Santa Clara 49ers trade 4th round pick for Stevie Johnson

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
  • SF49r wrote:
    lvnginhwktwn wrote:I can't wait to see the "12th man" meltdown next year when your precious Hawks don't live up to your expectations. Go ahead keep talking crap, you have til next season to get it out of your system.

And just to be clear, I am NOT comparing how your team will do against mine. I simply mean when your team does not do as well as this last season, it will be fun to watch the meltdown, your fair weather fans go back to talking shit about their own team like I use to hear here in Seattle 5 years ago, your new bandwagoneers jump ship and abandon the "12th man". And speaking of the '12th man" I really can't wait to see how much A&M charges the Hawks for the use of that name when they raise the price from 5000 a year to ? in 2016

But until then enjoy your crap talking and generalizations "Super Bowl Champs" :pukeface:

And when that happens all of the seahawk trolls will disappear from existence again on nfl.com articles and 49er highlight videos. Also this message board will start to lose activity. They will all migrate to the next winning team.

Lol... That's funny coming from your fanbase
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• lvnginhwktwn wrote:
    bigtrain21 wrote:
    lvnginhwktwn wrote:I can't wait to see the "12th man" meltdown next year when your precious Hawks don't live up to your expectations. Go ahead keep talking crap, you have til next season to get it out of your system.

And just to be clear, I am NOT comparing how your team will do against mine. I simply mean when your team does not do as well as this last season, it will be fun to watch the meltdown, your fair weather fans go back to talking shit about their own team like I use to hear here in Seattle 5 years ago, your new bandwagoneers jump ship and abandon the "12th man". And speaking of the '12th man" I really can't wait to see how much A&M charges the Hawks for the use of that name when they raise the price from 5000 a year to ? in 2016

But until then enjoy your crap talking and generalizations "Super Bowl Champs" :pukeface:

Livinginthepast,

Just leave the board then. Not one person is keeping you here or gives any sort of a crap about your opinion on things. No one here is saying we are guaranteed a Super Bowl so I don't see why you think our team is any different in that way than other contenders and are going to have some of epic meltdown.

Well I guess you have nothing to worry about, if your fan base doesn't have a total meltdown next season then I guess you'll have the last laugh.

Fanbases whos team wins the Championship don't usually meltdown. Think about that for a bit. :mrgreen:
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• SF49r wrote:

And when that happens all of the seahawk trolls will disappear from existence again on nfl.com articles and 49er highlight videos. Also this message board will start to lose activity. They will all migrate to the next winning team.
    :1:
    Oh the irony of this statement coming from a whiners troll...... Isnt it about time for you to dig deep into your closet and drag out your old Raider jerseys??????????

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Santa Clara fans believe that they're fated to win XLIX. Can't blame them for hoping like hell that we under achieve.
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

• lvnginhwktwn wrote:I can't wait to see the "12th man" meltdown next year when your precious Hawks don't live up to your expectations. Go ahead keep talking crap, you have til next season to get it out of your system.

I wonder what you'll be saying in 2016 after our 3Pete in Santa Clara?
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• SF49r wrote:And when that happens all of the seahawk trolls will disappear from existence again on nfl.com articles and 49er highlight videos. Also this message board will start to lose activity. They will all migrate to the next winning team.

Is this for real?

Disappear from existence again? In the past 10 years the Hawks have made the post season 7 times and won games in those post seasons. There wasn't any real down time to disappear. On the other hand, the Niners sucked for nearly a decade, had a few good seasons and the entitlement is in full force.

Most of the newer posters here are Niner trolls anyways. Either pretending to be Seahawks fans that are scared of the Niners awesomeness or "respect" them deeply. That and the DenialZone type. Where there is sn excuse for everything.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Well, this thread certainly seems to have more vitriol than usual
    thebanjodude
    NET Starter

• thebanjodude wrote:Well, this thread certainly seems to have more vitriol than usual

What the f*ck is that supposed to mean!?!?!?
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

• OK....

To some (not all) of the Niners fans on this board.

Seattle is Super Bowl Champion. Own it. No getting around it. They earned it. The fans will ram it down your throat at every opportunity...just as 49er fans would do if they had won. Talking about the demise of the Seahawks rings hollow. The reality is that these are the best 2 teams in the NFL and will likely again be the best 2 teams in the NFL next year.

They won this round and there will be another round next year. Lets just see what happens and not boldly predict the demise of a very young team.

