Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]

Post subject: Pro Bowl results discussion
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:49 pm 
NET Starter

Here are the fan results: http://www.faniq.com/blog/Fan-vote-resu ... Blog-73957

I'm actually surprised LeSean McCoy (RB), Josh Gordon (WR), Vernon Davis (TE), and Joe Haden (CB) didn't make the cut.

"The Pro Bowl rosters will be announced tonight at 9 p.m. ET on the NFL Network show 'NFL Total Access: Pro Bowl Players Revealed'. The results will also be available on NFL.com, if you'd rather not put yourself through an episode of 'NFL Total Access'."

I know some of you don't bother watching the Pro Bowl, but I'm still interesting in who goes.

:snack:

Post subject: Re: Pro Bowl results discussion
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:36 pm 
NET Veteran

The pro bowl is a joke but i think people that should go for the Hawks would be Sherm,ET,Kam,RW,Jeremy Lane. Bennett and Lynch might also go but i have them on the outside looking in.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:05 pm 
NET Practice Squad

getnasty wrote:
The pro bowl is a joke but i think people that should go for the Hawks would be Sherm,ET,Kam,RW,Jeremy Lane. Bennett and Lynch might also go but i have them on the outside looking in.

I agree the PB is a joke now. I used to love watching and the events they had, now its complete junk.

Sherman and Thomas should be there, RW as well.

I am glad though that Hekker and Quinn made it for my Rams. Just wish the Pb went back to the good days.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:08 pm 
NET Veteran

That is just the fan vote. All the players you mentioned made it.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:26 pm 
* NET Alumni *

2014 Pro Bowl: Complete rosters >>> http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story/0ap2000000304771/article/2014-pro-bowl-complete-rosters

Post Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:38 pm 
NET Veteran

It's a good thing Justin Tucker 'thanked' all his fantasy football fans who picked him. What a joke. Andre Johnson, Troy Polamalu, Revis, Philip Rivers.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:18 pm 
NET Veteran

unger is not a pro bowler this year, sorry. Also Robert Mathis gets snubbed yet again

Post Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:23 pm 
NET Practice Squad

davidonmi wrote:
unger is not a pro bowler this year, sorry. Also Robert Mathis gets snubbed yet again

Both should of made it easily. Hate the Pb for these reasons. I actually thought Mathis was going to get it over Quinn, since its a popularity contest. They need to change the voting up some how.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:26 pm 
NET Starter

davidonmi wrote:

Yeah I was thinking that too...although I can't name many other relevant centers :)

Marvin49 wrote:
That is just the fan vote. All the players you mentioned made it.

Oops, should've said I was surprised those weren't the top 2 vote getters.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:46 pm 
NET Veteran

davidonmi wrote:

UHHH, check again....

Seattle Seahawks
QB Russell Wilson, C Max Unger, RB Marshawn Lynch, CB Richard Sherman, FS Earl Thomas, SS Kam Chancellor

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... selections

Post Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:57 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

lsheldon wrote:
davidonmi wrote:

UHHH, check again....

Seattle Seahawks
QB Russell Wilson, C Max Unger, RB Marshawn Lynch, CB Richard Sherman, FS Earl Thomas, SS Kam Chancellor

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... selections

He means Unger doesn't deserve to be a Pro Bowler this year. And I agree.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:59 pm 
NET Veteran

Tom Brady in is a travesty, he was merely average most of the season, why not Foles instead? Luck, Dalton, seriously as good or better(arguably) than Brady this season.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:25 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*

What Brady did for much of the season considering his receiving corps makes this year well above "average" for him, IMO.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:05 pm 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *

I think players should only be able to select from among the players they faced in the season, same with coaches. Fans votes IMO should be non-factors. I will be disappointed when they start using fans votes for the HOF. I can see that happening, which will be a tragedy.

Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)

Post Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:19 pm 
NET Veteran

Let me know when the All Pro list comes out, Pro Bowl is like a vote for who's the Prom Queen.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:40 pm 
NET Veteran

Antrel Rolle, you mad Bro?

