Team you hate the most.

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13

Who is our biggest Rivalry of all time?

San Francisco 49ers
74%
St Louis Rams
6%
Denver Broncos
5%
Oakland Raiders
3%
Kansas City Chiefs
No votes
Other Team
13%

Total votes : 160

Re: Team you hate the most.
Thu May 08, 2014 1:27 pm
  • Shadowhawk wrote:Honestly, I hate the Redskins. I hate their colors, I hate that vacant lot of a field they play on, I think the only reason that Daniel Snyder isn't the biggest douchebag owner in American sports history is because Donald Sterling took that prize... I don't know, but I always root against the Redskins.

Interesting that you say that. I like to browse other fanbase's forums. I would expect to find the most Hawk hate on a Niner forum, but the Redskin fans HATE the Seahawks.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Thu May 08, 2014 10:29 pm
  • Basis4day wrote:
    Shadowhawk wrote:Honestly, I hate the Redskins. I hate their colors, I hate that vacant lot of a field they play on, I think the only reason that Daniel Snyder isn't the biggest douchebag owner in American sports history is because Donald Sterling took that prize... I don't know, but I always root against the Redskins.

Interesting that you say that. I like to browse other fanbase's forums. I would expect to find the most Hawk hate on a Niner forum, but the Redskin fans HATE the Seahawks.

I have never wanted the Skins to win a football game they weren't playing against SF.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Fri May 09, 2014 8:36 am
  • Basis4day wrote:
    Shadowhawk wrote:Honestly, I hate the Redskins. I hate their colors, I hate that vacant lot of a field they play on, I think the only reason that Daniel Snyder isn't the biggest douchebag owner in American sports history is because Donald Sterling took that prize... I don't know, but I always root against the Redskins.

That's cuz we've :192214: them in the playoffs the last 3 or 4 times we've played them.
    Last edited by hawksfansinceday1 on Fri May 09, 2014 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Team you hate the most.
Fri May 09, 2014 11:43 am
  • Bears (go to a game at Soldier and they will move up your list), SteAlers, Cowboys. I think I only really hate Harbaugh otherwise I enjoy the heated rivalry.
    DJ_CJ
    NET Practice Squad

Sat May 10, 2014 7:45 pm
  • Every Hawk fan should hate the Redskins with a passion.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Sat May 10, 2014 8:52 pm
  • I was barely paying attention today, what'd the Redskins do?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun May 11, 2014 5:06 pm
  • lvnginhwktwn wrote:Bunch of gun jumpers here. All I said was I am surprised that the Steelers didn't make the "POLL", never made a comparison to your SB or ours or anyone else's for that matter.

For what it's worth, the poll does reflect the current perceived rivalry from the 'hawk point of view. Right now it's a good one.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

Mon May 12, 2014 10:30 am
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    Basis4day wrote:

That's cuz we've :192214: them in the playoffs the last 3 or 4 times we've played them.

FYI to you guys, Redskins fans not liking Seattle has nothing to do with the team. It was just a Hawks few fans from years ago.

Sean Taylor, the fans #1 fan favorite Redskin at the time, was murdered on November 27th, 2007. Not even six weeks after he died, the Skins traveled to Seattle for a playoff game. Many Redskins fans were in attendence, some of them wearing Sean Taylor jerseys, and multiple Redskins fans reported being heckled by Seahawks fans, saying things like "Sean Taylor smoked cracked" and "you know he's dead, right?" We've all heard of sleezeball fans taking cheap shots, but I'm sure many of you here will agree that that's one of the most disgusting and classless things I've ever heard somebody say to an opposing fan. Richard Sherman is extremely loved by Sehawk nation, right? Imagine if he died, and opposing fans made fun of him at a game less than two months after his death? Like seriously, take about 5 seconds and actually think about if that happened. That's how Redskins fans felt...

With that said, yes, most adult, mature Redskins fans realize that a few drunk jerks in the crowd don't represent an entire fanbase. But many Skins fans were pissed because of that, including myself. I don't "hate" Seattle, but I've never really cared for the Seahawks since that happened.

