Pro Bowl results discussion

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Pro Bowl results discussion
Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:49 pm
  • Here are the fan results: http://www.faniq.com/blog/Fan-vote-resu ... Blog-73957

I'm actually surprised LeSean McCoy (RB), Josh Gordon (WR), Vernon Davis (TE), and Joe Haden (CB) didn't make the cut.

"The Pro Bowl rosters will be announced tonight at 9 p.m. ET on the NFL Network show 'NFL Total Access: Pro Bowl Players Revealed'. The results will also be available on NFL.com, if you'd rather not put yourself through an episode of 'NFL Total Access'."

I know some of you don't bother watching the Pro Bowl, but I'm still interesting in who goes.

:snack:
    rsm650
    NET Starter

Re: Pro Bowl results discussion
Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:36 pm
  • The pro bowl is a joke but i think people that should go for the Hawks would be Sherm,ET,Kam,RW,Jeremy Lane. Bennett and Lynch might also go but i have them on the outside looking in.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:05 pm
  • getnasty wrote:The pro bowl is a joke but i think people that should go for the Hawks would be Sherm,ET,Kam,RW,Jeremy Lane. Bennett and Lynch might also go but i have them on the outside looking in.

I agree the PB is a joke now. I used to love watching and the events they had, now its complete junk.

Sherman and Thomas should be there, RW as well.

I am glad though that Hekker and Quinn made it for my Rams. Just wish the Pb went back to the good days.
    Fitz the Ram
    NET Rookie

Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:08 pm
  • That is just the fan vote. All the players you mentioned made it.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:26 pm

Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:38 pm
  • It's a good thing Justin Tucker 'thanked' all his fantasy football fans who picked him. What a joke. Andre Johnson, Troy Polamalu, Revis, Philip Rivers.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:18 pm
  • unger is not a pro bowler this year, sorry. Also Robert Mathis gets snubbed yet again
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:23 pm
  • davidonmi wrote:unger is not a pro bowler this year, sorry. Also Robert Mathis gets snubbed yet again

Both should of made it easily. Hate the Pb for these reasons. I actually thought Mathis was going to get it over Quinn, since its a popularity contest. They need to change the voting up some how.
    Fitz the Ram
    NET Rookie

Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:26 pm
  • davidonmi wrote:unger is not a pro bowler this year, sorry. Also Robert Mathis gets snubbed yet again

Yeah I was thinking that too...although I can't name many other relevant centers :)

Marvin49 wrote:That is just the fan vote. All the players you mentioned made it.

Oops, should've said I was surprised those weren't the top 2 vote getters.
    rsm650
    NET Starter

Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:46 pm

UHHH, check again....

Seattle Seahawks
    QB Russell Wilson, C Max Unger, RB Marshawn Lynch, CB Richard Sherman, FS Earl Thomas, SS Kam Chancellor

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... selections
    :49ersmall: How many 49ers fans does it take to change a light bulb? They don't, they just talk about the ones they had. :49ersmall:
    lsheldon
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:57 pm
  • lsheldon wrote:
    davidonmi wrote:unger is not a pro bowler this year, sorry. Also Robert Mathis gets snubbed yet again

UHHH, check again....

Seattle Seahawks
    QB Russell Wilson, C Max Unger, RB Marshawn Lynch, CB Richard Sherman, FS Earl Thomas, SS Kam Chancellor

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... selections

He means Unger doesn't deserve to be a Pro Bowler this year. And I agree.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:59 pm
  • Tom Brady in is a travesty, he was merely average most of the season, why not Foles instead? Luck, Dalton, seriously as good or better(arguably) than Brady this season.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:25 pm
  • What Brady did for much of the season considering his receiving corps makes this year well above "average" for him, IMO.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:05 pm
  • I think players should only be able to select from among the players they faced in the season, same with coaches. Fans votes IMO should be non-factors. I will be disappointed when they start using fans votes for the HOF. I can see that happening, which will be a tragedy.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:19 pm
  • Let me know when the All Pro list comes out, Pro Bowl is like a vote for who's the Prom Queen.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:40 pm

Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:34 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:What Brady did for much of the season considering his receiving corps makes this year well above "average" for him, IMO.

