"35!" (Broncos-related)

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
"35!" (Broncos-related)
Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:08 am
  • http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... motivation

Buahahahahaha. So, we can now smirk when we say "Ahh-ooh", that ridiculous 49ers team-sanctioned fan chant, and we can also smirk when we say "35!"

DE Malik Jackson wrote:"Whenever someone gets tired, you just say '35,' and they just start picking it up again," defensive end Malik Jackson said.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Re: "35!" (Broncos-related)
Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:17 am
  • That is delicious. I'm gonna start hollering "35" at my Donko friends.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:28 am
  • Donko fans are going to start calling it Super Bowl XXXV.
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:32 am
  • They should have said "36". If they wanted to win that is.;)
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:48 am
  • That's the difference right there. I couldn't see Pete Carroll allowing such a negative be used as a motivator.
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:03 am
  • Hawkspur wrote:That's the difference right there. I couldn't see Pete Carroll allowing such a negative be used as a motivator.

Except that most of our guys do use negatives as motivators and Carroll encourages it.....
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:06 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Hawkspur wrote:That's the difference right there. I couldn't see Pete Carroll allowing such a negative be used as a motivator.

Except that most of our guys do use negatives as motivators and Carroll encourages it.....

Not really. A Chip on their shoulder its one thing. Using a previous Beatdown as motivation? Not so much. Of course, this team hasn't lost by more than 7 in like 3 years tho, so there's that...
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Re:
Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:26 am
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:Of course, this team hasn't lost by more than 7 in like 3 years tho, so there's that...

I'm pretty sure that's the only reason why a big loss hasn't been used as motivation, officially; we simply don't get blown out by anybody.

Regardless, Carroll encourages the chip-on-the-shoulder mentality. Wherever you can find a chip, use it.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:35 am
  • Yep. Getting your butt handed to you in the superbowl isn't the same as a chip on the shoulder due to perceived slights. The guys on the Seahawks want to prove people's opinions incorrect. There was no debate about the Superbowl. Everyone knows it was a whipping. No ifs, no buts.

I doubt that Carroll kept focusing on the score when they were humiliated by the Steelers in 2011. Maybe he did, but I doubt it.
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:43 am
  • I didn't say it was the same. I said they are both negatives, and they are. :roll:
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:46 am
  • PC tries to focus on goals and competition, particularly internally to the team. If you think your guys are the best then who better to try and out perform than yourself or your teammates?
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:45 am
  • Bahahahaha! Hey looks guys, we broke them!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain.

"Beast Mode is artist, puny Saints Defense merely his canvas!"

"When you die the only kingdom you'll see, will be two foot wide and six foot deep!"
    HawksSoc
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:59 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000345094/article/denver-broncos-using-35-as-offseason-motivation

Buahahahahaha. So, we can now smirk when we say "Ahh-ooh", that ridiculous 49ers team-sanctioned fan chant, and we can also smirk when we say "35!"

DE Malik Jackson wrote:"Whenever someone gets tired, you just say '35,' and they just start picking it up again," defensive end Malik Jackson said.

I've had the perma-smirk since Feb 2nd! :) It's great to be a Hawks fan right now! :)
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:58 pm
  • Whispers: "35"

And broncos be like:

Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:00 pm
  • Its funny that they needed this. Manning can say all the 35s in the world but it won't stop him from throwing ducks.
    JZ#1
    NET Rookie

Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:19 am
  • The Seahawks used the loss to the Atlanta Falcons as motivation for them this year. I would look at that as the same thing the Broncos are using with "35". Fans tend to only see things that make them feel superior. If Pete didn't use the Falcons game as negative reinforcement, the players sure did.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:19 pm
  • The number should be Peyton's age: 38. Tick tock Donkeys, time is running out.
    HAWKAMANIA
    NET Starter

Sat May 03, 2014 7:14 am
  • Hawkspur wrote:Yep. Getting your butt handed to you in the superbowl isn't the same as a chip on the shoulder due to perceived slights. The guys on the Seahawks want to prove people's opinions incorrect. There was no debate about the Superbowl. Everyone knows it was a whipping. No ifs, no buts.

I doubt that Carroll kept focusing on the score when they were humiliated by the Steelers in 2011. Maybe he did, but I doubt it.

I'm not sure the Broncos are the Broncos fans are aware of this. I don't know how many times I've heard that if Namath didn't screw up the coin toss the whole outcome would have been different. Seriously, denial is some powerful medicine.
    rigelian
    NET Starter

Sat May 03, 2014 7:25 am
  • rigelian wrote:
    Hawkspur wrote:Yep. Getting your butt handed to you in the superbowl isn't the same as a chip on the shoulder due to perceived slights. The guys on the Seahawks want to prove people's opinions incorrect. There was no debate about the Superbowl. Everyone knows it was a whipping. No ifs, no buts.

I'm not sure the Broncos are the Broncos fans are aware of this. I don't know how many times I've heard that if Namath didn't screw up the coin toss the whole outcome would have been different. Seriously, denial is some powerful medicine.

LMAO, now they are blaming the curbstomping loss on Namath for screwing up the coin flip??? They are entering webzone crazy talk land if they believe that! LOL!

