I weep for the Browns fans (Manziel related)

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
  • This dude has "BUST" written all over him! Good luck Cleveland.
    Attachments
    the-16-most-outrageous-things-johnny-football-did-this-offseason.jpg
    nfl.jpg
    LOVE, LOYALTY, RESPECT & HONOR
    GLOCKHAWK
    NET Rookie

• He was so obviously mad about falling so far and having to go to the Browns. If anyone can bust a draft pick it's the Browns.
    theascension
    NET Rookie

• He's probably the most motivated (bitterly motivated, anyways) player drafted, at this point. Could drive him to excel.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Well he does have "bust" all over him in that pic
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:He's probably the most motivated (bitterly motivated, anyways) player drafted, at this point. Could drive him to excel.

That may be, but his attitude doesn't say "I'll show you what a 5th round pick is for underestimating me!" like Sherman. It says "I'm entitled to be picked first because that was the hype."

I'd feel more comfortable thinking the guy would succeed if we'd have drafted him. Here at least, I know Pete'll either stamp that attitude right out of him and get him believing in true competition, or cut his ass loose. In Cleveland? He'll be heralded as the "franchise savior" immediately, thrust into a position where he's the assumed, anointed starter, with high expectations thrust on him from the beginning. That doesn't exactly scream "motivated to compete and excel." It says, "Well, here I am. Johnny Goddamned Football. Half the draft pick they said I was. In Cleve Land."
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• What's up with the hand weirdness? Anyone catch how he was clapping when his teammates were selected?
    Osprey
    NET Rookie

• Seahawk Sailor wrote:That may be, but his attitude doesn't say "I'll show you what a 5th round pick is for underestimating me!" like Sherman. It says "I'm entitled to be picked first because that was the hype."

I'd feel more comfortable thinking the guy would succeed if we'd have drafted him. Here at least, I know Pete'll either stamp that attitude right out of him and get him believing in true competition, or cut his ass loose. In Cleveland? He'll be heralded as the "franchise savior" immediately, thrust into a position where he's the assumed, anointed starter, with high expectations thrust on him from the beginning. That doesn't exactly scream "motivated to compete and excel." It says, "Well, here I am. Johnny Goddamned Football. Half the draft pick they said I was. In Cleve Land."

Bottom line is, hurt ego is hurt ego and can motivate anybody to excel at a high level. I'm not saying that's going to happen here, but I suspect there's a decent chance.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• I don't know what's more annoying, that second pic of his "signature hand shake" or hearing him describe it in a press conference.
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

• Such an ugly chud. He's lucky he's a high-profile athlete, he'd never be able to pull hot tail like that if he wasn't.
    HAWKAMANIA
    NET Starter

• He needs to be on the Browns..He can't complain about not playing because he will be..They will let him be his own type of qb and as soon as he gets slaughtered that will be the end of "Johnny Football" ..He won't have a great wr-Gordon to bail him out when he's running all over the place...
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Suggs is going to break him in half
    Kaiser
    NET Starter

• Hasn't even taken a snap and he's a bust, .net you are in mid season form already!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• -The Glove- wrote:Well he does have "bust" all over him in that pic

I nominate The Glove for .net Rothlisberger
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• SalishHawkFan wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:Well he does have "bust" all over him in that pic

I nominate The Glove for .net Rothlisberger

Cool!
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• Really easy guy to root against.

Hope he fails miserably.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Suggs is going to break him in half

Agreed, Suggs is one badass dude, he looks like Lurtz from Lord of the Rings.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain.

"Beast Mode is artist, puny Saints Defense merely his canvas!"

"When you die the only kingdom you'll see, will be two foot wide and six foot deep!"
    HawksSoc
    NET Veteran

• I honesly have no idea why this "this goofy ass tool" thinks he is gonna be a successful NFL quarterback? Come back and re-visit my post regargind him. This is man is a BUST!!!!
    LOVE, LOYALTY, RESPECT & HONOR
    GLOCKHAWK
    NET Rookie

• GLOCKHAWK wrote:I honesly have no idea why this "this goofy ass tool" thinks he is gonna be a successful NFL quarterback? Come back and re-visit my post regargind him. This is man is a BUST!!!!

