Aldon Smith apparently arrested again

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Re: Aldon Smith apparently arrested again
Thu May 08, 2014 10:27 am
  • dunceface wrote:Kap after he took his turtle costume and went home :(

That's just begging for some PhotoShop attention.
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

• Bumped, because it's just a matter of time before Alldumb Smith commits another felony! 8)
    .....and does this idiot deserve another thread????
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Did he just get arrested again? :sarcasm_off:
    godawg
    NET Starter

Mon May 12, 2014 10:12 pm
  • godawg wrote:Did he just get arrested again? :sarcasm_off:

Just a matter of time.

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• HAWKAMANIA wrote:But he believes he's a good guy. Wow
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... ood-person

He said "you got to control your situations better".

Not "I have to".

No Aldumb, you were the situation. No one asked you to obtain firearms that aren't legal in the state of CA. No one said "hey Aldumb, don't bother trying to go through the process of legally owning these weapons in CA, just keep them, or don't".

Dude went out of the way to buy weapons that he could not legally have in his home, then brought them there knowing it.

That isn't being presented a situation, that is creating the situation. I really have no idea how he is going to skate on those particular charges, but I am positive he will feel a small percentage of the sting that I would if I did the same thing.

The prosecution doesn't need to make a deal, not even close. Their case is as SOLID as it comes with the search being legal. It isn't even about the purchase (a separate felony charge) it is just having them.

But in the interest of making things as easy as they can on the Niners and Smith they will likely make some deal. Think about this also, if Smith gets off on those weapons possession charges, every future case in the area will refer to that precedent for defendants with similar or cleaner records.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• HAWKAMANIA wrote:But he believes he's a good guy. Wow

I wonder if this is JZ1 posting this: (from the comments section)

"Excuse me. What false bomb threat did he make? What were his words exactly?

And he had a party that got crashed by gangbangers and got out of hand, he was 23 at the time. He tried to break up a fight and got stabbed.

The dui and the accident were his only really bad crimes in any of this. Take a look around the NFL, lots of players in this league that are far more suspect than Aldon Smith. Maybe you should gfys.

The only reason Aldon wasnt' suspended last year was because he volunatarily entered rehab for six weeks missing six NFL games. Meanwhile Marshawn Lynch who in the past ran over a woman in the street and fled and has gun, drug, and was involved in a shooting... got a DUI and he plead that racist cops were the culprit and dragged it out for a year and half while he played every game on the way to the super bowl."

Gotta love the ignorance that spews from that fan base and this post is the epitome of ignorance. Just like the word fan is derived from fanatic so is the word Ignorant/ignorance derived from the word Ignore.

I think even Aldon would say "you just can't fix stupid" if he read that post.

Marshawn ran over a woman in the street. LOL, I bet he thinks Culliver is innocent also. What a complete idiot.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• I don't like our guys hanging with their guys.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Sun May 18, 2014 11:47 am
  • NinaTroll wrote:The dui and the accident were his only really bad crimes in any of this..

I don't think I am guessing that possession of an assault rifle is considered a felony in CA and that each instance is worth up to 16 months in the state slammer.

I don't know about everyone else, but I consider a felony to be bad. 3 of them? DOH!
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Sun May 18, 2014 11:56 am
  • I concur.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Sun May 18, 2014 12:48 pm
  • loafoftatupu wrote:
    NinaTroll wrote:The dui and the accident were his only really bad crimes in any of this..

I don't think I am guessing that possession of an assault rifle is considered a felony in CA and that each instance is worth up to 16 months in the state slammer.

I don't know about everyone else, but I consider a felony to be bad. 3 of them? DOH!

Only if it's a Seattle player its bad in a Nina's eyes. If it's one of their guys it's just an honest mistake, or someone is just out to get their players (see the cops, TSA)...... Lucky for them they have Nina friendly prosacuters and DA's so Aldumb will get off with minimum punishment, plus Rog doesn't have the balls to give him a lengthy suspension, probably 4 games max when the ninnies are in a stretch when they playing some creampuff AFC teams. I'd be surprised as hell if Rog has him serve any suspension time when playing Seattle.

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• RichNhansom wrote:
    HAWKAMANIA wrote:But he believes he's a good guy. Wow

And he had a party that got crashed by gangbangers and got out of hand, he was 23 at the time. He tried to break up a fight and got stabbed.

