of context. In the above reproach comment if you go back and see might have be one of those times.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":12x56jtp said:
Odd I remember Harbaugh actually being a good sport after that perticular game. Isn't that when Sherm slapped him on the back, ran away and then said Herbs was ignoring him when film shows him turning around to congratulate him?

Harbaugh may have ignored him earlier than that soooooo.....

Sherman slapped him on the back and immediately turned around and didn't see any reaction of Harbaugh's soooooooo...

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":10wovrr6 said:
Hans, I remember Harbaugh actually being a good sport after that perticular game. Isn't that when Sherm slapped him on the back, ran away and then said Herbs was ignoring him when film shows him turning around to congratulate him?
It wasn't after a game. It was prior to the 2013 season when asked about the suspensions in Seattle. He went into a long pontification about his program being like Michigan, and above reproach.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":ewxjs5lh said:
Hans, I remember Harbaugh actually being a good sport after that perticular game. Isn't that when Sherm slapped him on the back, ran away and then said Herbs was ignoring him when film shows him turning around to congratulate him?

I just watched the TV broadcast of the NFCCG for the first time a few days ago and Little Jimmy was crying and whining like a beyotch for most of the second half. Complete with the stomping, kicking and throwing his arms around literally like a 5 year old girl who didn't get her cabbage patch doll.

When I get home maybe I'll make some gifs for you. It was classic Harbaugh and just as delicious and hilarious as Kaepernicks sour grape tears the following week.

Face it. Your team is a bunch of whiny putzes who embarrass their fans weekly. But hey, plenty of cyclists to run over in Santa Clara. You show em who's boss! Above reproach!!

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
bigtrain21":38cvzvzr said:
Harbaugh may have ignored him earlier than that soooooo.....

Sherman slapped him on the back and immediately turned around and didn't see any reaction of Harbaugh's soooooooo...

I know Sherm is great but even he doesn't have eyes in the back of his head.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
JZ#1":arqymhbq said:

You can stop with the "our" and "we" stuff JZ... I promise we will accept you as a Niner fan, but the more you play the role, the more obvious it is. Go figure, you are there to defend the integrity of Niner nation and point out that the Hawks have a player that has been in trouble before too. Like it has been said, Harbaugh commented on players that he does not coach, whether he was asked or not he should of distanced himself from that comment. PC hasn't said a word about the Forty-Felons.

HansGruber

Reaction score
That's funny, I don't remember any Seahawks ever being arrested for threatening a child with brass knuckles.

Did I miss something?

bigtrain21

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3e9cu3fm said:
JZ#1":3e9cu3fm said:

You can stop with the "our" and "we" stuff JZ... I promise we will accept you as a Niner fan, but the more you play the role, the more obvious it is. Go figure, you are there to defend the integrity of Niner nation and point out that the Hawks have a player that has been in trouble before too. Like it has been said, Harbaugh commented on players that he does not coach, whether he was asked or not he should of distanced himself from that comment. PC hasn't said a word about the Forty-Felons.

He thinks because he called them the Whiners it makes him legit.

Latest posts