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Ant ... -snub.html

Post Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:34 am 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

RolandDeschain wrote:
What Brady did for much of the season considering his receiving corps makes this year well above "average" for him, IMO.

Totally agree. I dont like Brady, but I think Im more in awe of what he has done this year than his 50 TD year that looked like he was playing Madden with Moss.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:34 pm 
NET Veteran

mistaowen wrote:
What a joke. Andre Johnson, Troy Polamalu, Revis, Philip Rivers.

Rivers & Johnson are definitely pro bowl worthy, Johnson over Jeffery is arguable, but both definitely are worthy of their spots. Rivers had an amazing year at QB, second to only Manning. The other two I can agree with.

Want to save money? Get cash back from online purchases through Ebates! Referral link here!

Post Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:53 am 
NET Practice Squad

How did Russell Wilson make the Pro Bowl?

He's 16th in the league in total passing yards (3,357), he's 32nd in the league in passing yards per game (only 209), 9th in touchdowns with 26.

Wilson is a darn good QB, and a great kid both on and off the field. But his numbers this season are kinda middle of the pack, not really probowl worthy.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:18 am 
*Host of .NET Awards*

youngchew wrote:

He's the most important player on the best team in football, how could could he not be named?

Post Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:23 am 
* NET Philistine *

youngchew wrote:

He's 16th in the league in total passing yards (3,357), he's 32nd in the league in passing yards per game (only 209), 9th in touchdowns with 26.

Wilson is a darn good QB, and a great kid both on and off the field. But his numbers this season are kinda middle of the pack, not really probowl worthy.

That's some good stat cherry picking.

Wilson also has the most wins of any QB in his first 2 years, and his YPA was 8.25 (Manning had 8.31 for reference).

Post Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:01 am 
NET Practice Squad

Sarlacc83 wrote:
youngchew wrote:

Wilson also has the most wins of any QB in his first 2 years, and his YPA was 8.25 (Manning had 8.31 for reference).

yards per attempt...but I'm stat cherry picking? isn't total yards, average yards per game, touchdowns, and completion percentage a lot more important than average yards per attempt? you didn't even use average yards per completion, which says a lot more. average yards per attempt could just mean he threw a lot of bombs downfield which may have gone incomplete.

and as far as the most wins of any qb in his first 2 years thing goes, ya think maybe some of that has to do with Seattle having the #1 defense in the NFL? Seattle's D gives up the fewest points in the league, only 14. Seahawks defense also leads the NFL in turnovers with 39, so Wilson and the Seahawks offense sees a lot of short fields.

If Nick Foles had started the season, he probably bumps Wilson out.

anywho, its all good man. I'm a Wilson fan, he seems like a humble dude. But his numbers weren't all that eye-popping, and I was surprised he made the pro bowl.

But I guess this is the wrong place for that kind of discussion :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:46 am 
NET Veteran

youngchew wrote:
Sarlacc83 wrote:
youngchew wrote:

yards per attempt...but I'm stat cherry picking? isn't total yards, average yards per game, touchdowns, and completion percentage a lot more important than average yards per attempt? you didn't even use average yards per completion, which says a lot more. average yards per attempt could just mean he threw a lot of bombs downfield which may have gone incomplete.

and as far as the most wins of any qb in his first 2 years thing goes, ya think maybe some of that has to do with Seattle having the #1 defense in the NFL? Seattle's D gives up the fewest points in the league, only 14. Seahawks defense also leads the NFL in turnovers with 39, so Wilson and the Seahawks offense sees a lot of short fields.

If Nick Foles had started the season, he probably bumps Wilson out.

anywho, its all good man. I'm a Wilson fan, he seems like a humble dude. But his numbers weren't all that eye-popping, and I was surprised he made the pro bowl.

But I guess this is the wrong place for that kind of discussion :mrgreen:

Not gonna argue the Wilson thing one way or the other, but in my opinion YPA is far, far more important a stat than YPC. YPA is the average yards he gets every single time he throws the ball. Year after year the best QBs in the NFL rank the highest in YPA.

You don't seem to understand the way its calculated either. A deep pass that is incomplete counts as 0 YPA. YPA is simply Yards / Attempts.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]