The dui and the accident were his only really bad crimes in any of this. Take a look around the NFL, lots of players in this league that are far more suspect than Aldon Smith. Maybe you should gfys.

The only reason Aldon wasnt' suspended last year was because he volunatarily entered rehab for six weeks missing six NFL games. Meanwhile Marshawn Lynch who in the past ran over a woman in the street and fled and has gun, drug, and was involved in a shooting... got a DUI and he plead that racist cops were the culprit and dragged it out for a year and half while he played every game on the way to the super bowl."

Gotta love the ignorance that spews from that fan base and this post is the epitome of ignorance. Just like the word fan is derived from fanatic so is the word Ignorant/ignorance derived from the word Ignore.

Marshawn ran over a woman in the street. LOL, I bet he thinks Culliver is innocent also. What a complete idiot.

I must be really on your mind for you to bring me up in a random thread that I have never posted in. I must occupy your mind or something since you are trolling me here. Niner Trolls must get to you badly if you falsely claim anyone who bothers you a niner troll.

Cop pulls you over and gives you a ticket for speeding? He must be a niner troll.

Dont get the promotion at work? He must be a niner troll.

Don't like what the president is doing? He must be a niner troll.

Bad weather in Seattle? God must be a niner troll.

U mad bro?
    JZ#1
    NET Rookie

• JZ#1 wrote:
    RichNhansom wrote:
    HAWKAMANIA wrote:But he believes he's a good guy. Wow

I must be really on your mind for you to bring me up in a random thread that I have never posted in. I must occupy your mind or something since you are trolling me here. Niner Trolls must get to you badly if you falsely claim anyone who bothers you a niner troll.

Cop pulls you over and gives you a ticket for speeding? He must be a niner troll.

Dont get the promotion at work? He must be a niner troll.

Don't like what the president is doing? He must be a niner troll.

Bad weather in Seattle? God must be a niner troll.

U mad bro?

I thought you took your ball and went home?

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Cam Inman ‏@CamInman · 2m
    #49ers Aldon Smith pleads "no contest" to 3 felony weapons charges, 1 misdemeanor DUI. Admits BAC was 0.15 or more
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• So whats he gonna get? like 2 minutes community service?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Throwdown wrote:So whats he gonna get? like 2 minutes community service?

No idea...sentencing not till July 25th.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport · 4m
    It will be up to the judge to sentence him. "It's from zero days to four years and four months," prosecutor brian Buckelew said.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:Cam Inman ‏@CamInman · 2m
    #49ers Aldon Smith pleads "no contest" to 3 felony weapons charges, 1 misdemeanor DUI. Admits BAC was 0.15 or more

Plead "SF @SEA" you say? :)

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

• Laloosh wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:Cam Inman ‏@CamInman · 2m

Plead "SF @SEA" you say? :)

How do you plead curbstomping??? 8)

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Marvin49 wrote:tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport · 4m
    It will be up to the judge to sentence him. "It's from zero days to four years and four months," prosecutor brian Buckelew said.

"Smith could get any sentence from probation to four years and four months in prison on each of the weapons charges."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... i-charges/
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• JGfromtheNW wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport · 4m

"Smith could get any sentence from probation to four years and four months in prison on each of the weapons charges."

Sounds like it's up to the judge.
    I'm not a judge (but I played one on TV) 8) Pure speculation----------> I'm betting he gets 3 months to be served next offseason, with strict conditions if he re-offends, any new charges means = a year+ or more in the big house.

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Whatever he gets I hope he learns his lesson, I hate seeing talented players wasting their talent. Hopefully this wont sound too much like a homer but I think he could be a hall of famer if he can just grow up and make better decisions.
    Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono
    lvnginhwktwn
    NET Veteran

• Question. Ordinary joe here. If I had a house party someone was shot with my illegal non registered gun. Busted for DUI earlier. And a pending dumb bomb threat joke. Does anyone think I deserve a break? I sure don't. And you know what I bet the judge wouldn't give me a break. This is where the law will fail if the punishment is not just.

I love my Niners but this attitude and this level of lack of respect for the law is embarrassing. Do not be fooled any one of us would do serious jail time. He deserves a just punishment. And his status should not stand for the punishment.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

• rlkats wrote:Question. Ordinary joe here. If I had a house party someone was shot with my illegal non registered gun. Busted for DUI earlier. And a pending dumb bomb threat joke. Does anyone think I deserve a break? I sure don't. And you know what I bet the judge wouldn't give me a break. This is where the law will fail if the punishment is not just.

