Rams Draft

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Re: Rams Draft
Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:18 pm
  • Rambitious wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    Rambitious wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:Just keep Bradford behind center.

Unfortunately for you, they plan on it. ;)

Good one, bro.

We'll see...... ;)

Hope springs eternal in St. Louis it seems.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:50 pm
  • Rambitious wrote:We'll see...... ;)

Show me what you see in his history and in his mechanics that makes you think he'll be a considerably improved QB in 2014.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:06 pm
  • Rambitious wrote:
    Lady Talon wrote:they'll probably take Clowney and invent the 4 DE defensive line. If Bradford disappoints again, they can have Legatron walk on his hands and use his leg to get the ball down field to Cook and Austin. Could be frightening.

IMHO Bradford will be fine.

The Rams (for a change) need to give him some support. They appear to be making some slow progress there.

Hard for a QB to have a good career when he has lead the league in sacks and hits and his WR's lead the league in drops. Bradford can't block for his line and catch for his WR's too.

We said the same thing when we were in denial that Hasselbeck didn't fall off like Big Mac toppings, difference is Bradford wasn't even on to fall off, dude sucks.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:19 pm
  • There is no sense discussing B right now. There is nothing and I mean NOTHING left to say that a Rams' fan on this side or the other has not said. He needs to put up and show us his play, or not. End.

Sad, but this article is accurate and Shotty is just as much to blame.

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2014/4/28/ ... -nfl-draft

"All Mike Tanier at Sports on Earth wanted to do was to explore the question of whether or not the Rams should draft a quarterback next week. To do that, he started by taking a closer look at Sam Bradford. And that forced a longer look at Brian Schottenheimer's offense. What he found was ugly and mostly hopeless."
    Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.

"They call it Sack City because you'd rather live in a SACK."
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:27 pm
  • :snack:
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:59 pm
  • Bradford is trash
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:00 pm
  • :13:
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:17 am
  • RedAlice wrote:There is no sense discussing B right now. There is nothing and I mean NOTHING left to say that a Rams' fan on this side or the other has not said. He needs to put up and show us his play, or not. End.

Sad, but this article is accurate and Shotty is just as much to blame.

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2014/4/28/ ... -nfl-draft

"All Mike Tanier at Sports on Earth wanted to do was to explore the question of whether or not the Rams should draft a quarterback next week. To do that, he started by taking a closer look at Sam Bradford. And that forced a longer look at Brian Schottenheimer's offense. What he found was ugly and mostly hopeless."

I thought it was a good article.
    To me, nothing spells doom for the Rams more than the clear fact that inside the 10, Schottenheimer is allergic to the run.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:07 am
  • Good article Alice. Like you say this is a make or break year for Bradford anyway regardless of the playbook or whatever other factors. It would really help if he could remain healthy but he really hasn't not even at Oklahoma.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:53 am
  • DavidSeven wrote:It still amazes me that Washington ended up with the second worst record in the NFL despite having almost nothing to gain by tanking. What a franchise.

The cheapskate owner went cheap with the turf and got his franchise qb hurt.
    SEAHAWKS SHOULD TRADE TERRELLE PRYOR TO RAMS
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/08/27/ ... -the-rams/
    Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:10 am
  • Rambitious wrote:

Ah.

Alexsmithitis.

I know it well. Poor guy. :D
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:14 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:Ah.

Alexsmithitis.

Too bad all you guys still suffer from SeahawksDBsCheatitis, too. :lol:
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:01 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:Ah.

Alexsmithitis.

Too bad all you guys still suffer from SeahawksDBsCheatitis, too. :lol:

Hey now, not ALL of us. :)

I think they are a bit handsy with WRs, but hell...if the refs don't call it then I hope the Niners do it too. :D
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:06 pm
  • If I could have one wish come true for Christmas, it'd be that every NFL fan carefully read the NFL rule book. Most fans don't know that DBs can touch a WR while they are running their route all they want as long as they don't "significantly impede the progress" of that receiver. There are some surprising tidbits in there. Bottom line is our guys are aggressive, very well coached, and within the rules almost all of the time. Way more so than 31 other fan bases believe them to be.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:11 pm
  • Also when the pass is coming turn your head! You'll notice our DB's do just that.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:23 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:If I could have one wish come true for Christmas, it'd be that every NFL fan carefully read the NFL rule book. Most fans don't know that DBs can touch a WR while they are running their route all they want as long as they don't "significantly impede the progress" of that receiver. There are some surprising tidbits in there. Bottom line is our guys are aggressive, very well coached, and within the rules almost all of the time. Way more so than 31 other fan bases believe them to be.

