Jeremy Maclin and Kenny Britt

DavidCruz24

Reaction score
What are the chances we sign either one of these guys if Tate is gone and how nigh do you think each one is worth. Is Maclin looking at 5 million average salary?

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Would rather draft a receiver than have either. Britt has fallen off terribly, and the only way I would even consider him is a min contract. Dude is a locker room cancer.
Maclin is coming off a torn ACL, so I don't know how much you want to invest in him, but if it was for 5m a year, I would rather have Tate. Philly wants him back though.

Slim chance we sign either imo.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I'd rather have Maclin, dudes had some of the worst luck health wise, like ever.

Britt has big talent, but he's an idiot and often injured.

I don't see either, but if I had to choose, it'd be Maclin.

The Radish

Reaction score
Posts like this that are pure speculation about non Seahawks players need to be in the NFL Forum.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Pass on both, neither strikes me as a "hungry" player with a chip on his shoulder. I'd rather look at that WR the Chargers had that got injured early this season, Alexander, his knee might make his career over though which is sad as he is only 25. I think he has a bigger chip and a lot of heart though, wouldn't mind seeing him get a chance again if he is still trying.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Bitt signing seems very JS'ish. Still very young, very athletic with upside. Market dropped out for him. Could be a cost effective add, at a position of need. I think he needs a change of scenery and new coaching staff more than anything.

If he comes in humble and hungry, no reason he can't bet on himself on a cheap 1 year deal with the hawks.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I like Hakeem Nicks better than either of these guys because he's the big, rangy WR our team could really. Unfortunately, he'll be overpriced and we won't go after him (or any other FA WR in my opinion).

AgentDib

Reaction score
Receiver positions are overblown by some and Pete/John have both said that their main goal is putting as many play makers on the field as possible. However, I don't think you can completely overlook the diversity in skill sets that these players have and the most important factor is how a potential receiver acquisition would fit on our team.

Britt is primarily a split end and Maclin is primarily a flanker, right? We would be signing each for different reasons so they shouldn't be lumped together. Britt would be depth or a replacement for Rice, while Maclin would be depth or a replacement for Tate. I don't see Tate going anywhere so I don't see the point of Maclin. Britt is a bit shorter than Rice but a lot bulkier and they ran about the same in the combine. I wouldn't mind bringing Britt in on a cheap deal for depth but he has a history with injuries too.