Where would the Raiders go?

Throwdown

Reaction score
If they decided that the O.co Coliseum, just can't cut it no more, where in the hell would they go? Simple question out of curiosity.

Can't exactly go back to the LA Coliseum, that is not fit for the NFL in any way, shape, or form.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
can't see them ever leaving the state of california with so much history. my assumption is that the NFL would help something along before they would let them be anywhere but oakland or LA.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Canada??? Starts with Ca...ends with an a..... or maybe expand into Mexico. They are not too far away maybe??

Or even make them the Reno Raiders. he he he

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Los Angeles, I would imagine. They might be stuck in the Rose Bowl or something for a couple years while their new stadium in City of Industry or wherever is built.

They do need a new football-only stadium, but who is paying for it? I don't see how it can last in Oakland in the long term.

chris98251

Reaction score
Santa Clara would be an option maybe a few years down the road as a interim situation, right now they have logistical issues they are still sorting out for the 49 to Lifers, I don't know if they could move to L.A. without a sale really also or a partial anyway, too many hands in stadium deals there already trying to hook a team.

Didn't we have somthing posted about Portland trying to lure them there not long ago, if they built a stadium I wonder if the League would wave that 250 mile rule for Teams footprint and Market. I sure hope not but again were Seattle, a city leagues love to screw.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
I was just trying to think of cities with an NFL ready stadium incase something like that happened. I can't think of ONE, maybe San Antonio with the Alamo Dome.

KPA

Reaction score
They could move to Tracy, California. Its outside SF. They have a prison and it's kind of a dump.... perfect fit!

chris98251

Reaction score
KPA":i1jps0wk said:
They could move to Tracy, California. Its outside SF. They have a prison and it's kind of a dump.... perfect fit!

Thats for that other Bay area team.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
http://meacswacsports.blogspot.com/2014 ... re-in.html
"The expectations for the new renovations at the stadium is that it will allow new-high profile events to take place, like NFL preseason match-ups, neutral site for college football games and also to have concerts." (56,000 up to 65,000 seats)

Time Lapse video:
http://turnerwzc.workzonecam.com/client ... pvbmVjYW0x
Apparently, 95% will be complete this fall and ready to host college football games.
http://turnerwzc.workzonecam.com/

NFL Pre-Season games in Orlando would be cool. Especially since the Seahawks play the AFC West teams in the Pre-Season often. http://bungalower.com/2013/12/demolitio ... ext-month/

Subzero717

Reaction score
TriCHawk":1mtinw1f said:
Maybe they can work out a deal to share that new stadium in Santa Clara?

I believe they missed their chance at that and the Niners prefer it that way.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
They should just share the new stadium with the whiners, same fan base anyways. raider fans = whiner fans and vice versa.

RiverDog

Reaction score
IMO once the league gets one, perhaps two teams into the LA area, they'll start looking to expand internationally. We of all people should not wish to have a franchise in Portland because it hurts Seattle as it cuts into our market. The league would be creating two small markets out of one mid sized one.

Same goes for Orlando. Florida already has an over saturated market with 3 teams in the state. CFB and NASCAR compete with the NFL like no other area of the country. The new stadium in Orlando doesn't hardly look to be to NFL standards as the price tag, less than $250M when the costs of new NFL stadiums, even ones without roofs, are approaching $1B. Heck, our place, which is 12 years old, cost over $400M.

They won't put a team into Mexico City simply because it's a poor country with was has been a virtual civil war going on with drug gangs running rampant. Toronto would be an option, except that the league has maintained a hands off Canada approach in order to preserve the viability of the CFL.

Once they achieve their goal of returning the NFL to the country's 2nd largest market, the league will turn their eyes to across the pond.

Subzero717

Reaction score
↑ A team in Europe is a horrible idea. A team in Canada is almost as bad but not quite. Outside of taxes etc and the overall disinterest for our game the travel would make it the Mariners of the NFL.

As far as Portland I dont there TV so I dont know what the market is like. I do know all Blazers games not brodcast nationally are blacked out here. Thats even if you purchase a premium package. Plus I dont know within the last year but Portland has been a Niner town with a ton of Packer fans. Plus its the NFL and its now. They can both support soccer teams witj record attendances. I dont see how football couldnt.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
USC has a deal in place to renovate the Coliseum with $150 million. Their AD recently floated the idea of charging $4,000 per seat to each season-ticket holder to help pay for the renovations.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I think Oakland will build a stadium that both A's /Raiders can use..Unless they want to lose both..

RiverDog

Reaction score
IndyHawk":nue5k7d7 said:
I think Oakland will build a stadium that both A's /Raiders can use..Unless they want to lose both..

Multi purpose stadiums went out of vogue with the leisure suit. Football and baseball simply are not compatible, especially if a team like the Raiders want to compete with the new digs the Niners have down in Santa Clara. Besides, stadium revenue is one of the few revenue streams in the NFL that doesn't have to be shared. Any owner of any NFL team is not going to want to share revenue generated from the stadium with another major tenant. The desire to get away from having to share stadiums with MLB teams was a major motivation in this past rush over the last 25 years or so to upgrade facilities.

I agree that putting a team in London, or anywhere else across the pond, is a horrible idea. Can you imagine trying to attract free agents if you're the only team within 4,000 miles? IMO the only way it's going to work is if they can get an entire division over there, but I can't see how that's going to work, either. But they're going to try. Our money hungry owners have an insatiable desire for the almighty dollar, and the US market is virtually tapped out.