Well...I'm not referring to just having their hands on them...

...but point well taken. Lets be real though. They get away with more than the letter of the rulebook just as O-Linemen get away with Holds and Justin Smith gets away with grabbing a guy on a stunt.

Actually...that Justin thing is a good example....all teams are taught to do it...he's just REALLY good at it.

That's why I'm sayin....I'm not complaining about the contact. I'm sayin' if the refs are going to call it that way, lets take advantage of that and do the same. Lets draft Jean-Baptiste and McGill or players like that and man up on every down. Works for me. :)
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:30 pm
  • Every O-line in the league gets away with more stuff (holding) outside the rules than the Legion of Boom does, when it comes to what's allowed and what's not. That doesn't mean they never go past the rules. Of course they do. Show me a player that has played a few seasons that has never drawn a flag. It's the "they get away with murder" whining from fans of approximately 31 other teams that annoys me, because our guys do not, in fact, get away with murder. :)

Here's one of the more relevant parts of the rule book regarding this topic. Look at 2a in particular. "Contact by a player who is not playing the ball that restricts the opponent's opportunity to make the catch." Think about what that means. So even if you AREN'T "playing the ball", a.k.a. trying to break it up or intercept it, you can contact the receiver in myriad ways as long as it doesn't restrict his opportunity to make the catch. If you ARE playing the ball, a.k.a. you turn your head and look and the ball turns out to be even remotely in the vicinity of "catchable", the rules are relaxed considerably.

RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:34 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Every O-line in the league gets away with more stuff (holding) outside the rules than the Legion of Boom does, when it comes to what's allowed and what's not. That doesn't mean they never go past the rules. Of course they do. Show me a player that has played a few seasons that has never drawn a flag. It's the "they get away with murder" whining from fans of approximately 31 other teams that annoys me, because our guys do not, in fact, get away with murder. :)

Here's one of the more relevant parts of the rule book regarding this topic. Look at 2a in particular. "Contact by a player who is not playing the ball that restricts the opponent's opportunity to make the catch." Think about what that means. So even if you AREN'T "playing the ball", a.k.a. trying to break it up or intercept it, you can contact the receiver in myriad ways as long as it doesn't restrict his opportunity to make the catch. If you ARE playing the ball, a.k.a. you turn your head and look and the ball turns out to be even remotely in the vicinity of "catchable", the rules are relaxed considerably.

lol.

oi.

I'm not trying to argue with you. :D Just sayin I'd prefer out DBs played like yours. Its a compliment.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:35 pm
  • Somebody should point out article four to any ref calling a Bronco or Packer game.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:18 pm
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:44 pm
  • Who remembers the Rams fans that were here last year riding Jared Cook's ballsack.

The Rams should seriously trade down and grab Bridgewater. Teddy Bridgewater is gonna fall due to his bad pro-day. But honestly, I could easily see him being the best QB in this class.
    JZ#1
    NET Rookie

Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:02 pm
  • JZ#1 wrote:Who remembers the Rams fans that were here last year riding Jared Cook's ballsack.

I remember that. Many rip Cook because of his contract but he quietly put together a good season for the Rams last season. Cook broke the Rams single-season tight end yardage record with 51 receptions for 671 yards and that was with Clemons throwing to him for over half the season. He could have definitely performed better, but was still pretty good overall.
    dcbshowstopper
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:07 pm
  • JZ#1 wrote:Who remembers the Rams fans that were here last year riding Jared Cook's ballsack.

The Rams should seriously trade down and grab Bridgewater. Teddy Bridgewater is gonna fall due to his bad pro-day. But honestly, I could easily see him being the best QB in this class.

I do. I remember him mouthing off that Cook was the most athletic TE in the league. I remember telling him Vernon Davis was.

I remember him saying he didn't remember Davis running 4.5 or having a 41 inch vertical. I remember responding that he was right...Vernon ran 4.38 and had a 42 inch vertical.

Then I don't remember him having a response.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:33 pm
  • The fastest show on turf guy? He was total clown shoes.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:35 am
  • That was RamzFan. I am sure after the draft him or his other bed buddies will be back here and on all other boards in force.

Waiting.

RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:13 am
  • while the Rams draft is kind of fun to watch because of those first two picks, the Niners have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. And not many places to put those guys, let alone all the later round picks they have.

