Aldon Smith apparently arrested again

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:So whats he gonna get? like 2 minutes community service?

No idea...sentencing not till July 25th.

What a coincidence, I have a huge party that same day.

Well I do now. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It's going to be interesting how they handle his sentencing. I'm with Loaf on the no contest plea. I simply think anything else would have looked like he hasn't learned a thing through all of his mistakes and dragging out the court system that is already over loaded or trying to treat this like he is in any position of negotiating would also make him look bad. Likely a smart call on his attorney's behalf. Your screwed sun. They have everything they need and every reason to slam you like a rag doll. Give up and hope they find mercy. At least you appear to be owning your criminal past and that gives reason to believe you may possibly be trying to change.

However that last airport incident sure does spit in the face of that theory.

I don't remember all his time lines, there are so damn many but did he get his last tree crashing DUI before or after the party that multiple people got shot?
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• RichNhansom wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

It's going to be interesting how they handle his sentencing. I'm with Loaf on the no contest plea. I simply think anything else would have looked like he hasn't learned a thing through all of his mistakes and dragging out the court system that is already over loaded or trying to treat this like he is in any position of negotiating would also make him look bad. Likely a smart call on his attorney's behalf. Your screwed sun. They have everything they need and every reason to slam you like a rag doll. Give up and hope they find mercy. At least you appear to be owning your criminal past and that gives reason to believe you may possibly be trying to change.

However that last airport incident sure does spit in the face of that theory.

I don't remember all his time lines, there are so damn many but did he get his last tree crashing DUI before or after the party that multiple people got shot?

LOL.

The DUI was after.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:I should note I totally disagree with the CA law on the assault rifle possession. I do not think he should go to jail for having those guns if he bought them over the counter of any store, in any state. Not for a single day.

But I want to know Marvin, why you think that any defendant with 3 felony charges of gun possession (That he has stipulated to) will not get a single day in the slammer? You really think that a no-contest plea is worth a sentence that includes no jail time with 3 felony charges being accepted?

Why do I think that? Because I don't think he'd have given up the fight otherwise.

Don't trust me though....how about an actual lawyer...

http://www.csnbayarea.com/video_content ... ntest-plea

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! "Given up the Fight"... That is SO epic. There was never a fight to give up. There was no case, no argument to defend.

You found a link? With the Bay Area "Sports Law" guy to come on an say what he would do? THAT'S IT? Haven't you learned to ignore the nonsense from those types? You are the same guy that earlier in this thread tried to convince us that the weapons charge is some trumped up thing to get leverage on the DUI. Because you read some article from a professional. The words were something like "difficult to prove" and "intent". It was so easy for Smith's lawyer to defend those charges Marvin, that they suggested he plead no-contest to every single charge made.

He is blowing a tremendous amount of smoke up the ass of the viewer.

THERE IS NO DEAL. It has already been done. He isn't "working on a deal" because there is absolutely nothing to deal. It doesn't matter where the guy bought the guns, if that was legal or not (but there is another charge available for buying weapons with intent to bring them into CA) It doesn't matter if he went to Rehab (which is tied to two totally different cases for DUI) all that matters is that Aldon Smith had guns in his possession, which he purchased and transported to his home. A judge told me this, you know.. someone that used to be a lawyer and now actually performs the sentencing process. You think I could just make some crap up about law?

He pleaded "no-contest" to all 5 charges. That is 2x DUI and 3x felony possession of illegal weapons. First there are Niner guys saying THAT was a deal. That is great, so now that Smith made a deal, they are working on another one after Aldon already changed his plea? That isn't even possible. A deal for a verdict and then they work a deal for the sentencing? That TV attorney needs to get slapped. "What his attorneys are trying to do is work a deal for..." Do you even have any idea how completely stupid that sounds?