I love my Niners but this attitude and this level of lack of respect for the law is embarrassing. Do not be fooled any one of us would do serious jail time. He deserves a just punishment. And his status should not stand for the punishment.

No doubt about it...I would be locked up for at least 10 years, I would think. BTW though, someone was shot by the neighbor. Agree with everything else though and I would say the same if he was a Seahawk
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• Shot by the neighbor. Cool thanks for fixing that for me. For some reason I thought it was with Aldons gun
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    JGfromtheNW wrote:

I'm not a judge (but I played one on TV) 8) Pure speculation----------> I'm betting he gets 3 months to be served next offseason, with strict conditions if he re-offends, any new charges means = a year+ or more in the big house.

My money's on probation and a fine. Four game suspension from the NFL and he's arrested again before the end of 2014.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

• lvnginhwktwn wrote:Whatever he gets I hope he learns his lesson, I hate seeing talented players wasting their talent. Hopefully this wont sound too much like a homer but I think he could be a hall of famer if he can just grow up and make better decisions.

Absolutely he could. Any player that can play at that level for a sustained amount of time would be. However as great as he has been and could be, I don't think he will. I think his stupidity will end his career or at least slow production.
    Watching Beast Mode run the ball.
    Catching a Bo Jackson baseball. Kingdome, centerfield, over the cannon.
    Jim Presley with a full count, 2 out, down by 3, bottom of the 9th Grand Slam.

My favorite all time sports memory
    "The Seattle Seahawks are Super Bowl CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!"
    JaiSeaSea
    NET Rookie

• Good
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• A regular Joe gets jail time with Aldumb's rap sheet.

I predict that he will serve some time... and get suspended for 6 games.

I'll be surprised if he sees the field this year. He doesn't deserve to.

He's a knucklehead who has repeatedly shown he has no respect for the law.
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• Dudes gonna walk. You watch.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• I'll kick Throwdowns dog if that happens.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    JGfromtheNW wrote:

Should we start a pool? I say no-contest with 3 felonies gets the guy 16 months, 12 of it suspended and that it happens during the season. That the Misdemeanor DUI is considered a Time-Served (Including the league suspension) and that he gets suspended for 6 games as a player, but appeals down to 3. Smith is getting prison time that will not wait for him, but the natural order of things will stretch it out for some length of time anyways.

This was NOT a plea bargain, this was a lost case that Smith is looking to get in the judge's good graces with by not holding a trial. Smith is admitting the facts of the case are true and leaving the result to the judge. If Aldon is found with ANY gun he will be going to prison from this point on, not just assault rifles. He can't have Grandpa's single shot 12 gauge
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Wed May 21, 2014 10:17 pm
  • rlkats wrote:Question. Ordinary joe here. If I had a house party someone was shot with my illegal non registered gun. Busted for DUI earlier. And a pending dumb bomb threat joke. Does anyone think I deserve a break? I sure don't. And you know what I bet the judge wouldn't give me a break. This is where the law will fail if the punishment is not just.

Couple things...

1) Nobody was shot with those guns. The guns were found in the house. The people who were shot were struck by bullets fired outside the property. In that case, Aldon was a VICTIM of the stabbing. The illegal guns were found when the police searched the premises .

2) As for what would happen if it were any of us, I can't say. What I can say is that all of our prisons are grossly overpopulated and I'd hate to see someone go to jail simply for purchasing a legal gun in Arizona and bringing it across state lines. He deserves to be punished, but I don't think he should be incarcerated. The DUI is a different deal. Dunno about that.

3) BTW, I'm pretty sure he'll serve no jail time. Has nothing to do with whether or not I think he deserves to, I just don't think he'd have agreed to plead no contest if there wasn't some deal or recommendation in place.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Thu May 22, 2014 12:09 am
  • Marvin,

Smith has nothing to deal, no leverage, nothing. Prosecution attorneys do not do deals for "no contest", they do deals for guilty pleas.

All Smith is doing is showing the court he is cooperating to save the State money and time fighting a case he knows he will lose based on the recommendation of his own representation, who also would rather have their client plea no contest rather than "Guilty". Especially in a case they know they can't win.

The DUI? Smith will get nothing, but 3 felony possession charges? Dude is going to get something. Each possession charge is worth up to 16 months, totaling 4 years. You really think a guy that plea's no contest to that is going to get NO jail time?