I actually lived in Seattle for two years and I was in attendence during Lynch's "beastmode" run. Lynch is one of my favorite players in the league, I only wish he played for a differene team :mrgreen: . and that 2013 defense, which some argue was the #1 defense in NFL history, I was jealous LOL. A defense like that can make any QB look good. I kid I kid. :mrgreen:
    youngchew
    NET Practice Squad

Mon May 12, 2014 11:35 am
  • Broncos. From the John Elway years. The lead up to the SB was maddening and the victory was nice :-)
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Mon May 12, 2014 11:51 am
  • youngchew wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    Basis4day wrote:

FYI to you guys, Redskins fans not liking Seattle has nothing to do with the team. It was just a Hawks few fans from years ago.

Sean Taylor, the fans #1 fan favorite Redskin at the time, was murdered on November 27th, 2007. Not even six weeks after he died, the Skins traveled to Seattle for a playoff game. Many Redskins fans were in attendence, some of them wearing Sean Taylor jerseys, and multiple Redskins fans reported being heckled by Seahawks fans, saying things like "Sean Taylor smoked cracked" and "you know he's dead, right?" We've all heard of sleezeball fans taking cheap shots, but I'm sure many of you here will agree that that's one of the most disgusting and classless things I've ever heard somebody say to an opposing fan. Richard Sherman is extremely loved by Sehawk nation, right? Imagine if he died, and opposing fans made fun of him at a game less than two months after his death? Like seriously, take about 5 seconds and actually think about if that happened. That's how Redskins fans felt...

With that said, yes, most adult, mature Redskins fans realize that a few drunk jerks in the crowd don't represent an entire fanbase. But many Skins fans were pissed because of that, including myself. I don't "hate" Seattle, but I've never really cared for the Seahawks since that happened.

I actually lived in Seattle for two years and I was in attendence during Lynch's "beastmode" run. Lynch is one of my favorite players in the league, I only wish he played for a differene team :mrgreen: . and that 2013 defense, which some argue was the #1 defense in NFL history, I was jealous LOL. A defense like that can make any QB look good. I kid I kid. :mrgreen:

Meh, I think it has more to losing 3 times in the playoffs vs Seattle vs some trumped up more than likely embellished story to justify the hate and deflect the real reason why as I just mentioned.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun May 25, 2014 7:58 pm
  • After I automatically selected the niners, I realized, I have never, ever, Ever, EVER rooted for the Raiders, ever. That might mean something.
    __________________________________________________________________________________
    Save a place at the table for us "Big Willie"
    halfrack
    NET Rookie

Sun May 25, 2014 10:10 pm
  • youngchew wrote:FYI to you guys, Redskins fans not liking Seattle has nothing to do with the team. It was just a Hawks few fans from years ago.

Unlike Sean Taylor, however, Richard Sherman doesn't have a history of gang violence. It also didn't come out that his death probably wasn't associated with that history for quite a while afterwards. I'm not excusing any Seahawks fans that mouthed off about it, but let's be realistic here, at that particular time most everybody around the country thought basically that a gangbanger's past caught up with him. Those situations don't invoke a lot of sympathy, by and large.

I've also seen a lot of things said about Seahawks fans by Redskins fans that are total BS and way worse than what any Seahawks fans likely realistically said about Sean Taylor. Half of the Extreme Skins forum literally thinks we all walk around with nooses in case we need them; it's pretty pathetic, really.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Sun May 25, 2014 11:26 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    youngchew wrote:FYI to you guys, Redskins fans not liking Seattle has nothing to do with the team. It was just a Hawks few fans from years ago.

Unlike Sean Taylor, however, Richard Sherman doesn't have a history of gang violence. It also didn't come out that his death probably wasn't associated with that history for quite a while afterwards. I'm not excusing any Seahawks fans that mouthed off about it, but let's be realistic here, at that particular time most everybody around the country thought basically that a gangbanger's past caught up with him. Those situations don't invoke a lot of sympathy, by and large.

I've also seen a lot of things said about Seahawks fans by Redskins fans that are total BS and way worse than what any Seahawks fans likely realistically said about Sean Taylor. Half of the Extreme Skins forum literally thinks we all walk around with nooses in case we need them; it's pretty pathetic, really.

