Some Good Games Next Weekend

nategreat

Reaction score
Green Bay @ Chicago..... winner takes the NFC North and is in the playoffs, loser is out.

Philadelphia @ Dallas..... winner takes NFC East and is in the playoffs, loser is out.

San Franciso @ Arizona..... Arizona needs to win to keep playoff hopes alive

St. Louis @ Seattle..... we all know the implications of this game

Should be an exciting week of football, I'm looking forward to it!

Axx

Reaction score
hopefully no more blowouts like chicago @ philly.
those games are soo boring.

Polaris

Reaction score
nategreat":2jhvjx2h said:
Green Bay @ Chicago..... winner takes the NFC North and is in the playoffs, loser is out.

Philadelphia @ Dallas..... winner takes NFC East and is in the playoffs, loser is out.

These games are simple enough. There is one minor quirk. Chicago and Philly could tie and win their respective division crowns. Dallas and GB have to win outright.

Actually it's more interesting than that. If New Orleans wins (vs Tampa Bay at home) and San Fran wins tomorrow at the Stick vs Atlanta, then Arizona is eliminated no matter what. However if San Fran loses vs Atlanta and New Orleans were to lose then a very intriguing situation would occure:

The winner of the San Fran @ Arizona game would get the five seed, and the loser would go home (and New Orleans would get the six seed) but if both teams tied then they would both go to the playoffs and New Orleans would go home. I wonder if that situation happened, if the two teams would collude to have a tie?

This game could be all important or meaningless. I think it's going to be all important since I don't expect San Fran to lose vs Atlanta.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Axx":2jcbi9h6 said:
hopefully no more blowouts like chicago @ philly.
those games are soo boring.

I could handle a blowout if it's Seattle blowing out St. Louis. That kind of boring I could live with. :D

kidhawk

Reaction score
Not to forget that there is currently a three way tie for the last play off spot in the AFC as well, with 4 teams having some kind of shot at it. Makes for lots of important games, but still only one I really care about

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Pittsburgh could still make the playoffs, leaving the ultimate payback game a slim possibility. :) The bottom end of the AFC race is wild.

sutz

Reaction score
I don't want some other team getting us our goal. I want the Seahawks to win the #1 seed.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Polaris":q43a18g1 said:
nategreat":q43a18g1 said:

These games are simple enough. There is one minor quirk. Chicago and Philly could tie and win their respective division crowns. Dallas and GB have to win outright.

Actually it's more interesting than that. If New Orleans wins (vs Tampa Bay at home) and San Fran wins tomorrow at the Stick vs Atlanta, then Arizona is eliminated no matter what. However if San Fran loses vs Atlanta and New Orleans were to lose then a very intriguing situation would occure:

The winner of the San Fran @ Arizona game would get the five seed, and the loser would go home (and New Orleans would get the six seed) but if both teams tied then they would both go to the playoffs and New Orleans would go home. I wonder if that situation happened, if the two teams would collude to have a tie?

This game could be all important or meaningless. I think it's going to be all important since I don't expect San Fran to lose vs Atlanta.
Since it's a 10 AM game our time, if NO wins at home vs. TB, the Cards will likely fold up because they will be out and there will go any hope of them beating SF.

kf3339

Reaction score
All I ask is that Arizona has the guts to play as well against the Niners as they did against us last Sunday. Even if they have been statistically eliminated with a New Orleans win they still need to finish the season on a positive note. It also forces the Niners to play all of their guys instead of holding anyone back in case we are in a tight game with the Rams.

But that aside It's all on the Hawks to just destroy the Rams and own the NFC west division title and HFA in the playoffs.