Santa Clara 49ers trade 4th round pick for Stevie Johnson

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
  • SouthSoundHawk wrote:Meh.

They still have good Old One Read throwing the ball.

He can get all the separation he wants, doesn't mean the Spring Breaker is going to see him.

See Vernon Davis
    Don't let the username fool you, I bleed red and gold.
    Sherminator
    NET Starter

• That's a great trade for the Niners. Like Johnson a lot and has fantastic hands too.

It looks like Harbafreak is going to turn the Niners into a passing team yet!
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• And if a QB is going to have one read, it might as well be Stevie Johnson.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• rlkats wrote:
    HansGruber wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:Kep calling in Santa Clara all you want. Doesn't bother me. :D

Also...run and hide...WTF are you talking about. I left for a few months last year but I was here on the day of the NFCCG to offer gratz and have been on here regularly since.

I saw you here after the Superbowl. You know I'm talking about Niner fans in general. Your entire fanbase is all mouth, and then once they lose the game, they're off hiding again, and bragging about their rings from the 1980's as if anyone other than Niner fans cares about that. It's like bragging about having all the New Kids on the Block albums on cassette.

As to Stevie Johnson... great trade for the 49ers. No doubt about it.

But the games are played during the season. And the 49ers haven't won anything. You all seem to forget who is the Reigning World Champions. Show some respect and save that little boy "yap yap" for the other puppies. This is Big Dog country right here. Y'all are nothin' but pups and you don't scare anyone in Seattle. We've watched the Niners yappin off at the gums for the last 3 years and do NOTHING. Your team isn't even man enough to admit when they get beat down. You haven't earned any respect, and your team is irrelevant to us. We own you. That is fact.

Acquiring a great WR doesn't put you in our league. Winning a championship NOW puts you even with us. Until then, you all keep licking our boots and acting tough. It's good for a laugh.

man somebody didn't get a nap today hahaha just screwing with ya

I dunno who he's even talking too. Lol. I don't see to many Niner fans in here thumping our chests. I think the Niner fan reaction to this trade in this forum is along the lines of "wow, I didn't see that coming". In fact all the peeps who are praising the move here are Seattle fans.

I think he just liked to rage at the world sometimes and just targets whomever is convienient.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Sherminator wrote:
    SouthSoundHawk wrote:Meh.

They still have good Old One Read throwing the ball.

He can get all the separation he wants, doesn't mean the Spring Breaker is going to see him.

See Vernon Davis

Vernon Davis see Kamtrak! 8) Headache to soon follow.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• If he isn't the first read for Kaep, this trade will be worthless to the niners. They should have used at least one of their picks on a QB.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• bigtrain21 wrote:
    HansGruber wrote:
    Also, I do find it hilarious how you trolls run and hide after every beatdown. It was so quiet here all summer. Now, you pickup Stevie Johnson and suddenly you're beating your troll chests

Exactly.

5_Old_Rings last posted a week ago and once the trade gets made a post within a couple hours. You hit the nail on the head with that observation.

B.S. until the draft the conversations around here have just been boring, get over yourselves. No one is hiding.
    Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono
    lvnginhwktwn
    NET Veteran

• rideaducati wrote:If he isn't the first read for Kaep, this trade will be worthless to the niners. They should have used at least one of their picks on a QB.

Was going to say this..... But it looks like they are willing to let the whiner ship sink with captain one read (see latest quarter of play, fumble, pick, pick for example) which is fine with me. Contain him so he can't run, take away his first read, and he turns into the human turnover machine. :lol:

Boy, the whiners are going to love Stevie's work ethic, :sarcasm_off: and I bet Stevie will suffer from a long term case of alligator arms after he meets the LOB. He will be decent against crap defenses, but he'll struggle against the NFCW D's.
    Last edited by Sports Hernia on Sun May 11, 2014 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• lvnginhwktwn wrote:
    bigtrain21 wrote:
    HansGruber wrote:
    Also, I do find it hilarious how you trolls run and hide after every beatdown. It was so quiet here all summer. Now, you pickup Stevie Johnson and suddenly you're beating your troll chests

Exactly.

5_Old_Rings last posted a week ago and once the trade gets made a post within a couple hours. You hit the nail on the head with that observation.

B.S. until the draft the conversations around here have just been boring, get over yourselves. No one is hiding.

