Steve Smith?

TXHawk

Reaction score
I was just watching ESPN's The Herd and they said that Steve Smith has been cut and "preliminary reports right now say that he could potentially go to the Baltimore Ravens or the Seattle Seahawks. "

Has anyone seen anything that would back this up or is it just wild speculation by ESPN?

nyc-seahawk

Reaction score
There is something to it. I would love to bring his attitude and competitiveness to our roster and see what happens. "1 year 5 mill get a ring kinda deal"

James in PA

Reaction score
Steve Smith is a badass. He would fit right in with our squad.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'd love Smith here on a 3-4M a year type deal.

His style of play would fit well here, and we need at least one more dependable veteran receiver going into camp. Cause we sure as heck can't go into the season hoping that Harvin stays healthy. If he gets hurt again then all we have in Baldwin and Kearse and maybe a 3rd round draft pick at WR.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Ha ha. I heard the same thing on ESPN radio and came here to see if anyone had any more info on this. Shchefter still reporting that the Ravens are the frontrunner. He didn't mention Seattle

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I think he's a punk, but I LOVE the way he plays. He is a flat out baller, and goes up and gets it.
Much better WR than Tate ever was or will be. Bring it on. He'd fit in, LOB on the offense.
His attitude and chip would be big for sure.

HawkFanNC

Reaction score
Smith's home is in Charlotte, he and his family are plugged into the community and his three kids go to school there. If the Ravens make an offer, I gotta think he will stay close to home. Just an hour flight away. Besides, we already have a younger version of Steve Smith: Baldwin

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Would rather have Baldwin AND Smith. Can never have enough tough WR's who go up and get it.
And they'd both be plenty "angry"
:)

drrew

Reaction score
If we had budgeted $4.5m/year or so for Tate over five years, I'd give that money to Steve Smith over two years in a heartbeat.

Jac

Reaction score
HawkFanNC":1asa1pyp said:
Smith's home is in Charlotte, he and his family are plugged into the community and his three kids go to school there. If the Ravens make an offer, I gotta think he will stay close to home. Just an hour flight away. Besides, we already have a younger version of Steve Smith: Baldwin

True. But if you know you're at the absolute end of your career, one year in Seattle to play with like-minded teammates and have a legitimate shot at a SB would have to be enticing.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
considering Tate was always the future Steve Smith we may just be able to get the real thing . Sign Smith !

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I'll climb out on this limb. Dude is cancer, just cant see him fitting in with this squad!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":287fb4jv said:
I'll climb out on this limb. Dude is cancer, just cant see him fitting in with this squad!

he's a cancer?

what team has he destroyed?