Trent Baalke might not have my drafting respect for his talent evaluation, but he has it for turning Alex Smith into an annual pick bonanza that allows him to move around as he sees fit. In fact, I will not be surprised at all if the Niners get a CB and WR in the first round.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:28 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:while the Rams draft is kind of fun to watch because of those first two picks, the Niners have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. And not many places to put those guys, let alone all the later round picks they have.

Trent Baalke might not have my drafting respect for his talent evaluation, but he has it for turning Alex Smith into an annual pick bonanza that allows him to move around as he sees fit. In fact, I will not be surprised at all if the Niners get a CB and WR in the first round.

Ya know, I see a lot of people say that these days...the part about them not having enough roster spots for all those picks.

It is partially true, but not as true as it was in the past. They actually do have some holes to fill this year. WR (Crab is in his last year), probably 2 corners, a safety (Bethea is a stopgap), O-Line (Iupati in his last year), OLB (Aldon future in question), and several other needs.

I don't see them making 2 first round picks. I see them moving around, but they'll use several of those picks.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:48 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:I'm not psychic, I'm just making a prediction which may be wrong. I seriously am wondering how many more years half of the Rams fan base plans to give Bradford a pass for, though. He's starting his fifth freaking year in the NFL, and he's still giving the world gems such as this:

This was the play his OC had drawn up in that video:
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:17 pm
  • I know it's all smoke and lies....but I found some momentary pleasure in the mocks w Manziel to Rams.

I'm over the debating. May 8 cannot come soon enough.

RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:47 pm
  • Rambitious wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    Rambitious wrote:

Good one, bro.

We'll see...... ;)

Said every Rams fan since Marc Bulger retired
    JZ#1
    NET Rookie

Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:54 pm
  • SalishHawkFan wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:I'm not psychic, I'm just making a prediction which may be wrong. I seriously am wondering how many more years half of the Rams fan base plans to give Bradford a pass for, though. He's starting his fifth freaking year in the NFL, and he's still giving the world gems such as this:

This was the play his OC had drawn up in that video:

Well, it looks like 11 is his deep route. No worries, he will go with 13 instead.

Any pick other than a qb will do the Rams no good. Bradford has been, and will continue to be their downfall. They can do whatever they want with the rest of the team and it will not matter until they wake up and realize he is not a good qb. Going into his fifth year he has yet to figure out that not every pass should be thrown with zero arch on it. The guy is just stupid.
    OrFan
    NET Veteran

Thu May 01, 2014 9:15 am
  • As a Rams fan, I sit here a week away from the draft, and I have ZERO clue what they are going to do. The Rams have glaring holes at WR, O-Line, and secondary. One good thing is that this draft is deep at these positions. I do not repeat DO NOT want Clowney. I don't think he is a high motor guy at all and the one position where the Rams are deep is at D-End. It really depends on what Houston does, here is how I would love to see it playing out:

- I really think the Texans draft Bortels #1 as they hired his O-Coordinator in college to be the Texans QB coach.
    - Rams trade #2 to Atlanta for the #6 pick and a 2nd round pick and 4th round pick
    - Rams draft Jake Matthews at #6
    - Rams draft either Dennard, Gilbert, or Clinton-Dix at #13

Good start for the draft in my opinion
    candyman4881
    NET Practice Squad

Thu May 01, 2014 9:37 am
  • More top 10 picks for the Rams has to pay off sooner or later...

/looks at their coaches and QB

Or not
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

Thu May 01, 2014 12:53 pm
  • lol rams
    lucky49
    NET Practice Squad

Sun May 04, 2014 4:13 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Image

This is a thing of beauty. You just want to watch it over and over...smash....smash....smash....smash.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain.

"Beast Mode is artist, puny Saints Defense merely his canvas!"

"When you die the only kingdom you'll see, will be two foot wide and six foot deep!"
    HawksSoc
    NET Veteran

Sun May 04, 2014 11:19 pm
  • Hawk Strap wrote:More top 10 picks for the Rams has to pay off sooner or later...

/looks at their coaches and QB

Or not

It's like watching the 49ers before Hurlbaugh. A total trainwreck for reasons that can't be explained.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Mon May 05, 2014 9:19 am
  • Johnny Football to Rams???

Tim McKernan @tmckernan
    Follow
    La Canfora: There are people in the league who believe the Rams have had conversations with the Vikings about trading Sam Bradford.
    Ziggyy108
    NET Starter

Mon May 05, 2014 9:31 am
  • Ziggyy108 wrote:Johnny Football to Rams???