I'm sure you whiner trolls have been "just busy" and all. 8)
    It must be tough when the team's site you've been trolling, said team ends up hoisting the Lombardi. :lol:
    That has to suck! 8)

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• rlkats wrote:
    bjornanderson21 wrote:
    WilsonMVP wrote:WTF...do the niners have some blackmail on teams when it comes to trading for WRs...

how the hell do they get Johnson for a 4th NEXT year and Boldin for a 6th...are you kidding me? He was a 1000 yard WR from 2010 to 2012 for 3 seasons.

I agree to a point they have hit big but also loss big on some picks. But that's why everybody is human. And it's easy to armchair the GM or coach thing. But all clubs in the NFCW are going to be deadly

In case you don't remember, a year ago people were laughing at the niners for "only" getting Boldin while the Hawks were gonna get 1000 yards and 10 tds from Harvin.

The niners don't have blackmail, they just made smarter trades. The boldin trade and the johnson trade were/are bith better than the Harvin trade.

The hawks went big and got small results, the niners went medium and got huge results.

I'll take Schneider over Baalke but people need to stop underestimating their front office.

The Lombardi says that the Harvin trade was better, sorry! 8)

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    rlkats wrote:
    bjornanderson21 wrote:
    WilsonMVP wrote:WTF...do the niners have some blackmail on teams when it comes to trading for WRs...

how the hell do they get Johnson for a 4th NEXT year and Boldin for a 6th...are you kidding me? He was a 1000 yard WR from 2010 to 2012 for 3 seasons.

I agree to a point they have hit big but also loss big on some picks. But that's why everybody is human. And it's easy to armchair the GM or coach thing. But all clubs in the NFCW are going to be deadly

In case you don't remember, a year ago people were laughing at the niners for "only" getting Boldin while the Hawks were gonna get 1000 yards and 10 tds from Harvin.

The niners don't have blackmail, they just made smarter trades. The boldin trade and the johnson trade were/are bith better than the Harvin trade.

The hawks went big and got small results, the niners went medium and got huge results.

I'll take Schneider over Baalke but people need to stop underestimating their front office.

he really set himself up for that one. why do 49ers fans have to come in and talk crap.. Seahawks fans have the higher ground until the 49ers win a SB
    Front7vLOB
    NET Practice Squad

• Front7vLOB wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    rlkats wrote:
    bjornanderson21 wrote:WTF...do the niners have some blackmail on teams when it comes to trading for WRs...

he really set himself up for that one. why do 49ers fans have to come in and talk crap.. Seahawks fans have the higher ground until the 49ers win a SB

Very true..... But Rlkats is probably the best behaved 9'er fan here by far, so I try to cut him a little slack as he has earned his stripes over here IMHO! ....but your point remains! :)

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• We would of won that superbowl with out Harvin anyways. Harvin was a luxury. We will see if the trade is worth it, next year.
    JZ#1
    NET Rookie

• lvnginhwktwn wrote:
    bigtrain21 wrote:
    HansGruber wrote:

Exactly.

For you and your buddies maybe, it's actually been pretty interesting for Seahawk fans at least for offseason.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• Love(d) Stevie in Buffalo. Absolutely hate him as a Niner... Dude's going to be a problem for our secondary, Kaeptain-One-Read jokes aside.

Oh, and rlkats is alright. lvinginthepast, not so much.
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

• What I find interesting is how they plan to use Bruce Ellington. Crabtree, Boldin, Stevie is a great combo and would provide problems for any secondary but at best those guys are just quick, not fast and can't stretch the field. The guy who they drafted today Bruce Ellington is a burner from what I have read. So it will be interesting if he can find reps.
    JZ#1
    NET Rookie

• bigtrain21 wrote:
    HansGruber wrote:

Exactly.

Interesting. I posted May 9th in the Kap/Lockette/TMZ thread before I knew about it and probably before the trade was made. Tell me, do you get off on making a fool of yourself? Is it some sort of fetish?

Now go beat your chest like a good Follower and look at all your friends as you all satisfy each others egos because of your amazing generality about 49er fans you discovered.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Starter

• 5_Golden_Rings wrote:Interesting. I posted May 9th in the Kap/Lockette/TMZ thread before I knew about it and probably before the trade was made. Tell me, do you get off on making a fool of yourself? Is it some sort of fetish?

Now go beat your chest like a good Follower and look at all your friends as you all satisfy each others egos because of your amazing generality about 49er fans you discovered.

I am sure you are very proud of yourself.

As far as ego satisfaction? I'm pretty sure that nothing said about Niner fans could trump the fresh Lombardi trophy in Renton, the bar is set pretty high on that one. All this other stuff is just off season fodder.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• seahawk12thman wrote:Hmmm Are the Niners going to sign Kaep or let him walk Marvin?