I honestly hadn't heard that. If true, it's disgusting. The man had family and friends that loved him. No excuse. It's football, not life and death stuff.
    __________________________________________________________________________________
    Save a place at the table for us "Big Willie"
    halfrack
    NET Rookie

Tue May 27, 2014 6:18 am
  • youngchew wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    Basis4day wrote:

Bullshit. those stories took off after the playoff loss. The only SUBSTANTIATED report of insensitivity was a blogger who was nasty towards Taylor and became the ammo the DC media used to try and make Seattle fans look like assholes. Following the loss, stories of fans being mocked about Taylor began to pop up, and have grown in stature ever since on Hawg forums, of course completely ignoring any possible role Skins fans may have played in the matters. Certain Skins fans have tried to turn the matter into racism as well, claiming Seahawk fans are bigots, extreme skins being the main and worst offender. The irony of a REDskins fan claiming racism should be clear to most.
    My lasting memory of that game and the hype around it was that Skins fans thought the late season success after Taylor's death made them a team of destiny. There were loads of predictions that they would score 21 to match Taylor's jersey number, shit like that. Skins fans made that game about Taylor, not Seahawk fans. That game was also followed by baseless allegations of piped noise. My lasting impression of redskins fans is that they were some poor losers.

Seattle has not only eliminated the Redskins from the playoffs, but has done so while exposing a franchise to criticism, which has made the anti hawk sentiments even worse. Seattle exposed Gibbs as past his prime. Seattle showed the dysfunction between RGIII and Rat Face Shanahan and Snyder and the doctors. Seattle doesn't just beat the Skins, Seattle leaves them embarrassed. Which I hope continues as long as their racist team name continues.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue May 27, 2014 9:56 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:. . Half of the Extreme Skins forum literally thinks we all walk around with nooses in case we need them; it's pretty pathetic, really.

Yes, that's exactly what most Redskins fans think about all Seahawks fans......

Also, classy about talking about Sean Taylor's gang history. Sean had come a looooong way since then, he had recently married and had a child and turned his life around. But from the substance and tone of your post, its obvious you knew little of Taylor outside what was talked about on ESPN. it's all good though, I guess. :th2thumbs:

And @ ScottMojo, you think Redskins fans felt Washington was a "team of destiny" after Sean's death? Are you crazy? A team led by quarterback Jason campbell? Thanks for the laugh.

geez louise...what gives with some of you folks LOL. I lived in Seattle for two years from 09-2011 and met many fair, mature, knowledgeable Seahawks fans. But I never met anybody in a bar feeling like all Redskins fans felt that Seattle fans had nooses at the ready or that Jason Campbell could've led Washington to a superbowl.

youngchew
    NET Practice Squad

Tue May 27, 2014 10:36 am
  • The Redskins are a suck franchise with a suck owner. Bruce Allen sucks for trying to defend the name of the team, Dan Snyder sucks as a human, the FedEx Field is an abomination of a surface, and the fanbase is obnoxious. And the trade that they made for RGIII gave the Rams a load of picks, which only makes me hate those idiots more.

Definitely right up there with the Cowboys, Steelers, Niners, Rams as franchises I love to see suffer. Last year all but the Niners were bad, and we kicked the Niners out of the playoffs and won the SB. What a great year.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue May 27, 2014 10:57 am
  • Holy crap. I can feel the anger and frustration from your fingertips as you typed that. have a beer or something, bro. relax LOL. I met plenty of good natured, friendly Seahawks fans while living Seattle, so it gives me comfort knowing you don't represent the entire fanbase.

But you, my friend, are one weird dude. You need some Zoloft, man. LOL
    youngchew
    NET Practice Squad

Tue May 27, 2014 11:55 am
  • youngchew wrote:Holy crap. I can feel the anger and frustration from your fingertips as you typed that. have a beer or something, bro. relax LOL. I met plenty of good natured, friendly Seahawks fans while living Seattle, so it gives me comfort knowing you don't represent the entire fanbase.

But you, my friend, are one weird dude. You need some Zoloft, man. LOL

Youngchew.... so strangely similar to "Pikachu" A poster from the 2012 season. He was full of knowledge.

loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Tue May 27, 2014 12:01 pm
  • if I had a nickel for every time I've heard that over the last 10 years.......LOL

it's all good man, I'll back up out of here and come back next season when we play you guys. Plenty of good seahawks fans out there. But this place reminds me that we all (every team's fanbase) has some weird, "Type A" personality people amongst them. Especially on the forums LOL.

Good day, folks. :)
    youngchew
    NET Practice Squad

Tue May 27, 2014 1:00 pm
  • I don't really have a hated team right now, but the Rams probably come the closest. Normally I like lovable loser teams but something about the Rams post-Greatest-Show-on-turf has felt so unforgivably bland and so consistently painful to watch on offense, as if they were the NFL's version of the Seattle Mariners.