Hey.. Dude could get NO jail time, but I highly doubt a judge will suspend 100% of it.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Bitch slapped honey. BITCH SLAPPED.:)

@Rob, Why can't you use Cowboys v Aliens as the tagline? Olivia is BOSS.:)
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• RichNhansom wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

I feel sorry for you.
    JZ#1
    NET Rookie

• I really do not see how he will be on the field this season at all. I am no lawyer but he might get some brownie points for pleading no contest. But it is still saying I am guilty I just can not come up with a argument. My brother didn't have a DUI and had the same weapon charges he got 16 months on no previous record. Granted he is broke and not a superstar so we will see
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

• rlkats wrote:I really do not see how he will be on the field this season at all. I am no lawyer but he might get some brownie points for pleading no contest. But it is still saying I am guilty I just can not come up with a argument. My brother didn't have a DUI and had the same weapon charges he got 16 months on no previous record. Granted he is broke and not a superstar so we will see

Dude they gave him the full deal? There are two guys from the USACarry site that got over a year and it was suspended to a few months. But even I would be breaking the law if I crossed the state lines with my regular pistols because of the mags they came with stock.

I hate that law, I think Smith should only be punished for the DUIs and frankly should be suspended even if he went to treatment, but we all know Smith will get a fraction of the punishment. The funny part is, Smith could have plead no contest without even having an attorney and the punishment would be substantially less.

Those judges love not having a trial, but Smith's would have been short anyways. Guns that he bought legally in AZ found in his house. Nothing to fight there. That TV attorney is saying that because Aldon went to treatment he should be on probation only. When the word for Aldon is going to be Parole.
    I think that Smith will play this season in any case, just not the entire season. I think he gets time, but most of it suspended and that he is back for camp. Because he will end up serving less than 2 months.

The sticky part is that he is now a convicted felon. If he is caught holding grandpa's shotgun he is screwed. Of course, this is the same people that didn't even charge Brooks for the beer bottle. Maybe the judge is such a Niner fan that he reduces everything to a misdemeanor. LOL..

"I see you pled no contest to 3 felonies. Let's go ahead and reduce those to misdemeanor crimes and give you 40 hours of autograph signing"
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• I still love you Marvin. You might even guess right on the sentence or lack there of, but those references are media guys trying to tell people what they want to hear. Especially in the Bay Area.

If Smith gets no time, I would seriously consider finishing school and taking the CA bar exam. I would specifically fight gun possession charges and advise all my clients to plead no contest. If they sentence my client? I will appeal and argue the details of Aldon Smith after my clients proactively went to rehab. :)
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• rlkats wrote:I really do not see how he will be on the field this season at all. I am no lawyer but he might get some brownie points for pleading no contest. But it is still saying I am guilty I just can not come up with a argument. My brother didn't have a DUI and had the same weapon charges he got 16 months on no previous record. Granted he is broke and not a superstar so we will see

Man.. that just sucks for your bro. Just for having it. LAME.

I think Kats is taking this in stride, he already blasted Smith for this garbage months ago, so I know his feeling on the matter. If the guy gets off free its fine, if he misses the season Kats is prepared to move on.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• He ended up doing 60%. So ya crazy. It sucks for him. We will see where this goes with Aldon. The kid needs to grow up for sure.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Re: Aldon Smith apparently arrested again
Fri May 23, 2014 10:04 pm
  • loafoftatupu wrote:I still love you Marvin. You might even guess right on the sentence or lack there of, but those references are media guys trying to tell people what they want to hear. Especially in the Bay Area.

If Smith gets no time, I would seriously consider finishing school and taking the CA bar exam. I would specifically fight gun possession charges and advise all my clients to plead no contest. If they sentence my client? I will appeal and argue the details of Aldon Smith after my clients proactively went to rehab. :)

LOL.

As I have said all along even in the previous case when I was saying it was difficult to prove...

..."you may be right, that's just not what I had read". I never took a stand that I was sure the whole thing would go away. I essentially said that I didn't know the law well enough to have my own opinion and was simply stating what I had read.

You are painting this picture though that he's put his tail between his legs and given up because he surely would have lost. That's the voice of someone who wants to see him in the worst possible light. He's got an attorney. There is some strategy to this whether you want to see it or not. When the DA was interviewed he specifically would not answer any questions in regards to what preceded Aldons decision nor did he answer questions in regards to his recommendation to the court.

This lawyer tho...right or wrong, he's legit. He's not just some random Niner fan. They have him on whenever there is some legal issue and he's usually right. The funny part about him though is that he has a god awful toupee that seems to be in a different spot on his head every time he's on.

