If you had to pick a new team, who would it be?

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
The reason I ask is my step-son is 13 and is really getting into NFL when we watch games together at the weekend.

I told him it's always more fun when you have a team to root for. He won't want to support the same team as me (his dad wouldn't approve) and he quite likes the bad boy image of the Raiders and the fact you can get quite a bit of their gear over here. I told him they were struggling, that they were generally awful and this seemed to change his mind.

I wish I hadn't put him off now as it means we could have hated the niners together. I might take him to the Raiders Dolphins game at Wembley and see if that helps him decide, I still have my little soft spot for the 'fins.

So anyway which colours should the lad nail to his mast and who would you support if you weren't a Hawk?

CaptBennett

Reaction score
If I wasn't a Seahawk fan, then I would probably be a Colts fan because the amount of respect their fans show and how awesome of a franchise they are.

kidhawk

Reaction score
If I had no previous allegiance and no particular reason to align with a team such as local or anything, I would look at the list of teams that have never won a super bowl and select from those. I think being a fan of a team win it wins it's first Super Bowl would be a little more special than becoming a fan of a team that wins it's next super bowl.

hawker84

Reaction score
I always find myself rooting for the giants when we're not in it, so maybe them. I was also a huge Raven fan last post season, despite of Lewis.

Guess maybe giants, loved them back in the day for sure.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Ravens or Saints, I think. I don't know, I can't even properly evaluate & contemplate this question, to be honest.

Axx

Reaction score
Green bay maybe
Dumb question though

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
Axx":qlj844nh said:
Green bay maybe
Dumb question though
Then why reply, and even more, why answer?
For me, it's the Chargers or Bills

ColtsGuy

Reaction score
I dont think most people just pick a team and run with it, I couldnt do that anyway, for me, they just need to be fun to watch. If I was not a colts fan, a team with a heavy passing O, and a smash mouth D like the niners or Hawks would get my attention I think.

drdiags

Reaction score
I would pull for the under dog teams, probably the ones in the AFC like the Bills, Browns and even the Bengals (who are getting better, though Dalton may hold them back). Texans had mad talent over the years but they couldn't get over the hump with Schaub. I would pull for them.

My sleeper squad was the Jaguars though. I like Bradley as a person and want to see him succeed.

The NFC is harder to pick but maybe the Lions.

razgriz737

Reaction score
If Jay Cutler wasn't their QB I might say the Bears. Tough question though. I really don't care or think that much about teams other than the Hawks.