I would say to Seahawk fans though that when the Niners won the NFC Championship you guys were making the opposite argument...but that's all good. The NFC Championship is not a Lombardi.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• MizzouHawkGal wrote:

I wonder what you'll be saying in 2016 after our 3Pete in Santa Clara?

Wake up and say "Wow what a crazy dream! Thank god it won't ever be reality!"
    SF49r
    NET Rookie

• -The Glove- wrote:
    SF49r wrote:

Lol... That's funny coming from your fanbase

Go to every NFL.com article involving the 49ers

That's all you will see in the comment sections.
    SF49r
    NET Rookie

• lvnginhwktwn wrote:I can't wait to see the "12th man" meltdown next year when your precious Hawks don't live up to your expectations. Go ahead keep talking crap, you have til next season to get it out of your system.

Typical Niner fan.

Admits that his team can't beat us. Hopes the Seahawks will "melt down". Accuses 12th Man of being fairweather (which is highly ironic considering Candlestick has been a ghost town since the early 90's).

Sees picture of Pete Carroll holding the 2014 Lombardi. Runs away to find some black and white Polaroids from the 1980's and brag about a team he wasn't old enough to even watch.

Congrats on winning the Superbowl in the 1980's. Just remember, the Redskins and Cowgirls were good back then, too. You're all irrelevant now. Just perennial losers talking about what could have been, what should have been, and how you wuz robbed.

Loser.

Now kiss the ring and get out of my office.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:I would say to Seahawk fans though that when the Niners won the NFC Championship you guys were making the opposite argument...but that's all good. The NFC Championship is not a Lombardi.

Huh? All I remember is watching SF go to the Superbowl as a heavy favorite against an old aging team with no real offense and a QB who sets the bar for mediocrity, and then absolutely STINK IT UP. Flacco owes the 49ers a massive boquet of flowers and a thank you card. Your "good but not quite good enough" team single-handedly handed him a contract he doesn't deserve, thanks to making him look like the 2007 Tom Brady.

Baltimore did to SF what Seattle did to Denver. It wasn't even close until the power went out and the Niners had an hour to reconvene, adjust their schemes, and start over. And they still couldn't do it. Leave it up to Kaepernick and a fade pass that sailed 20 feet over the nearest WR's head. Kaepernick - worst 4th quarter QB I've ever seen on a good team (Flacco is better).

It's hilarious that any 49er fan would even bring that game up. I guarantee if Seattle played Baltimore, that game wouldn't have been close, and you know it as well as I do. You all had your chance and showed the world that Harbaugh will never have what it takes to win a championship at any level of the sport. He and his teams always have and always will come up short.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

• HansGruber wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:I would say to Seahawk fans though that when the Niners won the NFC Championship you guys were making the opposite argument...but that's all good. The NFC Championship is not a Lombardi.

Huh? All I remember is watching SF go to the Superbowl as a heavy favorite against an old aging team with no real offense and a QB who sets the bar for mediocrity, and then absolutely STINK IT UP. Flacco owes the 49ers a massive boquet of flowers and a thank you card. Your "good but not quite good enough" team single-handedly handed him a contract he doesn't deserve, thanks to making him look like the 2007 Tom Brady.

Baltimore did to SF what Seattle did to Denver. It wasn't even close until the power went out and the Niners had an hour to reconvene, adjust their schemes, and start over. And they still couldn't do it. Leave it up to Kaepernick and a fade pass that sailed 20 feet over the nearest WR's head. Kaepernick - worst 4th quarter QB I've ever seen on a good team (Flacco is better).

It's hilarious that any 49er fan would even bring that game up. I guarantee if Seattle played Baltimore, that game wouldn't have been close, and you know it as well as I do. You all had your chance and showed the world that Harbaugh will never have what it takes to win a championship at any level of the sport. He and his teams always have and always will come up short.

A good number of 49er fans felt that our coaching staff let us down in that game -- no excuse for an illegal procedure on first play of the super bowl.

Baltimore to its credit was a more veteran team than SF, a team that was constantly in the playoff hunt since 2008 and finally got over the hump. While they had a terrible mid season performance, they finished very strong. And if you want to see their potential that year, just look at the season opener against the Bengals....a very punishing performance.

That to me was a good amount of the difference, and perhaps the Ravens coaching staff does not get enough credit to exploit 49er weaknesses in the secondary and so forth.