I respect Jeff Fisher's intellect but I think he's actually more of a whiner than Harbaugh is, and it really does feel like everything the Rams have done in terms of personnel and politicking actions over the past years have been less about fielding a good football team and more about being a pain in the ass to the Seahawks.

Rams fans are also uniquely obnoxious, almost like WSU fans they have a small dog, big bark mental complex. Not every bad team has that kind of a fanbase, and at least with WSU, I cut them slack because the dynamic among the NW college football rivalries kind of demands it.

But Rams fans, I will never understand why they have so many homers, especially since their home games usually have empty seats and becomes a funeral procession when the team falls a couple scores behind. It definitely feels like the Cardinals are the #1 ticket in St. Louis and any NFL team that is a second fiddle must be doing something horribly wrong.

Can't say I hate the Rams, but they do feel like the annoying little brother of the NFC West.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Tue May 27, 2014 1:03 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:The Redskins are a suck franchise with a suck owner. Bruce Allen sucks for trying to defend the name of the team, Dan Snyder sucks as a human, the FedEx Field is an abomination of a surface, and the fanbase is obnoxious. And the trade that they made for RGIII gave the Rams a load of picks, which only makes me hate those idiots more.

Definitely right up there with the Cowboys, Steelers, Niners, Rams as franchises I love to see suffer. Last year all but the Niners were bad, and we kicked the Niners out of the playoffs and won the SB. What a great year.

I find it hard to hate the Redskins. They've played the role of stepping stone for us in three playoff runs since 2005. As far as everything you said, it is so bad that I feel not hate but pity.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Tue May 27, 2014 1:28 pm
  • youngchew wrote:if I had a nickel for every time I've heard that over the last 10 years.......LOL

it's all good man, I'll back up out of here and come back next season when we play you guys. Plenty of good seahawks fans out there. But this place reminds me that we all (every team's fanbase) has some weird, "Type A" personality people amongst them. Especially on the forums LOL.

Good day, folks. :)

You should read the thread title. I found it informative as to what the thread might contain.You may as well.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue May 27, 2014 1:29 pm
  • Redskins fans are abominable just for defending the racist nickname for their team with all their hearts, just like their scumbag owner and his toadies are abominable for the same reason.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Tue May 27, 2014 5:14 pm
  • kearly wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:The Redskins are a suck franchise with a suck owner. Bruce Allen sucks for trying to defend the name of the team, Dan Snyder sucks as a human, the FedEx Field is an abomination of a surface, and the fanbase is obnoxious. And the trade that they made for RGIII gave the Rams a load of picks, which only makes me hate those idiots more.

I find it hard to hate the Redskins. They've played the role of stepping stone for us in three playoff runs since 2005. As far as everything you said, it is so bad that I feel not hate but pity.

I love the Redskins. smile. No team has helped the Rams more than them.
    Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.

"They call it Sack City because you'd rather live in a SACK."
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Tue May 27, 2014 5:28 pm
  • Frank gore talking shit about how "they were the big dogs" in the division after they beat us by kicking a last second field goal at candlestick last year sealed it for me.

Team full of douchebags.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Tue May 27, 2014 10:53 pm
  • AFC West days: Raiders
    NFC: 40-Whiners
    :49ersmall: How many 49ers fans does it take to change a light bulb? They don't, they just talk about the ones they had. :49ersmall:
    lsheldon
    NET Veteran

Tue May 27, 2014 10:53 pm
  • AFC West days: Raiders
    NFC: 40-Whiners
    :49ersmall: How many 49ers fans does it take to change a light bulb? They don't, they just talk about the ones they had. :49ersmall:
    lsheldon
    NET Veteran

Wed May 28, 2014 3:21 pm
  • Dunno if your asking me (queue peeps saying they aren't)....

....but its all about the Cowboys. OMG I hate that team and that owner.

I don't hate the 'hawks. I respect them and its a great rivalry...but I HATE the Cowboys.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Wed May 28, 2014 3:50 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:I don't hate the 'hawks.

Is it too late for you to switch sides? :th2thumbs:
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

Wed May 28, 2014 9:34 pm
  • youngchew wrote:geez louise...what gives with some of you folks LOL. I lived in Seattle for two years from 09-2011 and met many fair, mature, knowledgeable Seahawks fans. But I never met anybody in a bar feeling like all Redskins fans felt that Seattle fans had nooses at the ready or that Jason Campbell could've led Washington to a superbowl.