The Niners got Johnson because of Sherman. Interesting post I thought I would share:
    "Let me educate the Buffalo haters and west coast football fans who don’t pay attention to the Bills and make snap judgments. Stevie Johnson only cost a 7th rd pick in 2008. In his years here he produced three 1,000 yd seasons. But…. he was aloof, never took a true leadership role, showed immense immaturity on many occasions (dropping OT TD vs Pittsburgh then blaming God, admitting to Jim Rome that he doesn’t work hard to achieve what he has, pretending to shoot himself in leg for TD celebration and many other penalties for excessive celebration). He never seemed to get it. He struggled with a bad groin for two seasons. His salary will be used to pay Sammy Watkins. The pick pays Buffalo back for one of the picks we gave up to acquire Watkins. And to think that this is an even talent for talent swap is insane. Sammy Watkins is an amazing blue chip prospect, way way better than Johnson and a better head on his shoulders. The Buffalo Bills hit a home run here. Putting Watkins with Robert Woods, Mike Williams and Marquise Goodwin is an awesome WR corps with no room for Stevie Johnson. You have been set straight".

If he wasn't even good enough to stave off his competition, I highly doubt he will dominate the NFC West. The Bills were looking to replace him and shipped him off for a fourth IN NEXT YEARS DRAFT. Not a ringing endorsement. Lynch was seen as a malcontent BUT LYNCH HAD A WORK ETHIC, Johnson not so much. Poor work habits admitted by none other than Stevie himself (transcript provided):
    http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2013/2/ ... falo-bills

You can also listen to this tool:

Lazy, choker and a prima donna. The kind of guy John Schneider avoids like the Plague.

The guy you quoted here is an idiot and knows nothing about football.

1/ Sammy Watkins is NOT a better player than Steve Johnson, I don't even think he was a better prospect and this is considering Steve was a Seventh rounder while Sammy was a top Seven pick. Do you realize over 50% of Sammy's college receptions and college yardage came from behind the line of scrimmage? You can do a ton in college off of missed tackles alone (see Jameis Winston's entire 2013 season). It won't fly in the league. Potent, yes. Far from a sure thing and certainly not better.

2/ Stevie can say what he wants but the proof is in the pudding. The man didn't learn to run his routes the way he does just sitting on his ass. He was a seventh round pick, he didn't make a roster by being lazy. He didn't kick my ass just sitting on his. I respect Steve Johnson. Hell, there's a song about how hard he works. It's called marketing. If you have to act an a-hole in order to get yourself noticed, by all means do it!
    Richard_Sherman
    NET Bench Warmer

• loafoftatupu wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:Interesting. I posted May 9th in the Kap/Lockette/TMZ thread before I knew about it and probably before the trade was made. Tell me, do you get off on making a fool of yourself? Is it some sort of fetish?

I am sure you are very proud of yourself.

As far as ego satisfaction? I'm pretty sure that nothing said about Niner fans could trump the fresh Lombardi trophy in Renton, the bar is set pretty high on that one. All this other stuff is just off season fodder.

Seattle was the best team last year. One of the best defenses ever. What is the relevance to the retarded, INACCURATE and baseless generalization I responded to?
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Starter

• 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    bigtrain21 wrote:
    HansGruber wrote:

Exactly.

Interesting. I posted May 9th in the Kap/Lockette/TMZ thread before I knew about it and probably before the trade was made. Tell me, do you get off on making a fool of yourself? Is it some sort of fetish?

The trade was made two and a half hours before you posted you dumbass. Wow. Quit lying.
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

SF49r
    NET Rookie

• SF49r wrote:*Posted meaningless .gif from 50-17 win*

bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

• 5_Golden_Rings wrote:Seattle was the best team last year. One of the best defenses ever. What is the relevance to the retarded, INACCURATE and baseless generalization I responded to?

Don't yell at me Bro.

I see no need for relevance. It is like the wild card, Ace in the hole of all conversation. I just really like saying it.

Got Jock itch?

Seahawks won the Super Bowl.

Michael Sam? Who cares?

You're awesomeness called the trade?

loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• :snack: :stirthepot: 8)
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• loafoftatupu wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:Seattle was the best team last year. One of the best defenses ever. What is the relevance to the retarded, INACCURATE and baseless generalization I responded to?

Don't yell at me Bro.

I see no need for relevance. It is like the wild card, Ace in the hole of all conversation. I just really like saying it.

Got Jock itch?

Michael Sam? Who cares?

You're awesomeness called the trade?

I have to admit....