The 49ers ability to mount a comeback at all speaks volumes in my opinion that they should have won the game if it was played over, or at least win the majority of them. The 49ers of this past year do not lose that game as evidenced by how they played in the playoffs in hostile road conditions.

Seahawks vs. Ravens would have been a good game as well, hard to say how it would have played out. I don't see those Ravens getting blown out by either 49ers or Seahawks. Remember the Seahawks also struggled early in the playoff games like the 49ers.

The Ravens certainly would never have laid down like the Broncos. Remember, the Ravens are a complete football team with head coach, not a quarterback with 52 teammates and a few consultants on the sideline.
    NINEster
    NET Starter

• Marvin49 wrote:OK....

Seattle is Super Bowl Champion. Own it. No getting around it. They earned it. The fans will ram it down your throat at every opportunity...just as 49er fans would do if they had won. Talking about the demise of the Seahawks rings hollow. The reality is that these are the best 2 teams in the NFL and will likely again be the best 2 teams in the NFL next year.

They won this round and there will be another round next year. Lets just see what happens and not boldly predict the demise of a very young team.

I would say to Seahawk fans though that when the Niners won the NFC Championship you guys were making the opposite argument...but that's all good. The NFC Championship is not a Lombardi.

The *real question* is can they repeat. :mrgreen:
    Giedi
    NET Starter

• Giedi wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:OK....

Well, in order to repeat, you first have to Pete. Which means the job is already half done.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Giedi wrote:

I have a feeling you are NOT going to like the results.! :mrgreen:

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• JZ#1 wrote:You should post a picture of the Lombardi trophy, not the NFC Championship trophy lol. Most of the 49ers current roster has earned that trophy that you posted Sherman holding. lololol

Oh how did I miss this Gem?

It has already been said, we don't consider the NFCC an accomplishment, we consider it phase one of the single biggest Niner trolling event that has ever occurred, that is why the NFCC trophy of 2013 has value. The Niners didn't haven't to play the Hawks to get theirs. In fact, I remember Niner fans crying about the Seahawks taking the lead in 2012 even though that meant tht the Niners could play at home. Who cares what the Niners have, they haven't beaten the Hawks on their way to ANYTHING.

But you know all that, don't you JZ?
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Scottemojo wrote:
    Giedi wrote:

Well, in order to repeat, you first have to Pete. Which means the job is already half done.

Perhaps, but it's a tough division. This isn't the AFC East. :D Rams are up and coming and Arizona won 10 last year. So you guys got your job cut out for you, no doubt about it. With Wilson, you guys have a shot at it, without him - no way.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

• Giedi wrote:

And the real answer is of course they can, there are just number of components that need to be in place for it to be possible. I know one thing for certain, the Seahawks chances of winning a Super Bowl are no different than they were in 2013.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    Giedi wrote:

I have a feeling you are NOT going to like the results.! :mrgreen:

:th2thumbs: heh, as Marvin said, you guys are reigning champs for now, until the next season starts. Enjoy being king of the mountain, it doesn't last long. :mrgreen:
    Giedi
    NET Starter

• Giedi wrote:Perhaps, but it's a tough division. This isn't the AFC East. :D Rams are up and coming and Arizona won 10 last year. So you guys got your job cut out for you, no doubt about it. With Wilson, you guys have a shot at it, without him - no way.

Giedi was one of the 2013 prognosticators that claimed the Rams were a bigger threat the Hawks were.

It doesn't matter, both the Hawks and Niners are still able to improve. The Rams and Cards have to not only match that, but surpass it. Not likely. Always "any given Sunday" , but that doesn't mean anything in the regular season. The Seahawks are not going to just lose games because other Super Bowl winners didn't make it back, none of those teams were built like the Hawks, not a single one.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• loafoftatupu wrote:
    Giedi wrote:

And the real answer is of course they can, there are just number of components that need to be in place for it to be possible. I know one thing for certain, the Seahawks chances of winning a Super Bowl are no different than they were in 2013.

The real answer is "We'll see." :P

With the draft being over, both teams feel confident and their fan bases feel confident. That's a good thing going into the 2014 season. I've been to several non 'Hawk and '9er boards and no doubt about it, everybody feels the 'Hawks are the strongest team in the NFL right now.

*Can you repeat?* -- as you said a *ton* of things have to break right for the 'Hawks to repeat. The 49ers will do their best to make sure some of those things that need to go your way, don't break right for you guys. :mrgreen:
    Giedi
    NET Starter

• There is ONE reason San Francisco will never seriously contend with Seattle.

