OT Jared Veldheer to AZ

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Good signing for them, he should solidify their line, esp working with Cooper when he's fit. Why the Raiders chose Saffold over this guy..?

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
i thought the raiders were done being.. well.. the raiders. this is a great move by AZ and probably the stupidest FA move this year for the raiders.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Great signing, dudes a monster. They need him to stand up to NFCW pass rushers.

Chapow

Reaction score
Gaaawwwwwwd the Raiders are just so unbelievably inept.

They had plenty of space to re-sign this guy but decided to let him go and pay an older, crappier guy more.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Chapow":19pa9kio said:
Gaaawwwwwwd the Raiders are just so unbelievably inept.

They had plenty of space to re-sign this guy but decided to let him go and pay an older, crappier guy more.

Yeah it makes no sense. He must have told them he wouldn't re-sign with them and hated playing there or something.

Reports are that the Raiders didn't see him as a true LT, but Saffold isn't one either so I don't get it.

dcbshowstopper

Reaction score
Word is Saffold was signed as a guard. Their GM is a moron, plain and simple. Not only does he pay a GUARD 8 mil a year, but one who is often injured. :shock:

mikeak

Reaction score
The raider people are saying they had offered up to $55M for him to stay but he didn't instead they spent more on Saffold often injured vs keeping Veldheer.

Not sure why they didn't franchise tag him. I mean key guys you tag. I was opposed to tagging Bennet just because of him coming in on a one year deal but any key guy just do it and give them the good offer to keep them happy

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
The raiders are an embarrassment. Worst offseason of any team so far and the most money available to spend. At least keep your own talent, eesh.

kigenzun

Reaction score
Wasn't Reggie McKenzie a NFL Guard? For like the Bills way back in the day...and later with Ground Chuck?

Maybe that's why he values journeyman guards so much more than franchise left tackles...