I could see most of it being suspended, but even that is unrealistic. That is like saying "sure people, it's OK to commit felony crimes as long as you don't make us go to trial."

I am pretty sure it was you that argued earlier in this thread that the gun charges would be hard to prove, so Smith wouldn't see time behind bars. Well so much for that defense Jay. After all, you said it was a couple writers that said it would be hard to prove.

So now Aldon is in full agreement with the facts of the charges and he STILL won't see any jail time. Remember, there is no deal here. Just a plea of no-contest. No agreement was made with the prosecution.

I think the law sucks and that no man that hasn't lost his gun rights should go to jail for owning any type of gun sold legally, but CA has an erection for gun laws.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Didn't Aldon or his friend fire shots in the air and then towards partygoers? I guess it wasn't a neighbor that shot back but someone leaving the party returning fire. That's more than just having an illegal gun be found on his premises
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• Tech Worlds wrote:Dudes gonna walk. You watch.

Concur. But hey like Marvin said, jails are overcrowded and all so there's that justification......er, reason.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• I doubt his lawyers would have allowed him to plead No Contest unless there was a plea deal in place. My guess is that he gets a suspended sentence and Goodell slaps him with a 4 game suspension.
    TXHawk
    NET Rookie

• loafoftatupu wrote:Marvin,

Smith has nothing to deal, no leverage, nothing. Prosecution attorneys do not do deals for "no contest", they do deals for guilty pleas.

All Smith is doing is showing the court he is cooperating to save the State money and time fighting a case he knows he will lose based on the recommendation of his own representation, who also would rather have their client plea no contest rather than "Guilty". Especially in a case they know they can't win.

The DUI? Smith will get nothing, but 3 felony possession charges? Dude is going to get something. Each possession charge is worth up to 16 months, totaling 4 years. You really think a guy that plea's no contest to that is going to get NO jail time?

I could see most of it being suspended, but even that is unrealistic. That is like saying "sure people, it's OK to commit felony crimes as long as you don't make us go to trial."

I am pretty sure it was you that argued earlier in this thread that the gun charges would be hard to prove, so Smith wouldn't see time behind bars. Well so much for that defense Jay. After all, you said it was a couple writers that said it would be hard to prove.

So now Aldon is in full agreement with the facts of the charges and he STILL won't see any jail time. Remember, there is no deal here. Just a plea of no-contest. No agreement was made with the prosecution.

I think the law sucks and that no man that hasn't lost his gun rights should go to jail for owning any type of gun sold legally, but CA has an erection for gun laws.

You could be right on that...I'm just sayin'...I can't imagine his attorney would tell him to plead no contest if they didn't have a pretty good idea what was about to happen. If he were about to face real jail time, this would be going to court.

It was me from before and I was simply stating what I had read. Not sure it's completely incorrect either. I understand that what your saying here is that its not a plea deal, but a straight plea to the Judge. Just doesn't make any sense though that they would give up the fight with no idea at all what the sentence would be.

My guess is limited to no jail time. I could absolutely be wrong...I just don't see why they would put in that plea otherwise. Remember, the sentence is up to 16 months as you said...but its also as little as ZERO time. There is no mandate.

The next question is what Roger Goodell does.

He said last year that Aldons time in rehab would "certainly" be considered when it came time to consider a suspension. As Goodell put it at the time, the goal is to prevent the behavior, not to punish. It also gets sticky because if he were an Arizona Cardinal he would never have been charged with a crime (on gun possession that is). Still...its a felony in the state in which he plays.

My guess is a 4 game suspension.
    Last edited by Marvin49 on Thu May 22, 2014 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• One way the system works is pile a bunch of stuff on and eliminate a few charges to make something stick. But that's more of a deal type of maneuver. He plead no contest. I see minimum of. 6 months jail time.

In California it's hit hard if you do not have a bullet button. Also not registering the weapon in California. It's not line he was going to be traded. He intended to beat the system by purchasing a weapon from Arizona which has more lax gun laws so I have no sympathy. Do I agree with California gun law no but I'm a law abiding citizen and have no sympathy for rich kids attempting to one up the law. Screw him. Do the crime knowingly get the time
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Thu May 22, 2014 10:06 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:You could be right on that...I'm just sayin'...I can't imagine his attorney would tell him to plead no contest if they didn't have a pretty good idea what was about to happen. If he were about to face real jail time, this would be going to court.

