Nick Foles and the Art of the Pump Fake

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Nick Foles and the Art of the Pump Fake
Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:43 pm
    Brahn
    NET Veteran

• Forward to Mr. Wilson
    skater18000
    NET Veteran

• Pretty sweet fake, no question.
    Q: “What is your thing?”
    A: “Lay back, kick back, mind my business, stay in my own lane.”
    VivaEfrenHerrera
    NET Veteran

• Definitely a very good sales job.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

• He is pretty dang fun to watch, has a really good natural feel for the game. He is without a doubt the qb they have been missing. Vick was never as consistent, and could never stay healthy.
    OrFan
    NET Veteran

• That is a real pump fake with a follow through and everything. Most QBs do like a en elbow bob and call it good.
    Pak40.
    NET Practice Squad

• Even the announcers were chuckling when he did that.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Wait, wait...aint that in the 3rd year class in the NFL...cant use it before the third year. LOL or.. I have been watching too much Harry Potter. I cant find my prisoner of askaban too. rats.
    Cats will rule the world...just ask my cat.
    Gollum had a ring...Bilbo took it...Frodo had it...Gollum got it back.
    Gollum never had OUR ring.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• OrFan wrote:He is pretty dang fun to watch, has a really good natural feel for the game. He is without a doubt the qb they have been missing. Vick was never as consistent, and could never stay healthy.

Vick either never applied himself or is inherintly stupid (or both). He never tried to understand defences to know what would be open or what was closing.
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• It would be pretty amazing if Foles ends up being the best QB of the fabled 2012 Draft class. He is certainly playing the best of the bunch right now.
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• I have seen several QB's do that this year. It's becoming a trend. lol.
    BlackSabbath
    NET Bench Warmer

• That's all scheme. It's Chip Kelly's cheap but brilliantly needling/annoying offense. So cheap. Reminds me of the Walsh WCO in the 80s. Foles is the right guy for the job, but I promise you that pump fake was scripted/practiced. It's exactly the lame crap Kelly is known for.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Starter

• mikeak wrote:
    OrFan wrote:He is pretty dang fun to watch, has a really good natural feel for the game. He is without a doubt the qb they have been missing. Vick was never as consistent, and could never stay healthy.

Vick either never applied himself or is inherintly stupid (or both). He never tried to understand defences to know what would be open or what was closing.

Totally agree, Mike. But the good thing is Vick appears to be smart enough, and a team player enough, to understand Foles is the man for the job. Foles is fortunate to have that going for him. Very proud of Vick...but had he been this selfless in Atlanta, with Schaub, no telling how far Atlanta could have gone with Schaub at QB and Vick doing the "slash" thing.

I wanted Foles over Wilson...but that was then. I'm plenty happy with RW. I've been calling Foles the 3rd best QB of that draft since last year and with more reps, I'd likely put Cousins right behind him (Wilson and Luck). Griffin below the above and that I've said since Baylor. It's fun to LOL at the Skins, until the Rams pop into my head. Then it's not so funny anymore. :/
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:26 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information