One of these QBs is a champ, the other is a chump. Good luck with all your new receivers. LOL

HansGruber
    NET Veteran

• Giedi wrote: :th2thumbs: heh, as Marvin said, you guys are reigning champs for now, until the next season starts. Enjoy being king of the mountain, it doesn't last long. :mrgreen:

No...according to Frank Gore and Niner jackwagons from the armpit of Niner nation, the Hawks are the Champs until they end their season.

And I can see the season flying by, but I know it is a long offseason for Niner fans. The thing is, you assume it is all over when the season gets going again, just like Niner fans did when the Hawks trounced them in the Clink 2012. During the offseason the Niner fans constantly claimed that "I can't wait to smack Seattle around in their own stadium" or that they couldn't wait for the next season to start, only for it to get more and more ugly for Niner nation as the Season ended. 2013 was jacked up for Niner fans. So many expectations, but so many failures,
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Giedi wrote:The real answer is "We'll see." :P

With the draft being over, both teams feel confident and their fan bases feel confident. That's a good thing going into the 2014 season. I've been to several non 'Hawk and '9er boards and no doubt about it, everybody feels the 'Hawks are the strongest team in the NFL right now.

*Can you repeat?* -- as you said a *ton* of things have to break right for the 'Hawks to repeat. The 49ers will do their best to make sure some of those things that need to go your way, don't break right for you guys. :mrgreen:

It is going to take a lot more change for the Niners to surpass the Hawks than it will for the Hawks to repeat.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• loafoftatupu wrote:
    Giedi wrote: :th2thumbs: heh, as Marvin said, you guys are reigning champs for now, until the next season starts. Enjoy being king of the mountain, it doesn't last long. :mrgreen:

No...according to Frank Gore and Niner jackwagons from the armpit of Niner nation, the Hawks are the Champs until they end their season.

And I can see the season flying by, but I know it is a long offseason for Niner fans. The thing is, you assume it is all over when the season gets going again, just like Niner fans did when the Hawks trounced them in the Clink 2012. During the offseason the Niner fans constantly claimed that "I can't wait to smack Seattle around in their own stadium" or that they couldn't wait for the next season to start, only for it to get more and more ugly for Niner nation as the Season ended. 2013 was jacked up for Niner fans. So many expectations, but so many failures,

I know *technically* that 'Hawks are the champions till the next superbowl winner is crowned. But in practical terms it doesn't work that way. Once the season begins, the last season is over. The sunday games win or lose - determine where the bragging rights belongs till the next game. That's just how it goes. :D
    Giedi
    NET Starter

• loafoftatupu wrote:
    Giedi wrote:The real answer is "We'll see." :P

It is going to take a lot more change for the Niners to surpass the Hawks than it will for the Hawks to repeat.

One of the things that has to break right for any superbowl team to repeat is having very few injuries. Rams lost Sam Bradford and you can see what it did to their season. I'm pretty sure with Bradford healthy, their 2013 season would have been a lot better than how it really turned out to be.

Seahawks have a big target on their backs right now, every NFL team has their date with you circled. Seahawks will get the best from every team they play this upcoming year. You guys are bringing 4 brand new offensive linemen into your team this year, smart move, because Wilson is your Ace and you have to protect him. Without Wilson - (and same for us, without our QB too) our season is probably finished.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

• HansGruber wrote:There is ONE reason San Francisco will never seriously contend with Seattle.

One of these QBs is a champ, the other is a chump. Good luck with all your new receivers. LOL

Thanks, we'll need all the luck we can get. Our receivers haven't been top of the line since Rice left. No doubt about it, that Colin has to catch up in the passing department with Wilson. Wilson makes you guys a superbowl team. Lynch is important and a big part of your offense, but you aren't a superbowl team without Wilson.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

• Giedi wrote:Thanks, we'll need all the luck we can get. Our receivers haven't been top of the line since Rice left. No doubt about it, that Colin has to catch up in the passing department with Wilson. Wilson makes you guys a superbowl team. Lynch is important and a big part of your offense, but you aren't a superbowl team without Wilson.

