Nobody likes the Forty Whiners...

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Nobody likes the Forty Whiners...
Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:19 pm
  • http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_248 ... r-fan-vote

49ers players not popular in fan vote
    By Cam Inman

SANTA CLARA -- The 49ers weren't a hot pick when it came to fan voting for the Pro Bowl.

NaVorro Bowman and Patrick Willis placed fourth and fifth in the final results of fan voting. That accounts for only a third of the balloting, as players' and coaches' votes also will weigh into Friday's Pro Bowl announcements at 6 p.m.

Bowman (235,392 votes) and Willis (183,975) finished behind the Buffalo Bills' (and Los Gatos High product) Kiko Alonso (381,299), the Carolina Panthers' Luke Kuechley (249,505) and the Dallas Cowboys' Sean Lee (236,245).

Neither quarterback Colin Kaepernick nor wide receiver Anquan Boldin finished in the top 10 in fan voting, and the same went for the 49ers' cornerbacks and outside linebackers. Aldon Smith wasn't on the online ballot, replaced instead by Dan Skuta opposite Ahmad Brooks.
    And to all the haters who tried to kick when I was down ... Can't express how much fuel u added to my fire.

-Percy Harvin
    CortezKennedyfan
    NET Rookie

Re: Nobody likes the Forty Whiners...
Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:58 pm
  • The title appears to be a trolling exercise.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:06 pm
  • With 8 Pro Bowlers, it would appear you are incorrect.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:15 pm

Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:23 pm
  • LOL
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:45 pm
  • They won't be playing in the SB, so they're filling in for Seahawks players.

I get it.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:30 pm
  • Scott McCloughan really did a great job there in Ninerland when he was there. Glad he is part of the Seahawks now. Baalke seems to be shooting a whole lota blanks. The only success Baalke has seen is tied to McCloughan. That seems pretty obvious now doesn't it.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:04 pm
  • RichNhansom wrote:Scott McCloughan really did a great job there in Ninerland when he was there. Glad he is part of the Seahawks now. Baalke seems to be shooting a whole lota blanks. The only success Baalke has seen is tied to McCloughan. That seems pretty obvious now doesn't it.

I think Aldon and Reid were pretty good picks. :mrgreen:
    Giedi
    NET Starter

Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:17 pm
  • Giedi wrote:
    RichNhansom wrote:Scott McCloughan really did a great job there in Ninerland when he was there. Glad he is part of the Seahawks now. Baalke seems to be shooting a whole lota blanks. The only success Baalke has seen is tied to McCloughan. That seems pretty obvious now doesn't it.

We have more than a few posters whose hate of the Niners makes them a little irrational.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:48 pm
  • AP All Pro or nobody cares.
    frase32
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:00 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:
    Giedi wrote:
    RichNhansom wrote:Scott McCloughan really did a great job there in Ninerland when he was there. Glad he is part of the Seahawks now. Baalke seems to be shooting a whole lota blanks. The only success Baalke has seen is tied to McCloughan. That seems pretty obvious now doesn't it.

We have more than a few posters whose hate of the Niners makes them a little irrational.

I never even payed attention to the Seahawks until this year. I am not sure how there is so much hate for us in Seattle. I could see a bit of a rivalry start if we meet in the playoffs or knock out of a post season seed but I think it is a long way from the great rivalries with the Rams or Dallas or even Green Bay.

What have the 49ers done to Seattle? They would have had to play on the road last year against Atlanta anyway and 49ers fans should be thanking Seattle for softening them up for us.

Dodgers and Giants is a rivalry.
    CandlestickBum
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:03 pm
  • CandlestickBum wrote:
    I never even payed attention to the Seahawks until this year. I am not sure how there is so much hate for us in Seattle. I could see a bit of a rivalry start if we meet in the playoffs or knock out of a post season seed but I think it is a long way from the great rivalries with the Rams or Dallas or even Green Bay.

What have the 49ers done to Seattle? They would have had to play on the road last year against Atlanta anyway and 49ers fans should be thanking Seattle for softening them up for us.

Oh the classic "we arent rivals" response, it's a rivalry whether you feel it or not, when you buy billboard to talk about your trophies, and we're flying flags over your toilet bowl stadium, its a rivalry. When we have cute little nicknames for each others teams like "fortywiners" and "seadderall seahawks" its a rivalry.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:17 pm
  • CandlestickBum wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:
    Giedi wrote:

so much fail. thank for representing us bro.
    FriscosFinest
    NET Rookie

Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:26 pm
  • FriscosFinest wrote:
    so much fail. thank for representing us bro.

exactly. if buying a stupid ass billboard to taunt an opposing fanbase isn't a sign of a rivalry i don't know what is
    SoHo9erFan
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:49 pm
  • Fight! Fight! Fight!
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:11 pm

Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:15 pm

Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:53 pm
  • So you gotta kill each other to be a true rivalry now? Excuse my ignorance, but how many Steelers fans have killed Ravens and vice versa?

Those links you posted. Those are just stupid ass Bay Area fans
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:59 pm
  • Christ awmighty
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:05 pm
  • Locking this and will continue to do so as long as these threads turn out like this
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:30 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information