Kaepernick Is Not A Thug... Far From It

hawker84

Reaction score
Everyone knows he does a lot for charity and all that, but he presents himself as a classless wannabe thug, and that's the way the rest of the world see's him. He's brought this on himself. Let me ask you a question.

what was the purpose of doing the Superman mock after his TD? Did Cam talk some smack going into that week? I thought it was completely uncalled for and just futher showed how much this dude needs to grow up. Score your td do your douchemove bicep kiss and get off the field, like you've been there before. That dude nees to realize and Cam, they haven't done anything yet in this league. At least Rogers has earned the right to do his douchbag move. Win something worthwhile then be a douche, how'd that be.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Dude.

I know what you are trying to do. I've been there myself. This just aint the place. They don't care. No interest here in liking Kap in any way, shape or form.

This can only go badly.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawker84":2y2i6lxd said:
Everyone knows he does a lot for charity and all that, but he presents himself as a classless wannabe thug, and that's the way the rest of the world see's him. He's brought this on himself. Let me ask you a question.

what was the purpose of doing the Superman mock after his TD? Did Cam talk some smack going into that weak? I thought it was completely uncalled for and just futher showed how much this dude needs to grow up. Score your td do your douchemove bicep kiss and get off the field, like you've been there before. That dude nees to realize and Cam, they haven't done anything yet in this league. At least Rogers has earned the right to do his douchbag move. Win something worthwhile then be a douche, how'd that be.

Actually it wasn't Cam, it was Mitchell the safety. In their first meeting Mitchell blitzed and sacked Kap. He then "Kaepernicked".

1505537_10202606074331616_2139128468_n.jpg

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":xlu8iz67 said:
I wonder how much he charged those kids for the shirts?

They had to trade a pair of new shoes for them. And not that Payless crap.

Weadoption

Reaction score
You might as well be asking Israel to take another look at how they feel about Germans.

hawker84

Reaction score
Marvin49":1wgjvqy9 said:
hawker84":1wgjvqy9 said:

what was the purpose of doing the Superman mock after his TD? Did Cam talk some smack going into that weak? I thought it was completely uncalled for and just futher showed how much this dude needs to grow up. Score your td do your douchemove bicep kiss and get off the field, like you've been there before. That dude nees to realize and Cam, they haven't done anything yet in this league. At least Rogers has earned the right to do his douchbag move. Win something worthwhile then be a douche, how'd that be.

Actually it wasn't Cam, it was Mitchell the safety. In their first meeting Mitchell blitzed and sacked Kap. He then "Kaepernicked".

I've said it once, i'll say it again. The QB is the face of the franchise, and needs to be held to a higher standard and act accordingly.. Let the recievers and db's act like idiots on field. So some dude blitzed and sacked him and mocked his move, so he felt the need to disrespect Cam? makes sense to me.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Never saw him as a thug. I see him as a mentally weak wannabe in the throes of an identity crisis.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawker84":1dw1lg1l said:
Marvin49":1dw1lg1l said:
hawker84":1dw1lg1l said:

I've said it once, i'll say it again. The QB is the face of the franchise, and needs to be held to a higher standard and act accordingly.. Let the recievers and db's act like idiots on field. So some dude blitzed and sacked him and mocked his move, so he felt the need to disrespect Cam? makes sense to me.

Was just answering the question.

Marvin49

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":1afdn58u said:
Not a thug? We know...

Kraep_beats_zps8ac0e5b6.png

lol.

No worries.

Kinda immune to this stuff now. It was funny, I was listening to Murph and Mac this morning (KNBR Bay Area Sports Radio) and they interviewed a guy who worked at a restraunt up there...can't remember the name.

Anyway, they asked why there is soooooooooooo much hatred in Seattle for everything SF. The guy actually said that part of it was because when you compare the QBs that Wilson was a "Modern Day Saint" and that Kaepernick was just a "15 year old punk".

LOL. I think thats pretty indicative of the thought process of most Seattle fans. Correct me if I'm wrong. If that's where the conversation starts, then there is really no place to go from there.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I'll be the first to admit that I really hate Kaepernick and Harbaugh. I'll also readily admit I actually have a lot of respect for the 49ers otherwise, other than their handling of the Aldon Smith incident, and other than some elements of their fanbase. That may change if the Niners win on Sunday, but for now, it's how I feel. I still 'hate' them more than other teams, but it's not the pure, unbridled, disgust that I have for other teams. It's a hatred fueled by respect and competition.

