Rex Ryan might be gone from NY?

chris98251

Reaction score
Well it was discussed if he would make it through the season day 1, but with Rex it's hard to beleive anything he says as factual. He may have been using it as a motivation tool for the players.

Polaris

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":1410xw4r said:
@JayGlazer just reported on FOX pre-game show that Rex Ryan told Jets players in meeting last night that he believes he's fired.

https://twitter.com/art_stapleton/statu ... 6831049728

I wouldn't be suprised. Idzik is the new GM and wants his own people, and Ryan had this season to prove that he should stay.....but by missing the playoffs he didn't.

Not sure I agree, but it is what it is.

drdiags

Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere or heard on the tube that Idzik does not have the authority to fire Ryan? Woody would have to buy off on it, since that was one of the reasons folks thought it would be hard to fill the GM role in NY. Now maybe he has authority to fire him after this season, just keep hearing conflicting stories.

getnasty

Reaction score
The fact the Jets have as many win as they do amazes me. They have absolutely zero talent on the offensive side of the ball. I actually think Rex has done a good job this year, don't think he keeps his job but not bad.

mikeak

Reaction score
drdiags":1ae5u68j said:
I thought I read somewhere or heard on the tube that Idzik does not have the authority to fire Ryan? Woody would have to buy off on it, since that was one of the reasons folks thought it would be hard to fill the GM role in NY. Now maybe he has authority to fire him after this season, just keep hearing conflicting stories.

Wouldn't be surprised if the conversation went something like this

OK I will take the job and won't argue to fire Rex unless he once again goes sub .500

Woody - Deal

chris98251

Reaction score
Yeah I remember something of the lack of real authority the GM would have there, was a puppet on a string type position due to Ryans contract possibly. Idzik really doesn't have any real clout yet till Ryan is gone.

mistaowen

Reaction score
If he does get the axe I imagine he would only get defensive coordinator offers to start which he would be great at. Jets defense is the only reason for the few wins they got this year. We saw what happens when your offense goes 3 and out all the time against the Cards, they do it every week.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I thought he should of been fired last season but he did a lot with a rookie turnover prone QB and make shift offense. I can understand why they would let him go, since the new front office wants their own guy, but I think they should maybe keep him now.

It is New York though...