Punter Chris Kluwe blast former team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
It was an interesting read, and if his special teams coach said some of that stuff in team meetings, his teammates will be able to verify it.

It is worth noting that the Vikings saved at least a minimum of 350,000 per year by going with a rookie over the 8 year vet Kluwe. Considering he was a middle of the pack punter, the money alone could be the reason Kluwe has not found another job.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3eman5cw said:
It was an interesting read, and if his special teams coach said some of that stuff in team meetings, his teammates will be able to verify it.

It is worth noting that the Vikings saved at least a minimum of 350,000 per year by going with a rookie over the 8 year vet Kluwe. Considering he was a middle of the pack punter, the money alone could be the reason Kluwe has not found another job.

He did address that though. He and stated that his salary was most likely one reason why but the other was a factor of the vikings.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Fudwamper":38jk30hp said:
Scottemojo":38jk30hp said:

He did address that though. He and stated that his salary was most likely one reason why but the other was a factor of the vikings.
I am aware he addressed it.
I'm saying his activism and his release could be completely unrelated, there were ample reasons without his political views.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
I guess the point I am making is there was one valid reason, just one. His salary. I thought it was a really well built article to support his view and leave it up to those that wish to fact check.

So I guess he just swayed me with his arguments. That most valid reasons to let him go were a product of the vikings and not his ability.

But let us not overlook his main point.

"If there's one thing I hope to achieve from sharing this story, it's to make sure that Mike Priefer never holds a coaching position again in the NFL, and ideally never coaches at any level. "

Hawkspur

Reaction score
He also stated that his motivation for writing the article was to 'out' Priefer as a bigot and to try to make it difficult for him to be a viable coaching option in the future. If the quotes Kluwe attributes to him are true, and he is supposedly being considered for a massive promotion, then I have no problem with what Kluwe has done. There is no place for that kind of attitude and language in the workplace, especially when it's coming from a person in a position of power.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sucks to be him, but man, with the kind of money the NFL gets you on the line, I'd keep my mouth shut about anything controversial until my career was over, if I were him.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":21978onf said:
Sucks to be him, but man, with the kind of money the NFL gets you on the line, I'd keep my mouth shut about anything controversial until my career was over, if I were him.

He certainly took a big risk in what is not renowned for being the most progressive of workplaces. However noble his intentions, in a business as competitive as this with such high rewards, it certainly seems naive not to tow the party line.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
He's an idiot and got what he deserved. He is a coward who hides behind a pen or keyboard when insulting others. Karma is a bitch and it smacked him straight in the face..

Fudwamper

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":28g6yyum said:
He's an idiot and got what he deserved. He is a coward who hides behind a pen or keyboard when insulting others. Karma is a bitch and it smacked him straight in the face..

:roll: :34853_doh:

KK84

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":exoeyroh said:
He's an idiot and got what he deserved. He is a coward who hides behind a pen or keyboard when insulting others.

I don't even………is this real?

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
KK84":heo9hanf said:
seahawk12thman":heo9hanf said:
He's an idiot and got what he deserved. He is a coward who hides behind a pen or keyboard when insulting others.

Last time I checked players get chastised and criticized for even suggesting marriage is between a man and a woman much less parading their support for a defense of marriage act. Let me know when you find such a player who was as open about it as Kluwe? He preached his new found religion called gay marriage and got the boot.. Not sure why you have a hard time comprehending that.

KK84

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":3dcvsx0e said:
KK84":3dcvsx0e said:
seahawk12thman":3dcvsx0e said:

Last time I checked players get chastised and criticized for even suggesting marriage is between a man and a woman much less parading their support for a defense of marriage act. Let me know when you find such a player who was as open about it as Kluwe. He preached his new found religion called gay marriage and got the boot.. Not sure why you have a hard time comprehending that.

If you don't see the irony in the part of your post that I quoted, then you need help my friend.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
KK84":gjski05n said:
seahawk12thman":gjski05n said:
KK84":gjski05n said:
seahawk12thman":gjski05n said:

Last time I checked players get chastised and criticized for even suggesting marriage is between a man and a woman much less parading their support for a defense of marriage act. Let me know when you find such a player who was as open about it as Kluwe. He preached his new found religion called gay marriage and got the boot.. Not sure why you have a hard time comprehending that.

If you don't see the irony in the part of your post that I quoted, then you need help my friend.

Says the man who wants to see another man go to hell, judgmental and hypocritical much? He insults other people behind a computer, then expect it in return. There is your irony. Perhaps you can address the issue and bring content to the discussion other than insults, otherwise you lose the argument??

-The Glove-

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":1wvd5lht said:
-The Glove-":1wvd5lht said:
Who told who to go to hell? Am I missing something?

Look at kk84's avatar.

Um...David Stern? I don't see how that has anything to do with this thread :?

Status
Not open for further replies.