"35!" (Broncos-related)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... motivation

Buahahahahaha. So, we can now smirk when we say "Ahh-ooh", that ridiculous 49ers team-sanctioned fan chant, and we can also smirk when we say "35!"

DE Malik Jackson":38qlmuie said:
"Whenever someone gets tired, you just say '35,' and they just start picking it up again," defensive end Malik Jackson said.

Greenhell

Reaction score
That is delicious. I'm gonna start hollering "35" at my Donko friends.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Donko fans are going to start calling it Super Bowl XXXV.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
That's the difference right there. I couldn't see Pete Carroll allowing such a negative be used as a motivator.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hawkspur":qwruel03 said:
That's the difference right there. I couldn't see Pete Carroll allowing such a negative be used as a motivator.
Except that most of our guys do use negatives as motivators and Carroll encourages it.....

Sac

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":l7215ziz said:
Hawkspur":l7215ziz said:
Except that most of our guys do use negatives as motivators and Carroll encourages it.....

Not really. A Chip on their shoulder its one thing. Using a previous Beatdown as motivation? Not so much. Of course, this team hasn't lost by more than 7 in like 3 years tho, so there's that...

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1516brn8 said:
Of course, this team hasn't lost by more than 7 in like 3 years tho, so there's that...
I'm pretty sure that's the only reason why a big loss hasn't been used as motivation, officially; we simply don't get blown out by anybody.

Regardless, Carroll encourages the chip-on-the-shoulder mentality. Wherever you can find a chip, use it.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Yep. Getting your butt handed to you in the superbowl isn't the same as a chip on the shoulder due to perceived slights. The guys on the Seahawks want to prove people's opinions incorrect. There was no debate about the Superbowl. Everyone knows it was a whipping. No ifs, no buts.

I doubt that Carroll kept focusing on the score when they were humiliated by the Steelers in 2011. Maybe he did, but I doubt it.

Laloosh

Reaction score
PC tries to focus on goals and competition, particularly internally to the team. If you think your guys are the best then who better to try and out perform than yourself or your teammates?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3u6rz65x said:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000345094/article/denver-broncos-using-35-as-offseason-motivation

Buahahahahaha. So, we can now smirk when we say "Ahh-ooh", that ridiculous 49ers team-sanctioned fan chant, and we can also smirk when we say "35!"

DE Malik Jackson":3u6rz65x said:
"Whenever someone gets tired, you just say '35,' and they just start picking it up again," defensive end Malik Jackson said.
I've had the perma-smirk since Feb 2nd! :) It's great to be a Hawks fan right now! :)

JZ#1

Reaction score
Its funny that they needed this. Manning can say all the 35s in the world but it won't stop him from throwing ducks.

drdiags

Reaction score
The Seahawks used the loss to the Atlanta Falcons as motivation for them this year. I would look at that as the same thing the Broncos are using with "35". Fans tend to only see things that make them feel superior. If Pete didn't use the Falcons game as negative reinforcement, the players sure did.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
The number should be Peyton's age: 38. Tick tock Donkeys, time is running out.

rigelian

Reaction score
Hawkspur":6nq4am4s said:
Yep. Getting your butt handed to you in the superbowl isn't the same as a chip on the shoulder due to perceived slights. The guys on the Seahawks want to prove people's opinions incorrect. There was no debate about the Superbowl. Everyone knows it was a whipping. No ifs, no buts.

I doubt that Carroll kept focusing on the score when they were humiliated by the Steelers in 2011. Maybe he did, but I doubt it.

I'm not sure the Broncos are the Broncos fans are aware of this. I don't know how many times I've heard that if Namath didn't screw up the coin toss the whole outcome would have been different. Seriously, denial is some powerful medicine.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rigelian":24bgpvvl said:
Hawkspur":24bgpvvl said:

I'm not sure the Broncos are the Broncos fans are aware of this. I don't know how many times I've heard that if Namath didn't screw up the coin toss the whole outcome would have been different. Seriously, denial is some powerful medicine.
LMAO, now they are blaming the curbstomping loss on Namath for screwing up the coin flip??? They are entering webzone crazy talk land if they believe that! LOL!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":21yug03o said:
rigelian":21yug03o said:
Hawkspur":21yug03o said:

LMAO, now they are blaming the curbstomping loss on Namath for screwing up the coin flip??? They are entering webzone crazy talk land if they believe that! LOL!
And what's really pathetic is that it's been reported all along that the coin flip was basically irrelevant because the Hawks were going to defer if they won and the Donkeys were going to receive if they won. Thus, Denver going to get the ball first no matter what.