Darren Sharper arrested for rape.

Axx

Reaction score
I knew it, sean payton is a cheater

HawkWow

Reaction score
I am sure enjoying his absence from NFL net. Unsure of the actual line up strategy, but I already like Merriman more than Sharper. Shaper was one of those asshats that made himself bigger than the story and while just dandy that he was a smooth, charismatic lady's man, I failed to see how that translated to football commentator. His whole "look at me / pick magnet" persona was more a creepy distraction than humorous or admirable, IMO.

shiva1008

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":hj91icq1 said:
We all suspected he was a dumb ass.

CONFIRMED.

Hope he likes it rough.

Yeah I'm sure you would have wanted to see Brian Banks get thrown in jail too, before the facts came out. A lot of people may not understand this, but here in America we have this thing called innocent until proven guilty. It's one of the cornerstones of civilization.

HawkWow

Reaction score
shiva1008":3u50z6xc said:
SouthSoundHawk":3u50z6xc said:

CONFIRMED.

Hope he likes it rough.

Yeah I'm sure you would have wanted to see Brian Banks get thrown in jail too, before the facts came out. A lot of people may not understand this, but here in America we have this thing called innocent until proven guilty. It's one of the cornerstones of civilization.

Riveting commentary...but who here has found him guilty of the alleged charges? We have found him guilty of nothing more than being an egotistical dumbass, which is quite subjective, but harder to disprove than prove.

Just a reminder, it was our legal system, this "cornerstone of civilization" you reference, that erroneously found Brian Banks guilty. Just sayin'.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
shiva1008":23mnlh82 said:
SouthSoundHawk":23mnlh82 said:

CONFIRMED.

Hope he likes it rough.

It's NOT one of the 'cornerstones of civilization". It's the (supposed) basis of the American legal system (note, I did not say 'justice system'). The US is not the definition of civilization, and our legal system is not the basis of the legal systems of other countries. Ask Vetamur about things like the definition of 'civilization', it's anthropological and stuff.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
shiva1008":17enrjvx said:
SouthSoundHawk":17enrjvx said:

CONFIRMED.

Hope he likes it rough.

This is a joke right? haha.

...innocent until proven guilty...

That's some funny shit.

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
Yeah I'm sure you would have wanted to see Rae Carruth get thrown in jail too, before the facts came out. A lot of people may not understand this, but here in America we have this thing called innocent until proven guilty. It's one of the cornerstones of civilization.

Dude we live in America the media runs the show welcome to the show

minormillikin

Reaction score
This situation seems a bit fishy -- sort of like the Kobe Bryant "rape" from back when. Darren Sharper, an attractive dude, could wink at a woman and she would jump on his lap, even if he wasn't a former NFL player. Add in the fact that he's a former NFL player, commentator, and probably has a little bit of money... It makes me suspicious that someone's looking for an out-of-court settlement. He's a greater target as a "repeat offender."

Then again, I don't know the guy. Maybe he's an egotistical pervert, who thinks he can force his way onto women. I guess this wouldn't shock me either.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Studies show there is very little correlation between sex and rape. Rape is reported to be a power thing that provides some sort of ego boost to the perp.

I'm not convicting Sharper. Don't care for the guy, but with a serious charge of this magnitude, I would fight for his right to due process and a fair trial. But with 2 different (alleged) victims, from different parts of the country? It don't look good, still my hope is that justice prevails. He is fortunate that it seems the entire thing has been kept under the radar (for the most part).

Greenhell

Reaction score
HawkWow":uhfhaoyw said:
I wish Sapp would get popped for something.

Hell, even a big pop in his big fat mouth. Can't stand Sapp.