He is Ryan Leaf (mini) version 2.0. I feel bad for Browns fans in advance. I was hoping that Jerry Jones would have NOT listened to his advisors and taken him. Would have loved to see that S show in Dallas. 8)
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• The Browns are the only other team in the NFL I remotely care about because I respect their fans. Manziel is going to be on the wrong end of an NFL Network top 10 list and tear the hearts out of those fans again.
    endzorn
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• GLOCKHAWK wrote:I honesly have no idea why this "this goofy ass tool" thinks he is gonna be a successful NFL quarterback? Come back and re-visit my post regargind him. This is man is a BUST!!!!

You like those goofy corny stupid videos. Your opinion isnt worth much. When/if he does bust dont pound your chest too hard. There are only a million of you that share the same opinion.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• The insta-hate makes me like him even more. Sure, he could calm it down but that is 59 yo me saying that. He may never amount to much, but until he falls on his face, I am just going to let this story go it's own course. The whorish media is who helped create this guy, so any protests from them about his behavior is hypocritical. He isn't my team's QB, so I have no skin in the game.

Maybe he goes the way of Tebow and just slinks into the background? But if he catches fire, the same critics he has growing by the minute will be back to salute him. Then turn around and cut his throat the first chance they get. Rinse/Re-cycle.

At least I could party with this guy vs hanging with Tim Tebow. Neither may be an NFL QB, but I wouldn't feel bad having a few cold ones in a Manziel-party, though I would be the creepy old guy oogling the young ladies. So maybe I wouldn't get to party with either?
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• I could care less how he behaves because he's not on the Seahawks.

As to how he will perform, I have no clue... if there is one thing I have learned over the years, it's that I know jack sh*t about how a college QB will translate to the NFL.

The margin of error is so slim and there are so many factors at play. The only three guys I was ever sure about were Marino, Brees, and Wilson. Everyone else I've been wrong about one way or another, so I stopped guessing.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

• The_Z_Man wrote:I could care less how he behaves because he's not on the Seahawks.

How much less could you care? I couldn't care less what haters think. I was me me or Roland. Difference is, I couldn't care less about football message board grammar.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    The_Z_Man wrote:I could care less how he behaves because he's not on the Seahawks.

How much less could you care? I couldn't care less what haters think. I was me me or Roland. Difference is, I couldn't care less about football message board grammar.

Isnt this an American thing this "could care less" issue? You all seem to say it. Baffles me.

Anyway carry on.

I think Manziel will do OK.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Im kind of with the Doc on this. The more hate the more I like him. Also the difference between he and others is social media. Anyone that saw "Back of the Shop" with Marshawn, he speaks on it specifically. I just think it's kind of interesting the amount of hate for a kid not only out of division but out of our conference entirely. I havent seen this amount of hate for The Gonk and I dont see a huge difference.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    The_Z_Man wrote:I could care less how he behaves because he's not on the Seahawks.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/lexicon_vall ... might.html
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Last edited by WindCityHawk on Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
    "I'm gonna call him--what do you call the guy on the trampoline?--Harry Houdini or something like that." -Warren Moon on Golden Tate
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

• Bust. He doesn't care about football. He's a punk-ass kid who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He has the raw talent, but his small frame, tendency to run willy-nilly all over the field and lack of motivation will cause his career to be short and disastrous.

I feel bad for Browns fans because they deserve better. Nobody has gotten screwed worse than them. At one time Bill Belicheck was their head coach with Nick Saban as an assistant, then Modell yanked the team and took it to Baltimore just as their All-Pro GM (Ozzie Newsome) had accumulated the talent to win a Superbowl. Sucktastic.

And now this. Johnny Manziel is like a pimple on the ass of Cleveland, and he's going to be popped like one by some monstrous NFCN defensive lineman.

