Seahawks reportedly interested in Jermichael Finley?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
From Boston Globe NFL/Patriots writer Ben Volin on Twitter:

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 14m
I'm told that TE Jermichael Finley, still not medically cleared, has drawn interest from the Jets, Chiefs, Seahawks, Giants and Steelers

Lotta different teams interested, so I'm starting this one in the NFL Nation, but it's possible we hear more about this as it pertains to the Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks soon.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Possibly just look-see since he said he was interested in coming here if he wasn't resigned in GB.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
I hope not. Brick hands and a peanut-sized brain protected by an egg shell skull.

sutz

Reaction score
Isn't this like chapter 2 of this saga?

chris98251

Reaction score
We look at everyone, no stone unturned, doesn't mean we want them after a visit, several came and left over the last few years.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Sounds like fake news his agent is pumping into Twitterverse. Outside teams aren't even allowed to contact FAs or their agents yet, so how could he have "drawn interest" without a tampering violation? Subliminal messages?

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I think he'd be a heck of a 3rd TE. There is no denying he is an athletic player who can make big plays. At Vet minimum or just over I think he'd be an improvement over what we tried to bring in when we signed Kellen Winslow.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Yea, this sounds like one of them "sources" that just throws out half a dozen teams that maybe looking for TE's and see what sticks. If one of them actually sign him then they are the genius that called it first.

BHF

Reaction score
DavidSeven":20p6qz5h said:
Sounds like fake news his agent is pumping into Twitterverse. Outside teams aren't even allowed to contact FAs or their agents yet, so how could he have "drawn interest" without a tampering violation? Subliminal messages?

If you don't think that all sorts of back channel discussions are happening between agents and FOs, I don't know what to tell you. It's only tampering if you can prove it.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
He is a really high risk player IMO. I'd rather keep Zack or McCoy if Zach will not agree to redo his deal

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
A ton of teams are interested in him. Why would you not be? Two years ago he was one of the best TE's in the league.

"Interested" doesn't mean four year contract with 20M guaranteed. "Interested" for the Hawks means "come on in on a one year prove it deal."