Without a doubt. Wilson is the silent killer. Everyone trash-talks him before big games. Just because he doesn't gun it all day like Manning. Because he kills teams with 2 TDs and 250 yards passing AND ZERO INTs. Everyone wants to see 500 yards passing and 4 TDs. Meanwhile, Russell quietly goes about owning 12 minutes of the first quarter, hitting targets when needed, running for 5-8 yards when needed, extending the plays when needed, and silently putting up 27 points on another hapless opponent (the one who was supposed to do that to us). Wilson just says cool and gets 'er done.

Kaepernick plays panicked. That's the difference. He even looks panicked. Y'all saw what Cool Joe looked like when he was down. Big contrast. And I'm not sure that's something you can fix with coaching. I'm not sure bringing in a bunch of WRs is going to help that, but you gotta go with what you got.

It'll be fun talking trash all season. I can't wait for the first Whiner fan to bring up the 80's. LAUGH RIOT!
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

• Giedi wrote:
    I know *technically* that 'Hawks are the champions till the next superbowl winner is crowned. But in practical terms it doesn't work that way. Once the season begins, the last season is over. The sunday games win or lose - determine where the bragging rights belongs till the next game. That's just how it goes. :D

No, that's how it goes to Niner fans when they CHOKE.

Don't be trying to use practical terms Giedi. I know you better than that. :D
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• HansGruber wrote:
    Giedi wrote:Thanks, we'll need all the luck we can get. Our receivers haven't been top of the line since Rice left. No doubt about it, that Colin has to catch up in the passing department with Wilson. Wilson makes you guys a superbowl team. Lynch is important and a big part of your offense, but you aren't a superbowl team without Wilson.

Without a doubt. Wilson is the silent killer. Everyone trash-talks him before big games. Just because he doesn't gun it all day like Manning. Because he kills teams with 2 TDs and 250 yards passing AND ZERO INTs. Everyone wants to see 500 yards passing and 4 TDs. Meanwhile, Russell quietly goes about owning 12 minutes of the first quarter, hitting targets when needed, running for 5-8 yards when needed, extending the plays when needed, and silently putting up 27 points on another hapless opponent (the one who was supposed to do that to us). Wilson just says cool and gets 'er done.

Kaepernick plays panicked. That's the difference. He even looks panicked. Y'all saw what Cool Joe looked like when he was down. Big contrast. And I'm not sure that's something you can fix with coaching. I'm not sure bringing in a bunch of WRs is going to help that, but you gotta go with what you got.

It'll be fun talking trash all season. I can't wait for the first Whiner fan to bring up the 80's. LAUGH RIOT!

Wilson is going to be a good QB for a long time. No doubt about it. Just keep giving him weapons and he'll take advantage of them. It takes a very solid defense and deep defense to slow him down, let alone stop him.

As for Kaepernick, even Jeff Hostetler and Trent Dilfer won superbowls despite having a lack of QB talent so I'm hopeful Kaepernick has a superbowl or two in him for his career. Each new season brings new optimism, so hopefully Colin will finally figure out there's more than one WR playing in his passing offense. :mrgreen:
    Giedi
    NET Starter

• loafoftatupu wrote:
    Giedi wrote:

Loafo, my buddy! I'm just trying to spare you the pain of discovering that past superbowls are just that *in the past!* :th2thumbs: :mrgreen:
    Giedi
    NET Starter

• Giedi wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:
    Giedi wrote:

Loafo, my buddy! I'm just trying to spare you the pain of discovering that past superbowls are just that *in the past!* :th2thumbs: :mrgreen:

It's not the past yet. Until February.:)
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• HansGruber wrote:There is ONE reason San Francisco will never seriously contend with Seattle.

Quite the interesting comparison, lets see... Wilson gets a free play against an average secondary with almost no pass rush because of a phantom whistle meanwhile Kap has to pass on one of the best secondaries in NFL history dealing with thousands of screaming assholes while sherman makes a superhuman play probably 90 percent of the corners in the league doesnt make that play. Thats not a biased comparison at all.

Oh and btw take away those big runs by lynch and Wilson probably wouldnt have won against the saints
    SF49r
    NET Rookie

• Giedi wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:

One of the things that has to break right for any superbowl team to repeat is having very few injuries. Rams lost Sam Bradford and you can see what it did to their season. I'm pretty sure with Bradford healthy, their 2013 season would have been a lot better than how it really turned out to be.

Seahawks have a big target on their backs right now, every NFL team has their date with you circled. Seahawks will get the best from every team they play this upcoming year. You guys are bringing 4 brand new offensive linemen into your team this year, smart move, because Wilson is your Ace and you have to protect him. Without Wilson - (and same for us, without our QB too) our season is probably finished.