That said, I think Kaepernick comes off as smug, brash, and a bit immature. He's still a kid, obviously, and I don't agree that he's significantly more smug, brash, or immature than other athletes (including Richard Sherman), but as quarterbacks go, I would argue he's moreso than average. I've never heard anything to suggest that he's literally a bad person, or that he's actually a thug, or a criminal, or anything. Still, that's the image he seems to want to cultivate, and IMO on a quarterback it looks worse than it might on other players.

Without attempting to levy any judgments about Kaepernick's merits as a human being, I'm curious if you (Marvin49 or others) would disagree with that statement?

HoRneR

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":msy7kfg3 said:
Never saw him as a thug. I see him as a mentally weak wannabe in the throes of an identity crisis.

Being 3-0 on the road in the playoffs soon to be 4-0 seems mentally weak to me also!

TestMo1337

Reaction score
The most telling sign is how he handles himself in a loss. Look no different when he left the field early in back-to-back weeks in losses to the Seahawks and Colts.

He is the face of the franchise and if he wants to grow his brand, he needs to accept that. The number of QBs that aim to avoid the media and the requirements of meeting with them are extremely limited; only Culter comes to mind in addition.

I don't think he is a bad person other than he doesn't hold himself to a higher standard in the manner of other elite QBs like a Manning, Bree's and Brady.

Marvin49

Reaction score
jkitsune":13p9q28g said:
I'll be the first to admit that I really hate Kaepernick and Harbaugh. I'll also readily admit I actually have a lot of respect for the 49ers otherwise, other than their handling of the Aldon Smith incident, and other than some elements of their fanbase. That may change if the Niners win on Sunday, but for now, it's how I feel. I still 'hate' them more than other teams, but it's not the pure, unbridled, disgust that I have for other teams. It's a hatred fueled by respect and competition.

That said, I think Kaepernick comes off as smug, brash, and a bit immature. He's still a kid, obviously, and I don't agree that he's significantly more smug, brash, or immature than other athletes (including Richard Sherman), but as quarterbacks go, I would argue he's moreso than average. I've never heard anything to suggest that he's literally a bad person, or that he's actually a thug, or a criminal, or anything. Still, that's the image he seems to want to cultivate, and IMO on a quarterback it looks worse than it might on other players.

Without attempting to levy any judgments about Kaepernick's merits as a human being, I'm curious if you (Marvin49 or others) would disagree with that statement?

I'd put it this way...

...there are times he does stuff I wish he didn't. I'm not a huge fan of Kaepernicking, but I also understand the context in which he does it (it started because he was kissing the TATTOO after the article came out criticising them). I also understand WHY he is short with the media and it has alot to do with his past.

I could do without the Beats by Dre commercial, the clown outfit he wore to the ESPYs, etc.

When it really matters tho, he's all substance. He works his a$$ off. His team respects him because he's the first guy in the building and the last one out.

The guy gets criticised publically for having tattoos and for not wanting to meet his birth mother. He is compared to an inmate at San Quentin because of the tattoos. He doesn't want to meet his birth mother because he sees his adoptive mother as HIS mother and doesn't want to hurt her...and then his birth mother takes money to go on TV and give an interview.

Seriously, wouldn't you have a negative view of the media after that?

Russell Wilson handles the media far better than Kap does. Of that there is no question. I just think people make WAY, WAY to big a deal of the stuff Kap does simply because people will read it and judge.

He has gotten better with the media, but he is just very uncomfortable in that setting.

One thing I really like about him tho...he will never, ever put the blame on someone else. Ever. His quote is ALWAYS "I wasn't good enough". He takes it personally. I remember a quote from one of the defensive players after the Seattle loss last year. Kap was EXTEREMELY down on himself after the loss and apologized for letting them down. The defender had to tell him that it was a TEAM loss, not a Kap loss.

That is one of the reasons he is not great after losses. He takes it personally and blames himself. I wish he would let it go a bit, but i can't fault a guy for that. He also ALWAYS credits his teammates after a win.