So I went back and watched this game again even though it was quite painful haha. I'm sure many have already made these observations but here's a quick little evaluation.
1) We had stretches of very nice and productive plays when we ran to the edges and did short and quick passes.
Unfortunately it seems like our touchdown attempts were stuffed trying to run it multiple times straight up the middle. There were times when Lynch would hit some guys and instead of bouncing for the edge where it was open he went right back up the middle trying to force it. Not sure if Lynch failed to make the play or was instructed to run the middle no matter what.
So all the talk of we only tried long passes is not true. Our short ones were very effective early on but we abandoned it and killed our touchdown drives with runs up the middle. Not sure why we stopped what was working with both short passes and running to the edge.
2) Russell Wilson did not play as bad as everyone is saying. Yes he did have a handful of bad throws but he had just as many if not more great ones which our guys failed to catch. These balls were literally falling right between guys hands or bouncing off of them.
His accuracy was very good on a lot of incompletions our guys have to make those plays.
3) Our offensive line is a huge failure. People seem to be putting the blame on Russell but our pass blocking was pretty pathetic on further review. Even on plays where Russell seemed to have some decent time in reality our pocket was rapidly shrinking and I don't blame Russell when he started to try to scramble a bit. It was like the entire game guys were just a second away from tackling him with all sorts of huge gaps for any defender to join the action.
If the goal is to make Russell more of a stand up pocket passer I really don't think our offensive line is capable to do it. They simply are not reliable at all and get pushed all over the place causing Russell to be in constant danger.
Also at times guys ran right through the line of scrimmage at us untouched, this is unacceptable.
4) Russell appears to always try to force the throw now instead of running. I've noticed this since the start of the season Russell has been standing in the pocket a lot more and running a lot less.
There were multiple plays where I think Russell could have ran for a gain or first down but instead tried to force the pass and ended up throwing it away since our receivers were no where near what kind of position they should be for Russell to make the play.
If we are going to force the pass and not let Russell run it we need to design plays where we have someone ready to bail him out if pocket collapses. Instead we had like one guy fully covered 25 yards down the field and everyone else on the opposite side from where he scrambled... No choice but to throw it away.
I can only assume it is our coaches telling Russell to go through all his progressions and force the throw. In reality with our terrible offensive line the moment Russell senses danger and that the play will fail as designed he needs to just take off down field. There are very few defenders who can stop him from picking up yards when he is decisive and just burst in a different direction. Once again this kind of offense would be more effective with someone ready to bail out Wilson if he's not gonna pick up nice yards on the run.
We really had no one there for him to make a play pretty pathetic. It's like our play calling was all assuming we would have a ton of time in a big pocket...
5) Defense is getting very discouraged with our offense. If you looked at the guys at halftime you would think we are down 20 points not tied 3-3. At times it seemed Sherman was pretty fed up despite his professional comments after the game.
6) Pretty much all our key guys seemed to get hurt or banged up in this game. Tate, Baldwin, Kearse, Thomas, Lane. Lynch seems like something is wrong too. A lot of them were limping around etc, hope none of those are seriously hurt but I'm sure if they are we'd probably just force them to play and keep it quiet for now.
7) Coaching staff looked panicked, mildly upset, indecisive. Never seen Pete look like that. Have a feeling him and Bevell are not seeing eye to eye and I believe Caroll might have been more involved with the play calling than usual. Whenever they showed Caroll he looked kinda distraught or confused/indecisive.
I also think Bevell is the reason we had the delay of game on the 5 yard line. I think he can't make up his mind how to get us touchdowns anymore... Not a good sign.
Overall really couldn't believe we only scored 10 points even after watching it a second time.