It reminds me of the Yakov Schmirnoff joke. "Every country has a city they use for the butt of jokes. In America, it's Cleveland, in Russia, it's Cleveland."
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• He will throw as many ints as TDs and probably play 12 game seasons until the other shoe drops. But he brings it when on the field. 2 years ago I predicted Griffin wouldn't finish his rookie year. I predict the same for Johnny Football. In the NFL, he will look like football on crack. Should be entertaining.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• I really cant understand why so many grown men hate this kid. I really dont. Why the hate?
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• I don't know why I hate him. Actually a huge part has to do with the media fellatio he receives. I didn't like Luck, RGKnee, Tebow, etc because of how the media slurps them up. I know it's petty but I've never liked those guys
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• CALIHAWK1 wrote:I really cant understand why so many grown men hate this kid. I really dont. Why the hate?

Thinking the guy is going to be a bust, is now hating on someone????
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• I hate everything about the guy. He's arrogant. His stupid thing he does with his fingers pisses me off. Dude just rubs me the wrong way.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:I really cant understand why so many grown men hate this kid. I really dont. Why the hate?

Thinking the guy is going to be a bust, is now hating on someone????

Did you read the entire thread. Dont waste too much time. Just read the first sentence of Techs post. Or Gloves, where he basically acknowledges he does. I guess the amount of attention and threads created about him on are about equal with Kap. Kaps a division rival so it kind of makes sense. This kid played in the SEC and now Cleveand. The amount of attention this board shows him is more than normal. On top of that a number of peoples dislike go way beyond football. People bringing up his parents wealth etc. At that point I would say yes it is hate.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• Really want to see this kid tear it up; it'll be so entertaining if his game translates.

And I hope he continues his partying lifestyle throughout; proving that having a good time and succeeding at your profession are not mutually exclusive. The more flack he receives for his perfectly legal free-time activities, the more I want to root for him.

The stronger the hate, the more I like guys: Iverson, Deion Sanders, Sherm, T Brady, Lynch, P Rivers, Laimbeer, Calipari etc
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

• kobebryant wrote:Really want to see this kid tear it up; it'll be so entertaining if his game translates.

And I hope he continues his partying lifestyle throughout; proving that having a good time and succeeding at your profession are not mutually exclusive. The more flack he receives for his perfectly legal free-time activities, the more I want to root for him.

The stronger the hate, the more I like guys: Iverson, Deion Sanders, Sherm, T Brady, Lynch, P Rivers, Laimbeer, Calipari etc

Your user name is also a man that was hated for a good portion of his career til LeBron made the decision ;)
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• When I first saw Manziels antics at A&M, I thought what a dumb ass.

But unlike most people who crave the spotlight, when the attention turned negative he didn't apologize, backtrack, clarify, or even slow down. My disdain turned to a respect for him, because at least the defiant little ass we see is the real person.

Tech has every right to hate the little shit's showmanship. It still makes me cringe. But the puritanical notion that especially the QB needs to be some sort of boy scout who hones his craft 24/7 is annoying too.

So here's to you Manziel, you defiant twerp *pours metaphorical splash of gin*. Even if you are a massive flop, keep being James Dean. When failure visits your door, don't wuss out. Because the second you apologize for being a rebel, you will just be an a**hole.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• This doesn't help

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ing-photo/

If he wasn't standing in the bathroom I could see other reasons to roll a dollar bill like this (like just plain boredom), but he was standing in the bathroom........
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• Thats awesome. Someone takes his photo in a mens room doing something. Speculates on what he is doing, says they wont speculate and then puts it in print on a headline.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• Throwdown wrote:
    kobebryant wrote:Really want to see this kid tear it up; it'll be so entertaining if his game translates.

Your user name is also a man that was hated for a good portion of his career til LeBron made the decision ;)

Fully understood.

However, my Kobe fandom is entirely based upon him being a clutch legend for the team I was made to love from the womb.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

• CALIHAWK1 wrote:Thats awesome. Someone takes his photo in a mens room doing something. Speculates on what he is doing, says they wont speculate and then puts it in print on a headline.