My prediction is little to no jail time and a 4 game suspension. We'll see how close I am on that. No judgement on how much time he SHOULD serve. Just predicting what WILL happen.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Sat May 24, 2014 11:11 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:You are painting this picture though that he's put his tail between his legs and given up because he surely would have lost. That's the voice of someone who wants to see him in the worst possible light. He's got an attorney. There is some strategy to this whether you want to see it or not. When the DA was interviewed he specifically would not answer any questions in regards to what preceded Aldons decision nor did he answer questions in regards to his recommendation to the court.

I'm no artist Marvin, so I ain't painting Shit. Aldon Smith went full-Niner. Give me one reason for Smith's Lawyers to take the case to court. Just ONE after reading the definition of the charge and law.

There was never a chance in the possession case(s) Knowing that the case would lose, they lawyer takes the path of least punishment. Only in the Star-System could this be accomplished. By putting himself at the Mercy of the judge and leaving a jury out of it, Aldon also does not have to risk the renegade citizen that wants to harsh out gun owners or the glamour boys.

The strategy was to cop in full to the DUI's (HAHAHAHHA, they were so close together, that the rehab covers them both) because they know that Aldon has been kissing up and root smooching the courts/Goodell by going to treatment. This leaves only the gun charges which I know are "wobblers" (crimes that can ruled a misdemeanor) The judge already told Smith "I am going to find you guilty of all charges, knowing that do you still want to retain the no-contest plea". So there goes the wobbler. I suppose the judge can reduce the finding to a misdemeanor, but what for? He can still sentence with exactly the same manner. Does he owe Smith something? Is there ANY reason for the judge to swap the charges to Misdemeanors when the defense already pled no-contest to the felonies?

Smith could get out of this time and be back in for 6 years before the season is over. That is how truly Stupid this guy is. Aldon might mean well, but there is no cure for stupid and Smith is infected badly. With those kind of resources he needed a babysitter. Maybe he get a two for one with the Nanny he gets for his kid.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Marvin49 wrote:
    You are painting this picture though that he's put his tail between his legs and given up because he surely would have lost. That's the voice of someone who wants to see him in the worst possible light. He's got an attorney. There is some strategy to this whether you want to see it or not. When the DA was interviewed he specifically would not answer any questions in regards to what preceded Aldons decision nor did he answer questions in regards to his recommendation to the court.

This lawyer tho...right or wrong, he's legit. He's not just some random Niner fan. They have him on whenever there is some legal issue and he's usually right. The funny part about him though is that he has a god awful toupee that seems to be in a different spot on his head every time he's on

Isn't the guy like a fricking Tax Lawyer? He is spot on all the time? How many times does the guy have to come on?!?!?!?!?! Hey, what about the prediction that he would beat the charges altogether because TV lawyer said it would be hard to prove? THAT worked out well.. "Oh, he should be able to beat those charges, they are hard to prove. Let's plead no contest then"

Marvin49 wrote:My prediction is little to no jail time and a 4 game suspension. We'll see how close I am on that. No judgement on how much time he SHOULD serve. Just predicting what WILL happen.

Actually, that isn't really saying much. run of the mill punishment for an NFL player. My point is how far the system will go out of it's way to make sure that Aldon gets the least possible punishment. I still think he could get 30 days or something like that... 3 felony gun charges and no time? Judge better have a pretty sweet luxury box, with naked girls and all the trimmings.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• I just like following Loaf's new avatar. He must have paid his wife off with the bonus that a certain 49er troll loves me.:)
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• MizzouHawkGal wrote:I just like following Loaf's new avatar. He must have paid his wife off with the bonus that a certain 49er troll loves me.:)

If that's his wife or girlfriend then why does he spend so much time on this forum? 8)
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun May 25, 2014 10:31 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    MizzouHawkGal wrote:I just like following Loaf's new avatar. He must have paid his wife off with the bonus that a certain 49er troll loves me.:)

If that's his wife or girlfriend then why does he spend so much time on this forum? 8)

This.
    lvnginhwktwn
    NET Veteran

• lvnginhwktwn wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    MizzouHawkGal wrote:I just like following Loaf's new avatar. He must have paid his wife off with the bonus that a certain 49er troll loves me.:)

This.