Wait, so I didn't see six or seven cases of Seahawks fans getting called racists and being banned in a single off-season for merely saying Sean Taylor's name (and not even in a NEGATIVE way) on the Extreme Skins forum?

Well, damn. Good to know. BRB, revising history to suit your opinion on the subject.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed May 28, 2014 9:57 pm
  • RedAlice wrote:
    kearly wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:The Redskins are a suck franchise with a suck owner. Bruce Allen sucks for trying to defend the name of the team, Dan Snyder sucks as a human, the FedEx Field is an abomination of a surface, and the fanbase is obnoxious. And the trade that they made for RGIII gave the Rams a load of picks, which only makes me hate those idiots more.

I love the Redskins. smile. No team has helped the Rams more than them.

I hate to admit it but you're right.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Thu May 29, 2014 11:51 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    youngchew wrote:geez louise...what gives with some of you folks LOL. I lived in Seattle for two years from 09-2011 and met many fair, mature, knowledgeable Seahawks fans. But I never met anybody in a bar feeling like all Redskins fans felt that Seattle fans had nooses at the ready or that Jason Campbell could've led Washington to a superbowl.

Wait, so I didn't see six or seven cases of Seahawks fans getting called racists and being banned in a single off-season for merely saying Sean Taylor's name (and not even in a NEGATIVE way) on the Extreme Skins forum?

Well, damn. Good to know. BRB, revising history to suit your opinion on the subject.

I remember that like it was yesterday. In fact I remember Redskins fans getting blasted for not believing the Taylor motivation would be enough. Any doubters, harassment or bannage. They were in a rage that Seahawks fans had the audacity to pick the Hawks to win on our own site. How dare we speak of a possible Skins loss with the Taylor situation?
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Fri May 30, 2014 12:00 am
  • loafoftatupu wrote:I remember that like it was yesterday. In fact I remember Redskins fans getting blasted for not believing the Taylor motivation would be enough. Any doubters, harassment or bannage. They were in a rage that Seahawks fans had the audacity to pick the Hawks to win on our own site. How dare we speak of a possible Skins loss with the Taylor situation?

It was unreal. I don't even have anything further to say about it; I just wound up being flabbergasted.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:12 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:I remember that like it was yesterday. In fact I remember Redskins fans getting blasted for not believing the Taylor motivation would be enough. Any doubters, harassment or bannage. They were in a rage that Seahawks fans had the audacity to pick the Hawks to win on our own site. How dare we speak of a possible Skins loss with the Taylor situation?

It was unreal. I don't even have anything further to say about it; I just wound up being flabbergasted.

The Redskins fan base is the biggest bunch of douchebags and it isn't even close. The "Extremeskins" message board make the "Webzone" look like a bunch of choir boys..
    seahawk12thman
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:38 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:Bullshit. those stories took off after the playoff loss. The only SUBSTANTIATED report of insensitivity was a blogger who was nasty towards Taylor and became the ammo the DC media used to try and make Seattle fans look like assholes. Following the loss, stories of fans being mocked about Taylor began to pop up, and have grown in stature ever since on Hawg forums, of course completely ignoring any possible role Skins fans may have played in the matters. Certain Skins fans have tried to turn the matter into racism as well, claiming Seahawk fans are bigots, extreme skins being the main and worst offender. The irony of a REDskins fan claiming racism should be clear to most.
    My lasting memory of that game and the hype around it was that Skins fans thought the late season success after Taylor's death made them a team of destiny. There were loads of predictions that they would score 21 to match Taylor's jersey number, shit like that. Skins fans made that game about Taylor, not Seahawk fans. That game was also followed by baseless allegations of piped noise. My lasting impression of redskins fans is that they were some poor losers.

Well said, I remember that. A team of destiny, the 21 points thing, all true.

When it didn't happen, then the stories started to appear. Skins fans limped home, and started to manufacturer all the horrible things that happened to them out here, "those were the worst fans I've ever seen!!" Blah. "I was hit by a hot dog and got ketchup on my jeans!" Yes I remember that, some Skins fans was crying about it, weren't there even pics of that one?

And apparently over the years the myth has grown. Too funny.

I like the Redskins, they're always good for a win in the playoffs. :lol:
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:29 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information