Rams Draft

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Re: Rams Draft
Thu May 08, 2014 9:58 pm
  • RedAlice wrote:
    Hawk Strap wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:We need Bradford in STL. He is one of the single most effective weapons we have against STL. Ahmad Brooks is probably freaking out right now. "No.. NO..not another one".

You get your wish. It was made LOUD and CLEAR in St. Louis last night at the season ticket holder pre-draft event thingy. B was brought up on stage, vids of him. He is the guy. Here we go 2014.

I will have to hope he figures it out and does something this year. No other option.

Fart

Now. There must've been days, if you are a true Hawk fan when you did not like how your team was, but you still loved them. No?
    Or have you forgotten that now that you are a good solid winning team? You becoming like the Niners?

Alice, that's a bit over the top now. I just said I love your draft....
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Thu May 08, 2014 10:02 pm
  • I can feel for the real Ram fans, but I still like to laugh at them because of their coach and some of the fans that come on here puffing out their chest and asking who can cover their receivers?! I still laugh out loud at that one.

They are like a boat that has been under restoration forever. They got pretty new oars, nice seats, a new finish, just about everything needed. The only problem is they forgot all about the huge Bradford hole in the bottom.
    OrFan
    NET Veteran

Thu May 08, 2014 10:02 pm
  • MizzouHawkGal wrote:Alice, that's a bit over the top now. I just said I love your draft....

Yeah, but you were being facetious and insulting, haha. (Which I approve of, but come on; don't pretend otherwise.)
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Thu May 08, 2014 10:15 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    MizzouHawkGal wrote:Alice, that's a bit over the top now. I just said I love your draft....

Yeah, but you were being facetious and insulting, haha. (Which I approve of, but come on; don't pretend otherwise.)

I'm a Seahawk fan on a Seahawk board. It's required that I be facetious and insulting to Ram fans. Especially if I do it nicely.:)
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Thu May 08, 2014 10:26 pm
  • Again, I agree; but 'fess up to it! :lol:

Man, I can't wait for rounds two and three tomorrow.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Thu May 08, 2014 10:27 pm
  • Rams had a good first round but they MUST get a QB of the future. I would of taken Bortles @ 2 or at least traded up for Bridgewater.

The Rams are seriously a QB and a big bodied receiver away from being legit. And there defense alone might win them some games this year. However, without a good QB and another good WR, they won't be any better than average.

Its not too late though. They could still land Carr or another QB with pretty decent potential. If I was a Rams fans, expect to lose a lot of games while holding the opponent to less than 20 points.

The Rams are the new Jets.
    JZ#1
    NET Rookie

Thu May 08, 2014 10:30 pm
  • I think the Rams got a great player in Donald, but at some point, you have to wonder about the law of diminishing returns. Their D-Line in nickel situations was already one of the best in the NFL. That line really couldn't play any better against our OL than they have over the past two seasons. So maybe Donald gets a sack on Russell where Quinn or Long would've gotten one instead. I'd be more concerned if they got a legitimate QB or a playmaker at basically any other position on D or O.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Thu May 08, 2014 10:47 pm
  • It's like us drafting a CB or FS/SS with a 1st round pick. That defense was already legit but they have nothing on offense and Bradford. It's just silly.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Thu May 08, 2014 10:49 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Again, I agree; but 'fess up to it! :lol:

Man, I can't wait for rounds two and three tomorrow.

I did already didn't I?!?
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Thu May 08, 2014 10:53 pm
  • MizzouHawkGal wrote:I did already didn't I?!?

I had to call you out to get that accomplished, which means it doesn't count. You'll have to make it up in some other way.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Thu May 08, 2014 11:01 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    MizzouHawkGal wrote:I did already didn't I?!?

I had to call you out to get that accomplished, which means it doesn't count. You'll have to make it up in some other way.

You better be patient then, young Padawan.;)
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Thu May 08, 2014 11:08 pm
  • Patience is for the birds; life is meant to be lived.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Thu May 08, 2014 11:15 pm
  • I met Rich Eisen and Roger Godell yesterday and will be attending Day 2 and 3 as well :)

Believe it or not there are more Dolphins and Browns fans than any other non-new york team.
    JZ#1
    NET Rookie

Thu May 08, 2014 11:40 pm
  • The Rams had a great first day. I did not want them to draft Donald.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Fri May 09, 2014 2:11 am
  • MizzouHawkGal wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:
    Hawk Strap wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:
    You get your wish. It was made LOUD and CLEAR in St. Louis last night at the season ticket holder pre-draft event thingy. B was brought up on stage, vids of him. He is the guy. Here we go 2014.

I will have to hope he figures it out and does something this year. No other option.

Fart

Now. There must've been days, if you are a true Hawk fan when you did not like how your team was, but you still loved them. No?
    Or have you forgotten that now that you are a good solid winning team? You becoming like the Niners?

Alice, that's a bit over the top now. I just said I love your draft....