Photoshop :stirthepot:
    AnchoviesofTerror
    NET Starter

Mon May 26, 2014 11:24 am
  • AnchoviesofTerror wrote:
    lvnginhwktwn wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:

This.

I call it the "New Car in driveway" look.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Mon May 26, 2014 11:52 am
  • loafoftatupu wrote:
    AnchoviesofTerror wrote:
    lvnginhwktwn wrote:

This.

I call it the "New Car in driveway" look.

She looks like a younger Bree Olson. (that's a good thing)
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• MizzouHawkGal wrote:Bitch slapped honey. BITCH SLAPPED.:)

@Rob, Why can't you use Cowboys v Aliens as the tagline? Olivia is BOSS.:)

Damn.... OK, why didn't I think of that? Olivia looks exceptionally boss when trying wipe my deposit from her crevice. Did I say that outside the Shack? OOPS. I had to do a little editing there.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Sports Hernia wrote:She looks like a younger Bree Olson. (that's a good thing)

And..... let's move on to KamTrack/VD
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• That does not sound good. Kam Track with VD. ;)
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Tue May 27, 2014 11:23 am
  • rlkats wrote:That does not sound good. Kam Track with VD. ;)

Well there are many places we can take that. First thing that comes to mind is that Kamtrack has been impervious to VD for several years now.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• loafoftatupu wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

This lawyer tho...right or wrong, he's legit. He's not just some random Niner fan. They have him on whenever there is some legal issue and he's usually right. The funny part about him though is that he has a god awful toupee that seems to be in a different spot on his head every time he's on

Isn't the guy like a fricking Tax Lawyer? He is spot on all the time? How many times does the guy have to come on?!?!?!?!?! Hey, what about the prediction that he would beat the charges altogether because TV lawyer said it would be hard to prove? THAT worked out well.. "Oh, he should be able to beat those charges, they are hard to prove. Let's plead no contest then"

Marvin49 wrote:My prediction is little to no jail time and a 4 game suspension. We'll see how close I am on that. No judgement on how much time he SHOULD serve. Just predicting what WILL happen.

Actually, that isn't really saying much. run of the mill punishment for an NFL player. My point is how far the system will go out of it's way to make sure that Aldon gets the least possible punishment. I still think he could get 30 days or something like that... 3 felony gun charges and no time? Judge better have a pretty sweet luxury box, with naked girls and all the trimmings.

....right....I shouldn't listen to the guy who has a law degree but I SHOULD listen to you. :D

OK.

For the record, he's probably on a few times a month and they usually ask him questions about the law with athletes on all teams in all sports....not just bay area teams.

As for the "beat the charges altogether", I said at the time that I didn't know the law well enough to say anything with expertise...so I posted about what I had read. This is a similar circumstance. Perhaps you are correct and he won't beat anything. Perhaps there wasn't a deal to be had so the lawyer saw a path to no prison time by pleading no contest very early in the process. Who knows.

I highly doubt tho that he spends any significant time in prison.

Time will tell if I'm right.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:

....right....I shouldn't listen to the guy who has a law degree but I SHOULD listen to you. :D

OK.

I wasn't asking you to listen to me, but you probably should. I'm wicked smart. TV Lawyer.. Yeah, is that the same one you quoted when pointing out the lawyer said Aldon would beat the charges? No, I am not a lawyer, but I pleasured one in a variety of ways before she became a judge. That has to count for something right? :th2thumbs:

Marvin49 wrote:For the record, he's probably on a few times a month and they usually ask him questions about the law with athletes on all teams in all sports....not just bay area teams.

As for the "beat the charges altogether", I said at the time that I didn't know the law well enough to say anything with expertise...so I posted about what I had read. This is a similar circumstance. Perhaps you are correct and he won't beat anything. Perhaps there wasn't a deal to be had so the lawyer saw a path to no prison time by pleading no contest very early in the process. Who knows.

Perhaps I am correct? What is this perhaps stuff? Aldon already lost on ALL charges. The verdict is in brother. There is no deal, there was no deal All that remains is the sentencing hearing.

I never once said Smith would serve significant time in the slam, I guessed that he would be sentenced to a year and that most of it would be suspended sentence. My honest guess is no more than 30 days. You argued that he would not get any time at all and now you are saying he wont see any significant time? Well no kidding. I agree with you there.

