Jon Kitna to Cowboys...

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Re: Jon Kitna to Cowboys...
Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:20 am
  • KitsapGuy wrote:IRVING — Much has been made of the Cowboys signing high school math teacher Jon Kitna out of retirement to figure into their quarterback puzzle against the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday. Almost every reference has mentioned the quarterback, who retired from the Cowboys after the 2011 season, will earn about $53,000 for his Christmas week’s work.

Only Kitna, 41, is not keeping the money. It didn’t come up in his Christmas Day media scrum in the locker room. But later, while relaxing on a locker room couch and reconnecting with radio play-by-play voice Brad Sham, Kitna said he would be donating his NFL check to his school. He also told several teammates.

Since retiring from the Cowboys, Kitna, who has 15 seasons and four teams on his NFL résumé, has taught math and coached football at Lincoln High School in his native Tacoma, Wash.

The football team — the Abes — finished its season last month at 8-2. That was up from 5-5 during Kitna’s first season. Kitna’s son, Jordan, a sophomore, was his starting quarterback.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas ... school.ece

Kitna will be always be a hero out here in my eyes. He's doing a lot for my HS
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:37 am
  • If nothing else, he's a frickin' math WHIZ! Which just there makes him a far better man than me... I love Jon Kitna! He's a scrappy little f'er! Good on him, even if it is the Cowpukes...

May you Rest In Peace Les, my friend...
    :les:
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:15 pm
  • Kitna rocks! Love his story, love that he was a Hawk, love that he's a fellow Washingtonian, and love what he continues to do for the community. One of my fave all-time Seahawks!
    docj78
    NET Rookie

Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:04 pm
    minormillikin
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:27 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information