Jacksonville $51.9m
Indianapolis $40.1m
Washington $38m
Cleveland $35.3m
Minnesota $34.8m
Philadelphia $30.4m
NY Jets $27.6m
Green Bay $25.5m

I didn't realize this many teams had that much money available. It essentially removes any hope I had of keeping Bennett. Someone will offer him $9m+ for 3 or 4 years and we just can't commit to that much money.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Oakland finally got a GM who wasn't an idiot.

Jacksonville will probably have a 50M left once they sign all their FAs. I don't think they even care.

Woah, with all that cap room... Golden Tate to indy sounds like a fit.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Oakland doesn't suprise me, McKenzie has been working to clear up that cap mess for 2 years, i think he finally has some draft picks too this time around.

At least this new Davis gave McKenzie time to work things out and get the Raiders out from the mess they were in.

Jville

Reaction score
Oakland is intriguing. It's a new era down there. Hopefully they will become a more open and assessable organization.

A London Hawk

Reaction score
I've seen some different figures to those but the only one that was a surprise to me was the Jets, given how much cap trouble they were in last year.

Oakland having to get itself out of the hole Al Davis left it in is well known, as is Washington having to deal with the fines it got hit with. What they do with their money this year will be interesting.

Jacksonville, I believe, has been deliberately sitting on cap room while they rebuild.

kearly

Reaction score
Impressive turnaround by the Redskins considering the cap penalty the NFL handed them last year. It wasn't very long ago they were in a world of pain. Now they are at +38 mil. It's just a shame for them that their team sucks.

Cap room is great, but it only matters if the money is spent intelligently. Throwing $61 million at a couple of LBs and $13 million a year on Mike Wallace proved that having money does not necessarily translate to added wins.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
47degreesn":3sdbz46y said:
Of those teams... the one that makes me nervous is the Colts.

I'd love to see a Colts vs Seattle Super Bowl next year. If Indy can add another outside target for Luck and a few key players on defense they will become tops in the AFC. The Wiloson vs Luck debate would be a great story only to go down with Russ hoisting his 2nd Lombardi.

It would also be really nice to kick Pittsburg's butt in the Super Bowl get them back for XL, but I don't like them so much I can't really root for the to even make the playoffs.