All kidding aside, I just do not see the motivation for the judge to avoid any jail time at all or reduce the charges. It just seems like if the judge was going to reduce the charges, that he would have done so at the time the no contest plea was entered. Like I have said before, it won't take a quality lawyer to come back to the sentencing in this case in the defense of other offenders. It will set a very questionable bar for others with the same situation and create a bunch of appellate litigation. Do you see the potential for that?
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• loafoftatupu wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

OK.

I wasn't asking you to listen to me, but you probably should. I'm wicked smart. TV Lawyer.. Yeah, is that the same one you quoted when pointing out the lawyer said Aldon would beat the charges? No, I am not a lawyer, but I pleasured one in a variety of ways before she became a judge. That has to count for something right? :th2thumbs:

Marvin49 wrote:For the record, he's probably on a few times a month and they usually ask him questions about the law with athletes on all teams in all sports....not just bay area teams.

Perhaps I am correct? What is this perhaps stuff? Aldon already lost on ALL charges. The verdict is in brother. There is no deal, there was no deal All that remains is the sentencing hearing.

I never once said Smith would serve significant time in the slam, I guessed that he would be sentenced to a year and that most of it would be suspended sentence. My honest guess is no more than 30 days. You argued that he would not get any time at all and now you are saying he wont see any significant time? Well no kidding. I agree with you there.

All kidding aside, I just do not see the motivation for the judge to avoid any jail time at all or reduce the charges. It just seems like if the judge was going to reduce the charges, that he would have done so at the time the no contest plea was entered. Like I have said before, it won't take a quality lawyer to come back to the sentencing in this case in the defense of other offenders. It will set a very questionable bar for others with the same situation and create a bunch of appellate litigation. Do you see the potential for that?

1) No, its not the same person. He isn't just a "TV Lawyer" either. He's a practicing attorney.

2) "PERHAPS you are correct" is what I mean and it is correct. I get it. He plead No Contest. Its in the hands of the Judge. No deal was made. It's not rocket science.

That doesn't mean however that the lawyer didn't have a pretty good idea what the outcome would be before he had his client plead no contest. If he advised his client to plead No Contest instead of taking it to trial, he had a pretty damn good reason.

Its in the power of the Judge to give no time at all and even reduce the charge to a misdemeanor...even after the plea. Its now up to the lawyer to sway the judge in the case at sentencing. What will be before the judge at that point? A guy who legally purchased guns in another state and transported them and a guy who has issues with Alcohol. He voluntarily went to rehab for his issues with Alcohol and plead No Contest to the DUI. The lawyer will argue that his client and turned himself around and has matured.

What's in question here is what becomes of the case at LAX. It could have no effect if he isn't charged (and he still hasn't been).

Look...we obviously aren't getting anywhere on this. LOL. I'm not defending his actions. I am and have been disappointed. To me though, the DUIs are the stuff I've really been worried about. I think it's ludicrous that a guy would do time in jail for simply owning a gun with the wrong magazine. Still though, he broke the law and will be punished. I just don't see him doing significant time.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote: blah blah blah, blah-bu-blah blah blah. Blah.

You silly bastard. :)

You have gone from claiming that Smith won't see any time, to "won't see any significant time". I applaud this even though the remote possibility exists that he doesn't spend a minute in the slammer.

Of course his lawyer knows about the likely outcome. He knew that DA wouldn't take whatever deal they were offering and he knew that any trial would have been very bad. No contest is the lesser sentence plus protection against the application of the case in civil matters.

DUI x2? A wash.
    LAX? Who cares? That has NO bearing on the possession charges. It simply comes down to the sentence for a no contest plea for 3 counts of felony possession. Straight up. Other citizens have done time in prison for less.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Marvin and Loaf arguing might be the only interesting NFL thing this month.
    Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.

"They call it Sack City because you'd rather live in a SACK."
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• RedAlice wrote:Marvin and Loaf arguing might be the only interesting NFL thing this month.

It failed to be interesting 7 pages ago.

Round and round we go.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Tech Worlds wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:Marvin and Loaf arguing might be the only interesting NFL thing this month.

Round and round we go.

REALLY SAD.
    lvnginhwktwn
    NET Veteran

• lvnginhwktwn wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:Marvin and Loaf arguing might be the only interesting NFL thing this month.