I hate to break this to you, but with Seattle being most everyone's (outside of the Bay Area) pick to win the Super Bowl last year, they had a target on their backs in 2013, and how did that turn out???? <cue the jeopardy music>

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Phantom whistle? Nah...I'm pretty sure Smith bit hard on a hard count that particular play.
    Beast Mode
    NET Rookie

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    Giedi wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:

*Canq you repeat?* -- as you said a *ton* of things have to break right for the 'Hawks to repeat. The 49ers will do their best to make sure some of those things that need to go your way, don't break right for you guys. :mrgreen:

I hate to break this to you, but with Seattle being most everyone's (outside of the Bay Area) pick to win the Super Bowl last year, they had a target on their backs in 2013, and how did that turn out???? <cue the jeopardy music>

Quite a few teams actually played the hawks tough last season and should have beaten them, instead they had to shat the bed in the 4th quarter (see carolina, texans, rams, bucs game)
    SF49r
    NET Rookie

• SF49r wrote:
    HansGruber wrote:There is ONE reason San Francisco will never seriously contend with Seattle.

Quite the interesting comparison, lets see... Wilson gets a free play against an average secondary with almost no pass rush because of a phantom whistle meanwhile Kap has to pass on one of the best secondaries in NFL history dealing with thousands of screaming assholes while sherman makes a superhuman play probably 90 percent of the corners in the league doesnt make that play. Thats not a biased comparison at all.

Oh and btw take away those big runs by lynch and Wilson probably wouldnt have won against the saints

Excuses, excuses! SMH! And now you know why your fanbase is refered to as the whiners, that's all you do.

Lots of wishful thinking and "if" statements there.

If the epic choker Kraepper doesn't have 3 turnovers in the 4th quarter, SF goes to XLVIII in New York.

If your Aunt had a set of balls she'd be your uncle ....

I can play the "if" game all day long!

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Beast Mode wrote:Phantom whistle? Nah...I'm pretty sure Smith bit hard on a hard count that particular play.

If the whistle blew the play is dead so I don't know what he is talking about.
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

• bigtrain21 wrote:
    Beast Mode wrote:Phantom whistle? Nah...I'm pretty sure Smith bit hard on a hard count that particular play.

Play should have been dead because there was a whistle blown, but instead they kept it going. Thats why there was no effort in the 49ers front seven on that play because they thought the play was dead. Similar to the punt blocked against seattle in week 2.
    SF49r
    NET Rookie

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    SF49r wrote:
    HansGruber wrote:There is ONE reason San Francisco will never seriously contend with Seattle.

Excuses, excuses! SMH! And now you know why your fanbase is refered to as the whiners, that's all you do.

If the epic choker Kraepper doesn't have 3 turnovers in the 4th quarter, SF goes to XLVIII in New York.

Right.... I reread my post and did not see a single "if" in there.. are you dyslexic by any chance? Also you call us whiners but yet after the colts, 49ers, and arizona losses this forum was filled with whine and excuses.
    Last edited by SF49r on Wed May 14, 2014 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    SF49r
    NET Rookie

• bigtrain21 wrote:
    Beast Mode wrote:Phantom whistle? Nah...I'm pretty sure Smith bit hard on a hard count that particular play.

He doesn't know what he is talking about either, Alldumb bit on the hard count.
    Smith was offsides often that game, just the others were not as blatant .

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• SF49r wrote:
    bigtrain21 wrote:

Play should have been dead because there was a whistle blown, but instead they kept it going. Thats why there was no effort in the 49ers front seven on that play because they thought the play was dead. Similar to the punt blocked against seattle in week 2.

49ers fans always have to have some excuse. You are full of it too. If the whistle blew they would have stopped the play. Your front 7 stopped playing because they anticipated a whistle being blown. It didn't matter anyway. That was a quick play and the pass rush wouldn't have made a difference.
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

• SF49r wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    SF49r wrote:

Right.... I reread my post and did not see a single "if" in there.. are you dyslexic by any chance?

No, I live in the land of reality, unlike you. Shouldn't you have dug out your raiders gear to have on "standby" as the digits take the gaspipe early this year? New stadium, same old chokers!

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• SF49r wrote:

I sometimes wonder if the average 49er fan can sense when they are saying really stupid things. Like when you have bad breath and you can't smell it but everyone around you is grimacing, so you figure it out.