Tim McKernan @tmckernan
    Follow
    La Canfora: There are people in the league who believe the Rams have had conversations with the Vikings about trading Sam Bradford.

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Keep him in St. Louis!!! :D
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Mon May 05, 2014 9:37 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Ziggyy108 wrote:Johnny Football to Rams???

Tim McKernan @tmckernan
    Follow

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Keep him in St. Louis!!! :D

:13:
    :lol: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:
    Cats will rule the world...just ask my cat.
    Gollum had a ring...Bilbo took it...Frodo had it...Gollum got it back.
    Gollum never had OUR ring.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Tue May 06, 2014 6:19 am
  • We need Bradford in STL. He is one of the single most effective weapons we have against STL. Ahmad Brooks is probably freaking out right now. "No.. NO..not another one".
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Thu May 08, 2014 6:08 pm
  • Are these Seahawk fan people on twitter?

@DavisHsuSeattle: Rams got the best OL in the Draft and the best interior DL in the Draft

@BrockESPN: If the Hawks had the Rams picks I think they would've selected the same two line of scrimmage freaks. NFC West is NFL Best #BlackAndBlue

@Cablinasian: I just realized that STL could pick Aaron Donald. Uh-oh.

@Cablinasian: :!: St. Louis

@DarrellBratz: @Cablinasian now I'm worried

RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Thu May 08, 2014 6:10 pm
  • loafoftatupu wrote:We need Bradford in STL. He is one of the single most effective weapons we have against STL. Ahmad Brooks is probably freaking out right now. "No.. NO..not another one".

You get your wish. It was made LOUD and CLEAR in St. Louis last night at the season ticket holder pre-draft event thingy. B was brought up on stage, vids of him. He is the guy. Here we go 2014.

I will have to hope he figures it out and does something this year. No other option.

RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Thu May 08, 2014 6:29 pm
  • Sorry Alice but I am loving the Rams draft. I only wish the 49ers would be as incompetent.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Thu May 08, 2014 6:31 pm
  • MizzouHawkGal wrote:Sorry Alice but I am loving the Rams draft. I only wish the 49ers would be as incompetent.
    N

I am very happy with it. Well, since they are determined to keep B, it's the best outside of changing QBs.

I can't really impose my will on them, but if that is their goal - I like what they did.

I did really want Watkins at #2. But, since we are stuck w B, better to get a blocker for Stacey.

RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Thu May 08, 2014 6:40 pm
  • Of course, I'd love to see them trade back up to the first round for one of those QBs just sitting there.

They tried to trade w Baltimore for Martin, right after pick 13.

RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Thu May 08, 2014 7:55 pm
  • RedAlice wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:We need Bradford in STL. He is one of the single most effective weapons we have against STL. Ahmad Brooks is probably freaking out right now. "No.. NO..not another one".

You get your wish. It was made LOUD and CLEAR in St. Louis last night at the season ticket holder pre-draft event thingy. B was brought up on stage, vids of him. He is the guy. Here we go 2014.

I will have to hope he figures it out and does something this year. No other option.

Fart
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

Thu May 08, 2014 8:30 pm
  • Hawk Strap wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:We need Bradford in STL. He is one of the single most effective weapons we have against STL. Ahmad Brooks is probably freaking out right now. "No.. NO..not another one".

Fart

Now. There must've been days, if you are a true Hawk fan when you did not like how your team was, but you still loved them. No?

Or have you forgotten that now that you are a good solid winning team? You becoming like the Niners?

RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Thu May 08, 2014 9:17 pm
  • rams fans have to pop in a VHS to remember what it was like to be good.
    Seaswab
    NET Veteran

Thu May 08, 2014 9:39 pm
  • Seaswab wrote:rams fans have to pop in a VHS to remember what it was like to be good.

It is very true that the Rams have not been good in forever. No Rams fan can deny that.

Does that mean we still don't love our team? well, of course not, we are true fans.

And this Rams fan admires the Hawks for what they are doing NOW. But, does that mean you have forgotten loving a team that was not winning and so now you make fun of us for that?

Really? If so, as I said...you are becoming like Niner fans.

RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Thu May 08, 2014 9:49 pm
  • MizzouHawkGal wrote:Sorry Alice but I am loving the Rams draft. I only wish the 49ers would be as incompetent.

Rams not taking a QB = good draft for the Seahawks. Lol.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

PreviousNext

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:27 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information