Round and round we go.

REALLY SAD.

And I want you to know how sorry I am for this, because it really is a massive waste of time. At his High School Graduation, Marvin was likely voted "Most Likely To Have an Excuse for Everything". So there were many levels to respond to and they kept changing.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• loafoftatupu wrote:
    lvnginhwktwn wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:

Round and round we go.

REALLY SAD.

And I want you to know how sorry I am for this, because it really is a massive waste of time. At his High School Graduation, Marvin was likely voted "Most Likely To Have an Excuse for Everything". So there were many levels to respond to and they kept changing.

They kept changing TO YOU because you never understood my initial point.

My initial point was that I DON'T KNOW BECAUSE I'M NOT AN EXPERT. I was only talking about what I had read. I said ALL ALONG that what I read could be incorrect and that I simply had read a different point of view.

You have been the only one here using a black and white approach to who's wrong or right.

All I'm doing is finding people who might know what they are talking about and seeing what their opinion is of the situation. I'm sorry, but I don't qualify you as one of those people. It's as simple as that.

If I read even ONE opinion from someone with a legal background and didn't also happen to be a Seahawk fan, I'd lend the opinion much more credence.

As for the "excuse" comment....I'd like to see where I at any point excused the behavior in any way. He screwed up and should be punished. The question is what punishment fits the crime and what is LIKELY to happen, not what you or I think SHOULD happen.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• RedAlice wrote:Marvin and Loaf arguing might be the only interesting NFL thing this month.

lol. :D
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Wed May 28, 2014 10:38 am

We have a winner!!
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Wed May 28, 2014 10:08 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:They kept changing TO YOU because you never understood my initial point.

My initial point was that I DON'T KNOW BECAUSE I'M NOT AN EXPERT. I was only talking about what I had read. I said ALL ALONG that what I read could be incorrect and that I simply had read a different point of view.

You have been the only one here using a black and white approach to who's wrong or right.

I so hate doing this... a waste of time, I wish I would have read this garbage earlier.

Take a step back from the keyboard son. The only items I have seen as black and white were that the initial possession charges were going to be hard to beat and that Smith is convicted on those 3 felonies. Not as an expert in law, but an informed gun owner that has a specific issue with CA gun laws, ones that I have been following for years.

Meanwhile early on you referenced at least one media lawyer that was saying it would be hard to prove the gun charges and that there would be a deal. You see how that worked out?

Marvin49 wrote:All I'm doing is finding people who might know what they are talking about and seeing what their opinion is of the situation. I'm sorry, but I don't qualify you as one of those people. It's as simple as that.

If I read even ONE opinion from someone with a legal background and didn't also happen to be a Seahawk fan, I'd lend the opinion much more credence.

No one cares whether or not you lend your opinion to more credence Marvin. The facts are black and white. Aldon Smith is a convicted felon with no deal. The DA made it very clear
    http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/05/21/court-charge-drunk-driving-nfl-niners-san-francisco-49ers-linebacker-aldon-smith-pleads-no-contest-to-weapons-dui-charges/

Looks pretty black and white to me. LOL... Smith is such a stupid dirt bag that he also swapped the plates on his truck? !?!?! Does this guy stand a chance at avoiding prison with a brain this challenged?

Marvin49 wrote:As for the "excuse" comment....I'd like to see where I at any point excused the behavior in any way. He screwed up and should be punished. The question is what punishment fits the crime and what is LIKELY to happen, not what you or I think SHOULD happen.

If you are going to stick words in my mouth, at least buy me dinner first. You are asking me to prove something I never said, in fact since you mentioned it I would like to see where at any point I made a claim that you were excusing Smith's behavior. Let me save you the time, you won't find it. I also never once said I think Smith deserves jail time for his crimes, only that he doesn't deserve special treatment (which we all know he will get)

The comment said that you were the "most likely to have an excuse for everything" while your fellow students were most likely to succeed. This is in recognition of the constant retort or response of any post dogging anything Niner. Even when you agree with a statement, you have to speak up and give it the Marvin stamp of approval. As if we are seeking it. LOL. Just read the stuff you post when you rag on Smith. It isn't just that he made the mistake. It has to include some reference to his talent, or that it isn't as bad as it sounds. Do I really need to provide examples? The only thing that has ever interested me in this case was the 3 felony gun charges. The DUI and stupid LAX thing have never garnered anything from me other than Smith being Ultra-Jedi-Stupid. You can read back and check.