....I know the 49ers Lombardi Trophies are a few decades old now so it's not apples to apples, but seeing a Seahawk fan say something like that after all the crap I've taken for being a Niner fan amuses me. :)
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• bigtrain21 wrote:
    SF49r wrote:*Posted meaningless .gif from 50-17 win*

Don't make me get a pic of the 5 lombardis!!
    SF49r
    NET Rookie

• SF49r wrote:
    bigtrain21 wrote:

If we want to see your old trophies we will watch antiques road show along with the history channel.
    How many of those players that earned those old relics are on the current whiner team? <cue the jeopardy music as this might take awhile>
    Last edited by Sports Hernia on Mon May 12, 2014 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    SF49r wrote:
    bigtrain21 wrote:

If we want to see you old trophies we will watch antiques road show along with the history channel.
    How many of those players that earned those old relics are on the current whiner team? <cue the jeopardy music as this might take awhile>

Nobody? :mrgreen:
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• You should post a picture of the Lombardi trophy, not the NFC Championship trophy lol. Most of the 49ers current roster has earned that trophy that you posted Sherman holding. lololol
    JZ#1
    NET Rookie

• JZ#1 wrote:You should post a picture of the Lombardi trophy, not the NFC Championship trophy lol. Most of the 49ers current roster has earned that trophy that you posted Sherman holding. lololol

Not vs the Seahawks and Sherman.
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

• SF49r wrote:
    bigtrain21 wrote:

Richard Sherman was 6 years old when the 49ers won their last Super Bowl. He is 26 now. You do the math.
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

• bigtrain21 wrote:
    JZ#1 wrote:You should post a picture of the Lombardi trophy, not the NFC Championship trophy lol. Most of the 49ers current roster has earned that trophy that you posted Sherman holding. lololol

Not vs the Seahawks and Sherman.

Oh I see now.
    JZ#1
    NET Rookie

• SF49r wrote:
    bigtrain21 wrote:

Yes, because 20 years ago is so relevant now. 8)
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:....I know the 49ers Lombardi Trophies are a few decades old now so it's not apples to apples, but seeing a Seahawk fan say something like that after all the crap I've taken for being a Niner fan amuses me. :)

Marvin gets the joke.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• loafoftatupu wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:....I know the 49ers Lombardi Trophies are a few decades old now so it's not apples to apples, but seeing a Seahawk fan say something like that after all the crap I've taken for being a Niner fan amuses me. :)

Marvin gets the joke.

Actually he probably doesn't, he is just pretending he does. 8)

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• MizzouHawkGal wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    SF49r wrote:
    bigtrain21 wrote:Posted meaningless .gif from 50-17 win*

If we want to see you old trophies we will watch antiques road show along with the history channel.

Nobody? :mrgreen:

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner! :th2thumbs: .....you ruined it though for the whiner trolls that were still trying to come up withs the correct answer. :|

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• bigtrain21 wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    bigtrain21 wrote:
    HansGruber wrote:

Exactly.

The trade was made two and a half hours before you posted you dumbass. Wow. Quit lying.

Hey dumbass, the first post I made in this thread was a response to YOU regarding your stupid and factually baseless accusation. The previous post I made prior to answering your claim was the TMZ thread... WHICH MEANS THE ENTIRE BASIS FOR YOUR ATTACK ON ME IS BASELESS.

Who is the idiot now, man. I was actually screwing my girlfriend off and on most of the day Friday and had no knowledge of the Stevie Johnson trade until the evening. But as I pointed out, I DIDN'T EVEN POST IN THIS THREAD UNTIL AFTER YOU ACCUSED ME OF POSTING IN THE THREAD!

Lmmfao. Really dude, how much bigger an ass can you possibly make of yourself?
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Starter

• 5_Golden_Rings wrote:Hey dumbass, the first post I made in this thread was a response to YOU regarding your stupid and factually baseless accusation. The previous post I made prior to answering your claim was the TMZ thread... WHICH MEANS THE ENTIRE BASIS FOR YOUR ATTACK ON ME IS BASELESS.

Who is the idiot now, man. I was actually screwing my girlfriend off and on most of the day Friday and had no knowledge of the Stevie Johnson trade until the evening. But as I pointed out, I DIDN'T EVEN POST IN THIS THREAD UNTIL AFTER YOU ACCUSED ME OF POSTING IN THE THREAD!

Lmmfao. Really dude, how much bigger an ass can you possibly make of yourself?

Did I say you were posting on the subject of Stevie Johnson in this thread???? No. I knew you posted in that thread and not in this one and I never said you posted in this specific thread.

