Ridiculous price of SB tix

sc85sis

Reaction score
So I'm skimming through my DVR recording of the preface show in Fox and stop to watch a segment on the '58 championship game. They show a ticket from that game that was priced at $7.50. They also show a $2500 ticket from yesterday's game and say something about the cost of inflation.

That got me curious. I loaded the CPI inflation calculator site and checked what that $7.50 would be in 2013 dollars.

$60.46

That ticket from yesterday wasn't raised due to inflation.

kidhawk

Reaction score
sc85sis":wdyuc12b said:
So I'm skimming through my DVR recording of the preface show in Fox and stop to watch a segment on the '58 championship game. They show a ticket from that game that was priced at $7.50. They also show a $2500 ticket from yesterday's game and say something about the cost of inflation.

That got me curious. I loaded the CPI inflation calculator site and checked what that $7.50 would be in 2013 dollars.

$60.46

That ticket from yesterday wasn't raised due to inflation.

It's inflection...they said that's a whole lot of inflation....read the sarcasm and understand the hyperbole and you'll understand it wasn't a literal statement.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Rise in price for a luxury item due to the rise in popularity of the goods (in this case the NFL as a whole). Seems like straightforward economics to me.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3u1fcmhe said:
Rise in price for a luxury item due to the rise in popularity of the goods (in this case the NFL as a whole). Seems like straightforward economics to me.

Supply/Demand

253hawk

Reaction score
The average ticket for SB I was $12. That's just shy of $90 today.

I love football and the Hawks but I'll be damned if I'm ever paying for a ticket again. Gave up my season seats after XL when the prices went through the roof.