The sentence is nothing but a guess at this point Marvin, but there are too many people assuming that there was some prearranged conditions when even the Deputy DA has clearly stated there was no such agreement. All he has said is that the no contest plea works in his favor.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• I personally hope Aldon is on the field every time we play the Niners. Aldon is a free play any time we need one. Dude turns into a zombie when he gets hard counted. And not one of those fast modern zombies, one of those old style slow ass bumbling around zombies. That dude going offsides was actually a part of that 4th and 7 play call.

Perhaps the Judge can sentence Aldon to life without parole, but due to Harbie's need to play him every down he can work release with the Niners? The Niners can have a driver pick him up in the mornings still bleary eyed from toilet wine, gawd knows they have that routine down already, Aldon can do his football thang, then the Niners can return him to prison where he can use his long arms to fend off unwanted amorous advances/grab prison buddy victims of his choosing and exchange gun stories with his felon friends. Really, it would be a win win for everyone. Aldon would not have to fear partying with his Niner teammates, since glass bottles are not allowed in prison, the Niners would still have his pass rushing services that they value above all else, the public and trees would be protected from his driving skills, and Aldon himself would be able to concentrate on collecting a new style of illegal weapon, prison shanks. While a far cry from being the kind of weapon you can use to hose an entire neighborhood with bullets, prison shanks are probably still naughty enough to satisfy Aldon's need for dangerous toys, and he won't have to go all the way to Arizona to get said prison shanks.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Scottemojo wrote:I personally hope Aldon is on the field every time we play the Niners. Aldon is a free play any time we need one. Dude turns into a zombie when he gets hard counted. And not one of those fast modern zombies, one of those old style slow ass bumbling around zombies. That dude going offsides was actually a part of that 4th and 7 play call.

Perhaps the Judge can sentence Aldon to life without parole, but due to Harbie's need to play him every down he can work release with the Niners? The Niners can have a driver pick him up in the mornings still bleary eyed from toilet wine, gawd knows they have that routine down already, Aldon can do his football thang, then the Niners can return him to prison where he can use his long arms to fend off unwanted amorous advances/grab prison buddy victims of his choosing and exchange gun stories with his felon friends. Really, it would be a win win for everyone. Aldon would not have to fear partying with his Niner teammates, since glass bottles are not allowed in prison, the Niners would still have his pass rushing services that they value above all else, the public and trees would be protected from his driving skills, and Aldon himself would be able to concentrate on collecting a new style of illegal weapon, prison shanks. While a far cry from being the kind of weapon you can use to hose an entire neighborhood with bullets, prison shanks are probably still naughty enough to satisfy Aldon's need for dangerous toys, and he won't have to go all the way to Arizona to get said prison shanks.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Scott, that is so awesome and SOOOO true. It was like in order to get the physical traits, Smith had to give up motor skills and common logic. I mean you are right, they can exploit Smith multiple times each game and watch him stand there after as he thinks about what to do next.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Thu May 29, 2014 12:51 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:..........

Nominating for post of the mon.......no, wait year!
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• Scottemojo wrote:I personally hope Aldon is on the field every time we play the Niners......prison shanks.

Life is good. This is the icing on the cake of being a dot-netter.

Probably the best post I have ever read. Can't wait to show this to my Dad.
    "John Schneider is...half ninja assassin, half shark. This
    man does not screw around...So glad he is our GM."
    - PGunning101
    gargantual
    NET Veteran

• loafoftatupu wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote: blah blah blah, blah-bu-blah blah blah. Blah.

You silly bastard. :)

You have gone from claiming that Smith won't see any time, to "won't see any significant time". I applaud this even though the remote possibility exists that he doesn't spend a minute in the slammer.

Of course his lawyer knows about the likely outcome. He knew that DA wouldn't take whatever deal they were offering and he knew that any trial would have been very bad. No contest is the lesser sentence plus protection against the application of the case in civil matters.

