Incognito/Martin case findings

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Dear Pete,

I know you have done well in the past taking guys who have had tough backrounds or falling out of favour. But please, keep Incognito away from our team.

Brahn

Reaction score
We just need a developmental league for players in the NFL who are some of the largest humans in the world but were bullied somehow in High school and are still unable to deal with things as an adult. You never see Martin ask in texts to stop, you just see him play along.

To me it is as if he was almost trying to build a case to quit football because he wasn't able to cut it and was looking for a pay day to save face.

He never requested a trade, never requested anything until after it all went down (as far as I know)

Taking offense to things people say and then going on to engage them in a similar manner only to cry foul later is idiotic.

------------------

With all that said, they seem to be more occupied with what shocking or insensitive things they could say to each other over working on film study or practicing their craft as an Oline unit. I would not want any of them, not because of the drama but because they obviously lack the drive to make themselves the best possible unit they could be.

mikehi301

Reaction score
How about a developement league for bullies , look at the text between pouncey and richie ... snitches get stiches tells you all you need to kno about someone seeking for help , america doesnt accept the guy being bullied only glorify the bullly . :les:

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I thought according to Incognito the truth would bury Martin and his camp. Doesn't seem that way. From the comments from player around the league in general they sided with Incognito saying that's part of the locker room. But they said there are certain lines you don't cross like Moms and wifes. Looks like those were crossed

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I don't buy it that the vulgar and racist nature of the way Coach Turner, Incognito, Pouncey, and Jerry treated Martin, the asian trainer, and Player A was unknown to both Philbin and Ireland. Maybe they didn't know all the details, but no way such public behavior hidden from them.

Coach Turner may be a piece of crap, but I think the guy is being made a bit of a scapegoat too.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
mikehi301":koj8yjdl said:
How about a developement league for bullies , look at the text between pouncey and richie ... snitches get stiches tells you all you need to kno about someone seeking for help , america doesnt accept the guy being bullied only glorify the bullly . :les:

Are you kidding? Did you miss the part where Martin was acting the same exact way? Dude threw his teammate under the bus over his own screwed up issues, he deserves to get hit,, maybe if his parents hit him more he wouldn't of grown up to be such a kitty.
Mind=blown people people are still painting incognito as some monster lol what a sad victimized society we live in. shocked people that push people for a living act like jerks? Lolllll. Please sign incognito, he'd be embraced here.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
Mr.Hawkbrah":buneauk7 said:
mikehi301":buneauk7 said:

Are you kidding? Did you miss the part where Martin was acting the same exact way? Dude threw his teammate under the bus over his own screwed up issues, he deserves to get hit,, maybe if his parents hit him more he wouldn't of grown up to be such a kitty.
Mind=blown people people are still painting incognito as some monster lol what a sad victimized society we live in. shocked people that push people for a living act like jerks? Lolllll. Please sign incognito, he'd be embraced here.

Not even in the slightest would he be accepted here, not with the racial slurs, and the type of enviroment that Carroll has built at the VMAC, maybe you should read up on it. Incognito is a complete non-seahawk.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Incognito gave up six sacks in eight games in 2013, as a guard. Horrible performance, why the hell would we want him?

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":kwfmqi75 said:
Incognito gave up six sacks in eight games in 2013, as a guard. Horrible performance, why the hell would we want him?

Cuz we needz oline helpzezzzzzzz o muh gurd!!!!!!!

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
Throwdown":3zuwh6ca said:
Mr.Hawkbrah":3zuwh6ca said:
mikehi301":3zuwh6ca said:

Not even in the slightest would he be accepted here, not with the racial slurs, and the type of enviroment that Carroll has built at the VMAC, maybe you should read up on it. Incognito is a complete non-seahawk.

This is nothing new, Martin needs to go enjoy tea parties with his mommy and leave the NFL for Good. Incognito isn't a racist, he's just not racially sensitive, given the fact that his black peers arnt offended I don't think any of us should worry about it. I'll take the rest of my comments to the Shack.

And yeah I don't seriously think he has to be a seahawk, but to compete or replace the ginger if he came cheap wouldn't be bad to consider is all I'm saying.

Phteven

Reaction score
Whether or not Incognito is a racist, he is a dirtbag and a bully, and that report makes it very, very clear that some of his teammates and coaches are also dirtbags and bullies. This is a textbook example of how the culture of a workplace can be completely broken, and the people involved become complicit in behavior that EVERYONE knows is wrong.

The question is, how pervasive is this culture? I get the impression that the locker room culture in Miami is not unique. I sincerely hope that the Hawks do not engage in behavior like this. There is such a thing as good natured banter and some degree of smack talk. I see a clear distinction between that and this.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Mr.Hawkbrah":3vhy61oi said:
Throwdown":3vhy61oi said:
Mr.Hawkbrah":3vhy61oi said:
mikehi301":3vhy61oi said:

This is nothing new, Martin needs to go enjoy tea parties with his mommy and leave the NFL for Good. Incognito isn't a racist, he's just not racially sensitive, given the fact that his black peers arnt offended I don't think any of us should worry about it. I'll take the rest of my comments to the Shack.

And yeah I don't seriously think he has to be a seahawk, but to compete or replace the ginger if he came cheap wouldn't be bad to consider is all I'm saying.
He isn't a racist? When he called the trainer asian slurs he was just being insensitive?

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
Yes, insensitive. I highly doubt he has any desire to do any harm to Asians, highly doubt he cares if his teammates are Asian black or blue, I'm basing that on the fact that his black teammates don't hate him, and usually white towards black hate is the first card that gets pulled in situations like these. But if you're more sensitive about this Than his black teammates you're entitled to that.

Phteven

Reaction score
Mr.Hawkbrah":28pjdh57 said:
Yes, insensitive. I highly doubt he has any desire to do any harm to Asians, highly doubt he cares if his teammates are Asian black or blue, I'm basing that on the fact that his black teammates don't hate him, and usually white towards black hate is the first card that gets pulled in situations like these. But if you're more sensitive about this Than his black teammates you're entitled to that.
Whether he's a racist or not has zero to do with whether other people are offended by his racism. Sensitivity to douchebaggery of any kind, whether it's racism, sexism or anything else, is completely irrelevant.

I thought this report was very interesting and well written. It is clearly acknowledged in the report that the locker room culture is more vulgar and coarse that would be allowed in an office environment. That's a given. And bearing in mind the locker room culture, incognito's behavior was over THAT line.

TXHawkFan

Reaction score
Mr.Hawkbrah":32hr32y1 said:
mikehi301":32hr32y1 said:

Incognito is a world class jerk and, at this point in his career, is a marginal NFL player. You can be one but not both in this league. He's done.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Mr.Hawkbrah":2l91v41p said:

Using racial slurs towards someone is a racist act. So if a guy "isn't a racist," but acts like one, doesn't that effectively make him racist?

If it's not an issue, why don't you start doing the same where you work? Let me know what people think of you afterwards and how it affects your workplace environment.

Being able to let it roll off is different than it being positive or even acceptable.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Incognito is such a fitting name for him. He sure plays like it and will soon be it given what the findings were.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":2doy4h4h said:
I thought according to Incognito the truth would bury Martin and his camp. Doesn't seem that way. From the comments from player around the league in general they sided with Incognito saying that's part of the locker room. But they said there are certain lines you don't cross like Moms and wifes. Looks like those were crossed
Clearly you haven't read the report.