Totally agree. I dont like Brady, but I think Im more in awe of what he has done this year than his 50 TD year that looked like he was playing Madden with Moss.
    “If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give them a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.”
    Vetamur
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:34 pm
  • mistaowen wrote:What a joke. Andre Johnson, Troy Polamalu, Revis, Philip Rivers.

Rivers & Johnson are definitely pro bowl worthy, Johnson over Jeffery is arguable, but both definitely are worthy of their spots. Rivers had an amazing year at QB, second to only Manning. The other two I can agree with.
    20% off Karmaloop & 10% off PLNDR, rep code: DUCK20
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:53 am
  • How did Russell Wilson make the Pro Bowl?

He's 16th in the league in total passing yards (3,357), he's 32nd in the league in passing yards per game (only 209), 9th in touchdowns with 26.

Wilson is a darn good QB, and a great kid both on and off the field. But his numbers this season are kinda middle of the pack, not really probowl worthy.
    youngchew
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:18 am
  • youngchew wrote:How did Russell Wilson make the Pro Bowl?

He's the most important player on the best team in football, how could could he not be named?
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:23 am
  • youngchew wrote:How did Russell Wilson make the Pro Bowl?

He's 16th in the league in total passing yards (3,357), he's 32nd in the league in passing yards per game (only 209), 9th in touchdowns with 26.

Wilson is a darn good QB, and a great kid both on and off the field. But his numbers this season are kinda middle of the pack, not really probowl worthy.

That's some good stat cherry picking.

Wilson also has the most wins of any QB in his first 2 years, and his YPA was 8.25 (Manning had 8.31 for reference).
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:01 am
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:
    youngchew wrote:How did Russell Wilson make the Pro Bowl?

Wilson also has the most wins of any QB in his first 2 years, and his YPA was 8.25 (Manning had 8.31 for reference).

yards per attempt...but I'm stat cherry picking? isn't total yards, average yards per game, touchdowns, and completion percentage a lot more important than average yards per attempt? you didn't even use average yards per completion, which says a lot more. average yards per attempt could just mean he threw a lot of bombs downfield which may have gone incomplete.

and as far as the most wins of any qb in his first 2 years thing goes, ya think maybe some of that has to do with Seattle having the #1 defense in the NFL? Seattle's D gives up the fewest points in the league, only 14. Seahawks defense also leads the NFL in turnovers with 39, so Wilson and the Seahawks offense sees a lot of short fields.

If Nick Foles had started the season, he probably bumps Wilson out.

anywho, its all good man. I'm a Wilson fan, he seems like a humble dude. But his numbers weren't all that eye-popping, and I was surprised he made the pro bowl.

But I guess this is the wrong place for that kind of discussion :mrgreen:
    youngchew
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:46 am
  • youngchew wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:
    youngchew wrote:How did Russell Wilson make the Pro Bowl?

yards per attempt...but I'm stat cherry picking? isn't total yards, average yards per game, touchdowns, and completion percentage a lot more important than average yards per attempt? you didn't even use average yards per completion, which says a lot more. average yards per attempt could just mean he threw a lot of bombs downfield which may have gone incomplete.

and as far as the most wins of any qb in his first 2 years thing goes, ya think maybe some of that has to do with Seattle having the #1 defense in the NFL? Seattle's D gives up the fewest points in the league, only 14. Seahawks defense also leads the NFL in turnovers with 39, so Wilson and the Seahawks offense sees a lot of short fields.

If Nick Foles had started the season, he probably bumps Wilson out.

anywho, its all good man. I'm a Wilson fan, he seems like a humble dude. But his numbers weren't all that eye-popping, and I was surprised he made the pro bowl.

But I guess this is the wrong place for that kind of discussion :mrgreen:

Not gonna argue the Wilson thing one way or the other, but in my opinion YPA is far, far more important a stat than YPC. YPA is the average yards he gets every single time he throws the ball. Year after year the best QBs in the NFL rank the highest in YPA.

You don't seem to understand the way its calculated either. A deep pass that is incomplete counts as 0 YPA. YPA is simply Yards / Attempts.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:16 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information