DUI x2? A wash.
    LAX? Who cares? That has NO bearing on the possession charges. It simply comes down to the sentence for a no contest plea for 3 counts of felony possession. Straight up. Other citizens have done time in prison for less.

I don't think a prison sentence will come out of the felony possession charges. Aldon has probably been on some program for a while now to reduce any sentencing that would come about from his "no contest" plea. He might be placed under house arrest, but typically people are allowed to go to work in those circumstances.

The LAX incident won't amount to much.

I think Aldon will incur a sizable suspension from Gooddell. Maybe even an entire season. We shall see. If he does, I won't even be that upset about it. It just means that Aldon will have no leverage when we extend his contract beyond 2020.
    Front7vLOB
    NET Practice Squad

• California's gun laws are dumb, but in this instance, I hope they are used to punish Aldon for what he should get some punishment for; the DUI.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:California's gun laws are dumb, but in this instance, I hope they are used to punish Aldon for what he should get some punishment for; the DUI.

that's fair. Most people don't see jail time for a DUI though
    Front7vLOB
    NET Practice Squad

• Front7vLOB wrote:that's fair. Most people don't see jail time for a DUI though

I'm one of those guys that thinks DUI penalties are way too lax in every single state in the country. Also, this is Aldon's second DUI. Don't forget the one in Miami.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Front7vLOB wrote:that's fair. Most people don't see jail time for a DUI though

I'm one of those guys that thinks DUI penalties are way too lax in every single state in the country. Also, this is Aldon's second DUI. Don't forget the one in Miami.

the one in Miami was dropped down to a misdemeanor. plus, I don't think it would have any bearing in a CA court. But, I wouldn't be surprised if you were right any he did receive jail time for it
    Front7vLOB
    NET Practice Squad

Fri May 30, 2014 11:40 am
  • Front7vLOB wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    Front7vLOB wrote:that's fair. Most people don't see jail time for a DUI though

the one in Miami was dropped down to a misdemeanor. plus, I don't think it would have any bearing in a CA court. But, I wouldn't be surprised if you were right any he did receive jail time for it

You're wrong about that. A DUI is also a misdemeanor, and CA specifically says that wet reckless convictions are considered upon sentencing for a subsequent DUI. In the eyes of the law in CA, Aldon Smith is a repeat DUI offender. And then you have to consider his three felony convictions for illegal weapons possessions.
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

Fri May 30, 2014 12:38 pm
  • Front7vLOB wrote:I don't think a prison sentence will come out of the felony possession charges. Aldon has probably been on some program for a while now to reduce any sentencing that would come about from his "no contest" plea. He might be placed under house arrest, but typically people are allowed to go to work in those circumstances.

I think Aldon will incur a sizable suspension from Gooddell. Maybe even an entire season. We shall see. If he does, I won't even be that upset about it. It just means that Aldon will have no leverage when we extend his contract beyond 2020.

No, they don't have to go to prison on some felonies, these days Smith can do his time in a regular jail, then go to house arrest, which would make things interesting. He could have his own reality TV show "Real Prison Bitches of Santa Clara". That would be PHAT.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• loafoftatupu wrote:
    Front7vLOB wrote:I don't think a prison sentence will come out of the felony possession charges. Aldon has probably been on some program for a while now to reduce any sentencing that would come about from his "no contest" plea. He might be placed under house arrest, but typically people are allowed to go to work in those circumstances.

No, they don't have to go to prison on some felonies, these days Smith can do his time in a regular jail, then go to house arrest, which would make things interesting. He could have his own reality TV show "Real Prison Bitches of Santa Clara". That would be PHAT.

LMAO, why do I envision Aldon being one of the bitches?
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• RichNhansom wrote:LMAO, why do I envision Aldon being one of the bitches?

Entertaining as that would be, as long as Smith wasn't confronted with a challenge requiring motor skills and intelligence I think he would hold his own.

But since the guns weren't used in a crime, the genius DE would be able to serve any length of time in a local jail and not the state pen. He won't see more than 30 actual days incarcerated. Even if he got a year, the judge would suspend most of it.

It would be great TV in the state pen though. "Aldon.... I heard Lysol from C block wants to sodomize you. What are you going to do now?"

Smith: "COWBOY!!! WHERE ARE YOU BRO? I got 99 problems"
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

PreviousNext

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:59 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information