Maybe you could answer that one for me...
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

• SF49r wrote:
    bigtrain21 wrote:

There was no whistle. I was at the game. You're getting confused with the jagoff 49er fan who blew a whistle in our first matchup in Seattle, leading to a bad snap and turnover by the Seahawks.

Oh wait... I just realized what you meant by "phantom" whistle. It was a "phantom" because it never happened. Gotcha...
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

• SF49r wrote:Right.... I reread my post and did not see a single "if" in there.. are you dyslexic by any chance? Also you call us whiners but yet after the colts, 49ers, and arizona losses this forum was filled with whine and excuses.

And after the Superbowl Championship, this forum was filled with blue and green confetti.

But you wouldn't know anything about that because the last time the 49ers won a Superbowl, the internet didn't even exist.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

• SF49r wrote:Quite the interesting comparison, lets see... Wilson gets a free play against an average secondary with almost no pass rush because of a phantom whistle meanwhile Kap has to pass on one of the best secondaries in NFL history dealing with thousands of screaming assholes while sherman makes a superhuman play probably 90 percent of the corners in the league doesnt make that play. Thats not a biased comparison at all.

OOOOOOOH AAAAAAAAH?

The best part about that gif is Kaep has a wide open guy on the left. With time, and and open guy, he challenges Sherm? Moron. This thread is about more weapons for Kaepernick, but the guy can't find the open receivers he already has. He even said after that he had made up his mind before the play when he saw single coverage. In other words, I ain't making no reads after the snap on this play.

The biggest challenge for the Niners offense, the one thing that has kept them from quite likely 2 more rings, is Kaep's ability to make good decisions FROM THE POCKET. Getting him more weapons is all good and nice, but it's kind of like getting an illiterate kid more books. Until he learns to consistently scan the D from the pocket AFTER the snap, he will continue to take his team to the edge of the promised land.

On the Russ play, he hard counted Aldumb on 4th and 7. There is only one thing you can't do if you are Aldumb on that play, and it is to jump off sides. The most accurate deep passer in the league, yes that would be Mr Wilson, dropped it into the bucket. Yeah, it was a free play (please just stop with your conspiracy theory, I can't believe you are regurgitating the nonsense from that video) THAT RUSS CREATED WITH A WILY VET MOVE, tricking Aldumb into jumping. He didn't think he heard a whistle, he hoped there would be a whistle. Big difference. Since there was no contact, there was no need for a whistle. BTW, Aldumb's lack of hustle on 4th and 7 was contrasted nicely by the hustle of Malcom Smith on that Kaep pick, the guy was covering a RB leak in the flat and hustled 20 yards while the ball was in the air to get the game sealing INT.

But why stop there? In a 4th quarter filled with mistakes by both teams, Russ made none, and your guy combined displays of athleticism with head scratching stupidity. The pass that Kam picked off? Kaep knew his default read vs cover 3 was that sideline out, he used it all game long, but he failed to see a safety watching him try it one too many times. The fumble? What was that, like 6 or 7 seconds after the snap? If your guy can't find somebody after that long, throw the damn ball away! Or how about hanging Davis and Crabtree out to die on passes that led them into massive hits from Chancellor? Crabtree didn't even try to catch the one thrown to him (didn't even try seems to be a theme on your team in critical moments, doesn't it?) When Kaep is forced to actually play quarterback, it is astounding just how bad he can be. Look up his career stats vs Seattle in the red zone. It will bring a tear to your eye.

Stevie Johnson will have some nice moments in SF. But he isn't going to fix Kaepernick's QB issues.

As for your last stupid statement, IF Gore doesn't have a 51 yard run against us in SF, we go 3-0 on your team last year. PUH-leaze. IF, IF, IF. When your reasoning begins with hypotheticals, you are an idiot. In fact, here is what I got from your last sentence. you sat there for an entire game, watching the Saints and Seahawks, wishing like hell the Saints would win so you didn't have to play the big bad scary Seahawks. When Lynch tore off his run for a TD, you died a little inside. And that little dead piece of you just cried some more as you reminisced about what would have happened if the Saints had been a better team. IF.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Admits that his team can't beat us. Hopes the Seahawks will "melt down". Accuses 12th Man of being fairweather (which is highly ironic considering Candlestick has been a ghost town since the early 90's).

Don't know where you got this from. 9ers have sold out every home games since 1981. Nice try though.
    TheGOAT#80
    NET Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:51 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information