Beautiful darling, I was answering Strap, not you. As to you loving our draft, well I already acknowledged we kept B. To the sadness of Rams fans everywhere Fisher has made this clear to us: eat your vegetables, you are not getting any dessert.
    Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Fri May 09, 2014 2:20 am
  • JZ#1 wrote:Rams had a good first round but they MUST get a QB of the future. I would of taken Bortles @ 2 or at least traded up for Bridgewater.

The Rams are seriously a QB and a big bodied receiver away from being legit. And there defense alone might win them some games this year. However, without a good QB and another good WR, they won't be any better than average.

Its not too late though. They could still land Carr or another QB with pretty decent potential. If I was a Rams fans, expect to lose a lot of games while holding the opponent to less than 20 points.

The Rams are the new Jets.

Agree with this. To be honest, I am still trying with all my endurance to process the pre-draft season ticket holders meeting where FIsher pretty much made out Bradford to be a rockstar, like Mick Jagger. i've seen Mick Jagger in concert recently - he's more nimble than Bradford even at his old age.

Based on this, today's draft was good. Now, I guess we will see if B is any good this year.

I expect Rams to take a QB w one of the next 3 picks, hopefully a good one. We do have Shaun Hill you know. He's better than Clemons. Yay.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Fri May 09, 2014 6:59 am
  • In any event, at least the Griffin bonanza is finally over. I was afraid they'd be able to package that #2 and get another first rounder next year.
    Jac
    NET Veteran

Fri May 09, 2014 7:02 am
  • The rams have enough talent to win the west.

A better oc would be a way to max that talent.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Fri May 09, 2014 8:34 am
  • Alice, it's nothing personal.

The Rams had a good draft.

You have two of the top 13 picks, it's easy to have a good draft.

What gives me gas, was last year after the draft (Rams with top picks, again) we had asshat Rams fans coming in here and asking how we were going to cover your receivers. Again, how was the best secondary in football going to cover your new draft picks. Fart.

Then after watching the way your team handled themselves in the game at Seattle, I have no shits to give.

Reach .500, get out of last place in the division.

Double farts
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

Fri May 09, 2014 2:42 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:The rams have enough talent to win the west.

I see where you are coming from, but I scoff at this. I think 52 players on a roster make up maybe half of a teams talent. Maybe a lot less than half, in extreme cases like say, the Denver Broncos.

Though Wilson may only throw 25 passes a game, he is probably responsible for almost half our wins.

I do not think Bradford is a WR or an OC away from being an asset. I am beyond relieved to see them foolishly pass on Manziel, twice.

That Rams defense is overachieving if anything, it has been so good with players who are mostly outperforming their draft projections. So impressive, and yet... it took a late season surge to hit 7-9. Again.

I buy into the idea of building a nest for the QB, but the Rams reached that point a couple years ago and have been spinning their wheels since.

Donald was a good pick, Robinson might turn out to be a good pick. But regardless, nothing the Rams did really moved the needle much. Barring a revelation over the next two days, the Rams will be the same old rams again in 2014. A pain in the ass, but not a contender.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Fri May 09, 2014 9:48 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:The rams have enough talent to win the west.

A better oc would be a way to max that talent.

I almost concur, if we weren't so damned strong right now. I honestly think the Rams will edge out Santa Clara for the second spot in the NFC West. Really, they could win about a half a dozen games right now 7-6, with the lone touchdown coming off a defensive fumble return.

They did well so far, and have a lot of firepower to work with from here. Kinda feels like their whole strategy is "Defense wins championships, so we're gonna build the defense into this juggernaut, and hope the offense doesn't get in their way."

Bradford may be a journeyman quarterback, but he's at least half decent, and if healthy, he can dink and dunk them to several games better than they were last year. And that's kinda scary.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Tue May 20, 2014 1:47 am
  • The Rams drafted exceptionally well which would be hard not to do in this draft with those picks. Robinson is perfect for their rushing game. Donald could elevate their pass rush to devastating.

They plugged holes and picked up decent talent throughout the draft.

The Bradford hate, even among Rams fans, is very odd. Last season he would have been one of the best rated QBs in the league if the Rams weren't plagued by drops while he was playing. Four of the 21 dropped passes in seven games were TDs. Even then, only Manning had more TDs at that point.

He may be a bust but that will be because of health.
    HawkzRulez
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue May 20, 2014 3:21 am
  • You have a total of 2 posts on a Hawk board and they are both about how good Bradford is. Are you sure your name shouldn't be RamsRulez?
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Tue May 20, 2014 5:31 am
  • RedAlice wrote:You have a total of 2 posts on a Hawk board and they are both about how good Bradford is. Are you sure your name shouldn't be RamsRulez?

Trolldar alert. Regulators are regulating.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue May 20, 2014 6:11 am
  • The made up stats were a dead giveaway.
    RIP Les. We will miss you.
    Happy
    * NET Lead Admin *

Tue May 20, 2014 6:19 am
  • AvengerRam was a big Bradford lover. Methinks he is back.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue May 20, 2014 9:42 am
  • El Bradford es basura.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Previous

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:15 pm