smokin jay gets 7 year long contract

Axx

Reaction score
tumblr_maczzgtsmq1rge9rdo1_500.img_assist_custom-480x332.jpg

1528694_757580307604308_510298140_n.jpg

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
I'm interested to see how much money there is in this deal, particularly the guaranteed money. Could have an impact on what the Hawks-Wilson extension will look like.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Early reports suggest 18m/yr for the front half of the deal. I think Cutler is way overrated and is fairly injury prone.

OP
OP
Axx

Axx

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":2j92e344 said:
Early reports suggest 18m/yr for the front half of the deal. I think Cutler is way overrated and is fairly injury prone.

Just like Percy

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Axx":jjvtlpgz said:
EverydayImRusselin":jjvtlpgz said:

Just like Percy

Fair enough I suppose. The last 4 years Cutler has missed 5, 1, 6, 1 games. Aside from that, I still don't think Cutler is all that special as a QB. his career numbers with the bears average per season.

60.16% completion, 2,982 yds, 7.19 YPA, 20 TD 15 INT

Is that worth 18m/yr?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The Flacco deal and now the Cutler deal are going to screw up other teams that have actual good, young QBs that will be extended soon. Like ours.

I can't believe those mediocre QBs got these deals. Cutler wasn't even the best QB on his team this year!

rideaducati

Reaction score
I hope someday that a QB realizes that since these QBs have started to get paid HUGE money, none of the HUGE money QBs have won a superb owl. Heck, three of the QBs that got paid HUGE money before this season didn't even make the playoffs.

Weadoption

Reaction score
I figure both Kap and RW are looking to cash in for at least the equivalent of what Tony Romo is making: 6yr - 108 million.
If RW brings home the trophy he's looking at Aaron Rodgers money, but thats a pretty good problem to have if you ask me.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Weadoption":2wvjfhsk said:
I figure both Kap and RW are looking to cash in for at least the equivalent of what Tony Romo is making: 6yr - 108 million.
If RW brings home the trophy he's looking at Aaron Rodgers money, but thats a pretty good problem to have if you ask me.
If Wilson brings home a championship, I couldnt care less how much he makes

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Shows you just how hard it is to find even an above average NFL QB. No one would put Cutler in that elite class, but there are just so few guys that can play NFL QB at a high level that even the sub elite QBs just make a crap ton of money.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I'd take Cutler over Romo any day of the week, and I'm not a huge Cutler fan. It should also be remembered that the Chicago Bears have a long and storied history of horrendous QBs. Plenty of people in Chicago believe he's the best QB the franchise has ever had, which just speaks volumes about how few guys can play that position really well.

getnasty

Reaction score
At least Romo and Stafford put up numbers, Cutler hasn't done that since he Denver. When backup QB's come in and the team plays just as good if not better, the starter(Romo,Stafford,Bradford,Cutler) is overrated.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
After finding out the guaranteed money is more then Flacco and a million less then Romo? Stupid is as stupid does. And 7 years? Hilarious.

rsm650

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2i1e8sni said:
Cutler wasn't even the best QB on his team this year!

Are you talking about Josh McCown? Personally I think he is worse than Cutler even though it seems like McCown is good. I mean just take a look at the teams that McCown has played well against...Washington, Green Bay, Minnesota, Dallas...bottom of the barrel defenses right there, but they didn't win all those games (granted the Bears defense is pretty bad, but a good QB would've won that shootout). I think he is a capable backup, but not someone I want to bank on for winning a championship. Reminds me of Flynn against the Lions :p

drdiags

Reaction score
Saw this on Jay's contract

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 3h
Jay Cutler will take home $22.5M in 2014, he will earn $38M over the 1st 2 yrs of this deal and as we know, $54M b/n 2014-2016. Big coin

3 yr deal with the final 4 years being options years (probably to spread out the bonus money)

drdiags

Reaction score
This tweet was puzzling, if I understand what he is saying, he thinks Wilson will be getting close to $30M/yr. That would blow my mind.

Blake Baratz ‏@blakebaratz 4h
On the open market its not crazy that Cutler would have received $25Mil a year or more and a year from March Russell Wilson may hit $30M/Yr

Here is his reasoning, so not sure I agree with his thinking

Jeremy Pugh ‏@21Swagger 4h
@blakebaratz RW will get paid but he's not touching $30M per

Blake Baratz

@21Swagger if P. Harvin makes $5M more a yr then the next best slot WR then why is it far fetched that 2yrs from now R Wilson does the same?

Jeremy Pugh ‏@21Swagger 4h
@blakebaratz 1)cap expected to be relatively flat in 2015 2)RW not going to be highest paid QB 3)harvin paid as offensive weapon, not slot