Nick Foles and the Art of the Pump Fake

OrFan

Reaction score
He is pretty dang fun to watch, has a really good natural feel for the game. He is without a doubt the qb they have been missing. Vick was never as consistent, and could never stay healthy.

Pak40.

Reaction score
That is a real pump fake with a follow through and everything. Most QBs do like a en elbow bob and call it good.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Wait, wait...aint that in the 3rd year class in the NFL...cant use it before the third year. LOL or.. I have been watching too much Harry Potter. I cant find my prisoner of askaban too. rats.

mikeak

Reaction score
OrFan":3brm8dsg said:
He is pretty dang fun to watch, has a really good natural feel for the game. He is without a doubt the qb they have been missing. Vick was never as consistent, and could never stay healthy.

Vick either never applied himself or is inherintly stupid (or both). He never tried to understand defences to know what would be open or what was closing.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
It would be pretty amazing if Foles ends up being the best QB of the fabled 2012 Draft class. He is certainly playing the best of the bunch right now.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
That's all scheme. It's Chip Kelly's cheap but brilliantly needling/annoying offense. So cheap. Reminds me of the Walsh WCO in the 80s. Foles is the right guy for the job, but I promise you that pump fake was scripted/practiced. It's exactly the lame crap Kelly is known for.

HawkWow

Reaction score
mikeak":snhwkzbm said:
OrFan":snhwkzbm said:

Vick either never applied himself or is inherintly stupid (or both). He never tried to understand defences to know what would be open or what was closing.

Totally agree, Mike. But the good thing is Vick appears to be smart enough, and a team player enough, to understand Foles is the man for the job. Foles is fortunate to have that going for him. Very proud of Vick...but had he been this selfless in Atlanta, with Schaub, no telling how far Atlanta could have gone with Schaub at QB and Vick doing the "slash" thing.

I wanted Foles over Wilson...but that was then. I'm plenty happy with RW. I've been calling Foles the 3rd best QB of that draft since last year and with more reps, I'd likely put Cousins right behind him (Wilson and Luck). Griffin below the above and that I've said since Baylor. It's fun to LOL at the Skins, until the Rams pop into my head. Then it's not so funny anymore. :/