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Sat May 03, 2014 2:46 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    rigelian wrote:
    Hawkspur wrote:Yep. Getting your butt handed to you in the superbowl isn't the same as a chip on the shoulder due to perceived slights. The guys on the Seahawks want to prove people's opinions incorrect. There was no debate about the Superbowl. Everyone knows it was a whipping. No ifs, no buts.

LMAO, now they are blaming the curbstomping loss on Namath for screwing up the coin flip??? They are entering webzone crazy talk land if they believe that! LOL!

And what's really pathetic is that it's been reported all along that the coin flip was basically irrelevant because the Hawks were going to defer if they won and the Donkeys were going to receive if they won. Thus, Denver going to get the ball first no matter what.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Sat May 03, 2014 9:26 pm
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    rigelian wrote:

And what's really pathetic is that it's been reported all along that the coin flip was basically irrelevant because the Hawks were going to defer if they won and the Donkeys were going to receive if they won. Thus, Denver going to get the ball first no matter what.

Truth. Seattle was kicking off regardless of the outcome of the coin flip. When you have the #1 defense, it's a no-brainer! :th2thumbs:

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Sat May 03, 2014 9:34 pm
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    rigelian wrote:

What did you expect? That the media would have actually watched Seahawk games or something more logical? Hint, nothing beyond the Mississippi River exists in ESPN's or New York's little bubble. St.Louis gets a pass because it exists on both sides of the Mississippi.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Sun May 04, 2014 6:06 am
  • MizzouHawkGal wrote:What did you expect? That the media would have actually watched Seahawk games or something more logical? Hint, nothing beyond the Mississippi River exists in ESPN's or New York's little bubble. St.Louis gets a pass because it exists on both sides of the Mississippi.

I would expect nothing more from the national media, especially the Eastcoastbiased Sports Programming Network.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun May 04, 2014 6:54 am
  • 35 is a number most teams would be ecstatic to win by, not lose by and try and use it for motivation.

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun May 04, 2014 7:37 am
  • For the Donkeys game, I hope Russell changes his 'GREEN 18' cadence to 'GREEN 35'.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

Sun May 04, 2014 9:01 am
  • MizzouHawkGal wrote:What did you expect? That the media would have actually watched Seahawk games or something more logical? Hint, nothing beyond the Mississippi River exists in ESPN's or New York's little bubble. St.Louis gets a pass because it exists on both sides of the Mississippi.

QFT...he he he

BTW,..many years ago, on the way down to Ky, we stayed in St. Louis on one side of the river. On the way back, stayed on the west side of the river near U of ST Louis. Interesting place.
    Cats will rule the world...just ask my cat.
    Gollum had a ring...Bilbo took it...Frodo had it...Gollum got it back.
    Gollum never had OUR ring.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Sun May 04, 2014 10:17 am
  • Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    MizzouHawkGal wrote:What did you expect? That the media would have actually watched Seahawk games or something more logical? Hint, nothing beyond the Mississippi River exists in ESPN's or New York's little bubble. St.Louis gets a pass because it exists on both sides of the Mississippi.

QFT...he he he

BTW,..many years ago, on the way down to Ky, we stayed in St. Louis on one side of the river. On the way back, stayed on the west side of the river near U of ST Louis. Interesting place.

Actually it is. It has some great old neighborhoods and some seriously good food.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Mon May 05, 2014 9:32 am
  • drdiags wrote:The Seahawks used the loss to the Atlanta Falcons as motivation for them this year. I would look at that as the same thing the Broncos are using with "35". Fans tend to only see things that make them feel superior. If Pete didn't use the Falcons game as negative reinforcement, the players sure did.

The difference is that our Seahawks had actually taken the lead with about 30 seconds to go having recovered from a halftime 20-0 deficit. The game should have been over but Seattle let it slip away in heartbreaking fashion after completely dominating Atlanta the second half.

None of that was true in the Superb-Owl.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

Mon May 05, 2014 9:36 am
  • Polaris wrote:None of that was true in the Superb-Owl.

Except for the first half of the game where we looked exactly like Denver did in the Super Bowl, except without the excuse of facing an elite - or even good - defense.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon May 05, 2014 12:08 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Polaris wrote:None of that was true in the Superb-Owl.

Except for the first half of the game where we looked exactly like Denver did in the Super Bowl, except without the excuse of facing an elite - or even good - defense.

I can't say I agree with that. Seattle's O tore it up even in the first half except for the first couple of possessions in the Red Zone. Did Seattle has early RZ problems in the SB? Sure. However, Denver wasn't really able to move at all (I don't think there was a single Denver first down until well into the second qtr) and the first time they did, Peyton threw a touchdown pass......for Seattle.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

Mon May 05, 2014 12:20 pm
  • The similarities vastly outweigh the lack thereof.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue May 06, 2014 12:51 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:The similarities vastly outweigh the lack thereof.

And if we'd been awarded the first down on RW's scramble down to the five like we should have, your tune might be different man. I have watched, re-watched and re-watched that play over and over and we got screwed.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue May 06, 2014 8:57 pm
    RolandDeschain wrote:The similarities vastly outweigh the lack thereof.

And if we'd been awarded the first down on RW's scramble down to the five like we should have, your tune might be different man. I have watched, re-watched and re-watched that play over and over and we got screwed.

I agree that we got screwed, but you're kind of sounding like the Broncos fans that are saying if Broadway Joe hadn't "quick released" the coin toss, the Broncos probably would have won the Super Bowl. :)
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:08 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information