I guess it was just dumb luck that you hadn't posted in a week and came out of hiding 2 and a half hours after the trade??? I don't believe you. Here is how I think it went down. You heard about the trade in between sessions with big bertha and decided to see we were saying. There was nothing you felt necessary to defend your runnerups about so you made a post in a different thread.

On a side note I am glad you are accepting the moniker of 5_Old_Rings.
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

• I can't wait to see the "12th man" meltdown next year when your precious Hawks don't live up to your expectations. Go ahead keep talking crap, you have til next season to get it out of your system.

And just to be clear, I am NOT comparing how your team will do against mine. I simply mean when your team does not do as well as this last season, it will be fun to watch the meltdown, your fair weather fans go back to talking shit about their own team like I use to hear here in Seattle 5 years ago, your new bandwagoneers jump ship and abandon the "12th man". And speaking of the '12th man" I really can't wait to see how much A&M charges the Hawks for the use of that name when they raise the price from 5000 a year to ? in 2016

But until then enjoy your crap talking and generalizations "Super Bowl Champs" :pukeface:
    lvnginhwktwn
    NET Veteran

• He mad.
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

• lvnginhwktwn wrote:I can't wait to see the "12th man" meltdown next year when your precious Hawks don't live up to your expectations. Go ahead keep talking crap, you have til next season to get it out of your system.

And just to be clear, I am NOT comparing how your team will do against mine. I simply mean when your team does not do as well as this last season, it will be fun to watch the meltdown, your fair weather fans go back to talking shit about their own team like I use to hear here in Seattle 5 years ago, your new bandwagoneers jump ship and abandon the "12th man". And speaking of the '12th man" I really can't wait to see how much A&M charges the Hawks for the use of that name when they raise the price from 5000 a year to ? in 2016

But until then enjoy your crap talking and generalizations "Super Bowl Champs" :pukeface:

Livinginthepast,

Just leave the board then. Not one person is keeping you here or gives any sort of a crap about your opinion on things. No one here is saying we are guaranteed a Super Bowl so I don't see why you think our team is any different in that way than other contenders and are going to have some of epic meltdown.
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

• lvnginhwktwn wrote:I can't wait to see the "12th man" meltdown next year when your precious Hawks don't live up to your expectations. Go ahead keep talking crap, you have til next season to get it out of your system.

U Mad Bro?
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Holy Shit. Lvng went full Niner.

"I can't wait for (insert prediction of Seahawks demise with no basis here) "

That is 100 percent Niner, a phrase they have been using since the mid 2000s. They say that shit every year and rarely does it ring true.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Holy crap is this funny as hell lol. People actually getting mad as hell on a football message board. Jeez. Hahahahaha
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Well you might be waiting for awhile troll. LOL.

This is a SEATTLE SEAHAWKS forum, if you don't like the content, nobody is stopping you from leaving!

LOL, as for the A&M thing, color me not worried..... you do realize that Paul Allen is one of the richest men on the planet don't you? Of course you didn't. :34853_doh:

As for being champs, YES, we will celebrate the CURRENT Lombardi trophy and often, while I'm sure you will be Livinginthepast celebrating 20+ year old relics that were mostly won before you existed. That's sad, that'd be like us STILL celebrating and bragging about the Sonics championship in 1979.

Hell you guys are still celebrating 20 year+ antiques, I'm going to celebrate the piss out of the shiny new Lombardi for awhile, deal with it Sparky!

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• rlkats wrote:Holy crap is this funny as hell lol. People actually getting mad as hell on a football message board. Jeez. Hahahahaha

Yep! :D

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• bigtrain21 wrote:
    lvnginhwktwn wrote:I can't wait to see the "12th man" meltdown next year when your precious Hawks don't live up to your expectations. Go ahead keep talking crap, you have til next season to get it out of your system.

Livinginthepast,

Just leave the board then. Not one person is keeping you here or gives any sort of a crap about your opinion on things. No one here is saying we are guaranteed a Super Bowl so I don't see why you think our team is any different in that way than other contenders and are going to have some of epic meltdown.

Well I guess you have nothing to worry about, if your fan base doesn't have a total meltdown next season then I guess you'll have the last laugh.
    lvnginhwktwn
    NET Veteran

And when that happens all of the seahawk trolls will disappear from existence again on nfl.com articles and 49er highlight videos. Also this message board will start to lose activity. They will all migrate to the next winning team.
    SF49r
    NET Rookie

• rlkats wrote:Holy crap is this funny as hell lol. People actually getting mad as hell on a football message board. Jeez. Hahahahaha

I agree. Your team is no joke and you had a good draft but fact is we're the best until we cannot defend our title. Quite simple really.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:00 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information