It was me from before and I was simply stating what I had read. Not sure it's completely incorrect either. I understand that what your saying here is that its not a plea deal, but a straight plea to the Judge. Just doesn't make any sense though that they would give up the fight with no idea at all what the sentence would be.

My guess is limited to no jail time. I could absolutely be wrong...I just don't see why they would put in that plea otherwise. Remember, the sentence is up to 16 months as you said...but its also as little as ZERO time. There is no mandate.

THERE IS NO FIGHT TO GIVE UP. If Aldon actually went to court for this he would get the full ride in prison minus some good behavior/early release garbage. I didn't say 16 months, I said 16 months PER INSTANCE. That is 4 fricking years of no dope, no money, no bitches and sure in the hell no flipping football. He takes it to court and wastes their time on a case they have NOTHING in and he is getting harshed out. THAT is why he made the no-contest plea. He is basically asking for (and should get) some leniency in the sentencing for not forcing a big ordeal for the whole thing. Heh.. The DUI? Bantha Fodder.

Yes, the least amount of time given at sentencing is zero time, but the most is 4 years, the court will not find the extreme of either.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Thu May 22, 2014 10:14 am
  • I should note I totally disagree with the CA law on the assault rifle possession. I do not think he should go to jail for having those guns if he bought them over the counter of any store, in any state. Not for a single day.

But I want to know Marvin, why you think that any defendant with 3 felony charges of gun possession (That he has stipulated to) will not get a single day in the slammer? You really think that a no-contest plea is worth a sentence that includes no jail time with 3 felony charges being accepted?
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Thu May 22, 2014 10:42 am
  • It's funny how little the people posting most in this thread actually know about the court system.
    QuickLightning
    NET Rookie

Thu May 22, 2014 11:03 am
  • QuickLightning wrote:It's funny how little the people posting most in this thread actually know about the court system.

Why don't you enlighten everyone?
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Thu May 22, 2014 11:22 am
  • -The Glove- wrote:
    QuickLightning wrote:It's funny how little the people posting most in this thread actually know about the court system.

Ya, enlighten us Judge Judy.
    Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono
    lvnginhwktwn
    NET Veteran

Thu May 22, 2014 11:59 am

We'd all be doing some serious time. Nice objective post, that's what I like about you brother, don't change. :th2thumbs:

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu May 22, 2014 12:23 pm
  • QuickLightning wrote:It's funny how little the people posting most in this thread actually know about the court system.

I know absolutely zero. So I made sure to ask my old girlfriend that got me a reckless instead of a DUI in 93 and now resides over hearings in the King County Court system.

She is the one that said there is no deal and thus no agreement or understanding of no time in prison. There is likely a substantial reduction in sentence though. I can't argue with her on the matter.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• lvnginhwktwn wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:
    QuickLightning wrote:It's funny how little the people posting most in this thread actually know about the court system.

Ya, enlighten us Judge Judy.

You'll have to wait until next week his Internet time is up for the week unless he gets some extra minutes for good behavior.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

Thu May 22, 2014 11:56 pm
  • loafoftatupu wrote:I should note I totally disagree with the CA law on the assault rifle possession. I do not think he should go to jail for having those guns if he bought them over the counter of any store, in any state. Not for a single day.

But I want to know Marvin, why you think that any defendant with 3 felony charges of gun possession (That he has stipulated to) will not get a single day in the slammer? You really think that a no-contest plea is worth a sentence that includes no jail time with 3 felony charges being accepted?

Why do I think that? Because I don't think he'd have given up the fight otherwise.

Don't trust me though....how about an actual lawyer...

http://www.csnbayarea.com/video_content ... ntest-plea
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Fri May 23, 2014 12:03 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:I should note I totally disagree with the CA law on the assault rifle possession. I do not think he should go to jail for having those guns if he bought them over the counter of any store, in any state. Not for a single day.

Why do I think that? Because I don't think he'd have given up the fight otherwise.

Don't trust me though....how about an actual lawyer...

http://www.csnbayarea.com/video_content ... ntest-plea

Laloosh wrote:My money's on probation and a fine. Four game suspension from the NFL and he's arrested again before the end of 2014.

I'm the smartest man alive!

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Just gotta love posters like this.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

PreviousNext

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:53 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]