Sounds like .net when they see pre-season photos of players and call them fat or or of shape.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• The hate comes from him screwing over a bunch of hapless cleveland fans who have been getting the short end of the stick for a long time. Manziel texts the GM and tells him they are going to basically own the league but I just don't see it. I don't see the dedication to a fan base that is footing the bill for all of his excess.

Nobody should expect him to be a choir boy, but it appears he's just in it for what he can personally gain and not looking to the future.

He's more Jamarcus Russell than Ryan Leaf and it's sad that Browns fans have to go through this once again.

I see a catastrophic failure in his future, and he will have no one to blame but himself. Even the owner is asking him to tone it down a little and he's just thumbing his nose at them.

If Manziel were in SF, I would love the guy, but the 49ers organization isn't that dumb.

Where this will be funny is when Bernie Kosar gets a few drinks down and goes off on Johnny Screwball. :D
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• mikeak wrote:If he wasn't standing in the bathroom I could see other reasons to roll a dollar bill like this (like just plain boredom), but he was standing in the bathroom........

My friends John, Teri, and Tiffany used to roll up bills in the bathroom too around that age.

Trust me, there were plenty of things we could have been doing... I don't know why the hell it was anyone's business speculating.

Yea, sure, Tiffany OD'd a few months later, but it was a totally unrelated incident.

Honestly, we could have been doing ANYTHING with those rolled up bills. Stop letting your imagination run away with you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z49bfaXGX78#t=397
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

• mikeak wrote:This doesn't help

If he wasn't standing in the bathroom I could see other reasons to roll a dollar bill like this (like just plain boredom), but he was standing in the bathroom........

I need to hang with Johnny football
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• For all we know Johnny saw photog and did it on purpose to cause a stir. I mean every time he takes a dump its headline news so how is he ever supposed to hook up the Charlie?
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• Johnny Football would make a very good heel in WWE. Sure, he's done stuff that could reasonably rile people up no doubt, but even before that point, he had a legion of haters. Rather than appease them or try to pretend he's Russell Wilson when in public, he takes it the other way 110%, knowing it will piss off the haters even more.

Manziel is one of those Ichiro-type players who is both very good and very annoying the way he beats you. I definitely think winning matters to Manziel, but deep down you can see a part of him that revels in being a pain in the ass. Both on the field and off of it.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• CALIHAWK1 wrote:For all we know Johnny saw photog and did it on purpose to cause a stir. I mean every time he takes a dump its headline news so how is he ever supposed to hook up the Charlie?

Funny how I realize that this is probably as likely as him doing coke... In other words I don't have faith in Manziel's judgement...
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• -The Glove- wrote:I don't know why I hate him. Actually a huge part has to do with the media fellatio he receives. I didn't like Luck, RGKnee, Tebow, etc because of how the media slurps them up. I know it's petty but I've never liked those guys

+1

mikeak wrote:This doesn't help

Best user quote on that page:

allmeatnopotatoes says:
    Jul 7, 2014 9:33 AM
    He obviously is making an antenna for his money phone.
    :49ersmall: How many 49ers fans does it take to change a light bulb? They don't, they just talk about the ones they had. :49ersmall:
    lsheldon
    NET Veteran

• There is a better photo of him in the bathroom on this page with a bit wider shot. There is also another photo of him from the same night outside of the bathroom. Notice the same shirt, same haircut, same chain. Inside the bathroom the chain is neatly tucked inside his shirt to keep it from hanging down and messing up his lines.

:sarcasm_on: Smart dude..... :sarcasm_off:

http://bustedcoverage.com/2014/07/06/jo ... -restroom/

:49ersmall: How many 49ers fans does it take to change a light bulb? They don't, they just talk about the ones they had. :49ersmall:
    lsheldon
    NET Veteran

• mikeak wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:For all we know Johnny saw photog and did it on purpose to cause a stir. I mean every time he takes a dump its headline news so how is he ever supposed to hook up the Charlie?

Funny how I realize that this is probably as likely as him doing coke... In other words I don't have faith in Manziel's judgement...

nor should you. After all his arrests and dust ups with the law. Lets not even get into that incident with the hookers and guns that got swept under the rug. Yeah you remember. That one.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Next

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:10 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information