Matt Ryan threw more yards against the 49ers than...

Tokadub

Reaction score
Matt Ryan's 341 passing yards last night vs the 49ers is significantly more than the Seahawks total offensive yards from either of our games this season, even the blowout.

Week 2 Seahawks defeat 49ers 29-3
Seahawks total yards: 290

Week 14 Seahawks lose to 49ers 17-19
Seahawks total yards: 264

Just an interesting stat to me especially when Matt Ryan had 2 interceptions and the 49ers had 0 turnovers.

Not an extremely meaningful stat but one that I was curious to see after the Seahawks struggled so much offensively against the 49ers.

Hoping we can get offense in check this weekend!

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
Ryan had 1 interception. but i don't think it means anything. Atlanta's offense was on point the whole game. Literally played perfect until the very end

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Our offense is not built to throw so many yards. We can't get into shoot-outs. It doesn't automatically means we struggle ...

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
I am not arguing against our offensive struggles of late but would just like to point out that quite often the QB's w/ the most yards for a weekend are the losers or involved in a close game. Why? Because they are throwing about 75% of the snaps trying to catch/keep up. RW was one of the most efficient QB's in moving the ball via completion percentage plus great defenses tend to give you shorter fields (as ours has a lot this year).

All that being said, it has been quite different for RW the last few games but there are many other threads addressing this.

Back on point, I am just pointing out that stats are not all that w/out watching the games/situations.

Axx

Reaction score
The 49ers weakness is their secondary not their run D. So the genius bevelle was going to exploit their running D and avoid their secondary

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
BobcatHawk":1g07i2mx said:
SoHo9erFan":1g07i2mx said:
Ryan had 1 interception. but i don't think it means anything. Atlanta's offense was on point the whole game. Literally played perfect until the very end

Not that it matters, but Ryan did have two interceptions according to the box score: http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=331223025
I forgot about the last play of the game. There were 5 seconds left and Ryan threw a hail mary pick in the endzone.. Doesn't really count.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
The Falcons pass almost 70% of the time. The 9ers pass D also played poorly (blown coverages, people slipping and falling a lot, rushers not being able to finish off when getting pressure, etc.). I wouldn't read too much into it.

FWIW I don't think either of Ryan's ints were his fault. Brock jumped the route and Bowman just made an amazing play on the INT for a TD (Bowman was blitzing over the center, and bailed out to follow the ball on a three step drop; really an amazing play after several bad ones by him in a row). The second INT was on the hail marry on the last play of the game, and Brock should have just batted it down.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Axx":1xkqxjtf said:
The 49ers weakness is their secondary not their run D. So the genius bevelle was going to exploit their running D and avoid their secondary

Going into last night the 49ers had the 3rd ranked pass defense in the NFL and were ranked around 10th in run defense.

Ryan had a good night (tho he threw the ball almost 50 freakin times).

Dick Johnson

Reaction score
Seattle is a run first team, Atlanta can't run to save their lives. I don't think it's fair to compare the two against the niners d. I would love for the Seahawks to abandon the run vs the niners every time you face us.

chris98251

Reaction score
When you get turnovers and run a short feild as well as split the offense almost 50/50 run pass you rarely have 300 plus yds games.

CandlestickBum

Reaction score
When you have a good defense and a solid passing attack you can pound the opposing defense on the ground to wear them them down, run out the clock, and give your guys a rest.

Seattle is number 4 in rushing yards per game, right behind SF. Atlanta is dead last.

I would love to see Lynch benched for the postseason. I would love to see Seattle try to dominate through the air.

There is a reason teams like Seattle and San Francisco are second half teams. They wear down opposing defenses.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Axx":1zap0m6h said:

Were you home-schooled?

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1uk7gqj0 said:
Axx":1uk7gqj0 said:

Were you home-schooled?

Isn't that home-skuled?